Fate is a tricky one ~ HTTYD...

By furyforlife

Hiccup is the runt of his tribe and Astrid is abused by her parents. Then Hiccup befriends toothless and show... More

Ch 1- This is just the beginning
Ch 2- The Red Death
Ch 3- Berk
Ch 4- Captured
Ch 5- Invasion
Ch 6- Falling
Ch 7- Dying
Ch 8- Stealth Mission
Ch 9- We Meet Again
Ch 11- Sacrifices
Ch 12- Arguments
Ch 13- Betrayal
Sequel
Part 2 ~ Ch 1 - A New Threat
Part 2~ Ch 2- Lightfury
Part 2 ~ Ch 3 - Destruction
Part 2 ~ Ch 4 - Close your eyes
Part 2 ~ Ch 5 - I love you
Part 2 ~ Ch 6 - Cheating the Reaper

Ch 10- Duel

431 10 3
By furyforlife

Recap: Berk came back. Hiccup and Astrid revealed themselves and Astrid tried to kill Snotlout. Hiccup flew off with Astrid leaving Eret to babysit the Berkians.

~Right after Hiccup flew off~

As Toothless was gliding, Hiccup told him to go to Itchy Armpit. Astrid sat face to face with him on his lap. He was mindlessly stroking her hair while they just stared at each-other.

"What are we going to do Hiccup. I mean, it's been seven years! Do we forgive them?" Hiccups emerald eyes were troubled and for the first time Hiccup replied," I... don't know."

Toothless landed at Itchy Armpit and Hiccup and Astrid sat in eachothers arms not wanting to come back the the reality of confronting their past.

~ at the mead hall ~

"I want to see my son!" The large man bellowed. Eret just shook his head," they should be here any minute now. Please stay calm and you may have something to eat."

As soon as Eret announced that there was food, the Vikings ran straight to it. The hall was much larger than Berk's and more civilized. All of the villagers wore dragon scale armor which really added onto the whole dragon island look.

After an hour or so, flapping of wings was heard outside the great hall and Hiccup and Astrid walked in.

Hiccup walked up to the chiefs table and yelled "silence!"

The whole room immediately went silent. "You are all welcome here for the time being but DONT take advantage of that." As Astrid watched her husband, she admired his ability to quiet hundreds of savages and command them how he pleases.

"If ANY of you offend my people or the dragons on this island... I will not hesitate to send you off to the Grimborn brothers themselves." Hiccup stood tall and unwavering; everyone in the room seemed to agree with his standards.

...Except Snotlout," Why in the world would a god like me surrender to those barbaric animals I will not hesitate to..." Hiccup cut him off by banging his fist on the wooden table with echoed off the walls,"You, boy, are nothing to me. I am a patient man but NO ONE threatens my dragons"

Snotlout simply scoffed," Sure, you might be all tonight but that doesn't mean that you deserve my angel, Astrid." After he said that, Astrid lunched to him but Hiccup held her back as he said." Your right Snotlout, I don't deserve her."

Astrid immediately held his face shaking her head," No one does, especially not you Snotface. Your brain is smaller than a grain of rice and your brawn has turned into a beer belly."

Everyone laughed, then Snotlout said," You wanna play games cousin? We shall fight for Astrid. Do you accept little cousin?"

Hiccup knew that if he refused that he would be called a coward but he also didn't feel like wasting his time on this square faced pig.

"Fine. Meet me at the arena this time tomorrow. Until then, the rest of the Berkians may go, but Eret please keep an eye on Snotlout.

The man protested but Hiccup didn't care. He went straight to his mansion to de-stress.

~

Astrid walked into the mansion to see her husband sitting by the window drawing the landscapes. It was one of his most attractive qualities. The duo has matured during their relationship and their respect and love for one and other has only grown.

The Valkyrie worries for him though. Everyday is getting harder for him it seems like. He is hiding something but Astrid can't quite figure out what is wrong. He has terrible nightmares almost every night but there's something else.

"Babe" she wrapped her arms around his shoulder behind him. "What can I do for you?" He asked. "You don't need to do anything. Is that me in your drawing?" He smiled softly," Yes it's the only way to get you out of my mind."

Astrid's heart flutters every time he says these things. "Can I watch?"
"Well of course milady"

~ The next day~

Snotlout knew that he was going to win. He is the heir to the Berk throne. Sure he missed his cousin and felt bad after he left but he can't just take his woman.

Hiccup, on the other hand, needed to talk to his mother. Valka knew that Stoick was back but she didn't have the courage to face him.

As Hiccup walked into her house, he saw his mother sitting on a chair putting together some armor for the younger dragon riders that Hiccup and Eret taught.

"Hello mother" Hiccup smiled. "Oh Hiccup, dear, you startled me. Is there something you need." Hiccup sat down next to her," I wanted to know if you are going to reveal yourself to father. I haven't told him anything and I have also been keeping me distance though he keeps finding me."

"I don't know son. Your father is a very strong man but I fear that he will hate me if he finds out that I left you for him to raise for himself."

"Just answer me one question." Hiccup asked with a serious tone,"Do you still love him?"

Valka faltered at his words," of course I love him." She answered almost sadly.

"Then I see no point than to tell him that yourself"

"You are right son. I will tell him after your little 'duel'." She chuckled. It was obvious to her that Hiccup would win.

"Alright see you there." He kissed her cheek and walked towards the arena.

~ at the arena ~

All of the habitants of Dragons Edge island along with Berk were all seated outside the arena. Most of the Berkians looked embarrassed because of Snotlout except for Spitlout, snot's father.

Astrid and Hiccup behind the entrance but Astrid stopped him.

"I know that you are the strongest and best fighter in the archipelago but don't be careless. Snotlout is still a decent fighter and he probably grew stronger these 7 years.

"I will milady. I've seen Snot fight and he is all muscle and no skill. I have nothing to worry about." He smirked while Astrid said,"Then go fight for me babe." They kissed passionately before Hiccup made his grand entrance.

The audience roared while Snotlout just got a few cheers from his dad.

Once Astrid was seated on her throne to watch she raised her arm and struck it down which signaled to begin.

The duo circled eachother and Hiccup decided to hold back to give everyone a show.

Snotlout charged with his war hammer but Hiccup easily parried him and side stepped causing Snot to trip.

After a few minutes of the same thing, and Snot getting very angry, Hiccup brought out his flaming sword while everyone was in awe.

"What the fuck is that?" Snotlout shouted. "This is Inferno. It is the weapon I killed Drago Bludvist with."

Now Hiccup knew he had everyone's attention. Some Berkians gasped along with Stoick.

Snotlout merely scoffed and charged again. Hiccup caught his hammer with inferno and it flew away from Snotlouts hands.

Hiccup laughed and tossed inferno. "Now let's see if your a real man"

The two men got into a bloody fist fight. Hiccup landed punch after punch until Snot was completely knocked out.

Everyone cheered even though they knew Hiccup would win easily. Astrid ran to her husband and squeezed him as hard as she could.

Then she whispered sarcastically,"You saved me my hero."

"Anything for you milady." And everyone went to feast while Snotlout was taken to get medical attention.

~the great hall~

Everyone was laughing and enjoying the feast and music when a person in full armor entered (Valka)

Hiccup ran to her and whispered," what are you doing?"

"You will see." She replied seriously.

She walked up to the emperors table so everyone could see her.

"You all may be wondering who I am and I will answer shortly. I am very proud of Hiccup for taking you all in but I thought that this is not a coincidence. Rather, it is an opportunity." She paused and lifted her helmet.

There was a pause before the whole room was gaping in realization of who she is.

"Valka?"

Hope this was good. More is coming soon so stay tuned:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 79 34
"I will be back in 3 years" "Be safe Hiccup. I love you." "I love you too. See you soon Astrid" We all know the story, Hiccup is chosen to kill the M...
6.4K 220 9
(y/n) is the son of a fishermen who grew up on Berk alongside his best friend Hiccup. Both went through losing a parent during a dragon attack. (y/n)...
377K 8.6K 23
Hiccup is chosen to kill the Monstrous Nightmare to become a Viking. But Hiccup doesn't want this. Scared about the possible outcomes of the situatio...
36K 606 10
A Nightlight a species of the 'Unholy' offspring of death a Night fury and a Light fury, this is Y/n she is a Nightlight and a very powerful one, she...