The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

83

1.7K 57 281
By heartlessbrock

I thought the last time I was forced to be in Pops' gang was bad.

I thought what he put me through was as bad as it could get.

I was wrong.

The past two weeks felt like five hundred years. I was exhausted from doing this with little to no sleep, while I simultaneously was growing a literal human in my belly.

I was starting to pop out to the point where it was really getting noticeable. I was absolutely terrified about that fact considering it would quickly become a target.

That was the worst thing that could happen.

Right now I was literally sprinting down an alleyway since someone was chasing me after a drug deal went wrong.

I apparently walked into a meeting that I wasn't supposed to be walking into.

This triggered them to start to chase after me which triggered me to kill one of them.

I was in a pretty fucked up situation.

"Fuck." I whispered as I tried to pull my keys out of my pocket while keeping myself armed.

"Get her." I heard someone say directly behind me, causing me to whip around and shoot him in the head.

The way he flopped back reminded me of the first time I killed someone.

I remembered how badly it hurt to betray myself like that. Now I felt nothing.

I was mindlessly killing people like Colby said I never would.

I even killed him.

Before I could really react to the dead body in front of me, I heard gunshots echoing from down the alleyway.

"Fuck me." I grumbled then kept running until I reached my car.

I quickly unlocked it, hearing more gunshots. All the adrenaline coursed through my veins as I started the car and sped down the road.

I felt horrible for putting the baby under so much stress but I was trying to keep myself as calm as possible.

I put my hand on my belly and looked out the rearview mirror, seeing someone was following.

"God damnit!" I hissed and took a sharp left turn, trying to keep the car in control. I wasn't the best at high speed chases like Colby was.

He was methodical and careful while driving at insane speeds and getting away from the bad guys.

I needed him now.

I started to panic slightly as the car got closer to me, ramming into me. "Fuck." I hissed and stepped on the gas.

The car followed closely for only a couple more seconds before it was swerving out of control.

"Thank god." I whispered and continued driving back to Pops' house.

I feel like I've been getting lucky when it came to these missions. Mostly because I haven't died when I probably should have a couple times.

Everything was still so scary though considering I didn't know when the end was.

I knew Pops was going to push me until I either broke or died. If we were being honestly I was close at this point.

I was close to giving up and just surrendering.

When I got back to the house I made my way inside and towards my room.

Pops was expecting me to come and report back to him but after the events that just occurred, I just wanted to be left alone.

When I got to the room I sat on the floor and leaned against the wall. Tears filled my eyes as I thought about my siblings and about Colby.

I missed feeling even an ounce of love and comfort. I would cry almost every night and I had to get myself back together in the morning to do the most foul and violent tasks.

I just wasn't myself anymore.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening revealing a man who's name I learned.

"Just not gonna report to Pops?" He asked as I shook my head. "I needed a minute." I mumbled, crossing my arms.

"Well get up. You're in deep shit." He said then nudged his head so I would stand up and follow him.

Usually this would stress me out but right now I didn't care. If he didn't want me to fuck up his gang, he wouldn't make me work for him.

I slowly made my way to Pops' office then walked in.

"Juliana, do you have something to tell me?" Pops said as I shook my head. "Not particularly." I mumbled as he rolled his eyes.

"I am not fucking around, Juliana. What did you do?" He asked as I sighed. "You sent me on a mission and I went." I said as he groaned.

"You fucked up." He said as I shook my head. "All I did was what you told me. I went to the address you gave me and I went in. You didn't warn me about the fact there could be a meeting going on." I said and crossed my arms.

"That wasn't what I was talking about, Juliana." He said lowly. "You thought I wouldn't notice the little problem we have growing?" He asked as I scrunched my brow.

"What?" I asked as he clenched his jaw, pulling out the bottle of prenatal vitamins I had.

"Where did you get those?" I asked, taking a step back as he narrowed his eyes. "So it's true?" He asked with a hint of anger.

My heart raced, seeing how aggressive he was starting to get.

"Lift your shirt." He said with a menacing tone. "No." I whispered and took a step back. "Juliana, LIFT YOUR SHIRT." Pops said as I flinched and reached for the bottom of my shirt.

I felt the anger building up in Pops' eyes as I lifted my shirt, revealing the bump I had been trying so hard to hide.

"Well we can't have that now can we." Pops snarled as he grabbed something from his desk drawer.

A knife.

I felt my whole body clench with fear as I took another step back, hitting the wall behind me.

"It has nothing to do with you. Please...just let it go." I croaked out as he shook his head.

"You won't be pregnant while working with me." He said and took a step closer. "Then let me go! I don't have to be a part of your shit, you're forcing me to do it." I said as he shook his head.

"You chose your fate, Juliana. Plus, this is a bad idea all around." He said then took another step closer, releasing the blade from the pocketknife in his hand.

"I'm doing you a favor." He said then charged at me.

I gasped and slid down the wall, avoiding the knife that he was going to use to kill my baby.

I had to fight for his or her life right now.

Pops pulled away only to turn and stab towards me again.

I ducked out of the way, only to be stabbed in the shoulder by his knife.

"Fuck!" I cried out, watching as a smile formed on his face.

"You've always been a little shit, but I never expected you to be so careless." Pops said lowly as I put pressure on my wound with my hand, keeping my other hand over my belly in a sad attempt to protect my baby.

"This works in my favor actually." He hummed, twisting the knife in his hand.

"I thought I would have to kill the kids to get revenge on you for your father, but this is going to do just fine." He said then grabbed me by the neck and lifted me up.

"Please." I begged, kicking my legs in an attempt to get him to let go.

"Shut up. I've given you so many chances, Juliana. So fucking many." He said lowly, tracing the knife lightly on my belly.

"I'm going to cut this baby out of you then leave you to die, just like you left your father." He said then slightly pressed the knife into my belly.

I cried out from the fear then attempted to punch him in the head, which only prompted him to laugh.

"Maybe I was wrong. You're nothing like your father. You're weak and emotional. I thought you would fight harder but here I see you basically giving up." Pops snarled.

"Now say goodnight, Juliana." He said then started to cut into the side of my stomach causing me to scream louder than I ever have before.

Everything faded as panic ensued in my whole body, pain enveloping me.

Before he could do too much damage though, there was a loud pop of a gun going off. It wasn't nearly as loud as the screams I was producing, but it was loud enough to shut me up.

I gasped, watching as the anger in Pops' eyes dimmed to nothing.

His face went pale as the knife dropped from my stomach and his hand dropped from my neck.

As soon as his body fell I could see Colby standing there with a gun in his hand and a look of total hatred and rage on his face.

A/n: if you post an I knew it comment, you're getting blocked (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 5.3K 111
Final book to the heartless series, if you haven't read the last 3 go do that ❤️
12.9K 124 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
42.9K 458 18
writing stories cause why not ☆ i'll only be doing fluff and angst, nothing else!! this will have solby, but its subtle #14 in samandcolby - 7/10/23
611K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!