Auburn RWBY (RWBY x Male OC...

By AzureEclipse09

On hold until Volume 10. Son of Miguel (L/N) and wielder of the Silver Eyes, Azure (L/N) is a young man who d... More

Bio
Meeting the Rose
Shining Beacon
Initiation
A Badge and A Burden
In the Forever Falls
Stray Cat and Lone Wolf
Black and White (Volume 1 Finale)
Best Day Ever
Investigation
Dance Dance Infiltration
Search and Destroy
Breach at Vale (Volume 2 Finale)
Round One, Challengers!
Fall
Battle of Beacon
End of the Beginning (Volume 3 Finale)
The Next Step
Friends and Family
Tipping Point
A Much Needed Talk
No Safe Haven (Volume 4 Finale)
Welcome to Haven
Lighting the Fire
Reunions and Rest
Calm Before the Storm
Battle of Haven (Volume 5 Finale)
Special Chapter: Ruby's Birthday
Argus Limited
Alone in the Woods
A Dead End
The Lady in the Shoe
Our Way (Volume 6 Finale)
Special Chapter: Azure's Book
Team AVRN Volume 7
The Greatest Kingdom
Pomp and Circumstance
A Night Off
Cordially Invited
Out in the Open
The Enemy of Trust (Volume 7 Finale)
Divided Teams
Faults
Our Message
In the Dark
Taking a Risk
The Final Word (Volume 8 Finale)
Strange New World
In the Ever After
Checkmate
The Cat and the Herbalist
Unexpected Arrivals
Confessions
Trouble
Reawakening (Volume 9 Finale)
*Important Discussion*
AVRN Chibi - Azure
AVRN Chibi - Vert
AVRN Chibi - Rosa
AVRN Chibi - Nero
AVRN Chibi - Team AVRN
AVRN Chibi - Extras (Finale)

Brawl in the Family

323 7 3
By AzureEclipse09

Time to get to the next part of this volume. This will shine some light on what's going on in the background, alongside giving us some more matches including Azure and Rosa's match. It's time... to brawl!
————————————
*1st Person POV*

Weiss was currently running towards an airship as me and Ruby followed her.

Ruby: "Weiss! What is the big deal!? Who is it? Who is she!?"

Weiss: (smiles) "Winter."

Azure: "Is she your sister?"

Ruby, Weiss, and I watched as the person called Winter Schnee being escorted by crimson-colored Atlas Soldiers and Atlesian Knight-200's as she exits the airship.

Weiss: "Winter!" The three of us run up to the elder Schnee as she turns to us. "Winter! I'm so happy to see you! Oh..." She suddenly curtsies. "Your presence honors us."

Winter: "Beacon... It's been a long time. The air feels... different."

Ruby: "I mean it is fall, so, eh, it's probably colder." Weiss punches Ruby in the shoulder, causing her to gasp in pain. I help her ease the pain as Weiss turns back to her sibling.

Weiss: "So, what are you doing here?"

Winter: "Classified."

Weiss: "Oh, right. Well, how long are you staying?"

Winter: "Classified."

Weiss: "Of course." Ruby and Azure look around in the sudden silence.

Azure: "Well... this is nice..."

Weiss: (excitedly) "You're going to love it here! I know you travel a lot, but so much of Beacon is different from Atlas! (whispers) Vale, too. (outloud) The government and school are completely separate! Can you believe it!? I-"

Winter: "I'm more than familiar with how this kingdom handles its... bureaucracy. That is not why I came."

Weiss: "Right! I'm sorry!"

Winter: "Nor did I come here to watch my own blood fail so miserably in battle. But it appears that I have no choice in the matter."

Weiss: (puzzled) "But, we won!"

Winter: "Only a novice would refer to that as a victory. I counted at least three strikes missed." She turns to her security. "Leave us." The AK-200s obey, walking two steps backwards into formation as she sighs and smiles a little more warmly at Weiss. "How have you been?"

Weiss: "Oh, splendid! Thank you for asking. I'm actually in the very top ranking of our sparring class! And the rest of my studies are going wonderfully, too! I'm-"

Winter slaps Weiss, leaving a massive bump on her head.

Winter: "Silence, you boob! I don't recall asking about your ranking, I'm asking how you've been. Are you eating properly? Have you taken up any hobbies? Are you making new friends?"

Weiss: "Well, there's Ruby and Azure."

Ruby: (giggles) "Heh, boob." I start ruffling her hair.

Azure: "Never change, Rubes." I stop as Winter approaches us, with Ruby first.

Winter: "I see. So this is the leader you wrote of. How appropriately... underwhelming."

Ruby: "Uh... Thank you!"

Winter: "Greetings, Ruby Rose. I wish to thank you for taking an interest in my sister."

Ruby: "Oh! Uh, yes, of course! The honor is in my... court!" She attempted to salute and curtsy, nearly losing her balance with this gesture, but I help her stay balanced. Winter then looks at me.

Winter: "And you must be... Azure, correct?"

Azure: "Yes, ma'am." I bowed my head at her. "My name is Azure (L/N). A pleasure to meet you."

Winter: "Thank you for also taking an interest in my sister. As a friend, that is."

Azure: "No problem, Winter." I said nonchalantly, but Winter didn't mind it.

Winter: "I have business with the General and your Headmaster. But, seeing as I'm early, why don't you take me to your quarters?"

Weiss: "Really?" She and Winter begin walking towards the Academy, followed by the androids.

Winter: "Yes. I wish to inspect them and make sure that they are up to my personal standards."

Weiss: "Of course. Just so you're aware, the bunk beds only look unstable."

Winter: "Bunk beds?"

Ruby: "I'll catch up- I mean, I will... reconvene with you both... at a later... juncture! At a juncture. Yeah."

Azure: "We can meet up later, Weiss." We both waved our goodbyes at the Schnee sisters.

*3rd Person POV*

Weiss, Winter and the androids were walking towards the courtyard before someone dizzily sneaks up behind the AK-200s and promptly decapitates one, before kicking its head towards the group.

Man: "Hey! Yeah, I'm talking to you, Ice Queen!" He tosses the decapitated machine aside. As one of her automated soldiers advances, rifle raised, Winter makes them stop. Weiss walks up to the man in anger.

Weiss: "Excuse me! Do you have any idea who you are talking to!?"

Man: "Sssshhh. Not you." He pushes her out of his way as he moves forward.

Weiss: "Hey!"

Man: "You." He looked at an irritated Winter. "Saw that gaudy ship of yours in town. I guess you're here, too."

Winter: "I'm standing right before you."

Man: "So it would seem."

Winter: "You realize you just destroyed Atlas Military property."

Man: (sarcastically) "Oh, oh I'm sorry. See, I mistook this for some sort of... sentient garbage."

Winter: "I don't have time for your immature games, Qrow."

Weiss: "Wait, you two know each other?"

Qrow: "Geez, you Atlas Specialists think you're so special, don't you?"

Winter: "It's in the title."

Qrow: "Well, you know what you really are? A bunch of sellouts. Just like your boss."

Winter: "I'm not sure what you think you're implying, but I've heard enough."

Qrow: "Oh I heard, too. I heard ol' Ironwood finally turned his back on Ozpin."

Weiss: "Ozpin?" She gets pushed back by Winter.

Winter: "Weiss, it's time for you to go."

Weiss: "What-"

Qrow: "Listen to big sister, Weiss. She'll protect you. Just like Atlas is going to protect all of us, huh?"

Winter: "If you won't hold your tongue, then I will gladly remove it for you!" She draws her sword at him.

Qrow: "Alright then..." He slicks his hair back. "Come take it."

Winter charges at Qrow, starting a fight.

*1st Person POV*

Ruby and I enter the big crowd next to Weiss as we see Winter and someone fighting, someone who looked familiar to me.

Ruby: "What's going on?!"

Weiss: "Some crazy guy just started attacking my sister!"

Ruby: "Oh no! Who would do such a th- That's my uncle!" I finally recognize who it is.

Azure: "Oh hey, it's Qrow!"

Weiss: "What?!" She yells in surprise at both me and Ruby.

Ruby: (yells loudly) "Kick her butt, Uncle Qrow!"

Weiss: "Uh... Teach him respect, Winter!"

Swords clash and glyphs appear as we all see the continuing fight between Qrow and Winter. I see him put his sword away as he gestures for Winter to attack. Winter propels herself forward, screaming in rage and preparing a thrust towards Qrow, just before a commanding voice is loudly heard in the courtyard, stopping her blade's point mere inches away from Qrow's neck.

Ironwood: "SCHNEE!"

Winter looks behind her to see General Ironwood standing behind her, with Penny behind him.

Winter: "General Ironwood, sir!" She lowered her blade and faced him. He approaches Winter.

Ironwood: "What in the world do you think you're doing?"

Winter: "He started the altercation, sir!"

Qrow: "That's actually not true. She attacked first." He said while having his hands behind his head, relaxed.

Ironwood: "Is that right?" Winter searches for words, only to realize Qrow is right. She looks down in shame. "And you." Qrow points to himself in mock confusion. "What are you doing here?"

Qrow: "I could be asking you the same thing."

Ironwood: "I-"

Ozpin: "Now, now, everyone." Ozpin suddenly appeared in front of us alongside Glynda. "There is a sanctioned fight happening just around the corner at the Colosseum, that I can assure you has better seats... and popcorn."

Glynda: "Break it up, everyone! We will take care of this mess."

Ironwood: "Let's go."

As Ironwood and Winter leave, Penny notices Ruby and I and quietly waves to us, while we wave back. Ruby then leaps giddily onto Qrow's arm, shaking her legs in delight.

Ruby: "Uncle Qrow!!! Hi. It's so good to see you! Did you miss me? Did you miss me!?"

Qrow: "Nope." They share a grin as he pats his niece's head.

Ozpin: "Qrow!" He turns to look at Ozpin as Ruby gets dropped. "A word, please." Glynda then repairs the courtyard using her telekinesis.

Qrow: "I think I'm in trouble." He said to Ruby, discreetly.

Ruby: "You did kinda tear up our courtyard."

Qrow: "Yeah, I did." He winks and gives her a fist bump. "Catch ya later, kid." He then notices me. "Hey there, little bolt."

Azure: "Hey Qrow! It's nice to see you again!" Qrow sees Ozpin and Glynda getting further away from him.

Qrow: "We'll talk later, kid. Gotta go." He smiles at me and walks off to join the adults.

Weiss: "And suddenly, your recklessness makes sense." She says to Ruby.

Ruby: "You're just mad because he whooped butt." She said while nudging Weiss' arm.

Weiss: "That was a draw, at best!"

Ruby's and my grin say otherwise.

*3rd Person POV*

Ironwood is waiting with his arms crossed while Winter is impatiently pacing about in Ozpin's office. Suddenly, a smirking Qrow, accompanied by Glynda and Ozpin, arrive in the elevator.

Winter: "What were you thinking!?"

Ironwood: "If you were one of my men, I would have you shot!"

Qrow: "If I was one of your men, I'd shoot myself."

Glynda: "While I wouldn't condone his behavior, retaliating like you did certainly didn't help the situation."

Winter: "He was drunk!"

Glynda: "He's always drunk!" The four turn to Qrow to see him drinking from a flask. His eyes widen when he notices them staring, and he holds the flask out to the side, looking at it awkwardly before grimacing. Ozpin sighs and sits down.

Ozpin: "Qrow, why are you here?"

Ironwood: "You've been out of contact for weeks! You can't just go dark like that in the field!"

Qrow: "I'm not one of your special operatives, Jimmy!"

Winter: "General."

Qrow: "Whatever. You sent me to get intel on our enemy, and I'm telling you, our enemy is here."

Ironwood: "We know."

Qrow: "Oh! Oh, you know! Well, thank goodness I'm out there risking my life to keep you all informed!"

Ironwood: (exhales) "Qrow-"

Qrow: "Communication's a two-way street, pal. You see this?" He pulls out his scroll and points to it. "That's the SEND button."

Winter: "They had reason to assume you'd been compromised."

Qrow: "And I have reason to assume you don't need to be here. Seriously, who invited her?"

Ironwood: "Schnee, we'll discuss this incident back at my ship."

Winter: (surprised) "But sir!"

Ironwood: "Winter. Leave."

Winter: "Yes sir." She salutes Ironwood, turns on her heel and gives Qrow a dirty look as she leaves via the elevator.

Ironwood: "Go on." He gestures to Qrow.

Qrow: "Your little infiltrator isn't just another pawn. They're the one responsible for Autumn's condition."

Glynda: "What?"

Qrow: "Despite what the world thinks, we're not just teachers, or Generals, or Headmasters. The people in this room, The leaders of the other two academies, we're the ones that keep the world safe from the evils no one even knows about! It's why we meet behind closed doors, why we work in the shadows. So you tell me, James, when you brought your army to Vale, did you think you were being discreet, or did you just not give a damn!?" The two have a stare-off.

Ironwood: "Discreet wasn't working." He places his scroll on Ozpin's desk as the center of the room projects a hologram of Vale, Beacon Academy, the Amity Colosseum and his fleet of Atlesian Airships. "I'm here because this is what was necessary."

Qrow: "You're here because Ozpin wanted you here! He made you a part of this inner circle and opened your eyes to the real fight that's in front of us!"

Ironwood: "And I am grateful."

Qrow: "Oh, well, you've got a real funny way of showing it."

Ironwood: "The people of Vale needed someone to protect them; someone who would act. When they look to the sky and see my fleet, they feel safe, and our enemies will feel our strength."

Qrow: (laughing) "You... You think they're scared of your little ships? I've been out there and I've seen the things she's made, and let me tell you - they are fear."

Ozpin: "And fear will bring the Grimm. A guardian is a symbol of comfort. But an army is a symbol of conflict. There's an energy in the air now, a question in the back of everyone's minds..." He then gestures to the display. "If this is the size of our defenses, then what is it we're expecting to fight?"

Ironwood glares at them before sighing and walking forward, picking up his scroll.

Ironwood: "So then, what would you suggest we do?"

Ozpin: "I suggest we find our guardian."

*The next day...*

Amity Colosseum is still floating high amid the cheers of an excited audience as the two opposing pairs of partners for the match wait in the center of the stadium for the holographic roulette to pick the field. Blake, Ruby, and Azure are the only ones that showed up to watch this match. The others had other plans.

Port: "Emerald and Mercury of Haven, versus Coco and Yatsuhashi of Beacon!"

Velvet: "Good luck, you two!"

The Colosseum chooses four fields to rise up from below in quarter sections: A patch of tall grassy plains which has a single tree and some rocks; the ruins of a city, complete with buildings holding shattered windows and rubble among the pavement; a hot spring containing geyser spots along a small river and some blue Dust crystal growths; and a familiar section of dense forest.

Coco: "Hey! Love the outfit, kid!"

Emerald: "I'll try not to get blood on it."

Yatsuhashi: "I can't promise you'll leave without a scratch."

Emerald: "I won't be the one bleeding."

Coco: "Ooh, I like her!"

Port: "Three, two, one, begin!"

Instead of charging forward, Mercury and Emerald slowly walk back into the tall grass and disappear behind the leaves. Coco and Yatsuhashi smile at each other before the leader pops out her gatling gun and begins mowing down the field. Coco lets up as she and Yatsuhashi realize the two opponents aren't in the plains section anymore.

Coco: "Huh?" The others in the stands look in shock to see Mercury up in the air.

Blake: "Look out!"

Mercury drops from the sky, aiming for Coco, but Yatsuhashi pushes her out of the way and blocks his foot with his blade, pushing him back. Coco opens fire at him again, though Mercury is able to outrun each shot.

Mercury reaches the two and kicks away Coco's weapon while dodging Yatsuhashi's blade, then delivering a double blow to the giant warrior before jumping over Coco's continued barrage of bullets. He lands on the barrels and kicks her in the face, leaping over another of Yatsuhashi's swings, only to let himself be hit so he can get behind Coco and force her to press the muzzle up to her own teammate. Coco compresses her weapon back into its handbag form and tries to hit Mercury with Yatsuhashi, but he deftly jumps back and launches two blasts from his boots that they deflect.

Coco is unfazed by the shot, but looks surprised at the dozens of them now spiraling around the handstand-spinning Mercury until he sends all of them at his enemies, a barrage of light and smoke surrounding them that provides the perfect cover for Mercury to appear behind the two. He grabs the both of them by their arms and delivers a flurry of kicks that knocks them back, looking back as a chain comes out from the forest trees to wrap around Coco and pulls her back.

Yatsuhashi: "Coco!"

Despite his cry, Coco disappears into the trees, and he has to endure a blow from Mercury before being able to grab and throw him into the hot spring area. He jumps high in the air as Mercury's still sliding back, but his blade only comes down on his opponent's boots, the shockwave from this clash causing the water to fly back, the earth to crack underneath, and multiple geysers to form around them. Mercury fires his boots and gets out of the hold, aiming a swipe at Yatsuhashi's feet that misses, then ducking around each of his sword's swings.

One of his kicks loosens some stones from the ground, which Mercury kicks into Yatsuhashi who quickly recovers and attempts to retaliate. Mercury easily counters him and fires a couple of shots. Despite trying to block them, Yatsuhashi is forced back, giving Mercury an opening to kick him to the ground. This leaves his head in a small super-heated geyser, that erupts causing him to scream in pain as he frantically gets up, opening his eyes just in time to see Mercury coming at him.

Port: "Oh, and with that final blow, Yatsuhashi is eliminated!"

Coco is then seen flying out of the forest, landing all the way in the center of the stadium next to Yatsuhashi, also knocked unconscious. Emerald swings her sickles by their chains as Mercury looks over their defeated opponents.

Oobleck: "And with an amazing upset, Emerald and Mercury are victorious!"

Velvet looked sad at her teammates losing her match as Fox comforts her.

*Timeskip*
*1st Person POV*

Ruby: "You'll never beat me, old man!"

Qrow: "You're nothing but talk, kid!"

Yang: "You can do it, Ruby!"

Azure: "You got this, Rubes!"

The four of us were in team RWBY's dorm room, and the screen of the video game Ruby and Qrow are playing is shown just as one of the pixelated ninjas decapitates the other, with the announcer saying "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!" Qrow grins at his victory as Ruby lowers her head in shame.

Yang: (whispering) "Ouch."

Qrow: "And by the way, don't ever call me old."

Yang pushes Ruby out of her spot as she grabs the spinning controller from the air.

Yang: "My turn!" The game begins again with "NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES!".

Qrow: "Now, where was I?"

Ruby: "You were telling us about your last mission!"

Qrow: "Right, right... I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right."

Ruby: "What were you doing there?"

Qrow: "I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less-than reputable people for less-than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened."

Yang: "What happened?"

Qrow: "I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the innkeeper's skirt length!" He grinned at the last part.

I heard that and facepalmed myself in disappointment.

Azure: "Qrow... why?"

Qrow was interrupted by a thrown dog-head pillow, which Qrow deftly catches much to Yang's ire, which is not helped by the game announcer calling out once more "SOARING NINJA WINS! TOTAL ANNIHILATION!".

Yang: "You are the worst!" He and Ruby laugh at Yang's anger.

Qrow: "Hey kid." He looked at me. "Wanna have a match?"

Azure: "Oh, you're on!" I grab the controller Yang had and sat down next to Qrow.

Ruby: "So, Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?"

Qrow: "Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool."

Yang: (scoffing) "Cool for an old guy."

Qrow: "Not funny."

Ruby: "So, what are you doing here anyway? I thought Dad said that you would be on a mission, for like... ever." He gets focused on the game as our match began.

Qrow: "Well, a professional Huntsman like myself is expected to get results, as soon as possible."

Ruby: "Yeeeeaaaah, I get that." She laughs. "We're pretty much pros, too."

Qrow: "Oh, really?"

Yang: "Psch, yeah! Read the news sometime. We totally saved Vale while you were gone."

Qrow: "Funny, because I heard Vale suffered a Grimm attack after you almost managed to stop a train. But they don't give out medals for almost." He said, rubbing it in Ruby's face. Our match ended with him winning again. I was close to winning!

Ruby: (resolutely) "They do, and it's called silver!"

Azure: "Well, we did help take down Roman Torchwick!"

Yang: "Yeah! He's locked up in Ironwood's ship and crime's been down ever since! That's basically a bounty mission!"

Qrow: "Sure, you may be acting like Huntresses and Huntsmen, but you're not thinking like one. You really think four girls, one guy and their friends could end all crime in a Kingdom?" Ruby tapped her fingers together in embarrassment.

Ruby: "I mean, I did until you said that..."

Qrow: "Violence hasn't dropped since Roman got nabbed; it's stopped, completely. No White Fang activity anywhere around the city. You cut off the head of the King Taijitu, but now the second head's calling the shots. That's what Ironwood can't get through that thick metal head of his."

Azure/Ruby: "General Ironwood?"

Yang: "You... know the General?"

Qrow: "Hey, I know everybody to some extent. Remember, you're talking to a member of the coolest team that graduated Beacon!" He reaches behind him into one of his pockets and pulls out a photo lined with stains and age of four figures as Yang's eyes widen and he sighs in remembrance. "Hah, Team STRQ... That's where I met your parents. And it's also where I met Azure's parents." I was shocked and surprised to hear that.

Azure: "Wait! You knew my parents?!"

Qrow: "Of course, bolt. I knew your father Miguel and your mother Sapphire. Remember, we were pretty well known back in the day."

Ruby: "Well known for crummy fashion sense!"

Qrow: "Hey, we looked good! And I have a number of inappropriate stories to back that up! But, I'll save those for when you're older."

Ruby: "Oh, gross!"

Azure: "Nope!"

Qrow: "Anyways, I'm too old to be hanging out with a bunch of kids. You're gonna cramp my style." He sighs. "Look, just remember that you've still got a long way to go... And don't think for a second that graduating means you're done. Every day out there is worth a week in this place. You three, you're gonna go far. But only if you keep learning; if you never stop moving forward." He begins to walk away until he turned to look at me. "Oh, and kid, I'm okay with you and Ruby being together. Just make sure to keep her safe. See ya."

With these immortal words of wisdom and his accepting of me and Ruby's relationship, Qrow exits down the hall. I looked at the time to see it was almost time for me and Rosa to have our duos match.

Azure: "Well, I gotta go! My match is in 15 minutes! Wish me luck, you two!"

Yang: "Shock 'em good, Azure!" Ruby ran up to me and kissed my cheek. We both blushed at this.

Ruby: "I'll be cheering for you." I leaned down to kiss her, failing to notice a blondie taking a silent photo of us. We separated after a few seconds and Ruby kept blushing, but smiled as I smiled back and left.

I made it to the arena alongside Rosa and we were standing across a guy in green clothes and a girl in a light gray dress. I looked up and saw Nero and Vert alongside Team RWBY and JNPR in the audience, cheering for us.

Port: "Azure and Rosa of Beacon, versus Rain and Slate of Haven." The stadium was then divided into four areas: a murky swamp area, a volcanic area, a crashed airship area, and a charred forest area.

Ruby: "You can do it, Azure!" I heard my Rose shouting and I looked directly at her and waved.

Nora: "Rosa, break their legs!" Rosa looked at Nora and gave a thumbs up.

Slate: "Wow, you got some girls cheering you two up." The light gray dress girl said.

Azure: "Thank you. One of them is my girlfriend." I grabbed the handle of Blue Flash.

Rain: "I hope you're prepared to lose in front of her." The green clothes guy crouched down a bit.

Rosa: "He won't lose. Because he's got me!" She pulled out her battle axe from her hip.

Oobleck: "Three, two, one... Begin!"

Slate and I run at each other, her daggers and my sword ready, with Rosa following after, lighting her axe blade on fire. Rain stood still, and as we got closer to each other, he pointed his rapier at Rosa and I and we got pelted by raindrops. This extinguishes Rosa's fire and pushes me back a few feet.

Rain: "Water versus fire and electricity. This might be an easy victory after all."

I see Slate in the air and I roll out of her way. She strikes the ground and charges at me. We made our way to the swamp area and our blades clash. With my right side exposed, she uses her left dagger to lunge at my side, but Rosa comes in and blocks it, swiping her dagger away. Rain's pellets miss me by an inch as Rain himself pointed at me with his weapon. I ran straight towards him, dodging his Semblance as I finally got up close to him. We clash and he backs me up until we get to the crashed airship area.

There were broken electronics, wires strewn about, and a destroyed airship in the middle of a muddy landscape. I jump back and land on an exposed electronic box. Rain fires his water Semblance at the box underneath my feet, and it starts to spark until it exploded, sending me flying to the opposite side of the airship and taking off some of my Aura. I get up and take notice of the electronic boxes circling the airship as well as the long wires coming from the airship to the mud around it. I get an idea as soon as Rain leapt to the top of the airship. I ducked and decided to play it stealthily.

He uses his Semblance to fire rain pellets at the box next to me and it exploded. I rolled over to the next box while he was distracted. Rain used more water to explode the next box, which is where I was previously. It exploded and I went to the next box. As this chain continued, he started getting annoyed and started using more water to hopefully wash me out from my hiding spot. This only caused the area to get more wet and created small ponds of water everywhere. When the last box exploded, the area was covered in smoke and I took this opportunity to jump up into the air. I got myself ready and prepared to kick Rain down. He looked around in confusion until I drop kicked him from the roof and into the muddy, wet ground.

He got his clothes wet and looked up at me. He prepared his Semblance, but I threw my charged sword at the ground, sending lighting into the water, electrocuting him. I jumped down and grabbed my sword, which turned into its railgun mode. I charged it up and blasted him back, knocking down a lot of his Aura and sending him to the middle, where I saw a flying Slate crash down as well.

During that time, Rosa was leading her opponent to the charred forest area. The dead trees and the small fires on the ground were present in this area. Rosa slid across the ground, kicking up dust in the air as she turned back around to face Slate. The two started each other down until Rosa charged straight at Slate, but a wall of dust shields her from Rosa's swing. Rosa swings some more, but it gets blocked as a dagger slices through the dust wall and slashes Rosa, depleting some of her Aura. Slate uses her Semblance and turns the dust wall into dust spears and launches them at Rosa, but she sees this and shoots them down with her axe-turned-shotgun.

Rosa starts advancing towards Slate, but the dust kept coming to attack her. She simply fires her shotgun forward, destroying the dust projectiles in her way. Rosa finally gets close to Slate, who swings both daggers at Rosa, but she ducks down and shoots Slate upwards with her flame-enhanced shotgun, causing an explosion that takes off a lot of Slate's Aura and sending her to the middle of the arena, next to an electrocuted, but conscious Rain.

Port: "Ooh. That was close. Both of their Auras are almost at the red. How will they get out of this situation?"

I blitz over next to Rosa. Our two opponents weakly get up and activate their Semblances, getting ready to finish things before their Auras deplete. I turn my sword back to normal, readying myself as me and Rosa also activate our Semblances. Nero and Vert notice this.

Vert: "Are they planning to-"

Nero: "Yep."

Rosa: "Azure! Let's use our combo move!"

Azure: "You got it, Rosa! Overload!"

The two of us rush at our foes. We see them unleash a wave of dust and rain at us. We jump over the wave and rain, and we strike their weapons away. With my sword electrified and Rosa's axe blazing, we immediately swung at them in perfect synchronization. In a panic, they created a wall of wet dust to shield themselves, but we slice through the wall and land a combined hit on both Slate and Rain. This caused an explosion that sends them flying away and taking off their remaining Auras.

Oobleck: "And with that, Azure and Rosa win the match!" The crowd cheered for us, and I could hear Team RWBY, Team JNPR and our team cheering as well. We put away our weapons and waved at our friends. We them walked up to Rain and Slate and helped them back up on their feet.

Azure: "That was a great match!"

Rain: "Your coordination bested the two of us."

Slate: "You did well. Let's fight again soon."

Rosa: "You bet I want to fight you again! See ya later!"

We all left the arena, and it was soon time for the next match. Ruby hugged me and she was so proud of me winning. I spun her around and placed her down, hugging her back. We went back to the seats to see who's next.

*3rd Person POV*

Amity Colosseum's mountain biome is being bombarded by several explosions all around the area. Russel Thrush is running from the mayhem before spinning around, ready to face his opponents, who turns out to be Penny and her beret-wearing teammate. With an ever-present smile and simple arm movements, she summons six floating swords from her backpack and rears them back before launching them in a ring at Russel, who barely manages to duck behind a rock to protect himself.

Wasting no time, Penny does the same thing with another group of blades, homing in on the other CRDL teammate Sky Lark until he uses Feather's Edge to vault over another stone for defense. The two exchange a worried look at the sight of their rocks still pierced with multiple blades, and Penny grins in combat-ready fierceness as she looks to her partner, who simply taps her watch as if hurrying Penny up. Wasting no time, Penny raises her hands like a puppetmaster and uses the near-invisible strings attached to each hilt to lift the giant rocks up in the air, with the screaming Russel and Sky still hanging on. Bringing her arms down to her sides, the stones come crashing to the ground as well, leaving Penny's opponents in the grass. Her swords come back to her pack as the buzzer rings

Oobleck: "And victory goes to Penny and Ciel of Atlas!" Penny bows in respect to her foes, smiling.

Penny: "Thank you for a wonderful time."

The two victors turn to leave the stadium as Russel feebly reaches out, only to get hit in the head by an errant stone.

Watching from the stands, Ruby and Azure see them start to walk away and they gets up from their seats to meet them at one of the exits.

Ruby: "Penny!"

Azure: "Hey wait up!"

Penny: "Ruby! Azure!" She tackles her friends into a hug that leaves them on the ground.

Ruby: (groans) "Why..." Penny gets up energetically and gestures to her teammate.

Penny: "Ruby, Azure, this is my teammate."

Ciel: "Ciel Soleil." She bows formally.

Ruby: "Hi! I'm Ru-"

Ciel: "Ruby Rose. 15. Hails from Patch. Leader of Team RWBY. Status: Questionable." Ciel then looks at Azure.

Ciel: "Azure (L/N). 16. Hails from Vale. Leader of Team AVRN. Status: Acceptable."

Azure: (awkwardly) "Okay then..."

Ruby: "Sooo... Penny! You two were incredible out there. How do you keep control of all those swords? It's so cool!"

Ciel: "Penny? I believe it is best if we move on to our next location."

Penny: "Could we have just a minute to talk?"

In response, Ciel checks the time, then takes a step back and nods, starting the countdown.

Azure: "So, is she your friend or..."

Penny: "Well, in a way. She's like Blake, but if Blake was ordered to spend time with you."

Ruby: "Oh. So, Weiss."

Penny: "Precisely."

Ruby: (lowering her voice) "Does she know about... y'know... beep boop bop, does not compute?"

Penny: "Oh no. General Ironwood doesn't really want anyone to know. There was an incident with a magnet, but I was able to play it off."

The story she tells causes Ruby and Penny to laugh for several seconds. Azure chuckles at the story. Penny smiles, but then gets serious.

Penny: "There's something I've been wanting to talk to you two about." She glances over at Ciel before leaning in and whispering to both Ruby and Azure. "I want to stay at Beacon."

This surprises both Ruby and Azure.

Azure: "Penny, you know they'll never let you do that."

Penny frowns, but then grins with mischief.

Penny: "I know, but I have a plan."

Before she could say more, Ciel walks up to Penny.

Ciel: "It's been precisely one minute, ma'am."

Penny: "I'll talk to you more soon, Ruby, Azure."

The two Atlesians leave, but Penny turns to give a wave of farewell to Ruby and Azure, who do the same.
——————————————————————
How was the original fight involving Azure and Rosa? Was it also good enough? Let me know in the comments. Next up is a funky fight and the start of the finals. We are getting to the middle of things. Catch you all later!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 163 16
Torchwick is finally behind bars and the White Fang have been quiet for weeks, leaving RWBY and the other teams of Beacon to look forward to the Vyta...
5.8K 245 13
Always living on the streets and willing to do anything to survive, Y/N roamed the streets of Mistral, robbing from the rich in order to provide a wa...
8.3K 174 52
It's a new year at Beacon Academy and that means new students. Ace Dodger is one of those new students. Despite having lost both of his parents 6 yea...
165K 1.9K 20
A "RWBY" - male reader insert Yang Xiao Long x Male Reader What happens when a kid on the street is randomly invited to attend one of the world's mos...