Eternal Dream Hunts

By kerawinter11

Dream hunters, those unlucky lucid dreamers who unravel mysteries by experiencing nightmares firsthand, had a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Photographs
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Five

5 1 0
By kerawinter11

Cursed Rivalry 

She killed her collogues! No! that can't be! said Keral thinking how she said no one dies under her but then again, he looked at his bloody memories and thought 'No one can guarantee living either.' 

I don't know what had happened by the site but surely it cost the division many things. Karl is with Glance and Jack with Kera, what a twisted rivalry. Karl and Kera were more of collogues, they were brother and sister and yet look at it now! a broken family! said Aislin and added looking at Keral 'You should ask her what happened! she will tell you! 

What makes you say that?

Because you are her Saviour from walking life! Also, someone who could fight against Glance! 

I can't understand why everyone thinks I can fight against him or I'm the Saviour because look at me! I don't know anything! I can't even save myself! 

Keral! things take time and so does the knowledge come by when needed!

Aislin! said Kera coming out from the shower; drying her hairs. She looked at Keral who was looking at her blood clothes lying by the floor. Your room stinks old man! she said

I will take it as Thank you! 

Who think thing planted this attack? asked Aislin

Through the vision! It was Karl. The attack was made for Keral though!

If it was for this boy! how did you guys got hurt like that? asked Aislin pointing over the knife scratches all over Kera's and Jack's body. Aislin was surprised and so does Kera herself thinking why would Karl try to kill them? 

Aislin! we are not in our old relationships now. It hurts thinking but that's how it is now. We want to hurt each other to slow down each other and gain' one's power all alone said Kera treating Jack's wound. Jack was awake then as his wound started to hurt and saw Kera applying ointment.  

Your hands! said Jack 

I'm fine! Let's take rest and then go back for the hunt!

Everyone stayed in but at mid night Jack came asking for Kera who was trying to sleep beside Keral on the floor. Kera! we have a visitor! said Jack and Keral too heard it, but he stayed low. 

Sire Nolan! What's bring you here! asked Kera and looked behind him; people standing with pistol in their hands. 

Oh! are we under arrest! laughed Kera 

No! It's just I want you guys to back off from the mission. We have things under control now! 

Why is that? whom have you got now? asked Jack knowing Nolan was the client whom they have been working for years now. Nolan was the one who proposed the investigation of deaths of Alchemist and the site before it as burned. He doesn't know that we know the truth of him being the culprit of the burnt house and dead of test subjects. 

I have heard Karl is not working with you and Glance had died months ago now. You didn't get the two pieces and hunting for the third one in line of your life! You should back off! I will do the job with my people who aren't dream hunters yet capable of finishing the job! taunted Nolan. 

It's weird thinking your people couldn't kill us! said Kera and Jack chuckled, Oh! Nolan! you thought we wouldn't' know? that you were the one who planted this attack!  Nolan was surprised but had to keep it cool. Your division detective Karl is working with us, and he told me to shoot you guys dead. 

What? said Kera caught in Surprise. She started to think why her brother would want to kill her. Even though they aren't blood related, but their caring has always been like a real brother sister. 

You know Kera! what your weakness is! Your people! you chose not to go against them! Look now! I advise you to back off because now KARL IS WORKING, and you know how he works! said Nolan going back because he didn't want to waste his time with the failed ones. 

Karl is still working for client even after knowing the truth of his doing! said Keral to Jack as everyone was back in. Karl surely has a plan, Jack! you know it right! said Kera with a really low voice as if she is still not over the fact that her collogue wanted to kill her even though her relationship was more than of it. 

Karl is not working for him! he is just trying to get his path easy with Nolan on his tips! 

Then why he wants you to back off? asked Keral

Karl is someone who will get the greatest of power by manipulating people and getting them against or killing each other with no blood on his shirt. He wants that power to give it to Glance and then Glance will kill most of the dream hunter across the world including me! said Kera and started to think 'Just what you want from the power serum, Glance?' 

Where is Glance? 

We will meet him after one week again when we would be back to our town! said Kera and took her blanket out to sleep. No lucid dreaming today she said, taking no supplement. 

Jack? Does Glance want to kill her? 

Everyone wants to kill each other to get the power serum with no obstacle. We have been working in this pattern for years! to kill your opponent or rival because after all power can't be shared. Only one is a true holder. Karl knows it that Glance is more capable than Kera to handle such power because he doesn't think much of world but Kera, her weakness is her people like me, Karl and soo many. 

Karl knows Kera will back off because if Karl tangled himself with Nolan and once Karl solves everything, he will be killed by Nolan but if he solves everything and get to Glance, we would be saved. If Kera sets up and lags the time of Karl's mission, then he would be killed for not solving it. 

Karl is smart! said Keral thinking how he tangled himself in such way where he would be killed because of involvement of Kera. Only Glance can save Karl hence he is sticking to someone who is strong but why do I think Kera is stronger! 

Now let's see what KERA WILL DO!

Next morning when Aislin came with his Ginger tea and saw the Kera looking horrify at the mirror, he quietly put the tea and moved back calling Jack to wake her up from her senses. 

Ker? said Jack and saw how terrifying she is looking at herself as if she is irritated and in anger of the situation. 

Jack! 

Yes?

We will continue to hunt! 

What?? but what about ---

I don't care! I know how he thinks more than anyone! and he too know how I thinks. He knew I would back off thinking to save him but no not anymore! I will play the reverse of the role he thinks of me!

Kera are you sure? asked Jack but as he saw in eyes of Kera, he knew she really not in impression to care about the situation. Let me tell Karl that he is not the only JOKER!

Keral! wake up said Kera as she walked into the living room of Aislin where she saw Keral changing. She froze as she saw Keral's arm. 

I'm already awake! 

AH-UM-YEAH! 

Are you alright? 

She nodded and looked at Jack. Jack was already laughing because he knows Kera's weakness is not only her people but guy's arms too. Don't cheat on Glance, Ker! 

Shut up! it's only about arms! 

What you are chuckling about asked Keral to everyone but they both looked away. Jack then informed Keral about the hunt to be continued and Keral was surprised. He simply nodded and packed his bag which Kera found weird, but she knew he doesn't see her as he used to. Now she is just a selfish monster to him, and it didn't bother her because she didn't had time to prove someone nor someone to add on her list to her weakness. 

Jack and Kera walked down to an enormous mansion and looked at the security. Woah! this is the third alchemist house. Man! I should have studied too! said Jack adding he also had served in wars and looked at Kera who was already gone. 

Jack and Kera got back of the mansion and looked at the window. You know what to do right? asked Jack to Kera. Kera smiled at Jack, and they got separated. Kera dressed herself in a black attire that women's wear when their husband dies. She was distracting the people in front while Jack was rolling his sleeves in his dashing way because he thinks he is cool but at the end he was a robber to the mission. 

My husband was a good friend to Mr. Morris, I have a message to give it to him personally said Kera whose face was all covered. May I know your name Lady! asked the person by the security. 

My name is not something to know! Just tell him it's a message from Glance Autumn! 

Glance Autumn!! everyone started to whisper which made Kera confused. Why are they taking so long and so surprised by name. Karl had also come said the guard who was escorting Kera. She was surprised and was hoping she doesn't meet Karl or whole plan would be destroyed because Karl holds more power. Oh! Jack! please do you job!! prayed Kera inside. 

Jack who had broken into the room was searching for books and paper. His room is full of antiques thought Jack and knew it's hidden in one of them. Jack found a box which was a puzzle, and he knew that box was the part where he would find the piece.

 He took the box and started to observe it when he suddenly heard footsteps.

Oh shit! he said and started to panic to hide. HAHA! Karl such an impressive soul you are! said Morris. 

I know that Mr. Morris! so here is the book, the one everyone is searching for! said Karl 

What will you do with the book when you don't even have the pieces!

I will get them easily Mr. Morris! why don't you open the book! he said but didn't gave the book which Morris found weird. 

I want the piece first! Karl proposed and Morris was shocked. He smiled saying I knew you were more than of someone visiting an old alchemist in name of Glance Autumn, poor kid! don't know what happened to him. You don't?! said Karl with such a face which made Morris to sweat. 

Karl pointed the gun immediately and ordered Morris to give him the piece. I have nothing to fight for now! no need of gun, take it! said Morris but as he searched for the box, he couldn't find it and it was the moment Jack knew that he messed it up. 

A guard came saying a widow wants to meet Morris. Call her in said Karl instead of Alchemist. Oh yes! I'm not only one who messed up the plan thought Jack and was waiting for Kera's signal. 

Who are you lady? asked Karl 

Your sister! 

Kera put away the veil and Karl was in deep thoughts and irritated he said'I thought you would walk away from this mess.'

'Karl! you always get me wrong!' 

Karl pointed the gun to Kera; his cold stares made Kera weak, but she knew it's not the time to process the feelings. Karl! I don't know if you are willing to pull the trigger but if you are known that I'm the only person who have been reading wrong all this time! taunted Karl because she had known Karl has great sense of himself and Kera had great sense to walk over his pride. 

As Jack heard the trigger was on Kera, he immediately stood up aiming at Karl's hand he threw the box though Karl started to bleed through his head. No personal feelings! said Jack and backed up Kera. The Alchemist screamed oh! that's the box piece is in!!!

Karl and Kera both jumped onto the table other's side to get the box. When they hit the floor, Karl immediately pointed the gun when Kera kicked his hands to throw the gun away. Must have learned from Ruby! said Karl and started to fight. The fight was so intense that Jack couldn't step in and started to follow the Alchemist who was running away with the book. Jack followed downstairs and saw the guards saving him. 

'Don't dare to open the book! You will die!' 

Don't forget there are pieces which I have wrote for the serum! How can a book kill someone? laughed the alchemist and opened the book. His eyes were wide open, and Jack couldn't help but only to stand there when the alchemist looked at him saying 'OH!'.

The book fell on the ground as it slipped through the Alchemist hands because now, he has gone all crazy. DON'T DON'T! he started to scream inside the circle the guards had made. The alchemist clenched his shirt near his heart because of some kind of agony in his body. Everyone was in chaos for what they had been witnessing and was no help because the alchemist started to run out of the house. Everyone followed up and saw Alchemist lying down on ground dead.

The guards immediately pointed the gun to Jack when suddenly by the stairs Karl and Kera were having the sword fight. Karl had the box in his hand and on his face, it was all written 'I won't let you have it.' 

'You are not fighting to the fullest!' said Karl 

'What makes you say that!!! said Kera and Karl kicked her on the stomach. You are holding back way too much Kera! said Karl while Kera fell down the stairs. Karl immediately started to solve the puzzle but in the middle of it he couldn't understand the piece. Jack had held Kera when she told him to get the box. 

Jack punched Karl as he ran towards him which made Karl to lose his grip. Karl was lying on the ground when Jack turned smiling 'You might be the brain but I'm the sly fox' he said as he solved the puzzle. 

Karl! I'm from the Royale family not peasants! 

Jack put back the piece of paper he had found in the box and handed over another play box he had found by the Alchemist's lair. Practice it maybe next time you would be fast! said Jack stepping on Karl's pride. 

Kera was bleeding through her head, it was not a deep wound, but she was not in her senses for few moments. Jack got Kera and Karl ran over to get the book away from them, as he was going away Kera called him, and so he stopped.

Karl!!!  It was good to see you! 

SAME HERE! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 1.2K 45
♌-- Book III of the Astral Guardians Series --♈ To fulfill his late mother's dream has always been En's aim in life. Even though he's not sure he wil...
22.2K 4.7K 29
Kristy's life is far from normal. She has been seeing weird dreams since she was seven years old but never thought they could be anything more. When...
19.4K 870 25
There's a mystery guy named Brandon but also known as "Murky". He's silent to most and very unapproachable at his new school. When he's out of school...
126 2 8
Lucid dreaming, a concept everyone is familiar with, yet they don't know what actual power it holds. People know flying and what not but not all know...