Scamander Child | Harry Potte...

By cupids_quill003

•When the CHOSEN ONE chose you• "Tristan's eyes flicked down to Harry's lips. He wanted to lean in and kiss h... More

Introduction
Scamander Child
Back To Hogwarts
Hello Buckbeak
Boggarts
The Kiss
Page 394
Quidditch
Old Friends
Christmas
Patronus Charm
Goodbye Buckbeak
The Traitor
World Cup
Triwizard Tournament
Hogwarts Champion(s)
Jealousy
A Break
First Task
Date
Truth Comes Out

Write To Me

1.3K 63 16
By cupids_quill003

Hardly an hour has passed, Sirius thought, since Buckbeak flew down next to beautiful summer house ; with hills and woods sorrounding it.

“ALDERIDGE”

The sign had read. Sirius immediately realized the house belonged to Jazebal. Perhaps Tristan had asked Buckbeak to take him there. He'd opened the door with key he found inside the small cactus pot in the front  porch. Then as soon as he settled down on the sofa, he'd fallen asleep.

Some feint noises from the front door woke him up. He felt very disoriented after his, what he though was an hour long nap. The door opened and Sirius jumped up, expecting  a full brood of Aurors with their wands at the ready, to take him away and throw him to the dementors.

His fear was replaced with relief, and even ecstasy, within a second. Jazebal Scamander stood at the door, eyes slight wide, a smiled waiting to break out in her face. Sirius was too stunned to speak or move. Jazavel moved swiftly across the room, threw her arms over his shoulders and pulled into an embrace. Scarcely cared about his rags and dust.

“You kept your promise...” she breathed “you came back.”

“How could I not?”

They pulled away. Sirius saw the tears glistening at the corners of her eyes, he lifted his hand to wipe them away. Jazebal twisted away from him, wiping her eyes and suddenly conscious of herself.

“I have Brough you some clothes, and some other essentials.” She said picked up the backpack hsed dropped on the floor.

“You should take a bath, I'll cook something.” She proceeded to walk into another room.

While Sirius bathed, Jazebal prepared their meal. He'd been wrong, he was asleep for more than 12 hours. Tristan had owled Jazebal that he was senting Buckbeak and Sirius to their old summer home.

He had almost dozed off again in the bathtub, but the small rattles from the kitchen prevented it. It was calming, in a way.

Sirius was half asleep, not dreaming yet dreaming, he was recollecting the past.

Twelve years ago...

Fifteen years ago...

Nineteen years ago...

No the first time he saw her was nearly twenty-two years ago. They were around nine years old them. It was a hight class, aristocrat party.

“This is our only daughter, Jazebal Aldereidge.”

The Aldereidges were wealthy, pure blood wizards, who showoffed their daughter as if she were a trophy.

Sirius watched her the whole night, in her elegant little gown, lips drawn in a thin line, pale face and deep blue eyes that could cut through ice. She was serious looking, not shy but reserved, never smiled. They'd met again and again, though Jazebal never spared him as much as a glance. She went wherever her parents took her, stood still like a wax doll, a trophy.

Sirius turned Eleven, he was going to Hogwarts, getting away from his parents. On the train, he made a new friend, James Potter, funny and brave. He met two other boys, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, they'd be friends one day, he'd thought. Just as he had walked through the gates if Hogwarts, he heard a laugh. Sirius almost broke his neck turning around to see whose laugh it was, it was her, his Jazebal, laughing at something her Ginger friend had said.

That was the first time he saw her smile.

The sorting hat sorted them into Gryffindor, afterwards they went to the great hall for dinner, through it all Sirius was thinking of that laugh, what he'd give to hear that laugh again.

Then an year went by. Effort after effort, trying to be the reason she laughed. Second year, he did get to be part of the reasons she laughed. Third year, they all laughed together, and just the two of them. Fourth year, he was the only reason she laughed, her only happiness. That's also when they fell in love, it was beautiful and painful, unlike anything he'd felt before.

When fifth year came, they'd started planning a future together, she laughed a lot and cried a lot. Come sixth year, she laughed a lot less and cried a lot more, he'd been a coward and pushed her away. Away and into someone else's arms.

Sirius never heard Jazebal laugh again, even if she did, he wasn't the reason anymore. He was never ever going to be again. That's when Lucien came into her life, a gentleman, far more deserving that Sirius. He started to make her smile again.

Lucien always loved her from afar, but never tried come between the lovers. Then he became Jazebal's refuge, a steady shoulder to lean on. So they fell in love and Sirius watched. But he never held a grudge against the Scamander.

Soon the Wizarding war flared up. And everything went to hell. Harry and Tristan were born, and the tragedy struck James and lily were killed. Sirius was thrown into Azkaban, where he dreamed of that laughter, a price memory that even the dementors couldn't tear away from him.

“I've left your clothes here.” Sirius heard Jazebal say, outside the bathroom.

Once he'd dressed, he came into the living room, which led to the the kuchen. Jazebal was shuffling away in there. She turned around and saw him, then paused as if caught off guard.

“You look...much better.” She shook her head and turned around, quickly hiding her face from him.

“Sit down. You must be starving, I've made breakfast.”

Sirius took a seat and laughed lowly.

“You can cook now?” He raised a quizzical brow.

Jazebal turned around with an unimpressed smile.

“I can. Now don't be mean to me or I'll poison you.”

She got into setting the table.

“That won't be necessary. I'm sure your cooking is enough.”
Sirius laughed again.

Jazebal scoffed.

“Keep it up and I'm turning you in.” She warned.

Sirius held his hand up in surrender. They ate in silence for a few moments. Then Sirius laughed.

“What?” Jazebal looked up from her plate.

“Your cooking has certainly improved from the time you almost burnt down the Potter's kitchen.”
Sirius took a sip of his water.

Jazebal laughed too.

“Yeah, James never let me forget it, ever.”

They both paused, it was the first time James's name come up in their conversation. It also came with a bitter truth that whatever they did to rebuild everything, nothing would ever be the same.

Jazebal sighed, blinking rapidly to keep herself from tearing up. He kept her head low, pushing her food around in her plate.

“I've got you something.” Jazebal said, breaking the silence once more.

One they had finished eating, Jazebal went to the living room and took a wand out of her bag.

“This used to be Lucien's, he didn't want it to be buried with him. You can keep it until we find a way to get you a new one from Olivander.”

Sirius outstretched his hand. Jazebal gave the wand to him and quickly distracted herself with other things in her bag.

“Be careful not to use any powerful spells. The ministry is still looking for you.”

“How did you know I was here?” Sirius asked settling on the couch.

“Tristan owled me. It was very brief, something like 'sirius is innocent, we saved him. Buckbeak is taking him to put summer house.'

“Smart child.”

Jazebal sat down next to him. She pulled up her knees to her chest.

“Sometimes too smart for his own good.” Jazebal smiled.

Sirius looked at her beautiful dimples and high cheeks ones, which she'd successfully passed onto her son.

“You worry about him a lot.”

“One of the key ingredients of motherhood, I suppose.”
She shrugged.

“You don't have to worry, he's a brave kid. A lot like you.”

“That's part of the problem.” She glanced at him with a small smile.

“The world hasn't been kind to us, you know that, Sirius.” Jazebal said, adjusting herself on the couch more comfortably.

“But it has always been particularly cruel on my son. Tristan was born different, we didn't quiet figure it out until he was five. By then his powers had developed upto to their first level. Lucien and I, we tried our best to learn and understand. The things we found out weren't very comforting.”

She swallowed a lump in her throat.

“Does he know?” Sirius asked.

“Not everything. He thinks this is it, communicating to magical creatures, talking to nature...but there's more. And I'm going to have to tell him...everything.”
Jazebal sighed.

Sirius didn't push her to say what 'everything' was. He'd sensed it wasn't very pleasant.

“I should get going. Tristan is returning home in two days, theres much to see to. It's summer break.”
Jazebal said.

“Stay a bit longer.” Sirius whispered and leaned his head against her shoulder without waiting for an answer.

Jazebal tensed, then a took along breath.

I missed you. She though. But didn't dare say those words out loud.

Insetad she tucked a long stand of hair awat from his face.

...................................

“Are you done packing already?” Tristan asked Harry and Ron who were sitting on their respective beds, watching the Scamander boy.

“Yes, we just cast two simple spells, unlike someone else in this room.” Harry said, mocking his boyfriend's obsession with perfection.

Tristan folded each piece of clothe neatly and arranged it in a particular color scheme. He had specific rules on where each item went and it took him hours to get it done. He'd never let anyone help him either.

“Mate, just get it over with, it's already late for dinner.” Ron said fretfully.

“You two go on without me.”

“Not happening.” Harry replied.

“But I'm starving.” Ron cried.

“Well then you go on, Ron. We'll be there shortly.”

Harry suggested. Just as Ron had left, Harry walked over to Tristan's bed and sat down. The Taller boy was busy folding his shirt and didn't spare him a glance. Harry didn't miss the adorable pout if his lips.

“Hi..” Harry poked his arm.

“Don't.” Tristan warned.

“Are you mad?”

“I'm not mad.”

“You look mad. I don't mind sacrificing one dinner to watch you fold the same clothes over and over again.”

Harry said with barely concealed amusement.

Tristan smiled without a hint of humour and said to his boyfriend, looking him dead in the eyes.

“Keep mocking me and I'll hex you into your next life.”

Harry smiled fully at the threat. He outstretched his hand, inviting Tristan to sit with him. The taller boy huffed and looked away.

“Just come here.” Harry took his wrist and pulled him into to the bed.

“I'm sorry. I won't tease you ever again.”
Harry said kissing Tristan's cheek.

“You don't mean that.” Tristan said.

“I don't mean that.” Harry grinned. Tristan hit his arm.

“If you keep teasing me, you're not getting a single kiss in this lifetime.”

“Now that's just cruel.” Harry muttered, moving closer to Tristan, their faces inches apart.

Tristan's lips parted slightly, his hand cupped the side of Harry's face. Their lips met tenderly at first, slowly moving in unison. Tristan felt his stomach flip in a familiar way.

“You're lucky I like you, Potter.” Tristan said, as they pulled away.

“Very lucky.” Harry agreed and kissed him again.

“Let's go have dinner, you'll feel less grumpy if you eat.” Harry Siad and Tristan sent him a small glare.

“Fine.”

..............................

The four Gryffindors were on the train back to London. Harry and Tristan sat opposite each other, making eyes at the other.

“I can't wait to get home and have a good night's sleep.” Hermione sighed.

“Do you sleep?” Ron asked.

“Of course I do, Ronald.” Hermione rolled her eyes.

“Tris, you going to America this summer?”
She turned to Tristan.

“I guess. We haven't decided.” He shrugged.

He liked going to say at his grandparents, especially because Newt had so many things to tell him about new magical creatures he'd discovered. And Tina baked him the best biscuits and other deserts.

“Whatever you all do, don't forget to write to one another.”

Suddnely Harry stood up. He looked at Tristan and said

“We're almost at the station. I've to check check something, can you come with me?”

Tristan nodded, confusedly and got up. Harry took his hand and they walked to a whole another bogie.

“We are not  supposed to be here.” Tristan said.

Harry pulled him into and empty compartment and said

“Since when you care about rules?”.

“Harry...what are you upto?” Tristan raised an eyebrow.

“I won't be seeing you for the entire summer break...” Harry said, pulling Tristan to sit with him.

“Yes...”

“So I...” Harry brough his face incredibly close to his lover's.

“I want to get as many kisses as I possibly can.”

Tristan chuckled. He nooded and didn't waste a second before kissing Harry. It was a chaste kiss. Harry kissed his forehead, temple and his cheeks, repeatedly. Tristan melted into a string of bubbling laughter.

“Harry...”

Harry held his boyfriend's waist carefully and kissed his lips again and again. Tristan wrapped his arms around Harry's neck, slowly melting into the embrace with each kiss.

“Write to me?” Tristan asked rubbing their noses together.

“Everyday.” Harry promised and kissed his cheek once again, sealing the word.

A/N : Third year is over. This was one of my favorite years to write because of the fluff<3

You won't be seeing our boys this peaceful for a long time because now we're entering “Goblet of fire”.

Fair warning, things are about to get messy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 786 17
She smelled like pink coconut ice from Honeydukes. My own breath hitched at the thought of tasting those lips. Would she taste the same? I closed my...
10.2K 126 18
draco gives him the faintest of smiles. he rips apart from harry and stares into his eyes. harry's eyes contain the world's amount of love, affection...
16.9K 933 18
When Draco Malfoy watched Charity die in front of him, he decided no more. Joining Harry on the search for Horcruxes the blonde finds more than just...
24.8K 427 11
Wolfstarrrrrrr If you are as single as I am, you might like this story. This happened during their sixth year at Hogwarts. Warning: Very lemon. Ver...