A New Perspective: The Blind...

By corkykong

Within the land of remnant, there are many tales, and stories. Stories that speak of the heroic deeds of othe... More

Chapter 1: Lost Sensations
Chapter 2: A Sense of Trust
Chapter 3: Two Sides Of A Deal
Chapter 4: From Here On Out
Chapter 5: Regret's Reward
CHOICE TIME!!!
Chapter 6: The Chance
Chapter 7: The Quickest Way To The Heart
Chapter 8: A Dule is a Lesson
Chapter 9: Pearly Whites
Chapter 10: Good Guy, Wrong Side
Chapter 11: The Wizard of- (short chapter...I think?)
Choice TIME!!!
Chapter 11.5: A Last Name (short chapter)
Chapter 12: During The Break
Chapter 13: A Name You Can't Forget
Chapter 14: Enemies Are Friends Too!
Chapter 15: In "Sight"...
Chapter 16: The Blacksmith's Way
Chapter 17: A Pillar of Light...And The Black Stag...
Choice time~
Chapter 18: A Heart of Grimm
Chapter 19: A Gambler's Hint
Chapter 20: An Audience With A Queen
Chapter 21: A Queen's Wrath...
Chapter 22: With Silver Antlers...He Ran...
Chapter 23: From Secret Admirers
Choice time!!!!- oh...and thanks...
Chapter 25: A Blacksmith's Flame...
what did he send?
Chapter 26: Embers To A Flame
Chapter 26: Embers To A Flame (part 2 short)
Chapter 27: A Life Not Lived
Chapter 28: A Fang's Reckoning...
Choice time....IMPORTANT
Chapter 29: Antlers Against Horns
Chapter 30: A Place To Come Back To
My Nose Doesn't Glow!!!

Chapter 24: Sympathy V.S Empathy

997 24 1
By corkykong

You sat up with the help of the woman named Kali before feeling somthing soft under you...unlike before when you had waken up in a stiff cot in Vale, you had come to find yourself in a high quality bed with fluffy pillows.

Kali: careful...

Kali helped you sit up right before placing a glass in your hand.

Kali: it's filled with fresh water. Go on and take a sip

A little distrusting, you gave a quick sniff before noticing that it was actually water...huh...

Could you trust her?

Taking a small sip, your dried throat was almost immediately taken over by greed. The refreshing liquid was gone as you down the contents of the glass without a second thought.

Kali: o-oh my, I'll get you another! Here...

You felt a soft hand guide your own as She began to pour water into the empty glass.

Kali: drink it a bit slower please...

You nodded

Y/N: t-thank you...

You drank the water once more, but this time with a bit of cooth, instead of chugging the contents like it were your last.

But with a relaxed and relieved sigh, you spoke up after finishing the water in your glass once more.

Y/N: thank you again...

You heard the woman chuckle to herself before speaking.

Kali: it's no issue young man...now then...let start with introductions...shall we?

A small shiver ran down your spine as you felt the air around the room change...

Could you really trust her?...

Gulping down hard in nervousness, you put the same face you had when speaking to Salem.

As of now, you were in a place where you truly didn't know where you were, and no way in knowing in who or what you may be fighting on your way out...you had to play this safe

Y/N: u-um...yes...my name is Y/N...

Kali: "Y/N"...? Interesting...and your last name?

You looked down in thought...you...well...

Y/N: I-i don't have one ma'am...

Kali:...your parents?

You shook your head

Y/N: I've never met them...

You heard a sigh from the lady before hearing her speak again.

Kali: I see...any foster pare-

Y/N: I would really appreciate if we don't speak about them...p-please...a-and sorry...

There was a small pause but...givin that you were now holding and gently rubbing your shoulders in your own discomfort...Kali seemed to understand this before noticing your heightened breathing at the topic...

The wounds were still fresh from Beacon...

Blake...

Kali: I see...I won't push further on the matter, but if you wish be on better terms with the people of Menagerie, then you have to tell us about yourself...can you do that for us?...

You though about for a moment before realizing somthing

Y/N: "us"...?

Almost immediately, you heard wooden floor boards underneath the bed begin to creak as a large person began to move.

An intimidating arua surrounded him, but it was mostly shrouded with what you could describe as...

Fatherly?

???: how are you feeling young man?

As if you were speaking to a person of high standing, you almost immediately changed your fragile and Cautious tone for one that was confident...or atleast with all the confidence you could muster.

Y/N: i-I'm fine sir...

???: "sir"...?

.
.
.
Oh crap
.
.
.

Like a tidal wave of haywire emotions washing over you.

Why the hell did you say sir?

Why did you feel like you were talking to Tai again?

Why did you feel like you were back to square one?

Again your heart began to beat like a drum in your chest as you tried to hide the fact you were pretty much having a hidden panic attack right now.

Kali: hun, maybe not sounding like a chieftain would be better...

There was a small pause between the two of them as they seemed to convey eachother with an array of sign language.

???: ah, I see...

You heard the large man kneel down next to the bed before placing a hand on your shoulder.

N: I'm sorry s- I-...I didn't mean t-

???: it's OK son...there's no need to be afraid here...

With his right hand on your right shoulder, you managed to stable your breathing before taking in a deep breath of air with a sigh of relief.

Kali: sorry if my husband scared you there. Ghira is still getting used to swaying his voice from chief, and leader to husband, and father~

You felt you heart cease its ever present ringing in your ears as your anxiety finally began to wade.

Ghira: allow me to introduce myself...my name is Ghira Belladona, chieftain of Menagerie...

You managed to smile in their direction before speaking.

Y/N: h-hello...my name is Y/N...it's nice to meet you.

You held out your hand to greet the chieftain out of respect.

The hand that grasped onto yours almost dwarfed your hand in comparison. Yet the hand shake didn't hurt at all despite the obvious size difference...he was worried about hurting you?...

Maybe you could trust these people...

Ghira: well Y/N, do you mind telling us about yourself?

Your smile became a bit more true as trust and hope found its way into your heart once more...your semblance picked this up as your antlers began to softly glow.

Y/N: well...it's quite the story...

*somewhere in Salem's Castle*

Salem paced back and forth along the main meeting room while bitting down on her nail. She quietly swore to end the boy that managed to almost kill her in her own castle.

Salem: That damn child...I'll make sure he suffers for this!

She looked down from the nail she was impatiently bitting on before noticing that down along her fore arm, cracked stone and incomplete form ran down her arm.

Salem: DAMMIT!!!

Salem shouted in anger as she tore off her right arm before throwing her now dead arm away to disintegrate.

As she watched her arm wisk away like how her Grimm did, her rageful gaze reached the door leading into the room as her arm slowly regenerated.

* knock knock knock*

Salem regained her composure as she stood tall and respectable like a queen.

Salem: enter...

The doors gently swung enough to let a man walk through with a scroll in his hands

???: your majesty...

Salem: Watts...your progress?

Watts: I've done some digging on the boy as you had requested, but... I can't find anything on him. No proof of birth, criminal record, or form of ID...but...I do believe I have found him...

Salem glared towards Watts as he pulled up a small video.

The screen Watts showed held a video that was taken in Menagerie. Y/N was laying washed up flat on his chest on the beach as light began to swirl and come back to his antlers.

Watts: the leader of the area seems to be handling the situation personally. But all fact state that the boy still lives...

Salem's anger and inpatients had lessen.

Salem: I see...approvable work...

Watts: thank you your majesty...will there be anything else?

Watts said as his eyes carefully darted up at the ceiling before looking back at the queen.

Salem:...place a hit on the boy...the white fang may make short work of him...then use the oncoming incident as momentum to kill off the leader of that land...and be sure to have them make it seem to be an incident...

Watts: yes your majesty, right away...

Watts turned to leave, but-

Salem: oh...and Watts?

Watts turned around...

Salem: do not fail me...unless you would like to end up as a former member of the table~

Salem pointed up towards the ceiling of the room...as blood dripped down onto the center table...

Up there...bounded with Grimm like appendages with spikes running along and through his body...

Tyrian Callows hung limp...barely breathing, but...he was still alive...

Salem: do you understand?~

Watts eyes darted away from the horror before nodding with anxiety plaguing his heart.

Watts: y-yes ma'am...

Watts left as Salem used magic to send another spike into Tyrian's bloodied body...

He writhed and silently screamed through the arm that covered his mouth from making any noise.

Salem: now then...I wonder what I shall do with you then~...

The room was then filled with the echoing of muffled screams...

*meanwhile in Menagerie*

You had told them everything...well..."mostly" everything....

You didn't tell them about your past family...but...you did tell them about you life so far...

Traveling with a crime boss for a bit

Meeting the leader of the white fang

Making temporary friends in Beacon...and the school's partial destruction...

But...you did feel inclined to leave Blake out of the picture you were painting however...you knew she liked her privacy, so...you simply didn't mention her...but you did speak of-

Salem and her deal...

Running away...

And finally...

Your run to freedom...

Honestly, you didn't want to tell them of those you've been associated with, but...you knew that it would be your only chance to gain their trust...

Y/N: and I kept running until my feet touched water. I got pretty tired after that, so...I passed out on the beach...

Ghira: and that's how you washed up on our shore...I see...

You gulped down your fear and nervousness as you waited anxiously for the response.

Ghira: and I assume that if you were to back to either of your former "employers" would take you back in then...

Y/N: Yes sir...I'm sorry...

You bowed your head in shame as you tried not to cry at you now bad background.

Ghira: *sigh*...please...for now...as long as you are under my peoples protection, and under this roof...you may simply call me Ghira...you have come far to get where you are gith now...you deserve this much...I know this well...

You looked up at the two white painted figures with your semblance.

The chiefs face...it was calm...and although you couldn't see his face...

You could tell he meant no harm or ill intention.

You smiled great fully as tears streamed from your eyes.

Kali: oh dear, come on now! Don't cry over the gift!~

You felt Kali hop up on the bed before holding you close. Your head rested on your shoulder as your antlers began to flicker from shinning to blinding.

This was a new feeling...

As of now, you have been on the receiving end of what you could only really describe as the sympathy of others...they felt bad...but these people...this family...they-

Kali: it's OK Y/N...just let it out...we know what it feels like...just take your time...

They understood what it was like...from their voices alone, you knew that they had faced their own challenges and nightmares long ago. Your rested on this fact as you slowly began to see the pair before you as people you could speak freely to without fear...

Kali: shhhh...it ok Y/N...

Ghira: you are amongst those that have felt the same sting of oppression and manipulation of others...you are safe here..

Your tears continued to flow from opened and strained eyes as a plethora of emotions washed down on you.

Should you be happy?

Should you be sad?

Should you be proud?- angry?-

Several questions to the emotions you were feeling as of now, but you could only tear up and let out strained cries.

Kali continued to gently rub your back until you had calmed down. Admittedly you were feeling tired now, but that didn't really stop you from asking...

Y/N: Mrs. Kali...Mr. Ghira...what's next?

Through your lit up antlers, you watched Ghira kneel down near the frame of the door leading to the rest of the building you were in, before picking up the Banshee.

Ghira: I thought you said you were free now?

He placed the bow on your lap...that's the first time you've seen someone carry your bow around without trouble...

Ghira: your free to make that choice yourself now...

A thankful smile reached your face as you picked up the bow, then shifting it into its walking stick form...

A smile reached your face as a line of began to enchant you head with dreams and hope...

Y/N: I think I would like to keep exploring....oh!...but before that, I uh...-

You lifted the Banshees up into your arms before gently gracing the sides with the back of your hand. The strange bone like outer layer was still clean, but the inner linings of the bow were crusted with dried sand and seawater.

But with your hand brushing along with

Y/N: is there a forge anywhere?

You smiled gingerly as you slowly stood up from the soft bed and its warm sheets.

Ghira: I know where they are, yes...but, uh...I think it may be best you changed your clothing...

Y/N: hm? Why?

You felt the clothing on you begin to sag and loosen....these clothes were way to big for you.

Kali: your using his old night gown with, uh....cat pictures every were....

You visualized the scene before them before holding back a chuckle...and like that...

"Like a famoly"...

Laughter and hope filled the room...

*meanwhile*

Three people stood up on a roof facing the center mansion of Menagerie.

???: sir.. I see the target inside...he's with the Belladonna family right now...shall we engage?

A female spoke into a scroll before getting a reply back.

???: no...wait until night...take out both the target and family if possible...

The male voice on the other end of the line hung up as the female removed her mask...

???: but why him?....

She spoke to her self before holding the mask up to her face after taking in a few deep breathes of fresh air...

???: why would we kill off the last of their bloodline....?

She put her mask back on before hiding awa6 with the other two...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456 24 6
The World of Remnant is filled to the brim with the creatures of Grimm as well as other hidden forces bent on destruction, and the only ones willing...
228K 3.3K 32
Ruby Rose was treated like absolute trash ever since her mother disappeared. She just wants someone to be nice to her and show her love. Her pleas ar...
39.6K 794 8
3 months have past since the deaths of Yang and Ruby by his hands. Now with the cryptic clues of his mother's whereabouts rattling through his skull...
195K 3.2K 25
In Patch there are two individuals who don't have a normal life since their mother has been gone. Over two years their father had abused them due to...