real people - j.k.

By pettigrews_puthay

Lynna is comfortable with her simple life, floating by with her bestfriend. Josh is occupied by his up and co... More

notice
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two

twenty seven

128 6 6
By pettigrews_puthay

Lynna's POV

I was sleeping perfectly fine until my phone went off, making me want to cry. I felt a bit excited, thinking it was Josh. You can imagine the confusion I felt when my I realized it was my brother calling me.

"Uh, hi?" I answered confusedly, trying to figure out why he would be calling me. We weren't really people that just called each other.

"Lu, when we're you going to tell me you're dating a motherfucking singer from a band?" He asked, not even saying hello. "Let alone a band I've loved for a while."

"Wait, you know Greta?" I asked, amazed.

"That's not the point." He replied sassily.

"Okay, Axel, don't get snippy." I said. "I just woke up, it's too early for that."

"It's 9 o'clock, that's not early." He said, already sounding disapproving. "Back to the boyfriend."

"Okay, well, his names Josh." I said. "And, I was going to tell you eventually, I just forgot."

"I can't believe I had to learn it from Sara." He said.

"How is she?" I asked, wanting to know about my sister in law.

"She's fine." He answered. "And, I'm confused, I thought you were a lesbian."

"I don't care who it is. I fall in love with souls." I said, him making a disgusted noise from the other side. "If I have to know your love life, it's only fair you know mine."

"When do I get to meet this guy?" He asked, ignoring what I said.

"I don't know." I said, feeling nervous at the prospect of it.

"Besides the fact that you're dating, it would be cool to meet him, they have amazing music." He said.

"Aw, look at you fangirling." I smiled, him not sounding pleased at my use of words.

"Lulu, never call it that again." He sighed.

"Axel, never call me 'lulu' again." I said, hating that nickname.

"I've called you that for forever." He said, not sounding like he was going to stop anytime soon. "Seriously, I'm not going to just stop calling you that because you think you're too cool for it."

"I hate you." I said. "I'm going back to bed."

"No, no." He said quickly, before I could hang up. "I want to meet him, and it's time we see each other again."

"It has been a while." I said, trying to remember the last time I saw him. "I think they're going to be in Pennsylvania pretty soon, we could go there."

"That's a long drive." He complained.

"It's an even longer drive to Michigan." I said. "You need to leave Maine every once in a while."

"I don't see why." He said, once again in a sassy tone. "How long have you two been dating?"

"Around 3 weeks." I answered.

"Oh. Thats not long at all." He said surprised.

"We've known each other for a lot longer than that." I said. "We were basically dating before we like started dating."

"I don't wanna know." He said, sounding disgusted. "Sara says hi."

"Tell her I say 'hi' back." I smiled. "I would love to talk, but I have business to attend to."

"No, we both know you don't. You just don't want to talk to your brother." He said jokingly.

"Actually, I have to shit." I said, earning a laugh from him. "So, unless you want to stick around for that, I'd advise that we talk later."

"Alright, I'll call you at some point so we can make plans." He said. "Buh-bye, Lulu."

"Stop calling me that." I groaned, absolutely hating that name. "Goodbye."

I ended the call, doing as I said and heading towards the bathroom. Of course, when you live next door to your bestfriend, you don't get much alone time.

I heard my front door open, followed by Frankie calling for me. I waited til she wandered towards the door to answer her.

"Lynna." She called out in a creepy voice. "Where are you my sweets?"

"Bathroom." I answered, debating whether I should've actually answered. "Don't you even think about coming in."

"Aw, man." She sighed from outside the door. "I wanted to watch you poop."

"I'm going to get a restraining order one of these days." I said. "Guess who called me this morning?"

"Josh?"

"No."

"Jake?"

"No."

"Their mom?"

"No, stop guessing." I finally said, not letting her spit out another name. "Axel."

"As in your brother, Axel?" She asked.

"Who else do I know named Axel?" I asked, finding the question odd.

"Well, I don't know, you keep secrets." She said. I chose not to argue that, knowing that she knew almost everything about me. "Your brothers hot."

"Frankie, stop that right now." I said, now feeling disgusted. "You have Sammy."

"So?" She asked, not seeing a problem with it.

"Okay, anyways." I said. "He wants to meet Josh. I guess his wife saw that I had a boyfriend, and Axel was heated that I didn't tell him yet."

"Snitch." Frankie remarked, referring to Sara.

"No, I love her." I said. "That's besides the point. He wants to meet them, evidently he's big fan of Greta. So, I guess we're going to find a date that we can go to a concert and he'll meet them."

"What does Josh think?" She asked.

"Haven't told him yet." I shrugged, making my way out of the bathroom. "I'm sure he won't mind."

"As long as you he doesn't meet Axel the same way he met your parents." She smiled, making me remember that embarrassing morning.

"I had almost forgotten about that." I sighed. "Do you want to go with when we see them?"

"Absolutely." She answered, no hesitation whatsoever. "I wanna see Sammy."

"Of course you do." I said, making fun of her. "You're 'gorgeous' Sammy boy."

"Never call him that." She said, pointing her finger at me aggressively. We continued through the morning, trying to decide when to meet with Axel. I knew at some point I actually needed to tell Josh about it, but I'd do it eventually.

"You really need to call Josh so we can actually know." Frankie said, trying to get me to do it.

"I'm too lazy." I answered, trying to act tired.

"Oh, shutup." She said, looking at me. "You just don't want Josh to meet your brother."

"No." I said, trying to sound defensive. "Okay, yeah."

"I'll fix that." She said, pulling out her phone. Before I could stop her, the phone was already ringing on speaker.

"I absolutely hate you." I said, looking at Frankie.

"What's wrong?" Josh answered, reminding me of the last time he answered like that.

"Lynna got in a car wreck." Frankie said, I could audibly hear the noise Josh made.

"Frankie!" I said alarmed, slapping her arm. "Josh, I'm fine, she's a fucking idiot."

"You're so nice to me." Frankie smiled, giving me a smile that said she was proud of herself. I took the phone from her, not wanting to not give her another opportunity.

"Frank, you're not funny, like at all." Josh said, still sounding startled.

"Yes, I am, don't lie to yourself." Frankie said.

"Fuck off." Josh responded aggressively. I laughed at Frankie's shocked expression, looking very offended.

"You know what, fuck you too, Josh." Frankie said. "I hope Lynna's brother fucking hates you."

"What?" Josh asked, sounding very confused.

"Yeah, so, my brother wants to meet you." I said. "And, evidently he's a fan of your guys' music, so that's a plus."

"When does he want to meet me?" Josh asked, the slightly nervous tone in his voice made me smile a bit.

"I'm not sure, we're trying to figure that out. He wants to go to one of your shows, then meet you." I shrugged.

"He lives in Maine, right?" He asked, I hummed in response. "Let's see...Jake, are we going anywhere near Maine?"

I heard Jake answer in the background, saying the venue we were already thinking about.

"Does that sound like it'd work?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, I don't see why it wouldn't." I smiled, excited just thinking about. "That's like three weeks away, right?"

"Yeah, almost exactly." Josh said, the excitement evident in his voice. "I can't wait to see you again."

Frankie made a gaging noise in the background, making sure it was loud enough for him to hear.

"Frankie's just jealous she can't get Sam to say that." Josh said, causing Frankie to make a once again offended sound. "What? Do you want to talk to Sammy, Frankie? He's right here, I can — "

"Lynna, tell him to shutup." Frankie said, looking to me.

"I don't control him." I shrugged, Frankie looking at me betrayed.

"Sam, say 'hi' to Frankie!" Josh said loudly, loving how upset he had to of been making Frank.

"Uh, hi, Frankie." Sammy spoke nervously, Frankie's face turning softer compared to the angry look.

"Hi, Sammy." Frankie smiled.

"Hi, Lynna, hi, Frankie." Jake's voice came over the speaker.

"Hi, Jakey." I greeted, my voice sounding stupid.

"Hi again, Lynn." Jake said, I could imagine the smile. "Joshua here has to get off the phone, we have places to be."

"I can still talk to her." Josh whined.

"No, you cannot." Jake said, sounding done with Josh. "He'll call you after, we're going to be late, we cannot be late for once."

"Alright, I guess I'll talk to you later." I sighed, thinking this was a rather quick call.

"You know, if you just came with us, we wouldn't have to stop talking." Josh said, trying his best to be convincing. There was a complaint from Jake in the background, Josh shooting something back in response. "Okay, I gotta go, bye, my dear, Lynna."

"Gross." Frankie groaned.

"Bye, Josh." I laughed, the call ending soon after. I sighed, feeling lonely again.

"You should do it." Frankie said, well, it was muffled due to the fox she was shoving in her mouth.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Go with them." She said. "You have more than enough money. You literally have more in your account than I've ever made."

"That's what happens when you work your ass off since you were 16." I reflected on that for a moment, realizing I had been working much too long.

"So, you need a break." She smiled. "Seriously, Lynna, out of all people you deserve a break."

I fumbled with the ring on my finger, trying to decide what to do.

"I only have 3 weeks til we see them again, what about Sergio, and everything else?" I asked, feeling overwhelmed.

"Put in your two weeks in a few days, be honest with your boss, you could maybe even get your job back after." She said. "I'll take care of Sergio when I get back. And, whatever, you can move in with me if you have to."

I looked at her, not knowing what to say. I didn't know what to do, I sucked at making decisions.

"Lynna, you're going." She said, sounding fed up with me. "That's final."

"You're going to make me quit my job?" I laughed.

"Yes." She said, adamant enough that I knew she wasn't lying. "We're gonna surprise Josh again, obviously he knows you're coming, but let's not tell him that you're staying. We'll tell Jake."

"What, just be like surprise, I'm not going home!" I said, playing out the scene in my head.

"Precisely." She smiled.

"Wait, but what about you?" I asked, suddenly not on board anymore.

"What about me?" She asked, confused.

"I don't want to leave you for that long." I said, feeling not thrilled about the thought of it. "You're like my sister at this point."

"I'll still visit you, you're not getting rid of me that easy." She said, not being nearly as worried.

"I will seriously be a mess without you." I said. "You're my only friend, I love the boys, but they might drive me insane by the end of it."

"We will make up for all the lost time." She shrugged. "You are going, otherwise I won't be friends with you."

"We both know that's a lie." I said, her giving a shrug agreeing.

"I will be mad if you pass this up though." She said. "Because I would sell my soul to have a boyfriend who loved me as much as Josh loves you, and simply getting the opportunity to tour with them. You know if you don't go you'll regret it."

"I know." I sighed, looking down to my hands. "I'm just worried."

"About what?"

"Josh. What if he gets sick of me?" I asked, thinking about it. It was genuinely a big fear of mine. "What if any of them realize they don't like me?"

"Lynn, they absolutely adore you. Seriously, Sammy thinks you're the sweetest. Jake, well, he obviously thinks the world of you. Danny, it would be very hard to make Danny hate you. He likes your company a lot." She listed, making me feel all warm inside. I couldn't fathom that anyone would like me like she was explaining.

"What about Josh? He actually has to like, date me." I asked, needing her to tell me not to worry. "I would be devastated if he got tired of me."

"I hate you." She spat. "That boy is absolutely head over heels for you. He worships the ground you walk on! I've never saw a man love anyone the way he loves you. Please, please, realize how much he likes you."

I was blushing as she explained it. I was finally starting to grasp the fact that he liked me. I don't know why I struggled so much with the thought of people actually caring for me. It still surprises me sometimes that Frankie wants to hangout with me.

"You're a pretty convincing friend, Frank." I laughed, feeling stupidly emotional. "I just don't want to things to change."

"Change is an amazing thing." She said, rubbing her hand against my shoulder. "If things didn't change, we'd be miserable. What about the fact that you're dating Josh? That was a change."

"I guess it was." I smiled, thinking about it. "Okay, I'll do it."

"Yes!" She cried, so excited for me. "I can't wait to tell Jake, oh my gosh, Josh is gonna be so happy!"

"It sounds like you want to get rid of me." I smiled, teasing her.

"You've caught me, I want to keep Sergio as my own." She said, playing along with it. I let out a gasp, defensively grabbing the confused cat.

"You'll never get Sergio." I said. "I basically gave birth to him."

"That's lowkey weird to say." She said, acting like that was the most outlandish sentence ever. I shook my head, not caring to argue my side. I felt excited, and very nervous, for what was to come. I couldn't wait to be with Josh, that was going to be absolutely amazing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 5 6
Catch-22: a dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions. Even if you kne...
516 1 16
Miscellaneous One Shots pulled from my tumblr. Much love 🫶🏻 DISCLAIMER: I do not know Greta Van Fleet or any of the members personally. This is all...
47.7K 805 26
She's a struggling musician. He's a beautiful stranger with a secret. Do they have what it takes to last, or are they just a summer fling? best ranki...
197 20 12
Pairing: Sam Kiszka x Original Female Character Synopsis: The year was 1976, the season was summer. The days were hot and the nights were hotter. Mus...