tough love ; jack gilinsky

By nagrom_

Meredith is a hot tempered rich teenager, who doesn't like to be told what to do. But when she's forced to wo... More

i n t r o
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
f o r t y - t w o
f o r t y - t h r e e
f o r t y - f o u r
f o r t y - f i v e

t w e n t y - n i n e

3.5K 60 6
By nagrom_

{December}

m e r e d i t h

"Addie, no. Just move. I'll do it." I pushed her out of the way as she was setting up Christmas decorations. I like things done my way, and this is was definitely not my way.

"Are you going to let me do anything?" She said putting a hand on her hip.

"Probably not." I laughed. "Actually, I do have something I want you to do." I said throwing my phone at her. "Text my mom and Ryan and tell them they can come over anytime after five." She nodded and started typing something into my phone.

Jack, Cam and Shawn knew they could come over whenever, so I don't know when they'll be here.

I finished setting everything up and stood back to admire my work. It's a nice tree, I like this tree.

"Very nice." Jack said from behind me while putting his hands on my hips. I spun around to face him.

"I tend to think I'm the master at Christmas decorations, when I was a kid every year I looked forward to putting everything up. It was the one time of year nothing else mattered to me," I sighed at the memories. "Well, I'm sad now." I went over to the couch and fell face first.

"Noooo." Jack said grabbing my shoulders, making me sit up. "You're not allowed to be sad for the rest of the week. I won't allow it." My mouth curved into a slight smile.

"Okay, good. Now come one, put your boots and jacket on. We're going for a walk." He announced loudly so Addie would hear.

"But it's snowing." I said looking out the window.

"Even better, meet me outside in a few minutes." He said walking towards the door, but stopped. "And Meredith?"

"Yes Jack?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I love you." He smiled before leaving.

I smiled to myself as I went and slipped on a pair of uggs and my jacket. And a beanie, and mittens. I actually hate the cold and would rather spend all winter inside with blankets and tea. After putting all my stuff on, I trudged down to the lobby and outside. The cold winter air hit me like a bus. The last time I was outside was at least three or four days ago, whenever I needed something I made someone else get it for me.

Jack walked outside soon enough, barely even noticing how cold it was.

"How the hell are you not freezing to death?" I asked as he grabbed my hand and we started walking down the street.

"Maybe it's because I like the cold and winter. Unlike you." He laughed. I just rolled my eyes.

"So, where are we going? I like to limit the amount of time I spend outside during the winter." I chuckled.

"You'll see." He said as he dragged me along the sidewalk.

But I do admit it's really pretty outside, it's snowing very lightly so it's like one of those stupid cliché movie scenes where you kiss your significant other in the snow and/or rain.

Soon enough we arrived at this small loose leaf tea shop. One I've always wanted to go to, but never had the time. I looked at Jack and he smiled.

"We going in or what?" He laughed before opening up the door, letting me in. The smell of tea instantly made me smile. Hell, tea in general just makes me smile. {lol hey, i have a lowkey obsession with loose leaf tea for those who didn't know}

"Get whatever you want. It's on me babe." Jack said kissing my forehead.

-

As I skipped inside the apartment, I noticed everyone had already come over. Those being Cam, Shawn and Maddy, my mom and Ryan.

"Well someone looks extra happy today." My mom beamed. I nodded with a big smile on my face. Addie noticed the huge bag in my hand and looked over to Jack.

"Jack, you bought her tea. Didn't you?" She asked.

"Why yes he didddd." I sang while putting all my tea in my 'tea' cupboard. A bag of tea falling on my head in the process. A sign that maybe I have too much tea.

After putting all my tea away I went and took a seat next to Jack on the couch. With a cup of new tea of course. Everyone was just talking amongst themselves, but then Ryan stood up as if he was about to make some announcement. 

"Meredith, I would like to ask you something." He looked at me and I almost spit out my drink. I nodded anyways.

"Since I've regained almost all of my memory, the doctors said I was good to go to school again. So, I'm still going to Johns Hopkins and I was wondering. Come with me to Baltimore? Mom is coming too, we can finally be the family you always wanted." This time I actually spit out my drink.

"What? I can't just pick up everything I have here and leave." I said with wide eyes.

"But Mer, you're always telling me how unhappy you are here." As soon as he said that he regretted it, I told him that was private. Meaning no one else needs to know.

Jack, Addie, Cam and Shawn all looked at me like I just killed a small child.

"Mer. Is that true?" Jack asked. He looked hurt, and I felt so goddamn bad.

"Yes, but is it really a surprise to any of you? Honestly. I've been unhappy like this since high school and this is the first time any of you have taken notice." I sighed.

"Noticed? I think I've done far more than noticed. But Meredith if you can't realize that, I don't know if I should keep trying." Jack said before getting up and leaving the apartment, slamming the door on the way out.

"Jack. No." I said putting a hand over my mouth, starting to cry.

It's over, isn't it?

It's like high school all over again.

"Er, Ryan and Mrs. Skye I don't mean to be rude but I think it would be best if you guys left." Addie told them, they didn't argue with her and got their stuff and left.

"Cam and Shawn you guys go talk to Jack, and Maddy and I will stay here with Meredith. Okay? Disperse!"

c a m e r o n

Shawn and I went looking for Jack, I'm pretty sure he just went back to our apartment. So that's where we went first.

Yep. There he was sitting on the couch, with his head in his hands.

"Jack. What the hell was that? Meredith is so upset about what you said to her. You can't just go around saying things like that to her, you know how sensitive she really is." I basically shouted at him.

"I know Cam, I know. It was a stupid thing to say and I regret it. She probably doesn't want me back after that one." He sighed.

"Are you kidding? That girl would forgive you in a heartbeat. Just give her some time. You're everything to her Jack, absolutely everything." Shawn told him. He was right.

"How much time is enough?" Jack raised an eyebrow.

"As much as you think she needs. That could be twenty minutes, or even three days. But the right thing to do would be go over there right now." I said as he stood up.

"You're both right, thanks."

m e r e d i t h

I never thought he would actually say something like that to me, I thought he understood how I felt. Turns out I was wrong.

"Meredith! Snap out of it. Someone is here to see you." Maddy yelled at me before her and Addie both moved to reveal Jack standing in the doorway.

I just rolled my eyes at him before getting up and going into my room and slamming the door.

Dammit Meredith, you're never going to help yourself if you just shut people out like this.

You're a fuck up you know that?

That's why you had no friends during high school, you fucked everything up.

Maybe you should go to Baltimore with Ryan, and start over. No one will know who you are or what you're like.

You could be happy, without depending on someone else.

Happy on your own.

I rushed over to my bedside table where my phone is, and opened my messages.

New Message to Ryan Skye:

meredith: I'm going with you to Baltimore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 4.3K 38
He was the type of guy that could cut diamonds with his jawline and make girls fall for him in an instant. He road a motorcycle to school and didn't...
143K 3.1K 35
when you've been bit by the members of magcon, there's no doubt that trouble is ahead. **disclaimer! this story was created in junior high so it is...
633K 17.2K 78
He will be the one to save her but he will also be the one to hurt her
369K 6.1K 30
COMPLETED Emma was different compared to other 17 year olds. She was only friends with guys..... the Magcon Guys to be exact. Just like anyone else...