𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗗𝗼...

Oleh Madsobrine

In which two co-workers find peace and comfort in one another. "These people are the best part of me." Trigg... Lebih Banyak

𝘼𝙘𝙩 𝙞
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝙸𝙸, 𝙳𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝘁 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝘄𝗼
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙁𝙞𝙫𝙚
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝙎𝙞𝙭
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝙉𝙞𝙣𝙚
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝙊𝙣𝙚
𝖠𝖼𝗍 𝖨𝖨𝖨.𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙔𝙤𝙪
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝙏𝙬𝙤
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗶𝘅
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆
𝙒𝙚𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘼𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙘
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝘄𝗼
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗶𝘅
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻
𝘈𝘤𝘵 𝘐𝘝. 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗙𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

5.4K 158 31
Oleh Madsobrine

"𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳.
𝘏𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳.
𝘕𝘦𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳."

Malfunction 3x07
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Halloween and thanksgiving had come and gone quickly, Savanna and Eddie's newly formed relationship had been practically been put on a pause ever since Savanna came home from a shift and found him covered in bruises and blood and he refused to tell her why, even though she had a pretty good idea what he was doing.

Eddie was doing the same thing Carter had between his second and third deployment, he was street fighting which would soon land him in jail, a hospital bed, or he would send someone else to the hospital possibly in a body bag. Even if the couple were fighting that didn't stop Chris and Savanna from spending almost everyday together along with the new addition of Sabrina who Chris had taken an exponential liking to.

Sabrina had a hard few weeks adjusting to living with savanna most nights she was afraid to sleep which in return savanna and nova sat with her. After a few weeks she did sleep only for nightmares to plague her but after a month and a half Sabrina was able to spend most of her nights sleeping soundlessly it had been the first time in Sabrina's life that she ever left safe and a part of her was still terrified it would be taken away from her.

Savanna couldn't bite back the laugh as she watched Buck slip on the ice skating rink, the 118 was currently responding to a figure skating misshapen and Buck, Savanna and Eddie were looking for a lost finger. "Oh so graceful Evan." Savanna jokes laughing at him as she scooted along the ice.

"Not all of us did competitive dance like you." Buck pouted as he slipped once again this time he was able to stay on his feet.

"You did dance?" Eddie questioned a few feet away from them.

"And gymnastics, and archery." Buck added, making Savanan roll her eyes.

"I am a woman of many talents." Savanna jokes.

"Found one finger, Cap. Still looking for the other ones." Buck informed Bobby who walked over to them.

"Hey, got the pinkie." Eddie called picking up the pinky from under the fake snow

"Found the ring finger." Savanna called, picking up the finger from next to the fake tree.

"Yes! I got the middle one!" Buck grinned childishly while holding the finger up in the air earning a laugh from Savanna seeing a detached middle finger flipping her off.

The three turned to Bobby who was shining his flashlight on the ice looking at it intensely. "Hey... hey, Cap. We... we found all the fingers." Buck informed their captain while watching him confused.

"Cap, victims are being transported. Our work here's done." Chimney and Hen walked back into the ice rink.

"Great." Bobby spoke still examining the ice before a grin fell on his face, "Found it." Bobby picked something up from the ice.

"What's that?" Savanna questioned, confused.

"A sequin. When your blade runs across one of these, it stops your skates dead in their tracks." Bobby informed them, fiddling with the sequin.

"Wait, one sequin did all of this?" Buck asked, still holding the cooler of severed fingers.

"A wardrobe malfunction can be the most dangerous part of figure skating." Bobby shrugged.

"So how come you know so much about figure skating?" Chim asked as they all looked at Bobby, a raised eyebrow.

"My partner Heidi Shatsky and I were Twin Cities Junior Pairs Champions three years running." amusement crossed Savanna's face.

"I always thought you were a hockey player, Cap." Eddie bite back a laugh.

"Who says you can't do both?" Bobby smirked walking past his team who watched him walk.

"I'm so asking Athena for pictures." Savanna spoke as Chimney pointed at her as they began walking back to the truck.

• • •

Savanna just finished cleaning the house, Sabrina was at a friend's house and Savanna's period was coming soon which meant she had the monthly urge to clean her house top to bottom. The doorbell ringing caused her to stop the music blasting through the speaker as she looked at the camera monitors she saw Eddie at her front door, opening it with a frown the first thing she said was "Sabrina's not here." it had become a usual thing for Eddie to take Sabrina on outings such as lunch with him and Chris or to the zoo a part of the reason why was because it meant seeing Savanna even though they were arguing and another part was because the Sabrina and Eddie had grown close and he felt fatherly to her.

"I'm here to talk to you actually." Eddie spoke looking at her.

"Are you done lying?" Savanna instantly shot back earning a deep sigh from Eddie before a nod. Savanna stood for a second before moving out of the way to let Eddie into her home, Eddie took in the clean home.

"Are you going to tell me what's actually been going on with you? Because honestly Eddie I've tried to give you the time and space because I know how hard Shannon's death is for you but if you weren't ready for another relationship you shouldn't have asked me on that date. So you need to tell me right here right now what the next move is." Savanna demanded looking at Eddie who stood several feet away from her.

"I'm sorry." Eddie's voice was soft unlike Savanna's making her take a deep breath.

"The truth is I'm terrified... I'm terrified that I'm going to lose Chris, that I'm going to lose you like I did her," Tears clouded Eddie's vision, "I can't lose you Savanna and instead of admitting it I pushed you away and I lied to you and I'm so sorry." Eddie's voice waved as he approached Savanna.

"Eddie.. I wish I could promise you that you won't lose me but the truth is, we run into fires for a living and a part of the job is preparing yourself for the possibility of not making it home but I will fight tooth and nail to make sure you never have to lose me." The space between Savanna and Eddie was growing smaller and smaller.

"Promise, promise me you'll let me go first." Eddie demanded looking her in the eyes and Savanna breathing flattered, she didn't know if she wanted to make that promise to live in a world without Eddie Diaz felt impossible for her but she knew how much he needed this promise, "I promise." Savanna's voice was airy as she spoke almost as if the words took all the air out of her lungs.

Eddie's hands gripped Savanna's waist pulling her flush against him, their foreheads resting on each other while they just stood there basking in each other's presence. "I need to show you something." Eddie spoke after a few minutes of silence.

Savanna pulled back slightly looking at Eddie, "What is it? I swear if you bought that stupid waffle maker that was like a hundred bucks I'm telling Athena to arrest you." Eddie laughed lightly, squeezing her hips.

"It infuses the perfect amount of syrup into the waffle mix." Eddie defended himself.

"You're the only one who eats waffles, Edmundo." Savanna grinned at him.

"Just because you, Chris and Sabrina like pancakes more doesn't mean we shouldn't buy it." Eddie pouted like a child.

"No we shouldn't buy it because we are perfectly capable humans who can make their own waffles with a ten dollar waffle iron." Savanna shot back as Eddie shook his head.

"Well it's not a waffle iron, it's something bigger." Eddie told her as he began leading her outside.

"Holy shit." Savanna's eyes lit up a GMC truck parked in her driveway. "You did not actually buy it." Savanna laughed.

Eddie had wanted a truck since he moved to LA but hadn't had the time nor money to do so. "Chris and I were sitting in traffic when the AC went out, again so I pulled over at the dealership and bought a new one."

• • •

Savanna was sipping on her coffee when Eddie and Buck came up the stairs, the ladder of the two holding a big package wrapped in paper. "What's that?" Savanna questioned making Chimney turn to the two approaching males.

"This is courtesy of Hedi Shatsky" Buck unwrapped the life size cardboard cutout of a young Robert Nash in his ice skating front.

"Oh my god it's so much better than I thought it would be!" Savanna burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Eddie and Buck stood blocking the cutout while Savanna tried to contain her laughter as Bobby began announcements. "First up, water heater went out last night, but they are sending someone to fix it. Until then, you might wanna brace yourselves when you hit the showers." Bobby spoke looking at his clipboard.

"Boo!" Savanna announced her distaste for the broken water heater.

"We're also changing the lunch schedule." Buck cut Bobby off by imitating a trumpet while he and Eddie moved out of the way revealing the cutout.

Chimney quickly pulls out his phone taking a picture of Bobby's confused face, "Captain Robert Nash...this is your life!" Savanna couldn't hold the laughs in anymore between Buck imitating gun fire and Bobby's complete look of amusement.

"Oh, my gosh. Where did you get that?" Bobby asked, smiling at the picture.

"Heidi says hi. She's gonna email you later. She didn't wanna ruin the surprise." Buck informed him, still smiling.

"I think we all had a little surprise this morning. Not sure what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't that hair!" Chimney dramatically points at his hair.

"Yeah, Cap, what is this look? Is it some kind of Travolta thing" Savanna questioned, still sitting on the bar stool.

"Not Travolta. Bowie." Eddie, Buck, Chimney and Savanna raised an eyebrow at him, "Ziggy Stardust?" Bobby tried to clue them in.

"This feels a little more Siegfried and Roy." Savanna waved her palm at the cutout.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to take Denny to school." Hen trailed off as she took in the cutout, "What did I miss?" Hen was obviously trying to hold back a laugh.

"Okay, for everyone who isn't fired, I will not be cooking today. We're having a special guest chef at lunch." Bobby informed them, earning immediate protest from Savanna, "What No! It's pasta Thursday!" Savanna pouted like a child.

"Not today." Bobby told her, grinning.

• • •

Savanna and Eddie sat on the coach, her head in his lap while Athena prepared lunch. "Hey, I was wondering if you could watch Chris tonight? Just for a few hours." Eddie didn't offer anymore of an explanation; he simply looked at her.

"If I ask you why you need me to watch him tonight would the answer be something Athena would have to arrest you for." Savanna questioned clenching her jaw, Eddie froze looking at her.

"¿Crees que soy estúpido Edmundo?" Savanna hissed at him intently, switching to a language she knew her team and Athena didn't understand. (do you think i'm stupid Edmundo?)

"¿De verdad me estás dando a tu hijo por la noche para que puedas ir a darle una paliza a un tipo?" (Are you really going to give me your son for tonight so you can go beat up some guy?)

Eddie 's jaw clenched at her words, "¿Podemos por favor no hacer esto aquí, por favor?" (Can we please not do this here, please?)

By now the heated conversation had grabbed the attention of the nosey first responders standing around the kitchen island. "What do you think they're talking about?" Buck whispered looking at Athena, Hen, Bobby and Chimney.

"Something to do with Chris." Hen answered, earning a confused look from buck.

"Tu hijo is your son." Hen informed them.

"What else can you make out?" Bobby asked, squinting.

"Not much else they're talking pretty fast." Hen informed them.

"¡Lo que estás haciendo es estúpido e imprudente! podrías terminar en la cárcel, en una cama de hospital, o incluso enviar a alguien más al hospital, ¡posiblemente en una bolsa para cadáveres! ¿Así que lo que? ¿Qué pasa con Chris? ¿Sabrina? ¿Qué hay de ella? Vamos, Eddie, sabes cuánto te ha gustado ella. ¿Qué sucede cuando descubre que el primer hombre que deja entrar en su vida termina siendo tan violento como el hombre de sus sueños?" (What you are doing is stupid and reckless! you could end up in jail, or a hospital bed, or even send someone else to the hospital, possibly in a body bag! So what? What's about Chris? Sabrina? What about her? Come on, Eddie, you know how much you've grown on her. What happens when she finds out the first man she lets into her life ends up being as violent as the man in her dreams?)

Eddie 's expression faltered at her rant, Savanna now sat on the farthest cushion from him, "Eddie, entiendo el enfado, créeme que sí, pero esto sólo tendrá un resultado y no es bueno." Savanna's voice didn't hold the harsh tone it did a moment ago as she looked him in the eyes. (Eddie, I understand the anger, believe me I do, but this will only have one result and it's not good.)

"Sabrina tiene una sesión de asesoramiento de tres a cuatro, por lo que puedes dejar a Chris en cualquier momento después de eso." Savanna finished the discussion standing up and she turned to the nosey first responders who quickly turned acting like they weren't trying to understand every word that was just spoken.(Sabrina has a counseling session from three to four, so you can leave Chris anytime after that.)

"What are you cooking?" Savanna came and stood on the left side of Athena who hovered over a pot on the stove, Bobby was on her left and across the island sitting on the stools where Buck, Hen and Chimney.

"Food." Athena answered, earning an unamused look from Savanna.

"Go set the table." Bobby handed Savanna the plates, Buck silverware, Chimney the napkins and hen cups.

• • •

Savanna sat between Bobby and Buck devouring the lunch Athena made for them. "I still think it's ridiculous you got suspended for solving a murder. But I might get over that if you keep bringing us food." Chimney spoke, still stuffing food in his mouth.

"Well, the brisket is my special recipe. You just smoke it low and slow for 14 hours." Savanna winced as she watched Buck go for the salt, "And then you turn it..." Athena stopped sucking in a sharp breath looking at Buck who glanced at Bobby who subtly shook his head. Buck quickly shook his head putting the salt down as Savanna took a drink of her water to hide her laughter.

"She's been cooking at home too. Every meal's been a feast." Bobby spoke, smiling at his wife.

"Have you ever considered being suspended forever?" Eddie asked as Athena let out an amused laugh while Bobby glared at Eddie, "Not that your cooking isn't good, Cap." Eddie added as Bobby gave him a sarcastic Hum.

"Well, I like both your food equally." Buck smiled at them.

"Oh, I'm not liking it. I'm loving it. So when I go back for seconds," Hen waved her knife in the air, "y'all better watch your fingers." She finished earning laughs from everyone.

Hen's phone began ringing, "Cheryl? No, I'm at work." Hen got up from the table as Athena, Savanna, and Chimney looked at eachother.

"So," Buck began drawing the attention to him, "Savanna, Eddie how's it going."

Savanna glanced at Eddie who sat across the table from them before chugging her water. "We're good."

• • •

The team got dispatched to the hospital where a car drove through the emergency room entrance "I'm not sure why we're even here." Savanna spoke to Hen and Chimney as they watched the hospital staff use their own gurney to wheel the victims away.

The paramedics waited for them to move the car out of the way so they could get to the doctor who was penned. Savanna rushed over putting a C-collar on her "One,Two three," The three lifted her onto the gurney before turning her around only to be met with the hospital staff.

"She's all yours." Savanna smiled at them sarcastically.

Savanna turned to grab her bag. "I'm tellin you Hen." Chimney spoke as he turned around only to see Hen walking off.

• • •

"How was it?" Savanna just picked Sabrina up from her counseling appointment.

"It was fine we only skimmed the surface today." Sabrina shrugged, buckling her seatbelt.

"So Chris is coming over tonight so I thought, dinner and a movie?" Savanna suggested.

"Sure, we should watch Hamilton." Sabrina suggested earning a look from Savanna.

"Don't knock it till you try it!" Sabrina pointed at her.

"Fine, Fine." Savanna shrugged in defeat.

"Sabrina! I swear to god if you touch me with that thing- Ahh!" Sabrina just learned of Savanna's distaste for frogs, they just got home where a giant frog sat on the front porch causing Savanna to jump away in disgust. Sabrina now held the frog in her hands changing Savanna around the yard. "Sabrina!" Savanna yelped.

"Savanna he just wasn't a kiss!" Sabrina called after her. Savanna watched Eddie's truck pull into the driveway from the other side of the yard turning and she swiftly passed Sabrina making a b-line for Eddie who just got Chris out of the car, grabbing him she planted him between herself and Sabrina. Eddie stood between the two of them completely amused by the situation.

"If you don't put the frog down, I'm ordering all cheese pizza." Savanna threatened the girl earning a gasp.

"That's just a horrible thing to say and do!" Sabrina pouted looking at Chris, "isn't that right chris?"

"Yeah!" Chris cherred earning an amused shake of the head from both Eddie and Savana knowing Chris hated anything besides cheese pizza.

Sabrina finally put the frog down and Savanna stopped hiding behind Eddie, "Go wash your hands before you get warts." Savanna smirked at Sabrina.

"That's literally a myth." Sabrina shot back.

"Is it?" Eddie tilted his head playing along.

"Is it not?" Sabrina's eyes widened before she rushed into the house to wash her hands.

"Come on Corazoncito, Sabrina has demanded we watch Hamilton." Savanna smiled down at Chris who scrunched his face up in confusion. (Sweetheart)

"What's that?" He questioned.

"Oh just you wait." Savanna smiled.

"We'll see you later." Savanna smiled weakly at Eddie letting it be known she wasn't happy he was doing this.

• • •

Savanna laughed looking at Chris and Sabrina who were both passed out on her coach cuddled up together Nova laying on their legs, taking a picture she set it as her wallpaper. Hearing the automatic turn of her keypad lock on her front door, her attention turned to Eddie who quietly walked through the door, looking up as he scanned the dim room. The only light was coming from the TV and a lamp his gaze stopped on the oversized accent chair savanna laid on her side slightly crunched up a blanket covering her. Eddie walked over to her.

He sat down by her gaze and stayed glued to the Tv placing his hand on her pelvis bone he squeezed it making her look at him. When Savanna's gaze met Eddie's sat up making Eddie's hand fall into her lap grasping her face she scanned over him, the look in his eyes made her stomach churn "You were right." Eddie whispered weakly.

"Querido, what happened." Eddie's eye's scanned Savanna's face, never once looking her in the eyes, letting his head hang with Savanna's hands still holding his face. (Darling)

"I went too far, I went too far and I almost killed him." Eddie's eyes filled with tears.

Savanna wasn't sure what to say when it was Carter she scolded him but Eddie didn't need to scolded he already knew how bad he messed up. Savanna pulled Eddie into her wrapping her arms around his neck, Eddie's arms instantly shot around her waist wrapping tightly around her waist as he buried his head into her neck taking in the scent of her perfume, coco cashmere.

"You have to talk to someone Eddie, this isn't safe, it's not healthy, I don't care who you talk to but you have to with someone, I'm putting my foot down you get help or I tell Athena what you've been doing." Tough love was something Savanna was raised on and she knew how much in the moment the decision hurt but she wouldn't be the one notifying Chris his daddy is dead or in jail.

"Okay, I'll find someone, no more fighting." Eddie spoke into her neck.

"Lay down." Savanna demanded laying back down in her previous position Eddie climbed behind her pulling him into him both of them quickly fell asleep.

• • •

"Well, look at you, Officer Gray." Savanna smiled as she approached her brother and Tim who has been placed as his TO.

"Savanna what are you doing here?" Carter smiled as he hugged his sister.

"It's my day off and I assumed you two would need lunch so brought some." Savanna held up an insulated back which held chicken alfredo she made herself.

Carter and Tim instantly grinned, snatching the bag from Savanna hands. "Thank you savanna, you're the best ever." Savanna mocked rolling her eyes.

"Thank you Savanna you're the best ever!" Tim smiled at Savanna as they pulled the containers out along with two bottles of dr pepper.

"You're in a significantly better mood than you have been in this past month." Carter observed earning a glare from his little sister.

"I'm in a very good mood." Savanna smiled at her brothers.

"Unlike how you two are about to be." Savanna smiled at sergeant Grey who was approaching them.

"You will not believe who is in town." Grey sighed, "Clair Ivy."

Tim rolled his eyes while Carter looked at Time confused. "She's suspected in over a dozen million dollar heist." Tim informed his Rookie.

"Well it seems like you guys are about to be busy so I will see you both later." Savanna stood, "It was good seeing you Sargent Grey." All three men bid her goodbye before she left the precinct.

•••

"Hey Lena, what are you doing here? Is everything okay?" Savanna was about to enter the station when Lena walked out.

"Yeah, I was just here talking to Captain Nash." Lena gave her a short explanation.

"Oh, well it was good to see you." Savanna smiled at Lena who gave her one back before walking off.

Eddie and Bobby sat in the loft at the kitchen table "Just needed a place to let off some steam. Things got a little out of..." Eddie began, "Control?" Bobby finished for him.

"That's what this is about, right? You're the guy who always keeps it together, no matter what life throws at you. You shake it off, keep moving forward." Bobby spoke.

Eddie shrugged his shoulders, "Lots of people have it worse."

"Eddie, I just wanna make sure you don't think you have to lose everything... before you can allow yourself to feel anything." Bobby tried to look Eddie in the eyes but Eddie avoided his eyes.

"No, Christopher needs me to be in control. Sabrina needs me in control, I'm the only parent he's got left, and I can't let him down again. A-and Sabrina I can't, she's been let down enough I don't want to be one of those people." Eddie shook his head frowning at the thought.

"When did you let him down before?" Bobby questioned.

"God, when did I not let him down? I wasn't there when he was a baby. Stayed away too long, and it broke his mother. Shannon ran away, I... and I couldn't stop her. I couldn't bring her back home. So I brought him here. And let her back into his life." Eddie's eyes grew distant.

"That's what Christopher wanted." Bobby reasoned with him.

"Yeah, but... but I knew better. She already left once, broke his heart. You know, I was so afraid she was gonna do it again. She did." Eddie bit his tongue.

"She died, Eddie." Bobby spoke softly.

"I know, and I'm terrified to lose Savanna, I've already lost her once and I've let her down more times than I've ever wanted to. I don't want to lose her." Eddie looked at his hands shaking his head.

"Eddie, Savanna has been through hell and back for years she's been alone never trust anyone after what happened she was convinced she would never be able to trust someone again, and when you came along it was like a switch flipped whatever you did, whatever you said you changed her, she trusts you with her life that's not something any of us accomplished as quick as you. A Lot of people have let Savanna down and I bet if you asked her you wouldn't be anywhere on that list."

Eddie sat there, his eyes closed as he let Bobby's words wash over him, "Thank you." Eddie whispered slowly, earning a nod from Bobby.

• • •

It was Midday when the 118 got called out to a warehouse. Savanna made the decision to ride in the ambulance with Hen and Chimney both of who sat up front while Savanna sat in the captain's seat in the back still able to hear everything they were talking about. "I'm telling you, Hen, the future is here and it is terrifying." Hen was completely silent, causing Chimney to roll his eyes, "Hen!" Chimney groaned loudly in annoyance.

"I'm so... I'm sorry, Chim. I'm... I'm just a little distracted." Hen spoke, shaking her head slightly.

"Look, I know. And I'm sorry. But we can't do this without you. We need our partner back." Chimney glanced back at Savanna as he spoke with hen.

"I'm here. I'm with you guys." Hen nodded.

"Good. Let's go put down this robot revolution." Chimney cheered, earning a laugh from Savanna.

"Hey, not all automation is bad." Hen spoke, pushing the switch to turn the stop light green.

One of the warehouse workers was leading the teams back to the patient as she explained what happened, "Robot number three just went crazy." Spencer's eyes were wide as she explained.

"What kinda robot are we talking about?" Buck asked.

"Uh, transport. The company has a whole army of them. And they're used for moving heavy boxes and shelving items around the warehouse." Spencer explained.

"And it attacked someone?" Savanna questioned adjusting her medical bag on her shoulder. "Yeah, my co-worker Jerome. Uh, I heard that it just beelined for him like a suicide bomber and crashed into the end of the aisle then took down a whole row of shelves." Spencer shook her head.

"I miss brick-and-mortar." Eddie mumbled from next to Savanna.

"Any idea what caused the robot to malfunction?" Bobby asked the worker.

"Normally, their movements are really precise. It's just that, uh, number three was just gunning for Jerome." Spencer shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay, you guys can clear away. We'll take over from here. Step back, please." Bobby ushered the few workers who were moving boxes away from jerome.

"Hi, Jerome. Are you having any trouble breathing?" Savanna smiled calmly at Jerome as she kneeled down next to his head.

"No." Jeromes gasped out.

"Obvious crush injuries. Don't know the condition of his extremities under there." Chimney observed as Hen began taking his pulse.

"All I wanted was to take a leak. It's a basic human need." Jerome gasped.

"Uh, did... Did you pee on this before it crashed?" Buck asked, waving his hand in front of his nose.

"Why would you do that?" Eddie questioned looking down at Jerome as he stood over him.

"Our supervisor won't let us go to the bathroom. It ruins our pick-time." Savanna began setting up to start a line. "Yeah, according to our supervisor, Shane..." Spencer huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Where is Shane?" Bobby, irritated, Spencer pointed to a man leaning against a shelf watching the scene from a distance.

"Don't go anywhere, Shane. OSHA's gonna have a field day with you." Bobby spoke glaring at him.

"Cap, heart's racing, blood pressure's a little low and not a lot of blood. I'm gonna start a line." Savanna informed their captain, earning a nod from him.

"It could be something severed underneath but currently compressed. Ready for either extremity." Hen spoke as Savanna began the line.

"Okay, Buck, you're with me. Eddie, take the side on his arm. We need to lift the shelving unit at exactly the same time so they can work on him simultaneously. On three. One, two, three." Bobby, Buck and Eddie lifted the shelf as Chimney took his left arm savanna his right before pulling him out Jerome let out a scream. Blood gushed out of his femoral artery, "I've got brachial." Chimney called out, "Taking femoral." Savanna said after moving to his leg she dug into it trying to find the tear.

"I can hardly see the artery; it's recoiling back up." Savanna mumbled, still digging around with the clamps.

"Applying clamp and tourniquet." Chimney announced.

"Eddie, can you hold his shoulders, please?" Savanna didn't look up at Eddie as she continued to try and find the tear, Eddie bent down holding his shoulders.

"I should've just wet my pants. Ah, ah, ah." Jerome screamed Savanna clamped off the artery.

"Got it." Savanna announced.

"Damn it." Chimney hissed, still struggling to find his tear, "Hen, I need another..." before Chimney could finish his sentence Hen handed him the clamps.

Tying off the artery savanna tightened the tourniquet chimney close behind her.

Jerome's whimpering stopped as his eyes closed his head lulling to the side. "Lost his pulse. He's crashing." Hen announced as she moved to start compressions.

"Run the line wide open." Savanna looked at Chimney who opened the Iv line wider.

"We got him!" Savanna spoke as she watched Jerome's eyes open hazily.

"We need to transport him." Savanna looked at Cap who nodded.

• • •

Savanna sat up front with Hen this time while Chimney sat in the back with Jerome. "Jerome is joking about wanting a catheter, guys. I think he may have a head injury." Chimney called up to them, earning an amused smile from Savanna.

"Tell him to hold on." Hen called back smiling.

The crash happened quicker than Savanna's mind could comprehend it. They were crossing the intersection when a car crossed in front of them, Hen tried to stop but it was too late the ambulance rammed right into the drivers side of the car. The windshield of the ambulance busted causing a few shards of glass to knick Savanna's face.

Looking out of the windshield her eyes widened, "Shit." Savanna hissed quickly unbuckling her seat belt before rushing to the outside compartment she grabbed her medical bag and ignoring Chimney who climbed out of the back rubbing his neck.

"Ma'am, can you hear me? Ma'am?" Savanna tapped on the widow pulling on the door handle but the force of the crash had jammed it into place, looking around inside the car her eyes fell on the coffee cup with the name evelyn on it.

"Evelyn. Evelyn! Evelyn, can you hear me?" Savanna tried once more but it was obvious she was out cold Hen came up to the widow crying digging into her med bag Savanna pulled out the emergency window breaking hammer walking to the back window she hit it.

"What are you doing?!" Chimney called out to Savanna who was climbing into the broken window ignoring the shards of glass and blood which soaked the car. Savanna began assessing Evelyn. It didn't look good there was more blood in the car than in her body, checking for a pulse she ignored Hen screaming at Bobby and the door being pulled open.

"She's unresponsive, breathing is shallow. There's no room here. We're gonna have to pull her out." Savanna glanced at her team as Chimney handed her a c-collar which she secured before they pulled Evelyn out and onto a backboard.

"Pelvis looks broken. Thorax could be crushed." Chimney spoke aloud.

"Possible organ damage." Savanna also spoke glancing at Chimney as they both shared a grim look.

"Lost her pulse." Savanna spoke as Chimney quickly bagged her and Savanna began compressions.

Savanna continued compression for two and a half minutes before she looked at Chimney who gave her a slight shake of the head, "Time of death 15:05." Savanna announced Evelyn's time of death clenching her eyes shut as she heard hen sob from beside the engine where Athena held her back. Savanna felt a hand squeeze her shoulder she didn't have to look to know it was Eddie standing behind her, bringing her hand up she held onto his hand as they all had a moment of silence.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

157K 7.3K 45
"𝐌𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰...
98.4K 2.2K 13
"𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑔𝑛𝑎𝑛𝑡?" "𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒? ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑑𝑖𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑒?" "𝑖'𝑚 𝑎 𝑑𝑢𝑑𝑒! 𝑤𝑒 𝑡𝑒...
133K 3.1K 26
Buck is 9 when his sister leaves him and his family alone for her boyfriend Doug when she turns 18. Still at age 9, Buck realizes he's getting even l...
5K 100 11
Kaitlyn "Kate" Buckley is Buck's twin sister. She was left with her parents when Maddie and Buck left to move and decided with their lives. After 22...