The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

79

1.5K 46 59
By heartlessbrock

"So what exactly is our plan?" I asked and sat across from Sam.

"Well I mean...nothing has happened yet so maybe we can just ride it out?" He suggested as I shook my head.

"I don't want to prolong this. It's gonna be hard enough having Christmas down here." I said and leaned back.

"So what do you suggest?" He asked as I sighed. "I don't know. It may be stupid but it worked the last time." I hummed as he scrunched his brow.

"What worked?" He asked and leaned back. "I went to the house and just knocked on the door." I said as he chuckled.

"Ya know, I always knew you were a badass but that's actually more badass than I thought." He said as I nodded.

"I'm desperate for normalcy. I know it's not gonna happen though." I said then looked up.

"If you wanna be on board then that's up to you. I'm gonna go tomorrow." I said then stood up.

"Woah, I'm not apposed to it, but we know what happened last time, are you willing to risk it?" He asked as I closed my eyes.

He was right.

Pops was dangerous and unhinged. He was the sole reason Colby was dead and he could kill me or anyone with no remorse.

However, he might be impressed by my bravery to attack this head on.

The crime world was full of men who would beat around the bush to pretend like they were being strategic but in reality they were scared.

I wasn't scared anymore.

"I'm going to do it, I need you to have full control over the safety of the kids though." I said after a few minutes of silence.

"Are you sure?" He asked as I nodded. "What about the baby?" He asked quietly. 

"I'll wear protection. I just want this nightmare to be over, Sam. They took Colby away from me, I don't know why they won't leave me alone." I said quietly.

"Because you come from a lot of power. Between your dad being Quill and your boyfriend being Colby, they know that you have a lot of leverage in the game." Sam explained.

"This is all a big game with a lot of power play. Although you don't want to be, you're a big player in the game." He said as I shook my head.

"And there's no way out." I mumbled as he nodded. "Then I guess I just have to play better than everyone else." I said then stood up.

"Thanks for the cake. I really appreciate you." I said with a sigh and picked it up so I could bring it to the kids.

"What's going on in your head, Jules?" He asked as I shook my head.

"Nothing at this point. It's been a long day. I'm going to feed the kids some cake then go to sleep." I said as he sighed.

I knew he had the impossible task of reigning me in but at this point nothing mattered other than the safety of the kids.

I loved the baby in my belly but if I died it would die with me and we could be with Colby.

Of course I would rather have all of this go away but it didn't seem possible.

I had to take action.

I made my way down the hallway and towards the room we were staying in. When I opened the door, the kids looked up at me.

"Cake?" Juniper asked as I nodded. "I gotta go find some plates and forks." I said and set it down before turning to leave again.

"Julia?" Carter asked, causing me to stop and turn towards him.

"Happy birthday." He said as I nodded. "Thanks, kid." I said then left the room.

I didn't really want to acknowledge my birthday this year. It was far from happy and I just didn't care anymore.

I spent the next couple minutes looking for plates, a knife, and some forks. I remember when I first was brought down here, Colby told me they had everything here so I was bound to find it somewhere.

"Whatcha looking for?" Jake asked as I turned to look at him. "Plates, forks, and a knife." I said as he pulled a pocket knife out.

"I meant a knife to cut cake." I said as he chuckled. "There's cake?" He asked as I nodded.

"You can have some if you the stuff I need." I said as he nodded. "Follow me." He said then led the way.

We made our way down the hallway until he opened a closet.

"Party supplies." He said as I chuckled. "You do have everything down here." I said then took the plates and stuff from him.

"Bring me to the cake." He said as I nodded and made my way back down the hallway.

When we got to the room I portioned the cake out and gave it to everyone, including Jake.

"Are you gonna eat some?" Little Sam asked as I shook my head. "I'm not hungry." I said then sat on the bed and tried to get comfortable.

I was beyond flustered about this whole situation and just wanted this over with.

I knew what I had to do but I had to make moves slowly.

I had to kill Pops.

"Hey, Jake. Can you watch the kids?" I asked as he shrugged. "Yeah, where are you going?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Out. Be on your best behavior, guys." I said then went to leave the room.

I knew what I was doing was probably a bad idea but I didn't give a fuck.

I've spent too much of my life hiding away from the danger.

Before going upstairs and to the car, I stopped and grabbed two guns and a knife.

When I was leaving though, Nate stopped me.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I shook my head. "You're not gonna stop me." I said as he chuckled.

"I mean, I know you're strong willed but I don't think it's a good idea to make a rash decision." He said as I nodded.

"I'm gonna go talk to Pops. I don't think he'll kill me if I just confront him." I explained as he nodded.

"That's some good power play. I can't let you go without backup though." He said as I nodded.

"Then come with." I said then went to get in the elevator.

I didn't have the time or energy to fight, since I wanted to be back in time for the kids' bedtime.

When we got to the car, I got in the drivers side, starting it before Nate could even get in.

"Aren't you scared?" He asked and got in the car. "Not at all." I said then started driving. "You're a bad ass." He said with a laugh.

"Colby would be proud of you." He said as my eyes watered. "Yeah, if I didn't fucking kill him." I whispered, my eyes watering.

I couldn't forgive myself for what I did. The feeling of the trigger pulling and a bullet hurling towards Colby would haunt me for the rest of my life.

"I'm sorry, Jules. He knows you had no other choice." He said as I shook my head.

"Just stop talking." I mumbled and focused on the road.

We drove in silence until I pulled up to the familiar house.

"Wait here." I mumbled then got out of the car. Before he could argue I was closing the door and walking towards the house.

When I got to the front door, I knocked on the door, letting my face go hard.

"Juliana." A man said as he opened the door. "Where's Pops?" I asked blandly. "Come in." He said then stepped to the side so I could walk into the house.

He led me through the house and towards Pops' office. As I walked around the house, I felt sick.

I didn't regret coming back here, but I regretted killing Colby.

"Juliana. You're really bad at the whole crime lord thing. You don't usually go to the source of threat." Pops said as I was pushed into his office.

"Yeah, well. I don't want to be a part of this shit. You idiots keep bringing me into it so I'm gonna do it how I want." I said as crossed my arms.

"You're so much like your father." He hummed as I clenched my jaw.

"Fuck him. Just tell me what you want? You wanna kill me? Go for it." I said as he shook his head.

"You're interesting, Juliana. I think I might just keep you around." He said as I groaned and pulled my gun out.

"Cut the shit. I'm only going to ask you one more time. What do you fucking want?" I asked and held the gun up.

"I need you for a couple more tasks. I think you're naturally talented in the game." He hummed.

"And what's in it for me?" I asked, keeping the gun pointed at him, although he seemed unbothered.

"I won't kill those little kids, and I won't make you kill them either." He said and leaned back in his chair.

On one hand I would do anything to keep the kids safe, including these tasks that put me in danger.

On the other hand I couldn't trust this man as far as I could throw him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 216 75
πŸ’™Hey friends I just wanted to say I stared this 2 years ago my writing got better please give it a chance and read it all its a really good story i...
775K 19.5K 113
MATURE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE OR TOO YOUNG Sequel to Addicted. I'll fill this part out later bc as usual, I just don't know yet. Hope you e...
13K 124 23
there's some swearing and stuff ykyk not gonna say anything hope you enjoy it :) trigger warnings will be in the beginning of each chapter!!!⚠️⚠️ 26...
688K 15.5K 97
This is the sequel to Lucky! I don't really know what's gonna happen so enjoy.