When The Past Was Around

By Averil_tan

A study of Singapore's colonial past to the present because I hate my history lessons since their so boring... More

Notes
Character List (1)
Prolouge
...when other flags flew in Singapore
The British flag in colonial rule...
...and the Japanese Flag in war
There was no freedom...
...no justice...
...when our forefathers stepped ashore
Life was a struggle...
...bitter and hard...
...and families were hungry and poor
They spoke a dozen different tongues...
...though their dreams were all the same
SingaBru Oneshots (Because I need to clear the Writer's Block)
But their hopes for a better life...
...were lost when war and invasion came
Lil' announcement
After the war, we called for change...
...for the right to decide our fate.
Some wanted democracy; Others a Communist state (Side Story)
Riots and killings in our streets, years of hate and fear (ANNOUCEMENT)
People said we'd never survive as independence drew near (Incorrect Quotes)
When self-rule came, we took a vote and joined Malaysia...
...merged as one
But even friends disagree sometimes...
...and more trouble had soon begun
In shadows of silence, they used to dwell...
Twin Cinema Poetry (A Testing)
...but their calls...
...were not unanswered
But still...
...how does one learn to trust...
Cute Little Side Story
'Welcome to ASEAN, Brunei Darussalam.'
help.
Last Chapter
Update!
Prologue (Rewrite)

There was a time not long ago...

85 1 0
By Averil_tan

(This chapter was adapted from online websites)

Its another day at the harbor. Sailors and merchants unload their goods, ready for a day of trading ahead. Just a few meters away at the market that was bustling with life, the bargaining and shouting of customers and stall owners alike could be heard as some had to elbow their ways through the crowd.

The moment is shattered by a three children, two of them almost identical, followed by a younger brother, running and screaming with delight. The oldest whoops into the frigid air, his siblings follow soon. Heads turn, a dog barks, a duck skitters out further into the pond. In this island of noise the tranquil places are jealously guarded - the children expected to mirror the adults. They say you can't bottle love but I'll say they're wrong. Those three children are the proof. Have you seen them run with that bouncy stride of theirs? Have you seen how wide their smiles are or how wide they reaches for every hug? Those children are love in a bottle, just seeing them makes the rest of us glad to be alive.

And those three children were Temasek, Singapura and Singapore.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 58 8
(Discontinued! Might continue in the future) "So, we really are friends now, right?" "Yeah.." A story about two idiotic boys (I'm sorry ;)) that's st...
10K 346 13
This is the story of two brother's who come from a family of 6 members, namely the Fusion Beliung Family. The two brother's are the fusion of the lig...
11K 246 5
this happens after movie 2, went boboiboy and his friends were on a mission boboiboy accidentally sent out blaze ice and thorn together he let the vi...
1.3M 53.4K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...