The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

78

1.5K 45 139
By heartlessbrock

The next couple weeks flew by. There was a sense of fear and anxiety that was surrounding us.

Sam and I have been working at trying to get the kids packed up for LA, which was stressful.

I didn't know when we would be back here so I didn't know what we needed to pack.

Sam's been working behind the scenes with Nate, Jake, and Corey to ensure it was safe for the kids to be in the office.

As of this morning, it was finally deemed safe.

"Are you ready for me to bring these to the car?" Sam asked as I zipped up my bag.

"Uhhhh..yeah. I was thinking we could just go straight to LA after picking up the kids." I explained as he nodded.

"That's not a bad idea. Do you know if everyone has everything?" Sam asked as he took my bag. "I think so. I gave them final warning this morning." I explained as we left the room.

"Cool, we'll leave in a couple minutes." He said then went to go downstairs. I sighed then went to go get Juniper who was taking a nap.

I found myself melting at how adorable Juniper was while she slept.

That poor girl has been far from herself these days and it was breaking my heart.

There was nothing I could do to brighten her spirits, so I just had to wait until the grief settled in.

It could be a while.

"Juniper." I hummed quietly, sitting next to her as her face scrunched with fear. "Love?" I asked as she whimpered and hid her face in her pillow. Poor girl was having a nightmare.

"It's okay." I whispered and pulled her into my arms.

I was really starting to puff out, since I was getting progressively more pregnant, but I was lucky that I wasn't so big that I couldn't cuddle with Juniper.

Before I knew it she was crying in her sleep, breaking my heart even more. "I'm here, sweet girl. I'm here." I hummed, kissing her head.

After only a couple minutes she was finally waking up. "Sissy." She said and looked up at me. "Good morning." I said and brushed her hair back from her forehead.

"Scary dream." She said and hid her face in my chest. "I know, hon. We're gonna go on a little trip. Are you excited?" I asked as she frowned.

"Are we gonna forget about Colby if we go?" She asked as I shook my head. "Never." I said then kissed her head.

"Can I wear one of his sweatshirts?" She asked with a hopeful look on her face. "Yeah, come pick one out." I said then lifted her up and made my way to Colby and I's room.

When we got to the closet, I set her down and let her choose whichever sweatshirt she wanted.

It was going to break my heart when we ran out of clothes that smelled like him, so I tried to really limit when we were able to wear them.

I was leaving most of his clothes here but packed a couple things since I still needed comfort from the loss.

"This one." She said and pulled down a black sweatshirt with red lettering on it.

"Okay, kid. Arms up." I said as I took it from her. She lifted her arms up above her head then looked up at me.

I grinned then put it on her. It was hilariously cute how large it was on her five year old frame.

"It's like he's hugging me." She said as I nodded. "He gives the best hugs, doesn't he?" I asked as she nodded.

"Alright, let's get your bag then we can go." I said then lifted her up and propped her on my hip.

We swung by her room to grab her bag then went downstairs where Sam was.

"I got everyone's bags in the car and called the jet. Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked as I nodded.

"It's the safest thing to do. Even though nothing has happened here, I don't want to risk it." I said as we made our way out to the car.

It was kinda ominous, knowing someone was out to get me and someone was watching.

Nobody had tried anything and there weren't anymore notes. It was almost as if the threat was dropped.

I knew better than to let my guard fall though.

Before we went to the airport, we picked up the older kids from school.

It was their last day before winter break so it was the perfect time to do this.

"So we're leaving now?" Carter asked as Sam started driving us to the airport. "Yeah. We got your bags, so I hope you didn't forget anything." I said and looked back at them.

"Are we actually gonna be able to explore LA or like..are we gonna be trapped?" Jenna asked as I frowned.

"You're gonna be trapped. At least for most of the time. Maybe we can make a couple trips out into the public but it's just not safe." I explained.

"Understandable." She said which was surprising. I was expecting her to throw a fit but she seemed pretty cool with it.

I didn't have the energy to question it.

When we got to the airport, Sam escorted us to the private jet.

"Wooooahhh. We have our own plane?" Carter asked as I nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty insane huh?" I asked as Juniper frowned.

"Are you sure it's safe?" Juniper asked as she took my hand.

"The safest. As long as I'm here you'll be safe." I said as Sam led the way onto the plane.

Part of me was worried about going to LA since LA usually meant trouble, but I almost felt comfort in it.

Knowing that there would be so many eyes out there to protect the kids.

The plane ride was quick and easy, which was good because I knew the kids were nervous about it.

As soon as we landed though I let my mindset change.

There was a a good chance I would have to fall into a leadership role in the gang while I was here  and I had to be ready for it.

"Okay, guys. While you're down here I need you to be on your best behavior." I said as we unloaded the car.

"Can the bad guys get down here?" Little Sam asked as I shook my head. "It's arguably the only place they can't get." I explained and took Juniper's hand.

"Yeah, you guys are gonna be safe down here." Sam reiterated. "Sissy, why are we in a garage?" Juniper asked, pulling at my hand.

"We're gonna live under it." I said as we walked towards the elevator. "Under it?" She asked with confusion.

"Watch this." Sam said then opened the elevator door.

"Wooaahhh..." She hummed as we piled into the elevator.

Once we got downstairs, I let my face go hard. While I was down here I would have to be aggressive and unbothered so nobody would walk all over me.

"Alright, this is the room guys. I know it's gonna suck to share but it's only for a little while." I explained.

"Man, Jenna snores." Carter whined as Jenna smacked his arm. "Stop." She groaned as I narrowed my eyes.

"Let me know if you need anything. Jules, once they're settled just come to my office." Sam said as I nodded.

"Can I sleep with you, sissy?" Juniper asked as I nodded. "Sure, pick a bed." I said as she nodded and looked at the beds.

It was kinda weird being down here considering this room was literally built so I could stay down here.

It felt like a million years ago.

I spent the next thirty minutes or so getting everyone set up.

I left the kids so they could get comfortable and so I could talk to Sam.

When I got to his office, I knocked on the door. "Come in." Sam said after a couple seconds.

I sighed then walked in, seeing him sitting on his desk with a cake in his hands.

"Happy birthday, Jules." He said with a smile. I frowned, realizing that today was in fact my birthday.

The first birthday without Colby.

"You remembered?" I asked as he nodded. "While we were held captive, it was all Colby cared about." He said with a sigh.

"He didn't know what date it was but he wanted to be back before your birthday." Sam explained then looked down.

"Did they really keep you guys both in the same room?" I asked as he nodded.

"Yeah. I really didn't think it would end like it did." He said then shook his head, holding the cake up.

"Let me sing you happy birthday." He said as I sighed.

I felt all sorts of emotions welling up as he sang me happy birthday.

It reminded me of when Colby sang me happy birthday on my twenty first birthday. I was so upset about my dad that he tried to make me feel special by getting me a cake.

This time I was upset about Colby. To the point that I completely forgot about my birthday this year.

I didn't know if it was because I was missing Colby so much, but the way Sam's blue eyes were shining from the candle light reminded me of Colby.

I stared at him for a second before the emotions enveloped me and I leaned in to kiss him.

Sam reacted to kiss for only a second before we both pulled away from eachother.

"I am so sorry." I gasped, bringing my hand to my lips.

I really didn't mean to kiss him. I didn't mean to even remotely show any romantic attraction to Sam.

He just reminded me so much of Colby.

"It's okay, Julia. I get it." Sam said as I burst into tears. "No. That was so wrong, I am so sorry." I sobbed out as he put the cake down and pulled me in for a hug.

"It's been tense. I can't imagine the grief you've been feeling. It's really okay." Sam hummed as I cried into his shoulder.

"I miss him, too. I always knew he would meet his demise eventually, but it kills me that you were the one who had to do it." He said, his voice going thick.

"It haunts me, Sam. It kills me." I said and pulled away to look at him.

There were tears in his eyes, which set me back slightly.

Sam has been so strong throughout all of this, and I felt like he was really starting to crack.

It wasn't like I could blame him, but it made everything feel so real.

"I'm sorry." I said as he wiped his eyes. "It's okay, Jules." He said then breathed a laugh. "Maybe don't kiss me again though, you're like my sister." He said as I nodded.

"Deal." I said then reached my hand out to shake his. "Now, let's get a plan rolling so we can kill these mother fuckers." He said with a mischievous grin.

That's what I loved about Sam. He was always going to be a shoulder to cry on and he was understanding about a lot of things.

I most definitely didn't mean to kiss him, but I think it brought a little comedy to a very tense situation.

It was going to be hard, but at this point I think we both wanted revenge.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!
159K 2.5K 43
"𝙄 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙤..."
13.1K 515 46
((Book 2 of Two Lovers series)) This is why you need to be careful with your wishes.... - Cover made by: @Louis_Stylinson_28 Started writing: 11/14...
185K 5K 95
This is the third book in the heartless series, so read the other two or this will make no sense haha