Sunshine | Finnick Odair

By Aurora_M3

The love story of Aurora Nightingale and Finnick Odair. Nothing can rip the two apart not even death. - Life... More

| Characters |
| part 1 |
| part 2 |
| part 3 |
| part 4 |
| part 5 |
| part 6 |
| part 7 |
| part 8 |
Characters | 75th Hunger Games |
| part 1 |
| part 2 |
| part 3 |
| part 4 |
| part 5 |
| part 6 |
| part 7 |
| part 8 |
| part 9 |
| part 10 |
| part 11 |
| part 12 |
Characters | Mocking Jay |
| part 1 |
| part 2 |
| part 3 |
| part 4 |
| part 5 |
| part 6 |
| part 7 |
| part 8 |
| part 9 |
| part 10 |
| part 11 |
| part 12 |
| part 13 |
| part 14 |
| part 15 |
Characters | Rebelion |
| part 1 |
| part 2 |
| part 3 |
| part 4 |
| part 5 |
| part 6 |
| part 7 |
| part 8 |
| part 9 |
| part 10 |
| part 11 |
New beginnings
Photo Album

| part 9 |

443 5 2
By Aurora_M3

3 years later. Just after the 69th Hunger games.

Charity was walking Aurora down the Aisle, she was wearing the dress from her wedding day. The couple decided on a beach wedding with just Mags, Avanna and Charity that way Snow wouldn't find out. The couple were very secretive of their relationship makings sure Snow never knew or the consequences would be severe.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to marry Aurora Nightingale and Finnick Odair. Their love is one we always knew would happened which is why I am so honoured to be marrying them today"
Charity tried her best not to cry while marrying us but a few stray tears falling down her face were noticeable. "Now I believe you have your own vowels prepared"

"My sunshine, you make my world complete. You have made me smile during the darkest times of my life.
When everything was going wrong I knew I could talk to you. Your smile is contagious, just seeing your face brightens up my life. I love you so much. If I could have anyone in the world I would choose you every time. I'm so lucky to be marrying you and I knew I would ever since you called me fishface"

Aurora laughs, looking up to the sky trying her best not to ruin her make up. She takes a deep breathe before looking into the eyes of the man she loves.

"Your arms feel more like home then any house ever can. I get lost in your ocean eyes but it's a type of lost that's exactly like being found. You are the greatest thing to have ever happened to me, ever since you stepped onto that train I knew you were different from the rest. You have been with me throughout the bad times and the good. Although, I can be difficult you love me anyways and I will always love you for being you"

Finnick quickly wipes away his stray tear, while Aurora just gives up, letting them fall.

"Do you Aurora take Finnick to be your husband?"

"I do" She says proudly, with a bright smile plastered on her face.

"And do you Finnick take.."
Everyone laughs as he says
"I do" before Charity can even finish.

"By the power invested in me, I pronounce you Husband and Wife, you may kiss the bride"

Finnick gently grabs Aurora's waist pulling her into a passionate kiss as she wraps her arms around his neck, deepening the moment.

--------------

"Good morning, my wife" he smiles looking down at me lying on his chest.

"Good morning, my husband" I laugh. I still can't believe that we're actually married.

"How do you feel now that we are married?" He asks me.

"I couldn't be more happy" I say smiling at him.

"Good" he says before picking me up and placing me on top of him. I lean down giving him a kiss. The kisses become more passionate and heated...

--------------

It has been two months since mine and Finnicks wedding.
I'm now leaning my head over the toilet throwing up my breakfast for the third time this week. Fuck.
Stupid honeymoon. This cannot be happening, but I can't be in denial after my doctor's appointment.

"Are you ok love?" Finnick shouts from the bedroom.

"No. I am not ok" I get up off the bathroom floor and flush the toilet. I walk into the bedroom and lay down on the bed leaning my head down on Finnicks bare chest.

"Have you got a stomach bug?"
This boy is clueless. He can't really be that stupid. Can he?

"No you idiot, try and use that pretty little brain of yours"

"What?" He asks even more confused now.

"I'm pregnant, and it's all your fault. Snows going to kill us" I mutter put. I feel my chest tighten as I begin to think of Snows reaction. He can't know.

"Hey, hey it's ok. Look at me Rory. It's gonna be ok" he tries to assure me.

"No it isn't. Snow is going to find out and he'll kill us. Or are you forgetting that we have to seem desirable to the Capitol which means no relationship. And certainly NO BABIES" I manage to say as tears stream down my face as my breathing quickens.

"I need you to breathe for me ok? We will think of something he doesn't have to know. Now, please just brething with me. In 1,2,3,4 and out 1,2,3,4" Finnick tells me. My breathing slowly calms and comes back to normal.

"Sorry I got my tears all on you" I laugh.

"It's ok I don't care about that, I care about you. And this baby" he places his hands on my stomach.

"How are we going to hide this from snow?, it's a whole fucking human"

"I don't know, but we have time to think of something before you start showing" he says as he strokes a comforting hand up and down my back.

"This is going to be stressful" I sigh as I sink into bed.

"Hey, no stressing. It's bad for the baby"

"Right, I have a tiny human in me. Oh my god, I have a tiny human in me. How the fuck am I meant to grow a human and push it out? This is Fucking impossible. I hate being a woman" I groan in frustration as the gravity of the situation settles in.

"What did I just say about stressing?" He laughs.

"No uterus, no opinion. Until you have to grow a human you have no say in this."

Finnick instantly shuts up, putting his hands up in surrender.

--------------

I'm now 6 months pregnant and my bumps beginning to show. I came up with this crazy idea that if I break my leg I wouldn't be able to go to the Capitol to be a 'prostitute'. Finnick being a lot smarter than me said we should just fake the injury instead of actually doing so.

"How are you feeling?" Finnick asks.

"Like a hormonal woman who's 6 months pregnant" I remark sarcastically, my hands supporting my back.

"Sounds about right then" he laughs.

"In 3 months we are going to have a baby, can you believe that?" I smile. I can't believe after everything, we actually have a chance of having a family.

"It's crazy after all we have been through, we get a family" he says.

"A family we have to hide from everyone but the members of this household" I say brining his mood down.

"I never said it was ideal"

I sit down on the rocking chair as I watch Finnick attempt to build a crib. Key word being 'attempt'. I laugh watching him struggle. It's amazing how at 14 he won the hunger games but is being defeat trying to build a crib.

"I can help" I look over to see Avanna standing in the door way with some tools. For being young she is very good with a tool box.

"I'm fine, I don't need help" Finnick says dismissing the young girls offer.

"Well I'm helping you anyways. I'm not having you build an unstable crib for my niece or nephew" she sates as she walks over, sitting next to him on the hard wooden floor.

"Your acting as though I'm going to kill my own baby"

"With your constitution skills you probably will" Avy jokes, swinging a hammer around in her hand.

"Avy, can you please not kill my husband with a hammer?" I laugh at how close the hammer was to hitting Finnick.

"Fine, but only because you asked nicely" she smirks, placing the hammer down.

Jesus this girl, I wonder where she gets it from. As if reading my mind Finnick says "you know she gets this from you right"

"So? What's your point" I snap at him.

"Nothing, forget I said anything"
--------------

"This baby needs to hurry up and come out of me, I can't take this anymore" I grown in frustration.

"What's wrong" My mum asks me, concerend.

"I've got up to pee 4 times today and I cried when I saw a baby bird by itself. This baby is driving me crazy and it's father has left me to sleep with other women" I say as I dramatically collapse onto the sofa.

'You know he has no choice about that. He hates it just as much as you' Mags signs to me.

"I know. But I'm still gonna complain about it"

She shakes her head at me and smiles before her and mum leave for their evening stroll.

"Hey Avy, how are you?" I ask seeing my tired sister walk into the living room.

"I'm tired, can you sing me to sleep?" she asks. She sits down next to me placing her head onto me.

"Of course, what song?"

"That song mum used to sing to you"

"Are you, are you comin' to the tree? Where they strung up a man, they say, who murdered three. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree,
Are you, are you comin' to the tree,
Where dead man called out for his love to flee?" I sing softly too her, until I look down and see her fast asleep snuggled into my chest.

--------------

"I'm home" I hear Finnick call out as I get up from the sofa.

"Hello, welcome ho.." I stop mid sentence as I feel a liquid trickle down my leg.

"Sunshine, are you ok?" he asks worried.

"No, my water just broke"

"What?!" He asks alarmed.

"I'm having this baby" I reply surprisingly calmly.

"How are you so calm right now?" He asks as he paces up and down the room.

"If I can survive the hunger games at 12 I think I can survive labour at 19"

13 hours later and I had given birth to a beautiful baby boy. Who we named Caspian or Cas for short, after Casper.

1666 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 239 23
Amity Tides may have survived the 70th Hunger Games but will she survive the life of a victor? - A Finnick Odair x OC love story [This is a MATURE bo...
295K 6.4K 22
This is an AU of sorts so not everything is like the movie/book Finnick Odair and Y/n Y/l/n are both Victors of former hunger games. Not to mention b...
11.4K 354 10
ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ ɢᴀᴍᴇꜱ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅᴇꜱᴛʀᴏʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜʀᴇꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴇxᴀᴄᴛʟʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴏᴏʀ ᴀʟᴇxɪꜱ ʀɪʙʙᴏɴ. [ꜰɪɴɴɪᴄᴋ ᴏᴅᴀɪʀ x ᴏᴄ] ᴘᴜʙʟɪꜱʜᴇᴅ: 05.0...
152K 1.7K 36
you're on your own, kid you always have been ⦗ pre hunger games ⇾ mockingjay pt. 2 finnick odair x female! oc cover by GIRLDIRT ⦘