Auburn RWBY (RWBY x Male OC...

By AzureEclipse09

On hold until Volume 10. Son of Miguel (L/N) and wielder of the Silver Eyes, Azure (L/N) is a young man who d... More

Bio
Meeting the Rose
Shining Beacon
Initiation
A Badge and A Burden
In the Forever Falls
Stray Cat and Lone Wolf
Black and White (Volume 1 Finale)
Investigation
Dance Dance Infiltration
Search and Destroy
Breach at Vale (Volume 2 Finale)
Round One, Challengers!
Brawl in the Family
Fall
Battle of Beacon
End of the Beginning (Volume 3 Finale)
The Next Step
Friends and Family
Tipping Point
A Much Needed Talk
No Safe Haven (Volume 4 Finale)
Welcome to Haven
Lighting the Fire
Reunions and Rest
Calm Before the Storm
Battle of Haven (Volume 5 Finale)
Special Chapter: Ruby's Birthday
Argus Limited
Alone in the Woods
A Dead End
The Lady in the Shoe
Our Way (Volume 6 Finale)
Special Chapter: Azure's Book
Team AVRN Volume 7
The Greatest Kingdom
Pomp and Circumstance
A Night Off
Cordially Invited
Out in the Open
The Enemy of Trust (Volume 7 Finale)
Divided Teams
Faults
Our Message
In the Dark
Taking a Risk
The Final Word (Volume 8 Finale)
Strange New World
In the Ever After
Checkmate
The Cat and the Herbalist
Unexpected Arrivals
Confessions
Trouble
Reawakening (Volume 9 Finale)
*Important Discussion*
AVRN Chibi - Azure
AVRN Chibi - Vert
AVRN Chibi - Rosa
AVRN Chibi - Nero
AVRN Chibi - Team AVRN
AVRN Chibi - Extras (Finale)

Best Day Ever

654 7 6
By AzureEclipse09

Hey there! We are now starting Volume 2 of RWBY. Things are going to ramp up from the previous volume. Sit back, get some food, because there will be a lot of it soon. It will be messy! And it will be delicious! Let's do this!

Also, I really like the food fight scene very much! It was both chaotic and fun seeing it. The picture above is wonderful, even though I don't know what they're saying. Disclaimer: I do not own this picture. It belongs to the artist uni_suke.
———————————
*Azure's POV*

It was a normal day for all of us. In the Beacon Academy cafeteria, me and Nero were sitting together with Team RWBY. At another table was Vert and Rosa sitting together with Team JNPR. While Blake was looking over some notes, Yang slides up next to her.

Yang: "Whatcha doing?"

Blake: "Nothing. Just going over notes from last semester."

Yang catches a grape in her mouth.

Yang: "Lame."

Nora giggles as she continues to toss grapes at Yang with her spoon. Yang catches the fruit with ease, giving Nora the thumbs up. Next thing you know, I saw Ruby slam a giant binder onto the table, catching everyone else off guard. She clears her throat and starts gesturing to everyone.

Ruby: "Sisters... Friends... Weiss."

Weiss: "Hey!"

Ruby: "Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream."

Yang: "This ought to be good." She catches another berry in her mouth.

Ruby: "A dream that one day, the four of us will come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had... ever!"

Weiss: "Did you steal my binder?"

Ruby: "I am not a crook." She said while making peace signs.

Azure: "She looks innocent." Weiss gave me a glare.

Blake: "What are you talking about?"

Ruby: "I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!"

Yang: "I always kick my semesters off with a "Yang"! Eh? Guys? Am I right?"

Azure: (chuckles) "I get it."

Yang: "Aw, thank you, Azure!"

An apple is tossed at Yang and hits her in the face. She glares at Nora.

Nora: "Booooooooo!"

Ruby: "Look guys, it's been a good two weeks and between more exchange students arriving and the tournament at the end of the year, our second semester is going to be great! But, classes start back up tomorrow! Which is why I've taken the time to schedule a series of wonderful events for all of us today."

Weiss: "I don't know whether to be proud or scared of what you have in store."

Yang picked up an apple and tosses it across the room. She misses and it hits a random person who shouts and Nora can be heard giggling.

Blake: "I don't know. I think I might sit this one out."

Azure: "Aw come on, Blake. This could be fun!"

Weiss: "Sit out or not, I think that however we spend this last day, we should do it as a team!"

Nora: (shouting) "I got it!" I look to see Nora with a pie in her hand, ready to throw it.

Weiss: "I for one think that-" Weiss gets interrupted by a pie landing on her face.

We all look to see Nora pointing at Ren who has his head in his palm. Pyrrha's hand is over her mouth. Jaune sits staring wide-eyed while covering his ear with his palm. Vert is sitting there with a disappointed face directed at Nora. And Rosa has her head underneath her hands, protecting herself from what could happen next.

*3rd Person POV*

Outside the cafeteria, Sun and a blue-haired guy are walking together as Sun relates the events which took place during the last chapter.

Blue hair: "Man, that's harsh."

Sun: "I know, we were all fighting side by side. She was super fast, he was very strong and I threw a banana at a guy, which sounds gross, but it was awesome."

Blue hair: "Nice!"

Sun: "Right? And the best part is, they're Faunus. But that's a secret, okay?"

Blue hair: "Got it." Sun leans in close in order to stress the importance of this secret.

Sun: "And not a, "I'm gonna go tell Scarlet the second Sun turns his back secret", I'm talking secret secret."

Blue hair: "Whoa, chill out, man, okay? I got it. I got it!"

Sun: "You better." The view shows the windows into the cafeteria where food splatters into the panes as students run around. At one point, Jaune is the one splattered into the window. "I just don't want to screw this up, you know? The people here are the coolest! No offense to you guys."

Blue hair: "None taken."

Sun: "They're just in here. I'm really excited for you to meet them. So be cool, okay? You're gonna be cool, right?"

Blue hair: "Dude." Sun looks at the blue-haired guy from his feet to his face. The guy's teeth gleam as he smiles.

Sun: "Good point."

*Back to 1st Person POV*

While people were screaming and exiting the cafeteria, Team JNPR were currently building a tower of tables away from us. This turned into a food fight between Team RWBY and Team JNPR. As for my team, we split off into our respective pairs. Nero and I are with Team RWBY while Rosa and Vert are with Team JNPR. After that, we heard laughing.

Nora: "Ahahahaha! I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!" Team JNPR with Vert and Rosa are shown to be standing atop the completed tower of tables stacked in a ramshackle manner. Ruby stomped her foot on a table and points at our enemy.

Ruby: "Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful!" Ruby crushes a carton of milk in her hand. "It will be delicious!"

RWBY/AN: "Yeah!"

Nora: "Off with their heads!"

Nora jumps down from the top of her tower, and the food fight began. They started by throwing a lot of watermelons in our direction.

Ruby: "Yang! Turkey!"

Yang rolls over to the turkeys and sticks her fists inside them, proceeding to block and punch the melons as they speed toward her. Blake jumps over Yang and grabs two baguettes. Yang launches her turkeys at Pyrrha, who dodges them but they end up hitting and knocking out Jaune.

Pyrrha grabs her own baguette and swings down at Blake, who blocks it with both baguettes. Pyrrha and Blake duel in a one-on-one fight. Despite Blake's attempt to disorient Pyrrha with her shadows, Pyrrha knocks her back and throws three more baguettes to Yang, with the last knocking her down as well.

Over with Nero, he and Rosa stand opposite of each other. Nero is wielding a baguette in his left hand while Rosa is holding a tomahawk steak on her right hand.

Rosa: "Fire versus ice. We both know who will come out on top. And it's gonna be me!"

Nero: "I would like to see you try. Try and defeat me, if you can."

Rosa: "All right. Get over here!"

The two run toward each other and lock food against food. Meanwhile with me, my opponent is Vert, who has a long baguette in the middle of his hand. I had two baguettes in my hands.

Vert: "Dual wielding? Now that's new."

Azure: "I decided to use what I was taught to stand a chance against you."

Vert: "No matter, I shall make you fall to your knees. Prepare yourself, Azure!"

Azure: "I would like to see you try! Here I go, Vert!" We charge at each other and I lock my baguettes against his.

Ruby uses a food tray to slide towards Pyrrha across the table and hits a baguette back at her with the same tray; Pyrrha manages to dodge the shot, but is unable to stop Ruby from knocking her backwards with the same food tray. Lie Ren and Nora then charge at Ruby, but Weiss intercepts them and uses ketchup to cause Ren to slip and crash with a group tables which are launched because of the impact.

Nora jumps through these tables to grab a metal flag pole and attach a watermelon to it. She attacks Weiss but hits Ruby instead, who manages to stand between them to protect her partner from the assault; however, the force of this impact knocks her down. Weiss grabs a swordfish and engages Nora in a one-on-one.

During that fight, I got pushed back by Vert's baguette and landed close to a pillar. After some fighting, Nora knocks Weiss into the pillar I was near. The impact knocks her out and Ruby holds her in her arms as the pillar collapses around us.

Ruby: "Weiss, Weiss! Don't leave me! Nooo!" I walk up to Ruby and tap her shoulder.

Azure: "Don't worry, Ruby! We'll avenge her!" I grab my baguettes and rush back to fight Vert again.

The fighting resumes with Yang grabs two more turkeys and duels Ren, who wields a pair of leeks. Ren is overwhelmed by Yang's reflexes and takes a lot of hits before being sent a few meters into the air by an uppercut. He recovers from the strikes and throws his leeks at Yang, but she manages to dodge them and proceeds to finish Ren by jumping high enough to punch him toward the floor, knocking him out. Nora intervenes immediately afterwards and sends Yang flying through the roof with her hammer but destroys the weapon in the process.

Over with Nero and Rosa, they continued their scuffle against each other. Things got heated, literally, when Rosa used her semblance to light herself and the tomahawk steak on fire. Nero froze his baguette, turning it into a sharp icicle. Cold and warm air surrounded them. The two rushed each other and swung their weapons at each other. When the fire and ice collided, the cold and hot air around them mixed together, causing a mini explosion that sent both of them flying away from each other and into a wall.

With Vert and I, we kept the attacks going. Vert swung his baguette around and I dodged each attack. I swung my baguettes at him and he blocked my strikes by spinning his weapon around.  He went for a forward jab, but I slid past it and I hit him using my right baguette. He jumped back and started infusing his weapon with wind. I threw the left baguette to the side and I did the same thing he did by infusing my baguette with lightning. I could only do this technique with one weapon, which is why I threw away the other baguette. We stared each other down, weapons ready, and in the next moment, we rushed at each other with determination to beat the other.

Vert: "Azure!" He shouted.

Azure: "Vert!" I shouted back.

We kept going until we hit each other's weapons. The collision between the lightning and wind attacks also caused an explosion that sent us flying into a wall just like Nero and Rosa.

Blake gets back up to dodge the debris of the roof and grabs a link of sausages. She whips it at a disarmed Nora, throwing her against two soda machines. These leak some soda cans that Nora throws at Blake, who manages to dodge them all. Pyrrha then uses her semblance on the pile of soda, causing all the soda cans to rise after Blake, barraging her and sending her flying away behind Ruby.

Ruby, the last remaining member standing, then uses her semblance to dash through the food court, causing everything to follow her through the tailwind caused by her overwhelming speed. She turns into petals and spins like a torpedo, creating a hurricane of food that come backs at the enemy. Team JNPR see this, but it picks them up from the ground and carries them across the cafeteria. Ruby stops before a wall, cracking it, and she jumps up into the ceiling.

Team JNPR are slammed into the wall and watch helplessly as the tornado of food reaches them. The fight ended with Team JNPR slammed against a cracked wall painted with soda and food. Ruby gets back down and does a superhero landing. Team JNPR slide off the wall, leaving only their outlines.

Sun and the blue-haired guy saw everything, and the blue-haired guy was drenched with soda and is not pleased. The doors behind the two open and Glynda enters the room growling. She proceeds to use telekinesis to re-organize the room.

Glynda: "Children, please. Do not play with your food!"

Nora burps aloud as Team JNPR, Team AVRN and Team RWBY try and fail to compose themselves. A screaming Yang then crashes from the ceiling into one of the tables. We all end up laughing and enjoying the moment with each other. After that, we all showered and changed into new clothes.

*Timeskip*

All of us were at the library except for Vert and Rosa, who challenged the former to a sparring session. Team JNPR were at a table by the windows either studying, reading comics, or sleeping. As for Team RWBY, they were seated at a table, playing Remnant: The Game. Nero and I were seated nearby and watching the girls play.

Ruby: "Hmmmmm.... All right... All right! Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!"

Yang: "Bring it on!"

Ruby: "I deploy the Atlesian Air Fleet! Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!"

Yang: "You fiend!"

Ruby: "And since Atlas is part of Mantle, my repair time is only one turn."

Yang: "Pretty sneaky, sis, but you just activated my trap card!"

Ruby: "Whaaat?!"

Yang: "Giant Nevermore! If I roll a seven or higher, fatal feathers will slice your fleet in two!"

Ruby: "But, if you roll a six or lower, the Nevermore will turn on your own forces!"

Yang: "That's just a chance I'm willing to take."

She rolls the dice and gets a seven, exactly what she needed. Her Nevermore defeats Ruby's troops.

Ruby: "Nooooo!!! My fearless soldiers!"

Yang: "Eh, most of them were probably androids."

Ruby: "Goodbye my friends, you will be avenged."

Yang: "Not until I draw my rewards! Which are double this round thanks to the Mistral Trade Route!"

Ruby: "Bah!"

Yang: "Oh, and what's this? 'The Smugglers of Wind Path'?"

Ruby: "Bah! Bah, I say!"

Yang: "I say, it looks like I'm taking two cards in my hand!"

Ruby: "Have you no heart? (groans) Nooo!" I go over and rub Ruby's head.

Azure: "There, there, Ruby. It's going to be okay." It seemed to have calmed her down a bit.

Yang: "Well, Weiss, it's your turn."

Weiss: "I have... absolutely no idea what's going on." Yang slides up beside her and puts her hand on her shoulder.

Yang: "Look, it's easy! You're playing as Vacuo which means that all Vacuo-based cards come with a bonus."

Weiss: "That sounds dumb." Yang starts looking through Weiss' cards.

Yang: "See, you've got Sandstorm, Desert Scavenge... Oh, oh! Resourceful Raider! See, now you can take Ruby's discarded Air Fleet—"

Ruby: (crying) "Nooo!" I continue to rub her head to soothe her.

Yang: "—and put it in your hand!"

Weiss: "Okay."

Yang: "And since Vacuo warriors have an endurance against Natural-based hazards, you can use Sandstorm to disable my ground forces and simultaneously infiltrate my kingdom!" Yang points a finger at Weiss. "Just know that I will not forget this declaration of war."

Weiss: "And that means..."

Ruby: "You're just three moves away from conquering Remnant!"

After hearing that, Weiss started talking and acting like an evil person.

Weiss: "Yes! Fear the almighty power of my forces! Cower as they pillage your homes and weep as they take your children from your very arms!-"

Yang: "Trap card."

Weiss: "Huh?"

Yang: "Your armies have been destroyed."

Weiss: "I hate this game of emotions we play!"

Weiss slumps in her chair, cries and whines. Ruby hops into Weiss' lap.

Ruby: "Stay strong, Weiss! We'll make it through this together!"

Weiss: "Shut up!" Weiss hugs Ruby. "Don't touch me!" What an ironic thing to say.

Yang: "Alright Blake, you're up!"

Blake: "Oh, um, sorry, what am I doing?"

Yang: "You're playing as Vale, trying to conquer the kingdoms of Remnant!"

Blake: "Right." I saw Jaune approaching us.

Jaune: "Hey! Can I play?"

Ruby: "Sorry Jaune, we've already got 4 people."

Weiss: "Besides, this game requires a certain level of tactical cunning that I seriously doubt that you possess."

Yang: "Uhh, you attacked your own naval fleet 2 turns ago."

Jaune: "Bring it on, Ice Queen! I'll have you know that I have been told that I am a natural born leader!"

Weiss: "By who? Your mother?"

Jaune: "A-and Pyrrha!"

Pyrrha: (waving) "Hello again!"

Jaune: "Come on, let me play your hand for a turn!"

Weiss: "I'm not trusting you with the good citizens of Vacuo!"

Jaune: "Why not? You've trusted me with way more important stuff before. I mean, you told us all that Blake and Nero are Fa-" Before he could say another word, Pyrrha darts over and slaps a hand over Jaune's mouth.

Pyrrha: "Fun-loving people, whom we all admire and respect." Jaune laughs nervously.

Everyone looks nervously at Blake, who looks obviously annoyed that her secret is out, and at Nero, who looks calm on the outside.

Jaune: "Right. That. Ladies, enjoy your battle." He bows as Pyrrha walks away. Footsteps can be heard to our left.

Sun: "Sup losers." Sun appeared, holding his fingers in a "peace" sign.

Ruby: "Hey Sun!"

Azure: "Hello there!"

Sun: "Ruby, Azure, Yang, Blake, Nero... Ice Queen."

Weiss: "Why does everyone keep calling me that?"

Sun: "I never got a chance to formally introduce you to my old friend." He said, while gesturing to the guy with blue hair next to him.

Blue hair: "Uhh, aren't libraries for reading?"

Ren: "Thank you!"

Nora: "Pancakes!"

Sun: "Shut up. Don't be a nerd."

Blue hair: "Geh, geh, geh! "Intellectual", okay? Thank you. (waving) I'm Neptune."

Weiss: "So Neptune, where are you from?"

Neptune: "Haven." He approaches Weiss. "And I don't believe I've caught your name, snow angel."

Weiss: "Um, I'm Weiss."

Jaune: "Are you kidding me!?" Poor Jaune.

Neptune: "Pleasure to meet you."

Sun: "I never took you as the board game playing type." He said to Blake.

Blake: "Right, well, I think I'm done playing actually. I'll see you guys later." She left the library.

Nora: (shrugs) "Women."

*3rd Person POV*

Some time has passed and Team RWBY alongside Azure and Nero are shown entering Team RWBY's dorm room. The two were given permission by Ruby because she needed them two to be there for the next part.

Yang: "Ugh, we should have never let him play!"

Ruby: "You're just mad cuz' the new guy beat you! See, if you had just attacked when I told you none of this would have happened."

As they enter, Blake approaches the door to leave. Weiss stopped her before she could leave.

Weiss: "Stop. Lately you've been quiet, antisocial and moody!"

Yang: "Uh, have you met Blake?"

Weiss: "Which I get is kind of your thing, but you've been doing it more than usual! Which quite frankly, is unacceptable! You made a promise to me, to all of us, that you would let us know if something was wrong! So, Blake Belladonna, what is wrong!?"

Weiss is shown to be balancing precariously on a chair's back feet. She quickly puts the chair away and returns to stand near the girls and two guys.

Blake: "I just, I don't understand how everyone can be so calm. Especially you, Nero."

Ruby: "You're still thinking about Torchwick?"

Blake: "Torchwick, the White Fang, all of it! Something big is happening and no one is doing anything about it!"

Yang: "Ozpin told us not to worry. Between the police and the Huntsmen, I'm sure they can handle it."

Blake: "Well I'm not! They don't know the White Fang like I do!"

Weiss: "Okay, between blowing up nightclubs, stopping thieves, and fighting for freedom, I'm sure the five of you think that you're all ready to go out and apprehend these ne'er-do-wells!"

Ruby: "Uh, who?"

Azure: "The bad guys, Ruby."

Ruby: "Oh."

Weiss: "But let me once again be the voice of reason. We're students! We're not ready to handle this sort of situation!"

Ruby: "Well yeah, but..."

Weiss: "We're not ready!"

Blake: "And we may never be ready! Our enemies aren't just going to sit around and wait for graduation day. They're out there, somewhere, planning their next move, and none of us know what it is, but it's coming! Whether we're ready or not!"

Azure: "She is right about that. If we wanna take down the bad guys and stop their plans, we need to stop them as soon as possible, as a team."

Nero: "I can agree on that statement."

Ruby: "Okay, all in favor of becoming the youngest Huntresses and Huntsmen to single-handedly taking down a corrupt organization conspiring against the Kingdom of Vale... say aye."

Yang: "Yes! I love it when you're feisty!"

Weiss: "Well, I suppose it could be fun."

Nero: "Our team can join you all in this."

Ruby: "None of you said aye!"

Azure: "Aye."

Ruby: "Thanks, Azure!"

Blake: "Alright then, we're in this together!"

Ruby: (gesturing) "Let's hatch a plan!"

Yang: "Yeah!"

Ruby: (gasps) "I left my board game at the library!"

Weiss: "We're doomed."

Ruby: "I'll be right back!" Ruby left the room in a hurry. Azure turned to Nero.

Azure: "Looks like we gotta notify Vert and Rosa about this plan."

Nero: "Yeah. They should be done with training right now."

Azure: "Cool, let's go!" When they stepped outside the room, Azure saw Ruby standing there. "Ruby? What is it?"

Ruby: "Oh, I was just talking to those students over there." She points behind them. "I bumped into them on accident."

Nero and Azure looked behind to see a tanned girl with green hair, a guy with gray hair, and a black-haired girl walking away from them.

Nero: "Exchange students?"

Ruby: "Yeah. They said they're from Haven."

Azure: "Okay then. Well, I gotta go tell our other half about the plan. See you tomorrow, Ruby!"

Ruby: "See you as well!" They left to go and tell the other two about the plan, and they were on board. Time to wait for tomorrow's plan.
———————————————————————
That is that! First chapter of Volume 2 done. We got through the food fight and a plan is being made right now. Next time, a plan to investigate Roman and the White Fang's plans. Stay tuned for the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 174 52
It's a new year at Beacon Academy and that means new students. Ace Dodger is one of those new students. Despite having lost both of his parents 6 yea...
8.2K 163 16
Torchwick is finally behind bars and the White Fang have been quiet for weeks, leaving RWBY and the other teams of Beacon to look forward to the Vyta...
822 7 27
RWBY AU: Volume One: In a world where the dark creatures of Grimm roam and attack its inhabitants, a profession exists to protect both Human and Fau...
1.5K 40 44
This is the story of RWBY from a entirely new perspective. Silver joins Beacon Academy but slowly learns there is much more than meets the eye. Right...