My hero academia: Dawn Of The...

By rinji17onfire

This story follows a new character named Rinji Yagi... The number one hero All Might's nephew. After the deat... More

1. USJ Attack!
2. Class 1A!
3. The Number One Hero!
4. Plus ultra!
5. After the USJ Attack
6. Let the world know that you are here!
7. Dr. Uozumi Kyuso
8. Sports Festival day
9. The Obstacle Race
10. Team Shinso
11. Seeing Endeavor
12. Izuku vs Shinso
13. Rinji's fake power
14. Izuku vs Shoto
15. Pick someone else
16. Bakugo is pissed 
17. Meeting the Akagi family 
18. Mint Green Hair
19. Who is the strongest?
20. XY-6.
21. Pick a hero name 
22. The internships
24. The underground fighting ring. 
25. Big mission info. 
26. Undercover. 
27. Looking in the mirror. 
28. The Scar...
29. A worried mother. 
30. Before Hosu City
31. Back to school!
32. Rinji's Red bandage. 
33. The final exams. 
Bonus: the sleepover. 
34. UA swimming Pool
35. Time for camp!!
36. Class A and Class B
37. Feelings Revealed.

23. Meeting Mirio Togata

186 6 1
By rinji17onfire

...
...
Back at Nighteye Agency Rinji was still training in the training room... At the beginning of his training. He went one on one with several different robots, creating a metal blade to slice through the robots like butter. Also, using his flames to push the robots back once they started to gang up on him. But now, towards the end, he was able to figure out the structures of the robots, and what made them work, and he quickly started to bend certain metal parts of the robots, making them no longer functionable.

Nighteye, Bubble Girl, and Centipeder was still in the observation room, watching him continue training.

"Centipeder... what do you think of Yagi?" Nighteye asked. Hoping to get his fellow coworkers and teammates opinions.

"From what I'm seeing right now Yagi has two really skillful quirks... i'm really surprised they're not canceling each other out but that's probably because he has worked on it for several years.. I can also see that he can adapt pretty quickly and learn on the spot. It did not take him no time at all, to figure out what made the robots function and doing this he's not doing as much damage as he was at the beginning...."

"And Bubble Girl... do you have anything to add?" Nighteye said as he pretty much hovered behind the two as he continued watching Rinji.

"Uhhh.... Not really, I mean I have noticed he hasn't took any damage which now I think about it since he's fighting robots, he's probably able to since the Metal arms when they're fixing to attack him."

"Yeah, you're right fighting robots is probably not the best training exercise. Maybe if he goes one on one with a real person then we can see what could possibly be his limits. Maybe I should put him up against Mirio Togata when he's finally able to get here....

Nighteye reached over between his two sidekicks pushing a button to turn on the intercom. "Ok Rinji that will be enough for now. How about you rest a little bit before we continue."

When he did this, the robots suddenly stopped... Rinji was kind of relieved, because he was starting to get tired.

After he left the training room Centipeder met up with him to give him something to eat, and something to drink in the little break room that they had off to the side..

He Thanked Centipeder for his meal, causing the hero to smile a little bit, and he left him alone to enjoy his meal.

Because he used his flames he was really hungry now... it turns out his family.. The Akagi family when it comes to their fire quirks they rely on food to be their fuel. And this totally explains why his family are such big eaters. They literally burn it out of them.

When he got done with his meal, he thought for a moment they were probably going to continue with training so he may need to consume more food to help him out later anyway, he was still hungry... luckily, there was a vending machine where he was and he got several snacks out of it...

Meanwhile...

Nighteye was in his office going through some paperwork, making sure that everything was caught up. He also looked through his emails waiting on a special email to arrive. He had a feeling that surely it will arrive soon.

But suddenly a blond headed, boy made his way through the office door with excitement. " Sorry I'm late sir. I completely forgot to send the proper papers in to the school. That's why I was so behind but everything's good now."

"Mirio.. don't worry about it anyway you've made it just in time. Would you like to do one on one sparring with my new intern?"

"Really you have a new intern!!! I thought you said you didn't have room for interns! Never mind of course who is the new intern do I know them? Are they one of the first years?"

"Slow down Mirio.. just put on your hero costume and meet me down in the training room when you can I'll introduce you two when both of you get down there."

Mirio could barely hold his excitement. He quickly turned around and made his way to go and change.

Bubble Girl was ordered to go and get Rinji and bring him back to the training room.. when she open the door to the break room she was really surprised of all of the rappers in bags on the table and they're sitting at the table was Rinji eating some chips.

"WHATTTTT!!! How did you eat all of that??!!!!" She quickly hollered out really surprised that he hasn't even busted open yet.

Rinji looked a little bit surprised with her reaction, but then looked at the table, realizing that he probably went a little overboard.. " oh, sorry the meal that you guys gave me was delicious... but because of my training and using my flames I was really hungry..."

Bubble girl was still shocked as she stood at the door.... there is a moment of silence between them until Rinji spoke up... "I'm guessing that you guys are ready for me now??"

She just nodded...

So he got up putting the bag of chips that he had in his hand over his mouth, consuming the rest of the chips that were in the bag, then making sure that he threw away all of his trash that he accumulated on the table before walking out.

Bubble girl snapped out of it and started to follow him back to the training room.

When he entered the training room, he was greeted with Nighteye and a slightly older boy, with blonde hair and blue eyes with a huge smile on his face...

"Rinji Yagi I would like to introduce to you Mirio Togata. Mirio has been interning with me for quite a while now. He is a third year." Nighteye said.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Rinji said, as he slightly bowed, out of respect.

"Ohhhh!!! You're from class 1A!!! Almost all the upper classmen have been talking about your class."

"Oh, I didn't realize that."

"But I want to know if all of that stuff is true, so how about you and me spar?" Mirio said with excitement.

Rinji looked at Mirio and he was almost reminded of his uncle and his father just because of Mirio's excitement, and also smile...

"Sure I'm totally up for that, I hope you won't go easy on me. I need all the experience I can get."

"Oh trust me I won't go easy on you I promise."

They smiled at one another as they shook hands at agreement.

Everyone could tell that Both of the boys was filled with excitement.

Nighteye and his other two sidekicks returned back to the observation room. Nighteye turned on the speaker whenever you two are ready....

Rinji and Mirio were both on opposite sides of the training room and both were in there prepared fighting stance...

Rinji was thinking to himself....

He has no idea about this boy... and what his quirk can do... The smart thing to do is to let him attack first that way Rinji does not go and get in a trap or caught off guard. But the more he thought about it this Mirio boy is a upperclassman, and most likely has tons of experience, and he could be thinking about the same thing...

Rinji was right he was going to wait for Rinji to attack and quickly try to end this fight, but Mirio's curiosity would probably get the better of him and he would want to see what this class 1A student brought to the table...

"Uhhh... Sir why are they not moving?..." bubble girl asked, realizing that the boys had not tried to attack each other yet....

"Looks like both of them are trying to see which one would make the first move because both of them are hoping to do a counter attack.." Nighteye said... he quickly got back on the speaker... "One of you, or both of you need to do something we don't have all day..."

Doing this, made both of the boys slightly jump...

Rinji quickly decided to use one of his fire attacks this way he won't have to get in close but also this will have his opponent to believe that he can only do long range attacks...

Rinji quickly created flames out of his right hand, shooting it torch his opponent... but he didn't notice that Mirio continued on smiling as the flames got closer. It was going to be a direct hit, but suddenly he realize something.... The flames acted like they did not hit anything and they continued on going past where Mirio was standing like they went right through him... suddenly he realized he disappeared. He was not in front of him anymore.

Rinji quickly moved, figuring that his opponent would probably be behind him... and he was right Mirio came out of nowhere, and it look like he was going to grab him, but he quickly dodged him... to get a little distance between them since he did not know what his quirk was Rinji shout out flames from his foot creating distance...

"Was that teleportation?..." Rinji mumbled as he stood up.

"Not quite, but that would be a cool quirk! But I will say those flames are really hot. It really surprised me."

Mirio quickly started to run torch Rinji but then it look like he was going through the ground, and he suddenly disappeared. Rinji was shocked. This boy can go through things??!!

He quickly turned again, realizing  Mirio practically shot up from the ground behind him, and was going for a kick attack... this reminded him of the training and practice he did with his cousin Kaen... he was practically aiming for the same spot, probably to hoping to hit him so hard he was going to be out for the count, and practically sick..

Rinji quickly he was able to use his metal chain, wrapped on his belt and use the metal to go over his stomach to use as a shield also similar to the USJ attack... because of this move he believes that he is still here till this day.. Mirio's foot came into contact with Rinji's stomach. Instantly he figured out something was wrong, but he knew that he made contact. Rinji because of the kick was thrown a little bit. But he was able to get back up on his feet really quickly.

Because of the attack, he figured out something before his foot hit his stomach Rinji tried to stop him, or at least grab him, but his hand went through Mirio but instantly when his foot collided with his stomach, he was a solid, at least that part of his body was the gears started to turn in his head...

Mirio's slightly started to hurt. It was like he kicked a light pole.

"Dude do you have like abs of steel or something?"

"Something like that..."

Mirio knew that it would be trouble if he tried to do close combat but then again, maybe this would be difficult for him to use his flames since they're mostly used for long range attacks... but he still did not know exactly how his quirk worked...

They continued on with this, trying to throw punch after punch, or even using flames to attack..

Mirio was able to get behind Rinji quickly, grabbing him, wrapping his arms around him and throwing him back, making him hit his head, but he was still going... Mirio was surprise since he left a big huge hole in the training floor where he hit his head...

They still continued, and finally Mirio and Rinji ran at each other Mirio hitting Rinji so hard in his face it knocked him off of balance but suddenly something hit Mirio's ankle, causing him to fall as well both of them hit the ground pretty hard, and when this happened before they could get back up Nighteye announce for them to stop...

Mirio finally figured out what had happened when he punched Rinji at that moment Rinji created a metal pipe coming out of his boot because he was still having momentum as he got hit. He kicked the metal pipe into Mirio's foot, hitting his ankle, causing him to fall as well...

Mirio finally realize that there was more to this boys quirk then just fire...

Nighteye head came out to talk to the two boys...

"Hmmm.... I think that's enough for today... Rinji you actually lasted a whole lot longer than I expected... I decided not to use my quirk to see into the future... it looks like you somewhat realized Mirio's quirk..."

"Yes Sir.. I figured out if he wanted to run his feet had to be solid so he could run on the ground. If he wanted to hit me his hand or feet that was going to hit me had to be a solid, but the rest of his body was able to go through things."

"Oh really you figured it out that quickly that's pretty much more or less to explain about my quirk... it's Permeation..."

Nighteye decided to explain how Mirio's quirk works as he pushed up his glasses... "Permeation grants the user the ability to phase their body through all matter.
The user can choose to make one part of themselves intangible or their entire body. This allows one to smoothly maneuver through obstacles and effortlessly evade incoming attacks. If this Quirk is deactivated while the user is phasing through the ground or another solid object, they will be instantly repelled to the surface due to the laws of physics not allowing their own body mass to overlap with any other preexisting mass."

"Yep so Sir can explain it a whole lot better than me.."

"Interesting I bet that quirk was really hard to make it that strong..."

"Yeah it took a lot of work. A lot of people believe that I was just lucky and this quirk made me strong but I made this quirk strong.... So what about yours? I know part of yours is fire, but what's the other part?"

Rinji looked at Nighteye to see if he could explain like he did with Mirio's..

"Rinji here actually has two types of quirks... the one that you can clearly see is fire he's able to create fire out of nothing... he's able to can control the temperature and recently I found out that his flames cannot hurt his fellow teammates so he's able to surround his teammates with flames, but never hurt them only the enemy... his second quirk is metal control.. because of his bone structure is made out of a special metal material. He can actually access this and even create his body as a magnet he can also get forms of metal and change their appearance. He still working on what all he can do with both of his quirks. Sense because of his metal control. He's able to make it look like he can punch like his uncle All Might."

"Wow!!!! Your uncle is All Might yeah I remember you now.. I totally forgot. Maybe it's your suit but I remember seeing you at the sports festival."

"Yeah that was me but maybe if I had focused on what my quirks could actually do instead of trying to make it look like I had my uncles quirk maybe I could be where I needed to be now... you know experience with my quirks..."

" Well, that's why you're here now.." Nighteye said...

" also, how about you two get cleaned up and we can go on patrol for a little bit..."

"Yes, Sir!!!" Both of the boys said quickly and excitedly.
..
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 669 44
Momo Yaoyorozu has always gotten what she wanted. Good grades and friends, of course, but also attention. Always in the spotlight in her family and s...
378K 10K 116
Meet Y/n. A teenager overflowed with confidence. He's aiming to be the best hero he can be. His quirk while not flashy is one of the most versatile o...
157K 2.9K 32
Izuku Yagi, everyone's second choice. To most he was nothing more than a disappointment and painful reminder of rape. He was always tossed aside for...
5K 180 32
Eighty percent of the entire world's population are born with some type of special ability. They are called quirks. Many of those with quirks devote...