Those Chances We Missed

By raidenredux

After 6 years, Sky (F) and Tricia (B) meet unexpectedly. After what they had or didn't have back in college... More

THE CHARACTERS
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV

XII

1.4K 60 12
By raidenredux

THIRD PERSON POV

*Flashback*

It is the graduation after party of the group.

Everyone, Tee, Lyssa, Georgina, Cassey, Tricia, Sky and her boyfriend, Nico was in Lyssa's apartment for a celebration. They were in the living room, formed a circle to play Truth or Dare. There was a bottle in the middle since they decided to to the Bottle Spin to determine whose turn it is. They all already quite drunk. It was Georgina's turn and when she spun the bottle and it pointed on Tricia.

"Oohhhhhh! ARMSTRONG!!!" They all turned to him.

"Truth or Dare?" Cassey asked but Tricia didn't answered right away. She finished her shot first and took her time to decide.

"Dare." She bravely answered.

Georgina smiled mischievously but she wasn't affected by it though she knew something is playing inside her friend's head.

"Pick one from the person next to you, be it on your left or right and kiss them torridly on the lips. Make out for one minute."

Everyone reacted wildly and but Tricia's face faltered. Her seatmate on the left was Tee, who was already covering her mouth and she looked at her in disgust. Obviously, she doesn't want to kiss Tee. And on her right was Sky who seems panicking and nervous. She then looked beside her and found Nico glaring at her. The others are anticipating her choice. Some are urging her to kiss Tee playfully while others are telling to kiss Sky.

"C'mon Armstrong! Time is running! We don't have the whole night for your dare alone!"

And with that, Tricia took a deep breath and turned to her right, held Sky's face and leaned forward to kiss her. Sky on the other hand was so stunned and didn't move an inch. Too surprised to feel Tricia's soft lips on hers. The dare was to kiss torridly but unexpectedly, the kiss was way hotter that they thought. Nico, who was next to them had his fists clenched while the rest cheered wildly.

To Sky's surprise, she found herself closing her eyes and kissing Tricia back. At first, she thought she could resist being taken away by her emotions when she realized Tricia chose her. But as soon as their lips touched, she didn't realized how much she craved for the softness and warmth of her best friend's lips. She'd be lying if she would say she never imagined what it'd like to kiss Tricia. That wonderment and thought had been lingering in her mind from the moment she realized she has feelings for her. And there was a lot of times that whenever Tricia's near her and their faces were inches apart, she had this urge to pull her and kiss her. But now, feeling Tricia's lips against hers, she couldn't control herself nor has the strength to resist it. Her body couldn't stop shaking and her heart beats faster and faster. She kissed her passionately as if she forgotten about the people around them. Even Nico.

Everyone had mixed reactions, there were shocked, surprised and some of them couldn't stop but feel a romantic excitement for the two. But they were all shocked when they saw Nico got up and pulled Tricia away from Sky with all his strength. He then pushed Tricia hard and she hit against Lyssa's living room center table. Everyone gasped.

"What the hell Nico?! You don't have to push Tricia like that!" Cassey exclaimed as she run to the girl who hasn't been recovered from a hard hit.

Tee was going to hit Nico for Tricia but the others stepped in to cease the fight. But the two were both strong that it was difficult to stop them.

"Stop!!!" Sky yelled at them all and they were all stunned at her sudden burst.

*End of Flashback*

SKY's POV

My eyes flashed open and I quickly sat up in bed.

"Why the hell did I dreamed about that? Why did that memory came back?"

Then I stood up to wash my face as images pop in and out of my mind. I tried to block it away but it's in vain.

I remember that night and how awful it had been. The day after that was very awkward. Lyssa was very regretful and apologetic about the dare and Tee said sorry for how she reacted in place of Tricia that she almost hit Nico and I couldn't blame her for feeling that way. But I wasn't angry at any of them. I was angry at myself that I let what happened happen and for letting the alcohol take control of my mind for a while.
I was drunk.

But I was very mad at Nico for hurting Tricia over a dare. His strength was no match for Tricia at that time. But the was he pulled and pushed her was too much, as if her small body was about to fly. I remembered how Tricia's nose bleed when she hit the table. Though I know that I couldn't blame Nico since he was already my boyfriend then, I knew he was so jealous. Tricia and I talked a day after that night and she apologized to me.

. . . .

Flashback in Sky's POV

"Look Babe, I'm really sorry. I-I didn't think about my actions. But, it's just... my pride took over my system and hell, I didn't want to kiss Tee. I'm really sorry that I kissed you and that I hurt you and Nico. What I did was reckless."

I didn't know what to say. I wanted to tell her not to apologize that he kissed me because I wanted it, but, something stopped me from doing so. At the same time, I felt hurt because of the fact that she was sorry for kissing me. That means it was nothing. But the way she kissed me tells me otherwise. No one kissed me as tender as her. Tender but claiming at the same as if she's telling me that I am hers and she wanted me just for herself. But she was sorry and that was like a stab in my heart. In the end, I couldn't say anything. And when she walked away, I suddenly got the weird feeling that that would be the last time I'll see her so I grabbed the back of her shirt and she turned back to me with questioning eyes.

And there, I kissed her on my own accord. But when I realized what I did, I was shocked too but it felt so right. I felt her tense and for a moment I thought she was going to pull away; but instead, she wrapped her arm around my waist and pulled me more closer to her. She then held the nape of my neck with her other hand and kissed me back.

We shared a passionate and deep kisses and I felt that I was in bliss at that moment and I did not care about anything. And when she pulled away, I can see the sparkles in her eyes, as if all her dreams came true. The next day, I thought that we were going to talk about it but she wasn't anywhere. I couldn't find her at all. And that was the last day I saw her in years.

*End of Flashback*

. . . .

SKY's POV

The week after Tricia's disappearance, Nico and I broke up. I admitted what I did and he got mad, like really really mad that I got scared of him. I never saw him so angry like that but of course, I knew I deserved it. He said her was willing to forgive me though but I knew I couldn't take my mind off of Tricia so I ended it. Because if we stayed together, it wouldn't be fair to him and our relationship wouldn't be healthy. I did my best to move on from my feelings for Tricia. Through it out, our friends helped me especially Cassey, who knew all about it. She helped me cope with everything that happened.

And two years after that, I was back to my old self. I met Nico again and we became a couple again. And it has been a perfect relationship ever since. We've forgotten what happened and our relationship went smoothly, until he asked me to marry him and I said yes. But, for some reasons and whatever tricks the universe is playing, Tricia went back... accidentally and even reluctantly.

And now, my mind is messed up again even if I know it shouldn't be since I love Nico. I swear to God, I really do.

Then my mind flashed back to last night's dinner with Nico after we left our friends.

He stood up to put on a necklace on me. I looked at it and the pendant is a wishbone. I looked at him in curiosity.

"Hon, it's beautiful. But, why...?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to give it to you. I saw it earlier when I passed by a jewelry store. Do you know what a wishbone is for?"

I nodded.

"So when you want to make a wish, you have to make me hold one end with you on the other. Whoever gets the longer one makes a wish, okay?"

"Thank you, Hon." I said as I hugged him.

"You're most welcome, beautiful. Now, let's eat."

Now, looking at the necklace on my night table. And I still wonder why he wanted to give it to me.

Nico drove me back to my apartment after dinner but ai noticed how tensed he was.

"Do you want to go inside?"

He smiled weakly, shook his head as he looked at me.

"Hmmm... no. Not tonight. Because if I go in, I might just devour you."

I stopped, shocked. He never speak like that to me. But I just laughed thinking that he was just having a good time to throw a joke.

"A-are you okay?"

Only then, he laughed too.

"Nah. Just wanted to try saying that because you look so beautiful tonight, that's why."

Then we both laughed.

"Thanks hon... You look incredible yourself too, Mister. So are you gonna go in?"

Again, he shook his head.

"I have to go home. There is supposed to be some package I'm receiving from Mom today. Now, I'm not sure if it's there because no one called me."

I just nodded he took a step to close the space between us. He held my face and I looked at his eyes. They held strong desire, which I'm not sure if I am comfortable with because again, he never acted like this before. But suddenly, Tricia's face flashed in my memory and I immediately blocked it away as Nico crashed his lips on mine. The kiss was with so much passion that I'm not sure if her really is okay. I kissed back tentatively.

When we pulled away, we were both out of breath. He put his forehead on mine and placed a light kiss on my lips before he totally pulled away from me.

"Please Sky, I want you to only think of me."

And once again, I stood shocked. Then he walked away.

. . . .

"I want you to only think of me." I replayed what Nico said as I buried my face in my pillow.

"God, Skylar. You have to make this right!." I told myself and looked at my ceiling then closed my eyes, frustrated at myself.

I took several deep breaths but nothing was solved in my mind. So I stood up and changed into my jogging clothes with my phone and airpods with me.

. . . .

I've already jogged for about fifteen minutes when I saw Cassey jogging too.

"Cas!" I called out and she turned and looked at me in surprise.

"Wow! What a pleasant surprise. What miracle happened that made you get up so early?" She teased.

"Oh, shut up, Rivera."

"So, do you have work today?" She asked.

"Yeah. And that is why I am up early, Ms. Early-riser." I tease and we both laugh. We picked up our pace and ran for about thirty more minutes. After then, we slowed down walking and just walked in satisfaction.

"So, how was your date with your future husband last night?" She asked with so much curiosity wrapped in her voice.

"It was okay and fun." I answered as I wiped my sweat and remembering the time last night. But for some reason, she knew there was more.

"And hot." I followed up.

I didn't speak for a minute and she slapped my arm. I chuckled and we took a seat on a nearby bench.

"Well, Nico was acting differently last night."

Then I told her all about that happened during and after dinner. She nodded in understanding.

"You know what I think?" She started.

"What?"

"He is getting pressured by Tricia's reappearance."

I thought about it. And I knew she was right but I stayed silent, though I can say she was observing me.

"What?" I asked and I looked at her.

"What's on your mind, Skylar?"

I let out a sigh then I told her about my dream this morning and everything that flashed back on my mind. Afterwards, we were both silent for a good couple of moments. All I could do is look far away because I don't know what to think or if I can look at her in the eyes.

"I seriously don't know what to do." I told my best friend because now, I felt like crying.

Cassey hugged me really tight, which was what I needed and it didn't take long for my tears to fall. She just held me close until I stopped.

THIRD PERSON's POV

Cassey really hate seeing Sky like this. Her heart feels heavy for her best friend. She couldn't remember nor haven't seen a tear fall from her eyes ever since Tricia disappeared six years ago.

Everyone knew that Sky is a strong woman inside and out. She had a lonely childhood because she's an only child and her Mom were always away on a business trip and she never felt very close to her. Her Dad left her when she was only 3. Cassey remember Sky telling her that she would prefer to have nothing in life if it meant always having her Mom by her side. She grew up in her grandmother's care but, their grandma died when she was in college and she didn't get to say goodbye to her.

That was when Tricia came along. She then realized she loved her when they were in second year. When she knew, she urged Sky to confess but she got scared and she always facepalmed whenever her best friend chickened out and refused.

"In all other things, you're never afraid to face a challenge but when it comes to confessing to Tricia, you keep backing away. Do you know how silly that is?" Cassey always told her but she was always unaffected.

She also knew that for a long time, Tricia liked her back in college that was why she kept pushing her to confess. The whole group knew it by the way but they decided not to interfere and to just let them handle it. They thought that that night at the graduation party would make everything fall into place but they were very wrong. Things took the wrong turn and before they knew what was happening, Tricia left and Sky was broken. Then they all took some of the blame.

And now, it's this all over again. Last night, Tricia admitted that she still loves Sky and now, Sky is becoming messed up again. She's engaged and Cassey know that she loves Nico but... what she's not sure of is how deep she feels for him. She have a thought that she still loves Tricia but, she just can't be sure. They, the rest of the group, can't be sure. That's why they don't know how to help both of them. Or save them from their own misery.

Don't get her wrong, or the whole gang, they like Nico. They think he's a great man and he deserves Sky but, what they're not sure of is if he is the good man they think he is. Sure, they hang out with him but they always felt like their relationship is so perfect that it's flawed. What a strange thought, isn't it?

Sky stopped crying and her eyes are red and a bit puffy and Cassey can't help but laugh at her despite it all.

"Oh my God Cassandra, I hate you!" She told her.

"I'm so sorry but you're face looks so funny. You looked like a rotten tomato." She said in a tease. "Come on. You gotta head home so you can prepare for work. Leave all those thoughts behind. You told me that you're signing a huge client today so you gotta look beautiful without those red and puffy eyes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 4.5K 27
𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘶𝘺𝘴!! . . 𝘉𝘌𝘊𝘒𝘠 𝘛𝘖𝘗!!! . . 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧o𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘦. 𝘚𝘰 𝘳�...
180K 6.1K 44
how will work the two strangers tied unexpectedly.
116K 3.7K 22
Becky, a last year college student who fall for a professor, Freen Sarocha. Their journey is going to unfold with time. Many obstacle or difficulty m...
41.6K 2.7K 30
Can a person be totally changed after meeting someone. This is the story about, what is life, what is love, what is happiness. Please read to know t...