MINE | l. scott

By okay_ig

โ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ? ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต... More

DISCLAIMER
๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก.
๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ.
๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ.
๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ.
๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐ง๐ž.
change || 1:1
secondhand smoke || 1:7
invisble || 1:10
if this was a movie || 1:12
stay beautiful || 1:15
boy x || 1:16
you're on your own kid || 1:22
๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ.
forever winter || 2:10
that's when || 2:11
forever & always || 2:13
HIGHSCHOOL HEARTBREAK
๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž.
la di da || 3:4
afterglow || 3:8
the lakes || 3:9
heartfirst || 3:15
if the world was ending || 3:16
breathe || 3:17
new romantics || 3:18
it's nice to have a friend || 3:19
marjorie || 3:21
lover || 3:22
HEART IN YOUR HANDS
๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ.
sweet nothing || 4:1
half of my hometown || 4:9
everything i wanted || 4:10
timeless || 4:12

superstar || 1:2

1.6K 36 11
By okay_ig

now playing:

SUPERSTAR
by : madelyn peters

| II |

This is wrong but I can't help but feel like,
There ain't nothing more right babe,
Misty morning comes again and I can't,
Help but wish I could see your face

The cheerleaders rang in the crowd as the Ravens warmed up on the court for Lucas's first game.

"So that's the boy that beat Nathan?" Brooke asked, eyeing Lucas on the court.

Madelyn nodded, watching the blonde as well.

"He looks good from behind," Brooke commented.

"1. 2. 3. Ravens!" the team broke apart. 

It was time for the jump ball.

"Jump! Jump! Jump! Go higher! Jump! Jump! Jump!" the cheerleaders chanted.

Nathan won the jump, Tim bringing the ball up the court.

Nathan passed to Lucas, who completely missed the pass, the ball almost hitting Madelyn.

"Nice hands," she snarked at him.

"Nice legs," Lucas commented back, tilting his head as he pedaled backwards down the court.

I knew from the first note played,
I'd be breaking all my rules to see you,
You smile that beautiful smile and all the girls in the front row,
Scream your name

Lucas let his defense down and the man he was guarding drove for a layup.

"Let's go Ravens!" The girls continued to cheer, despite the clear and growing anger between Nathan and Lucas.

Lucas got the ball in the corner, but his shot bounced off the rim.

He consistantly missed his shots short the whole game.

Whitey pulled Lucas from the game.

So dim that spotlight, tell me things like,
I can't take my eyes off of you,
I'm no one special, just another wide eyed girl

._._._.

Who's desperately in love with you,
Give me a photograph to hang on my wall,
Superstar

Madelyn sat on a bench near the river court as she wrote in her songbook, enjoying the change in peace without her parents' yelling at home. Her quiet, however, was interrupted by a bouncing basketball. She tried to ignore it but eventually was unable to refocus.

"I guess misery really does love company," Madelyn stated, gaining Lucas's attention from her place on the bench. 

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"I like the quiet. It gives me peace of mind. What about you?" she asked, standing from the bench and making her way over to him. 

"You know, I shoot the ball, and it goes in," he points out. "I don't ask questions, I don't think about it. It's just the way it is."

"Or the way it was," she tilted her head at him.

"Yeah," he laughed frustratedly.

"Lucas, it was one game. Who cares that everyone saw you suck tonight."

"Clearly you're here to cheer me up," he responded.

"Lucas, it was one game. I know you had a lot to prove, but you put too much pressure on it," she shook her head. "Let me ask you something." He nodded. "Why'd you agree to join the team?"

"The game, I guess. I love the game," he stated.

"Right. The game," she scrunched her nose. "But why choose to join the varsity team? Why not stay here," she motioned to the court, "Where you're comfortable?"

"Because I want to know if I'm good," he responded. "What about you? Why are you a cheerleader? Is that where you're comfortable?"

"I- I do it because it's enjoyable for my friends and I can be there to support you. But I can also do the things that make me comfortable on my own time," She tapped her book against her thigh. 

"Like what?" he asked, nodding to the book.

"Like-" she started to smile but was cut off when her phone rang. She sent an apologetic look to Lucas before answering. "Hey, P."

"Hey Mads," Peyton responded sadly. "Can you come and pick me up?"

"Yeah," she nodded glancing at Lucas. "Yeah I'll be right there." She turned to Lucas. "I gotta-"

"Yeah," he brushed it off, "go," he agreed.

"Remember, it's just a game," she stated as she backed away. She turned around, pressing her phone back to her ear and disapeared into her car. Lucas slightly smiled and turned back around, shooting the ball one last time. 

Swish.

Morning loneliness,
Comes around when I'm not dreaming about you,
But when my world wakes up today,
You'll be in another town

._._._.

And I knew when I saw your face,
I'd be counting down the ways to see you,
You smile that beautiful smile and all the girls in the front row,
Scream your name

"You know, early in his career, Hemingway was," their english teacher spoke, "he was frustrated. He was a good writer who wanted to be great. And eventually he discovered that less was more." He glanced around the class. "Madelyn." she looked up from her desk. "Describe Lucas in one word."

He turned around and his blue eyes stared in her brown ones. Madelyn hesitated, "Strained," she answered.

"Lucas, care to respond and describe Madelyn?"

"Altruistic," he stated.

Nathan raised his hand. 

"Yes, Nathan?"

"I can describe Lucas in one word. Bastard."

Oohs rang out from the class.

"Alright, alright," the teacher calmed.

Lucas shot up from his seat, launching himself at Nathan.

"Knock it off!" the teacher cried. 

So dim that spotlight, tell me things like,
I can't take my eyes off of you,
I'm no one special, just another wide eyed girl,

._._._.

Who's desperately in love with you,
Give me a photograph to hang on my wall,
Superstar

Brooke sifted through Peyton's CDs. 

"You know it's really too bad that Lucas is poor and he can't play because he's fine," she said.

Peyton raised her eyebrows at her.

"Hey I think it's really good that you're fighting with Nathan again," she commented.

"You do?" Peyton asked.

"Yeah. Every time you guys fight, we get to hear new music," Madelyn smirked and Brooke nodded, pointing at her. Peyton furrowed her brows and tried to kick both of them, making them fall into laughs.

"Hey, did you buy the new Beyonce?" Brooke asked.

"No," Peyton responded.

"You know, Peyton, I know you're all Gwen Stefani plaid skirt, "I'm a badass", but we love you anyway and you know why? 'Cause Friday night when it is game time there you are, one of us."

"P.S. Gwen Stefani is not a badass," Peyton replied.

Brooke rolled her eyes and Madelyn quietly laughed.

"You ever look past it?" Peyton asked the two.

"Past what?" Brooke asked.

"All of it. High school and basketball and just...  like the whole popularity drama?"

"Always," Madelyn responded quietly.

"Yeah, I mean I think about the future sometimes and it scares me," Brooke explains. "But then I think I'll go to college. I'll join the right sorority. I'll marry a rich guy... unless I get fat."

Peyton nodded, hiding her grimace at the girl's answer.

You played in bars,
You play guitar,
I'm invisible and everyone know who you are,
And you'll never see you sing me to sleep,
Every night from the radio

._._._.

So dim that spotlight, tell me things like,
I can't take my eyes off of you,
I'm no one special, just another wide eyed girl,
Who's desperately in love with you

Madelyn watched Whitey walk away from Lucas and took it as a sign for her to stand from her bench and join him on the bleachers. 

"So that's it?" she asked, sitting next to him.

"Huh?" he asked, turning to her surprised.

"You're done with basketball?"

"Um I- I don't-" he stuttered.

"What's the hesitation? I thought you played because you loved the game?" she questioned.

"I do. But what's the point? I mean, why should I keep playing it when it doesn't change anything?"

"What do you mean? Everything can change in an instant. I know it seems like right now things have changed for the worse but you have to have somewhere to go up from. You can't start at the top and hope things can improve. You have to have some room to grow," she placed her hand on his knee, slightly squeezing. "And you'll be a superstar, Luke. Whether it's with their name or in spite of it." 

He looked to her in awe for a moment and a small smile started to appear on his face.

"Oh, I have something for you," he reached behind him into his bag and pulled out a folded piece of paper.

"What is it?" she asked, taking it from his hands and unfolding it.

Change
By Madelyn Peters

She read the paper and looked up at him in shock. "You found it," she stated.

"Yeah," he nodded. "It's good music Madelyn, I just thought it should come out when you're ready.

"Thank you," Madelyn sent him one last smile and stood to make her way back home.

Give me a photograph, 
To hang on my wall,
Superstar

._._._.

Sweet, sweet Superstar,
Superstar

The Ravens took the court again, jogging through the tunnel of cheerleaders and pom poms. 

Lucas jogged out near the back. Once past, he swiftly turned around and grabbed Madelyn's elbow and her attention.

"You are always so good with words and it's for the better of everyone who knows you. It's what got me here. And your music is good, it deserves to be shared, you deserve everything that you give." 

Madelyn stared at him in shock, the corners of her mouth turned slightly upward. He jogged backwards from her holding eyecontact until he finally turned around.

the song : superstar by taylor swift

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.2K 1K 22
A lot has happened to Nathan and Claudia in four years, six months and two days. Nathan came so close to the NBA, Claudia won a Brit and hasn't recor...
40.2K 724 26
Isabelle's friendship with Brooke is mending, Lucas seems to have moved away and her other two friends have gotten married. Isabelle is trying to mak...
87.4K 1.2K 25
Bethany Davis is the exact opposite of the twin sister Brooke Davis. They're on the same cheer team, but she's not as reckless as her twin sister. Sh...