Re:Zero - No More Secrets

By Ja_K515

Natsuki Subaru has been trying to keep the existence of Return by Death a secret. However, after waking up an... More

Arc 2 - Prologue
Arc 2 - Chapter 1
Arc 2 - Chapter 2
Arc 2 - Chapter 3
Arc 2 - Chapter 5
Arc 2 - Chapter 6
Interlude - Rem
Arc 2 - Chapter 7
Arc 2 - Epilogue
Interlude - After Memory Snow
Arc 3 - Prologue
Arc 3 - Chapter 1
Arc 3 - Chapter 2
Arc 3 - Chapter 3

Arc 2 - Chapter 4

668 24 1
By Ja_K515

The sun shined brightly at dawn in the Roswaal mansion.

Subaru sleepily looked out the window rays of light illuminating his face. He wanted to sleep in, but sadly he couldn't. Today was an important day, if things went wrong he would be sent back to the beginning again. If that were to happen, his confession of his powers, his moments, with Emilia, Rem, Ram, Beatrice, and Roswaal, they would forget all of it.

It was time to end this and beat the Shaman, once and for all.

Subaru: "Even if today wasn't important, I still don't like waking up in the morning."

He then got out of bed, put on his butler uniform, and began the chores he had for the day.

△▼△▼△▼△

Ram: "We finally finished the shopping and came to look at his progress, but this is what we see..."

In front of Ram was Subaru. He had the job of tracking down the Shaman that was going to attack the mansion, but even she didn't expect this.

Subaru: "Victory!"

Villagers: "Victory!"

More than half the village was standing behind Subaru.

Subaru: "And that, everyone, is the secret to a long and healthy life. It's good for kids and the elderly alike."

Afterward, he continued getting patted by the villagers in multiple places. Once the village had dispersed, Ram approached him.

Ram: "I was going to ask how you were progressing, but it seems that I don't need to worry. What was that just now?"

Subaru: "Ah. That was Radio Calisthenics. I was teaching some of the kids, then some of the adults saw and joined in. Then it turned into what you saw."

He'd successfully gathered and been touched by most of the village. With this, he should be able to identify the Shaman.

Village Kid 1: "Hey Subaru!"

Subaru: "Hm?"

When he turned around he saw the village kids behind him.

Subaru: "Sorry guys, I gotta go back now."

Village Kid 1: "Are you going back with Ramchi?"

Village Kid 2: "Is that Ramchi? She's scary."

Village Kid 3: "Ramchi please don't eat me!"

Ram: "What kind of name is that, and what things did you tell them about me?"

Subaru: "Well you always come off as cold and unapproachable, so I thought I'd help you seem more friendly."

Ram: "Instead it seems like you ran your mouth and make them think I'm an unreasonable person."

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

Ram: "I don't mind, but I don't think Rem would like that."

Village Kid 1: "You mean Remrin?"

Village kid 2: "Remrin."

Village kid 3: "Remririn."

Subaru started scratching the back of his head.

Subaru: "Ah, well you see, we've kind of already crossed that bridge"

With another sigh, Ram turned around and started to walk back towards the path that lead to the mansion.

Village Kid 4: "Hey."

Subaru turned and noticed there was a girl with blue hair in braids tugging on his sleeve. She pointed behind her, towards the forest.

Ram turned around and looked at Subaru and the children.

Ram: "Go and have your fun."

Subaru: "Thank you, I owe you one."

He made his way with the children towards the edge of the village.

Subaru: "Ya, there was this event."

Out of the forest came a little puppy.

Puppy: "Arf!"

Village Children: "Awww, so cute."

Suddenly the puppy turned to Subaru with an angry expression.

Puppy: "Grrrrrrrr!"

Subaru: "Hey, why's it doing that."

Village Kid 1: "Wow, it seems to hate only hate you Subaru, what did you do to it?"

Village Kid 2: "Maybe it hates him because it's a girl."

Village Kid 3: "It's probably because Subaru has scary eyes."

Subaru: "Hey, I'm right here you know!"

With all the other kids the dog was kind, except for Subaru.

The little girl with blue hair went and picked up the dog, and held it out to Subaru.

Subaru: "Well let's do this."

He began to pet the dog while it was still growling at him.

Subaru: "Aw ya, it's so sof- Ow!"

The dog had quickly bitten Subaru, there was blood streaming from his hand.

Village Kid 1: "Wow it hates you a lot Subaru."

Village Kid 2: "Girls really don't like you Subaru."

Village Kid 3: "Subaru looks too scary so it tried to get away from him."

Subaru: "Hey you brats, I can still hear you, you know!"

He then got up, it seemed like no matter what he did that puppy wouldn't like him. Subaru started to walk back to the path leading to the mansion.

Subaru: "Sorry guys, I gotta head back now."

Village Kid 1: "Aw, please stay Subaru."

Village Kid 2: "We want to play more."

Village Kid 3: "Ya stay."

Subaru: "Don't worry guys, I'll come back, and we can do Radio Calisthenics together again.

Village Children: "Hooray!"

With that Subaru was finally able to head back. Rem and Ram were waiting for his return.

Ram: "We let you go for a second, and you come back covered in dirt and bleeding. You truly have a knack for getting into trouble Barusu."

Rem: "You and those kids are both trouble, which makes sense because Subaru-kun is just an overgrown child."

Subaru: "Hey, I'm way more mature than those little devils, and I'm charming, right?"

Ram: "Rem, Rem, Barusu seems to be denying reality."

Rem: "Nee-sama, Nee-sama, Subaru-kun seems to be full of himself."

Subaru: "I'm right here you know!"

The trio then walked back to the manor.

△▼△▼△▼△

Subaru: "Well it's time Beako. Can you check us to make sure we haven't been cursed?"

In the forbidden library stood four people. Two maids, Subaru, and the library's guardian.

Beatrice: "Let me check I suppose."

Rem: "I don't believe I touched anyone in the village, so I should be fine."

Ram: "I also made sure not to touch anyone."

The twins had practiced caution while in the village. It wasn't very hard for them because they weren't the type to go up and touch someone anyway.

Suddenly, Beatrice pointed at Subaru.

Beatrice: "I sense a curse rite... You really have been cursed in fact."

Subaru: "Geez, even though I knew it was gonna happen, I still feel kinda shocked hearing it."

The twins were shocked. Even though they were told about this ahead of time, to actually have it confirmed was another thing entirely.

Ram: "Seems Barusu was telling the truth about the Shaman all along, that is unsettling."

Rem: "I don't know what to make of this."

For Rem and Ram, this was confirmation for them that Subaru was telling the truth about his abilities. His prediction of the Shaman attacking the day they go shopping had happened. They grit their teeth in frustration. They were under attack, and they were so useless that they couldn't have even noticed without Subaru dying and going back in time.

Subaru: " Ok, now can you please remove it? I'm running out of time."

Beatrice: "It would be troublesome if I refused I suppose."

She began to lift the curse, and suddenly, black smoke appeared on Subaru's hand.

Subaru: "Is that where the Shaman placed the curse?"

Beatrice: "Yes I suppose."

It was the same spot where the dog the kids were playing with bit him.

Subaru: "We need to go to the village now!"

△▼△▼△▼△

Roswaal: "I see, that is quite the predicament."

Immediately after he got his curse removed, Subaru went directly to Roswaal and told him everything.

Roswaal: "Head to the village with Rem and Ram. I'll stay here and protect Emilia-sama."

Subaru: "You'll protect Emilia?"

Roswaal: "Why of coooouuuurse. I'm not what you would call a weak combatant. She is a royal selection candidate, so she must be kept safe. However, you may need some help. So, I shall lend you my staff. Rem, Ram, listen to Subaru-kun, because of his powers it's better if he takes command."

Rem and Ram: "Understood Roswaal-sama."

Subaru, Rem, and Ram sprinted out of the manor towards the village.

△▼△▼△▼△

When they arrived at the village they noticed a bunch of lite fires and adults roaming the place.

Villager: "Hey, it's the three from the mansion. What are you doing here at a time-"

Subaru: "Seems like a good thing we came, did something happen?"

Villager: "The kids have disappeared."

Subaru: "Who else is looking for the kids besides you?"

Villager: "All the young men in the village, and Muraosa."

Subaru: "They're in the forest, you won't find them looking around the village."

The trio ran towards the forest. Once they got to the border of the village, Rem noticed something.

Rem: "The barrier, it's been severed."

Subaru: "And what does that mean?"

Rem: "It means Mabeasts can enter the village."

Subaru: "And what's a Mabeast exactly?"

Rem: "They are beasts imbued with dark power, the enemy of intelligent life. It is said that the Witch created them."

Subaru: "More of the Witch, even here, geez..."

He was nervous, his legs were shaking, his throat was dry, and his hands were sweating.

Subaru: "All right, let's go."

※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※

Authors Note

Last time I said I wanted to write a longer chapter. Guess that didn't end up happening.

You all probably noticed that events are currently very similar to canon. That's because from what I can tell, I don't believe that things would have happened much differently.

Of course that doesn't mean things will stay that way forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 234 37
10.16.20 #1 in Re:zero. Bless all of you & thank you for your support ❀️ 11.14.20 1K VIEWERS (FIRST STORY TO REACH) THANK YOU~ JH #1 in Ram (4/4/21) ...
1.5K 48 5
Natsuki Subaru was transported to a fantasy world of swords and magic with no special abilities whatsoever followed by many unfortunate events befall...
47.5K 390 21
though we know of Natsuki Subaru we do now he is not the only Natsuki Subaru in the universe. Some are happy though there are some not so much how wi...
324 13 3
Death, is scary. Death, is painful. Death, is melancholic. The void of grief left by death, can never be filled. Never. And yet, death is hope for so...