•Far Away• ♡amelia shepherd♡

By riawr1tess

"you make me feel different. different than when i've met other people, just... different." or in which ameli... More

cast
warning
♧ideas♧
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
New Book!
New Book!
on hold.

14

1K 36 26
By riawr1tess

12x12
My Next Life

Mariana portrayed by Marisol Nichols

Ophelia walked into the ER, setting her bags down on top of the nurse's station to grab some of her post-op charts where April, Arizona and Meredith were sitting.

"Keps, call the plumber, would you?" Riggd asked as he walked out of a trauma room.

"Sure." April said, picking up the phone.

"Did he really just call the morgue the plumber?" Meredith asked.

"Oh, yeah. That's something we say over there." April replied, "They circle the drain they clog it. The plumber."

"Hunt's right. We hate that guy." Meredith said, getting up from her chair and walking off, only for Jackson to walk up to them.

"Oh, God, this is not going to end well." Ophelia murmured, and she walked off to the attendings lounge to get changed.

When she got there, she was greeted with the sight of Amelia taking kff her clothes to get changed into her scrubs as well, and Maggie standing in front of her.

"I am bootless because I had sex with Ophelia!" She was telling Maggie, and Ophelia quickly shut the door to make sure no one heard.

"Amelia! You can't go around shouting about that!" She chastised, walking over to the pair.

"What? It was good!" Amelia reasoned, trying to pull on her trainers quickly.

"And yet, she's still on time." Maggie reasoned. She walked out, leaving the couple by themselves.

"You can't go about just yelling about us, what if Merry hears?"  Ophelia said, sitting in the chair in front of Amelia.

"Fee, it'll be OK. Mer won't care." Amelia assured her, putting one of her hands on either thigh and leaning forward, giving Ophelia a peck on the lips.

"Believe what you wanna believe, I guess." Ophelia said back, standing up and leaving the room.

--------

"Can you bring me Dr. Shepherd. He was my doctor last time." The bonde patient asked, looking up at Ophelia, who was busy tapping on her tablet.

"I'm sure we can." She smiled at her. She gently grabbed a nurse that was walking past, "Can you page Shepherd? Thank you."

Soon enough, the curtain pulled back, and there was Amelia, with Stephanie by her side.

"Hi. Katie." She greeted.

"Who are you? I asked for Dr. Shepherd." Katie said, rubbing her temple with one hand.

"And here I am."

"No, you're not. Dr. Shepherd is a guy."

Amelia nodded her head in understanding, a soft 'ah' leaving her mouth, "Look I was here before, years ago." Katie explained.

"My first year, my first day." Meredith said, walking up to the group, "Subarachnoid hemorrhage. You're Katie Bryce."

"Ding, ding, ding." Ophelia muttered.

"Oh, my God. They still let you be a doctor here?" Katie asked.

"Damn, Merry. How badly did you mess her up?" Ophelia joked.

"Shut up, LiLi." Meredith said, before walking away.

--------

Ophelia walked back into the ER, pulling on a trauma gown and going to meet Arizona at the doors.

"What do we got?" She asked, tying her gown.

"56 year old woman, emergency C." She explained, running forward as the ambulance came up.

The paramedics threw the doors open, "Mariana Lopez, 56. 38 weeks pregnant. Water broke. 2 centimeter dialated." He said.

"Okay, let's get her up to the maternity ward, Lopez, come with me." Arixona said as she and some other doctors started rolling the gurney inside.

But Ophelia didn't move. How could she, when the woman who put her in the camp was in the bed ahead of her?

"Lopez!" Arizona said, running back out to meet the Latina, "What's wrong?"

"I- I can't be on this case." She stammered out.

"What? Why?" Arizona azked, concerned.

"That's, um... that's my mom." Ophelia replied quietly, using her gloved hand to point at the door where the gurney her mom lay upon had just disappeared.

"Oh, shit." Arizona replied, chacing her stance and crossing her arms, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just gonna be in the pit." Ophelia said, walking off, back into the ER.

She walked into the ER to see Meredith and Amelia arguing, and for Meredith to storm off.

"Great. Just great." The trauma surgeon muttered. Could her day get anymore chaotic?

"Um, Doctor Lopez?" A voice from behind her said. Ophelia sighed, before turning around.

"Yes?" She said to the intern.

"Your mom is asking for you." He said.

Ophelia groaned, throwing her head back. "Ugh, what room is she in?" She asked, giving in.

The intern gave her the room number, and Ophelia made her way to the room.

Once she got there, she pushed the door open, seeing her mom eating something, and her head looked uo when she heard the door open.

"Ophelia! So good to see you!" Mariana said, a smile on her face. Ophelia didn't respond, staying where she was at the door.

"How the hell are you pregnant, Mariana?" She asked. Mariana chuckled.

"Well, a woman knows how to get around." She replied, shrugging hee shoulders and smiling. Ophelia scoffed and rolled her eyes, pushing off the door frame and taking a step towards the bed. Mariana inhaled deeply as another contraction hit her, "So, how are you?"

"Considering the last time you saw me was when I had tried to kill myself, a lot better." Ophelia replied sarcastically.

"If I die, the baby's yours."

Ophelia turned to face her mother for the first time in years. "What? You can't just show up out of the blue, pregnant, and tell me that."

"She deserves stability, and I know that if I die, you can provide her that."

"So it's a girl?" Ophelia asked.

Mariana swallowed. "Yes. I'm naming her Bella. Middle name... Isa."

Ophelai could feel the tears prick in the corner of her eyes, and she swallowed the lump in her throat. "And if she's gay, you gonna put in a conversion camp too?" She challenged, folding her arms.

"Ophelia..."

"No, I'm not hearing you out. When I was in there, it was the worst experience of my life. I still wake up from nightmares to this day. But on the other hand, I have to thank you."

"What?"

"I met some of the best people because of that camp. Ana, Louisa, Simone, all the people that I lived with. And I love them, I really do.

"Because if I didn't try and kill myself, I never would have gone to med school, and I never would have gone here, and then I wouldn't have met my sister, and Maggie, and Callie, and I would have never met Amelia."

Mariana looked at her as she finished her rant, noticing how she said one name different than the others. "Who's Amelia?" She asked.

Ophelia hesitated, not knowing how her mother would react. "My, um... my girlfriend."

Mariana nodded, understanding that her daughter was no longer the 14 year old girl she once knew.

"Can you... can you be here when- when I..." Mariana attempted to ask.

"Yeah, I wouldn't miss the birth of my new little sister." Ophelia assured her.

Ophelia spent the next few minutes catching her mom up on her life, from her time in med school, working at Hopkins, and then to the current.

"You know I'm not the one who sent you away right?" Mariana finally blurted out, "My boss thought it was bad publicity if word got out that there was a gay person living in the hotel, bookings would drop, so he hired people to take you in the middle of the night."

"I always hated that guy." Ophelia laughed shaking her head.

"I never stopped looking for you, FiFi."

Ophelia's pager beeped, and she checked who it was from. "Oh, sorry I need to go. I'll be back in one minute."

The Latina  walked to the conference room that she was paged to, seeing Amelia pacing the room, one hand on her hip and the other running through her hair.

"Hey, Lia, are you okay?" Ophelia said, walking over to her pacing girlfriend and gently unclenching the hand from her hair and holding it.

"Yeah, it's just..." Amelia sighed, "Katie Bryce, Meredith's old patient, also happens to be Derek's old patient, and now she's on my ass about it, getting Blake to check on her literally every five minutes. And, Katie asked me if I'm as good as my brother, like, what am I supposed to say to that? And Mereduth is all like- why are you looking at me like that?"

Ophelia smiled, "You're cute when you ramble." She said, taking Amelia's other hand and leaning in closer. Amelia rolled her eyes, but smiled as she pressed a light kiss on Ophelia's lips.

"So, what's going on with you?" Amelia asked, "Don't think I didn't notice how stressed you were when you walked in.

She wrapped her arms loosely around Ophelia's neck, and the Latina wrapped hers around Amelia's waist.

"Um, my mom's here." She said. Amelia's blue eyes widened, and her eyebrows shot up.

"Shit. Is she okay? Are you okay?" Amelia asked.

"She is having a baby." Ophelia said, and, if possible, Amelia's eyes widened even more.

"Wow- um, okay." Amelia said, obviously surprised. She pulled Ophelia into a hug, the Latina resting her head on her shoulder and Amelia gently ran her hands through her hair.

"Did you mean what you said?" Amelia whispered.

"What?"

"In the on call room. You said... you said you loved me."

Ophelia hesitated. She didn't even realise she had said that.

"Yeah. I do. I really do."

Amelia smiled to herself, Ophelia not seeing. "I love you too." She whispered into the Latina's raven hair.

After a while, Ophelia pulled away. "I need to get back, I promised my mom I'd be there." She said, resting her forehead on Amelia's.

"Yeah, I need to get back to Katie anyway." Amelia said. Ophelia moved to go leave the room, but Amelia grabbed her arm to pull her back to her.

She kissed her sweetly, smiling against Ophelia's lips. "You didn't think you could get away without saying goodbye, did you?" She asked, smiling.

"Amelia I need to go." Ophelia whined as Amelia kissed her again.

"Okay, okay, go." Amelia said, letting go of her arm and Ophelia left the room.

When she got back to her mom's room, she was greeted with the sight of Arizona giving her mom an exam and other doctors in the room.

"Oh, this is great." Ophelia said.

"Yep, she's fully dialated, so baby girl should come soon." Arizona said.

"Great." Mariana said, inhaling deeply.

"I think you can push when your ready." Arizona said, positioning herself at the end of the bed.

"Okay." Mariana said, inhaling.

--------

"She's beautiful." Mariana said, holdind her newborn daughter in her arms.

"She a newborn baby, she's as ugly as they get."

"Ophelia Andrea Lopez, no digas eso de tu hermana." Mariana scolded. (Do not be mean to your sister.)

"Ella es mi hermana, se supone que debo ser malo con ella." Ophelia reasoned. (She is my sister, I'm supposed to be mean to her.)

"Andrea, huh?" A voice from the doorway said. Ophelia turned and Mariana lifted her head to look at Amelia.

"Hey." Ophelia smiled, "How's Katie?"

"She's good, at least Mer's not on my ass anymore." She replied, walking to sit beside Ophelia.

"Is this Amelia?" Mariana asked.

"Yeah, um, Lia, this is my mom." Ophelia said, looking between the two.

"Hi, I would shake your hand, but, um..." Amelia said, gesturing to baby Bella.

Mariana chuckled. "Yep, Bella gets what Bella wants."

The three sat in the room, allowing Mariana and Amelia to get to know each other and Ophelia to bond with Bella.

--------

1956 words

omd this took so long to write im not even joking.

how would yall feel abt a maya bishop fic?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.3K 49
Everyone says that healing is a personal journey- that you must be self-sufficient and independent... but well- historically that just does not happe...
4.3K 156 19
"She would admit that she didn't mind April as much as she did when she first met her.. perhaps she liked her a little more than she liked most peopl...
10.9K 325 32
Aurora 'Rory' Grey had just gotten back to Seattle after disappearing for months. But when she returns she noticed a new woman working named Amelia S...
1.1M 11.3K 15
Status: [ Ongoing ] Warning: Lots of mature content and strong language ahead. Read at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...