lucky star // jamie drysdale

By lov3languag3

They say opposites attract....but if he's also your brother's best friend and teammate? jamie drysdale fan fi... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45

41

3.6K 76 8
By lov3languag3

KENDALL

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask as I take Jamie's coat and put it in the small coat closet in the entry way.

This feels like a dream. Is he really here?

"I've got all this off time so I thought I'd spend it wisely," he smirks reaching for my hand. I smile stepping close to him.

"And after a lot of begging management to let me miss a few games," he adds, "I ran here as soon as they said yes."

"Plus I still owe you a few things from Christmas and New Years," his hands find my waist.

"Mhm I don't remember," I smirk, draping my arms over his shoulders, "You should help me remember."

"Oh really?" He teases, giving my hips a squeeze before his arms wrap around me pulling me closer.

"Yeah because you already gave me some pretty amazing gifts," I smile reaching for the small sun charm hanging around my neck.

I watch Jamie looks down at the necklace then back at me, "You're wearing it."

He sounds almost shocked.

"I've worn it everyday since Christmas," I smile.

Jamie doesn't respond he just kisses me, it's passionate, yet sweet and soft. I missed him.

He stops, his lips still ghosting over mine as he says, "Your parents are already gone right?"

My eyes meet his as I nod and crash my lips to his again. I slide my fingers into his silky hair, pulling the beanie off and tossing it aside. My back meets the wall, our lips never disconnecting. Until...my stomach makes a loud grumbling noise that makes Jamie pull away and look at me very confused.

I can't help but start laughing, "I'm sorry," I say still laughing. Jamie starts laughing too. 

"I was just about to eat before you called me."

His hand finds mine, "Lets eat then."

-

JAMIE

"Okay wait," Kendall says as she disappears into her walk in closet, "I just picked these up the other day because you said you liked mine and that you were looking for something like them. I was just gonna mail them to you but now you're here!"

I sit up on her bed, "Did you get me those slippers?"

"Okay first," Kendall stands in the door frame of her closet holding her hands behind her back, "They're not slippers, they're called clogs even though I don't know how true that is either."

"Second, why do you literally predict everything I do!" She smiles walking towards me, bringing the blue box out from behind her back.

"Because this isn't the first time you've done this," I smirk up at her as she hands me the box.

The look on her face says she knows I'm right.

"You do it too!"

And she's right, a couple weeks ago she was talking about how she needed better winter socks. So I took it upon myself and found these thick wool socks online and sent them to her.

"We're both guilty," I smile as she sits beside me.

"Thank you," I say leaning over to kiss her cheek.

"Of course," she smiles watching me open the box. "They're a slightly lighter color then mine but they're basically the same thing."

"They're perfect," I smile looking at the suede shoes then up at her.

"Thank you," I lean over and give her another quick peck.

@kennyz posted a story

"Jamie?" Kendall's voice echos from the top of the stairs.

"Yes?" I shout back while I'm down in the basement scrolling through every streaming service for a movie to watch.

"Do you want marshmallows?" She's upstairs making hot chocolate and collecting movie snacks.

"Sure! I don't know what to watch," I walk over to the bottom of the stairs. When I get there Kendall is still standing at the top, looking down at me.

"Mhm," she hums, "What about 27 Dresses? That's a cute movie!"

"What's it on?" I ask.

"We have the DVD, give me like five minutes and I'll come set it up," she smiles.

"Need help up there?" I start up the stairs.

"You don't have to help," she says turning to walk away.

"I'm coming to help." I follow her up the stairs and to the kitchen.

"I just need to melt the butter to finish off the popcorn," Kendall says standing in front of the microwave, pressing buttons. She twists around so she can see me, her hands behind her back.

"But thank you," she smiles leaning back against the stove that sits under the microwave.

I take a few steps forward, "I don't plan on leaving your side the whole time I'm here."

Kendall bites the inside of her cheek, trying to hide her smile even though her cheeks are turning pink as I stand in front of her. I rest my arms on the counter behind her to keep myself balanced.

"Good," she tilts her head up to kiss my jaw, her hands find the pocket of my hoodie and they slip inside, "How long are you staying?"

She sounds almost sad when she asks.

I hate that every time we see each other we know there's an end to it. Like an expiration date. I wish it didn't have to be like this. I wish she could just live right down the hall from me always, like that first summer.

"My flight's Monday morning, they want me back before the game that night."

"That's gives us three days!" Kendall's face lights up, "And my parents aren't coming back until Saturday!" Then she pauses, looking up at me, "Wait do they even know you're here?"

"Yeah, Trevor gave me your mom's number and I called her earlier in the week to tell her and your dad," I nod, "Not gonna lie, your dad scared me a bit."

"Oh c'mon! He's not that scary! He's a big teddy bear," she smiles, her hands slip under my hoodie. Her fingers are cold against my skin but I don't think she even realizes what her hands are doing.

"He threatened to ship me to the north pole," I raise a brow at her.

Kendall's head falls back as she laughs, "He's kidding," she lifts her head to look at me again. 

"And if he did he'd have to send me with you," she smiles, lifting up on her tip toes to kiss me.

"You would hate the north pole," I smile our faces still centimeters apart.

"I wouldn't hate it if you were there," she smiles big, kissing me again, pulling me closer to her. I bring my hands to her back, and the world melts away.

Nothing else matters with Kendall by my side. She makes everything so much lighter.

"I love you," Kendall says like she read my mine.

I pull away so I can look her in the eyes, those big beautiful eyes, "I love you."

She's staring up at me, like it's the first time she's ever heard me say those words.

"I still can't believe you're here," she says, breaking the silence. She's looking at me like she's in her own world. I wish I could read her mind right now, I want to know what she's thinking.

Kendall continues, "It feels like a dream. Like I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and you're not really gonna be here," she uses one of her hands to brush back some of my hair as she talks.

My hands slide down her back, to her hips.

"I promise I will be," I smile, giving her hips a squeeze. "And the day after that," I smirk, "And the day after that."

"Now you're just being annoying," she rolls her eyes.

"And you're cute when you're annoyed."

"Shut up," she smirks pulling my favs to hers, pressing her lips to mine. She tastes like chocolate, she's probably been snacking on the M&Ms she's about to mix into the popcorn.

The microwave beeps and I pull away, looking up at it then back at Kendall.

"It can wait," she smirks pulling my face back to hers.

I slide my hands down to her thighs lifting her up onto the counter. She hums approvingly into the kiss as I set her down and her hands slip into my hair. And I immediately forget what we were even doing before this...who cares anyway, I'm back with my girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.1K 413 31
Since they were kids Everly and Ryot have been best friends, but as they got older Everly fell in love with him, and she couldn't take the pain of se...
147K 1.3K 35
a story in which an actress and a hockey player meet, he's got a massive crush on her already and she think he's a cute golden retriever read to find...
32.8K 134 34
what happens when a girl bumps into a famous hockey player? Will she fall in love just like every other love story or just stay friends?
7.2K 79 20
After her parents split when Julia was younger, her brother Trevor moved to Michigan with their dad, while Julia stayed in Pittsburgh with her mom...