The Unknown || Naruhina

By Powerful_Niya

"ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ sᴀɪᴅ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ?" ɴᴀʀᴜᴛᴏ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴛʟʏ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴍʏ sᴋɪɴ ʙᴇɢɪɴ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴀᴡʟ... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: The Popular Girl
Chapter 2: The Mysterious Party
Chapter 3: Paranoid Thoughts
Chapter 4: More and More Fear
Chapter 5: A New Day
Chapter 6: Lies and More Lies
Chapter 7: Demonic Distractions
Chapter 8: The Demon's Word
Chapter 9: Extreme Measures
Chapter 10: Obsessive Punishment
Chapter 11: Understanding
Chapter 12: Reunited Spirits
Chapter 13: The Good, The Bad And The Nasty
Chapter 14: Plan In Motion
Chapter 15: Hunt Or Be Hunted
Chapter 16: Something New
Chapter 17: Risky Business
Chapter 18: Memories And Secrets
Chapter 19: Tragedies
Chapter 20: Broken Doors
Chapter 21: Figuring Things Out
Chapter 22: The Unexpected Meet Up
Chapter 23: Make Ups
Chapter 24: The Big Day
Chapter 25: Ready Or Not
Chapter 26: Lost
Chapter 27: Happy Moments
Chapter 28: Haunting Thoughts
Chapter 29: Mysterious Appearances
Chapter 30: Hidden in Plain Sight
Chapter 31: Confrontation
Chapter 32: Possession
Chapter 33: The Little Chat
Chapter 34: New Ways
Chapter 35: Keeping The Flow
Chapter 36: Falling In Love
Chapter 37: A Date To Remember
Chapter 38: Loving You
Chapter 39: Taking It Easy
Chapter 40: The Mark
Chapter 41: Hide And Seek
Chapter 42: Bring On The Fight
Chapter 43: Show And Tell
Chapter 44: Devastation
Chapter 45: Broken Toys
Chapter 46: Torn Apart
Chapter 47: The Start Of The End
Chapter 48: The Strange Dream
Chapter 49: The Devil In Disguise
Chapter 50: The Darkness Consumes
Chapter 51: Hate Manifestes
Chapter 52: Falling Through The Cracks
Chapter 53: Tears Of Pain
Chapter 54: Danger Zone
Chapter 55: Battling Fire
Chapter 56: Love And War
Chapter 57: Vegenance
Chapter 58: Death Around The Corner
Chapter 59: Pure Hatred
Chapter 60: Broken Heart
Chapter 61: Delightful Revenge
Chapter 62: Enslavement
Chapter 63: Retribution

Chapter 64: Liberation

463 24 20
By Powerful_Niya

ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: sᴜᴘᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴜʀᴀʟ/ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴇʟᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs • ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴜsᴇ • ʜᴜʀᴛ/ᴄᴏᴍғᴏʀᴛ • ɪɴᴛᴇɴsᴇ • ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟ • ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ • sʟɪɢʜᴛ ɢᴏʀᴇ • ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴛʜᴇᴍᴇs • ᴛʀᴀɢɪᴄ • ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴀᴅ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • 𝟷𝟾+

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Naruto's P.O.V

Nothing is working.

My very breath was ragged, released from the gaps of my lips in rapid succession.

The severity of my breathing, however poor it was, was more than sufficient to convey the depth of my rage, dissatisfaction, and exhaustion.

To say I was frustrated would be an understatement. It would be foolish to go forth and declare the obvious that, yes, in my current state of affairs, I was a reflection of one who was approaching the ultimate breaking point.

Everything is going to hell.

Who wouldn't be angry?

Given all the times I've completely lost it in the past and the utter horrors that have ensued because of that fact, the rage that was consuming my entire body at this very moment was, by far, reaching a conclusion damn near disturbing.

Time meant nothing as such rage seemingly strove to intensify with each passing second, minute, and hour like magma rising in a volcano ready to erupt at any moment.

I took another shaky breath, my eyes flashing crimson, blood red, fixated through the spiky blonde strands of my hair ahead of me.

Fixated just on the doors which imprisoned me.

Such unbreakable double doors, bearing the insignia of my own demon sealing, towered over me like two imposing statues. Its sheer existence mocked me, igniting the fire in the depths of my soul.

To make matters worse, the two doors were secured shut by snake-shaped handles that remained locked no matter how hard I pried, flung, or slashed at them.

The doors remained locked, pushing me away and keeping me locked in.

I'll grant it that the overall prison that held me captive, forcing me to stay fixed in place for—fuck knows how long—seemed damn near impenetrable.

There were no weaknesses.

No blind spots.

No loopholes.

No answers.

But not only was the mythical prison strong, but it was also very hard to recognize at first. I noticed that the entire prison seemed to be entirely enveloped in a spell that affects the hostage's mind and draws out anything they desire, manifesting it all in their world.

Hinata is who I desire. Thus, Hinata is the weapon being used against me.

A desperate move.

It was the highest level of hypnosis; a hypnotist's technique. If such a spell is able to sustain a formidable being like myself, it must be powerful.

Cast by an equally powerful user.

I growled, baring my sharp canines.

Tayuya.

Such a spell was a technique to subdue me, to compel me to remain and dwell in the world of my desires so that I am completely and utterly oblivious to the fact that I am imprisoned.

It didn't take me long to realize that after a while. Perhaps a touch too long in my opinion.

But as time went on, the unreal nature of everything made the world around me and its hidden purposes increasingly transparent.

Everything was just too good to be true.

The enchantment that once had such a strong hold on my mind, no, on my dick, is no longer there. The jig is up. The secret is out. I was able to clearly understand what a damn fool I have been.

Tsk, some nerve I have.

Spending my time having fun, rolling around in the sheets with a phony version of my lover, while my body is left unattended, no worse, defenseless, in the lair of my enemies.

I cursed under my breath, clenching one clawed fist by my waist.

Fuck, I'm such an idiot.

I've now grasped the cost of spending so much time in this paradise. I've finally recognized how perilous the situation has become for me.

I spent too much time here, engrossed in some sort of mental enchantment, idly wasting away my life with the lover of my desires.

But how can I not enjoy being here, especially with Hinata?

She's here.

She's forgiven me.

She loves me.

My chest heaved as I turned to cast a glimpse over my shoulder at the feminine figure who was present on the enormous bed in the room, fully robed, with her lavender eyes fixed on me.

Every porcelain feature of hers that I deemed so exquisite was carved with worry.

The midnight blue-haired woman displayed a pout on her plump lips, her eyes furrowed, and her body cradled by her arms to give off a sense of distress.

My attempts in seeking to liberate myself from this place perturbed her more than anything else.

The young woman called out to me multiple times, like an alarm that demands to be heard but also generates annoyance if not silenced.

With that sweet, angelic voice of hers, she begged me to put a stop to my actions, to put an end to my madness, and to return to her.

She begged me to get back into bed with her so that we could cuddle once more and let ourselves be tamed by each other's love.

But I knew better.

Even while all of that seemed lovely, I realized that her persistent pleading was only the spell trying to capture me in its hold once more.

I was aware that if I abandoned my mission to leave and instead succumbed to Hinata, I would once again fall victim to those pesky demon hunters.

I must get out of here.

Hinata watched as I launched myself at the room's spell door like a lunatic once more, only to be swatted away repeatedly like a mere bug.

It was like an invisible yet powerful force field that encompassed the entire entryway to the mythical prison I was in, activating if my presence got too close or if I attempted to touch it.

I'm only being repelled, over and over again.

I crashed against the floor with a loud thud after getting too close to the door's liking again, only to bounce to my feet and fling myself back at it once more.

I made use of my entire body, my supernatural strength, my power, and even the weapons that I previously found stashed under my bed. But I only discovered that using such weapons only has the same effect as flinging myself at the door.

It was all useless.

With a single tap of the sword now in my hand upon the door's curvy snake-shaped locks, the sword was rejected from my hands as well.

My hands lost their grip on the sword's handle and it flew across the room at high speeds.

"Shit!" I exclaimed in surprise.

Hinata shrieked in terror, her hands covering her eyes as the sword flew past my head and impaled itself in the wall behind me, stopping it in its tracks.

"Stop it! Just stop it, please!"

Hinata screamed out in a desperate attempt to be heard, her words bursting from her mouth like a banshee in despair.

Her screaming fit pierced my keen ears, a startling response since she'd done nothing except whimper and cower due to my violent actions throughout the whole time.

I swung my body toward her, my jaw clenched and my facial features hardened, showering her with my blazing gaze.

In a last-ditch effort to rise to her feet and confront me, the human woman fled off the bed with a stumble as I stared her down.

Several times during her wobbly movement, her robe swayed back and forth against her frame, the ties that held the fabric tight slowly loosening and gradually coming undone to reveal what she'd been hiding.

I couldn't help my wandering eyes.

My trance of admiring her body was broken as the young woman took one too many steps too close to my liking, a stride that brought her closer to my own.

I raised one clawed hand to stop her, "Don't." I snapped, "Don't you come any closer, Hinata." I ordered bitterly.

I gave my head a shake to emphasize my directive, sensing the fear emanating from Hinata's body straight away. I could almost taste it, the bittersweet scent that flowed from her body, spewing negative emotions into the air only to be absorbed by my body.

I watched closely as she frightfully put an end to her pace forward as I delivered such a heart-wrenching order.

Hinata's pout returned.

I narrowed my crimson eyes at the sight of it, trying everything in my ability not to be swayed by her.

I must remind myself.

Even though the person in front of me might resemble Hinata in terms of appearance, voice, body composition, and even her mannerisms...

It is not truly her.

It is merely my own mind's representation of her.

So, I ignored that pout of hers, such a pout that in other circumstances, could bring me to my very knees. Such a look from her was powerful, more powerful than anyone could have imagined.

My little one truly did not know the power she wield by expressing such a pout, for it was capable of enacting what many have yearned to do for millennia.

Crush my heart to pieces.

I maintained my stance, my robe unraveling from my earlier aggressive acts of violence.

The silky robe straps that I wore slid down across my abdomen, displaying the broadness of my tanned torso and accentuating the way every muscle I possessed rippled and shone in the dim light of the room's fireplace.

My legs strained against the black joggers that now gripped my lower half, only slightly revealing my broad V-line.

I gave Hinata a piercing glare, my gaze keeping her firmly in place, "I suggest you stay right where you are. I'm afraid if you get any closer, you'll wind up hurt, my little one."

With a scoff, I shook my head once more, "Don't you get it already? I'm not going to stop. I will tear down this entire fucking place if I have to, if it means my liberation-"

"Then you are a fool."

Hinata's caustic resolve spilled from her lips faster than I could finish my sentence and pause to suck in a breath.

My stern expression cracked, and I found myself casting a startled look at the midnight blue-haired woman across the room.

The pout that formerly framed her luscious lips has now completely vanished, and in its place came a look of disappointment.

Right then and there, I received an identical

expression that the true Hinata gave me in my last recollection of her.

A look of contempt.

Before lowering her head to shake it, Hinata sighed, "No, it is you, my dear Naruto, who do not get it. You must realize that what you're doing is pointless, utterly meaningless, and just plain foolish."

The woman's body sulked, "Don't you realize that you have everything you have ever wanted right here?"

The midnight blue-haired woman took another step forward, gathering the bravery to resume her plan to move closer to my form, which was positioned just inches from the room's entrance door.

I stared at her as if I was in a mere trance, my own thoughts scrambled entirely and utterly unreliable at the moment.

Hinata's now-unclasped robe flowed side to side, mirroring her steady stride forward. Her petite figure, with its enticing curves and folds, was now on exhibit in little doses to my sinful eyes.

Her creamy breasts bounced back and forth in sync with her leisurely stride forward, her pink nipples and even darker pink areolas peeking out from beneath the soft fabrics of my silk robe that covered her. Her slim stomach compressed in tune with her breathing, and the rest of her body further downward...

Fuck.

I let out a pained hiss as I felt my entire being fall victim to Hinata's influence once more, just by her presence.

I stared as her lips opened to reveal what seemed to be lullabies, melting my brain and cleansing my soul.

I let out a shaky breath, shaking my extended hand at her, "St-Stay back."

Hinata took another step, a contented smile on display, "You are safe here, Naruto. No longer do you have to fight those who wish you dead-"

"Stop it, Hinata."

Another step.

"You don't have to spend the rest of your life searching to make up for what you've lost-"

"I said stop it, dammit!"

Hinata took another step, but it was this step that ultimately brought her in front of me, where I fervently wished she was not.

She moved in front of the entrance doorway, which I had been striving to open in whatever way I could think of for quite some time now.

But it was all useless...

My eyes widened at that realization.

Hinata frowned, before extending one delicate hand forward, in an attempt to touch my heated, masculine frame.

I flinched away, turning my head to hide my gaze away within the shaggy depths of my blonde hair, "Hinata-"

"Shh, it's okay. You're safe, my love."

In the deepest recesses of my robe, she gently rubbed her fingers against the sculpted muscles of my exposed torso to feel against my scalding flesh.

I inhaled deeply as my demonic being responded to her touch positively, pleasurable tingles shooting throughout my entire body repeatedly like electric shock waves.

"Hinata," I cursed, "Please, stop this," I whispered desperately as I felt my body inevitably succumb to her touch.

I could never bring myself to resist her.

Her mere touch surged all over my body, her hands sweeping across my pecs and up my neck.

I begged her to stop her relentless attempts to restrain me, to keep me here, but she simply persisted. It was as if I was speaking to no one at all.

My constant notes for freedom were but whispers, afflicted by a lack of direction, coupled with a desire for more of her touch and a need to be free.

Hinata simply trailed her fingers down the bulging veins that fired against my skin, appearing as a result of the wrath that had raged throughout my very essence, infecting every part of me on a physical level.

She traced such veins back and forth with delicate strokes as if her fingertips were merely paintbrushes. She painted her delicate touch over my bulging veins aroused by rage, driving them fully tamed, so that they were no longer as strained as they previously were.

With each of her strokes, I felt my wrath subside, my fight dissipates, and my desire to escape fade away like a forgotten memory.

Hinata gave me a shush as she massaged my keen body, handling it with care, "Why must you try to abandon me, Naruto? Why must you make such an effort to leave a place where everything you've ever desired is there at your fingertips?" Hinata shook her head, causing her long, dark hair to sway back and forth behind her like ribbons.

"Only a fool would turn down such a gift—the gift of having it all."

I took deep breaths and closed my eyes as Hinata's gentle voice soothed me into a tranquil state. She brought me close to her body by draping her arms around my neck, to clutch and hold.

She allowed me to sink against her lesser frame, where my massive height considerably exceeded hers. My stiffer muscles were soothed by the perkiness of her nipples and the softness of her skin as I lay against the curved form of her beautiful physique.

I took another deep breath as I felt her begin to massage circles across my backside with her dangling fingers, just through the silkiness of my black robe.

She gave me this moment of peace and tranquility to remain in her hold, against her lovely figure, to enjoy the pleasures of her delectable scent.

I sighed in bliss.

Yes, I'm your fool, Hinata.

Once more, I let my defenses down and I nestled my head deep into Hinata's shoulder, mindlessly fiddling in her hair, running my clawed fingers through her soft strands.

The dark threads of her silky-like hair flowed like water through the callousness of my fingers, parting in sections by my sharp nails, only to course down her back once again.

My eyes marveled at the sight, the simple satisfaction of observing and experiencing how soft my little one's hair was. I savored the modest joy of being held in her arms freely, allowing me to rest against her and listen to her heartbeat. Alive and beating joyously.

Thump!

Thump!

I breathed deeply.

A quiet shush followed my sighs of bliss, and I felt hands rush down my backside, racing over every muscle I possessed. I felt those very muscles begin to twitch against Hinata's fingertips.

"Shh, It's okay, my love. Everything's okay."

Hinata spoke in a low, soothing hum, just next to my ear. Her voice was covered with a sweet layer of seduction like a succubus whispering the deepest desires to mere hapless prey, an individual with all defenses drawn down.

But it was those very words of hers that managed to snap me out of the trance that she had trapped me in. It was enough for me to come back to reality.

No.

Nothing's okay.

I bent my head to peer into the lovely lavender pools below me. Such delicate eyes peered deep into my slitted red ones, where they obtained a good look at what horrors my flesh contained, as well as, what lies deep within my soul.

But never once did she falter.

Never once did she recoil.

Hinata gave me a loving gaze as she regarded me, and I suddenly realized how much I yearned for her love. I yearned for it more than I yearned for life itself, and as I gazed into her eyes now, I wished that the love I saw there was...

real.

I displayed a frown, a deep one, and drew my head even lower, lowering myself to Hinata's incredibly short frame. I dipped my head so that my lips drew close to her right ear.

By it, I inhaled deeply and I noticed Hinata began to tremble in my grasp.

"I only wished that was true, Hinata." I murmured softly, with sorrow permeating my every word, "But you and I both know, there is nothing okay about this place."

After uttering those words, I wrapped my hands around Hinata's torso, not to deepen our contact, but to give her feeble body a hard shove.

She didn't stand a chance.

The gasp of surprise that sprung from her lips was inevitable, as was the expression of betrayal that flashed before her eyes, which I had only caught the tail end of.

My push was strong enough to shift her hands away from my neck and cause her to fall to the ground with a loud thud that made my ears ring.

Her sobs of agony broke my heart, but I simply focused on the truth of the matter and disregarded everything else.

I let out a deep growl, full of contradictory emotions, before turning my back on Hinata to gaze at the weapon I had wielded earlier—the sword.

"My love, I must apologize. You have no idea how painful it is for me to reject your feelings and all of your gracious gifts. But I've been in this shithole for far too long, and my departure is well overdue."

The long strides I took across the carpet floor were enough to get me to the opposite side of the room and retrieve my sword in no time.

I clicked my tongue, my robe swaying steadily in the constant wind created by my motions as I moved forward, "Therefore, I must inform you that your pretty little words, Hinata, may have worked on me before, but not this time."

I took a step closer to my weapon and examined it briefly with my red, slitted gaze.

The sword's sharp edge was totally embedded through the bedroom's solid masonry wall, while the metal handle simply protruded from the surface.

To force it out of the wall, I reached out and wrapped one clawed fist around the slender metal handle. Under the power of my supernatural strength, the wedged blade was released from the wall in a matter of seconds, slipping out of it like butter.

The wall creaked and cracked, but it was forced to release the blade from its tremendous hold in order to make its way back into my grasp, doing so with a quiet whoosh.

I firmly gripped the sword's handle as its razor edge plummeted smoothly by my waist and toward the carpet floor, hovering only a few inches from it.

Hinata's whimpers and cries of distress could be clearly heard from a distance thanks to my sensitive ears, which magnified such sounds tenfold.

Every broken note in her sobs, every drip of betrayal and terror that spilled from her lips and emerged in a sound of pure devastation, were all audible to me.

Once upon a time, I remembered it was those very cries of hers that once offered me immense pleasure, but now...

Such cries only caused me pain—pain beyond anything I've ever experienced in my entire life.

My heart pained even more, crushing in my mighty chest, and I found myself hesitating for a brief moment. My knees grew weak and numb, and my legs lost all sensation.

But I remained strong.

"Hinata, you won't stop me from what I must do."

I made a cautious turn to face Hinata once more, my crimson eyes now visible to the terrified woman who was now on the ground, horror written all over her face.

I narrowed my eyes, "So move aside." I commanded simply, keeping my voice low to hide the range of feelings building inside of me, "I don't want to bring you any harm.."

"Wh-why, then, do I feel d-differently?" Hinata muttered under her breath, her gaze darting to the weapon I was holding. She crawled backward using her hands.

My eyes widened at her words.

The image that was transpiring at this exact moment, wasn't truly registering in my eyes, not with me standing before my lover, while she cowered at the sight of me armed.

I kept a tight eye on her as she jerkily shook her head and cowered in front of the double doors I was previously throwing myself at.

She whimpered, every part of her trembling, "You have n-no idea how much pain you have caused me by trying to leave, by throwing everything you've got at this door, Naruto."

"H-Hinata-"

"Why must you bring me such pain? Why are you trying so desperately to leave me?"

My eyes widened even further.

Hinata stifled a sob, cradling one fist by her chest, "I've done all in my power to persuade you that this place has everything you could possibly need. Even now, after all the love I've offered you and everything my body has done for you, you are unable to grasp it."

Hinata placed a hand on the door behind her, a door that would repel my own hand if I were to replicate the same gesture.

From her seated position, she rubbed the door, appearing to easily cross the imperceptible forcefield that was present.

My eyes narrowed at the sight.

"These doors..." She inhaled deeply.

"I never thought you would ever wish to use them to leave." She whispered under her breath as if having a conversation with herself. But I heard her loud and clear.

My heart was struck by a sharp sting.

She turned her head back to me, her lavender eyes glistening with tears, "I must inform you that all of your deliberate attempts to leave are pointless-"

"Pointless?" I retorted with a raised eyebrow.

By my abrupt speech, I witnessed Hinata let out a gulp, which bulged her throat as it rushed down. It looked to seem her words were merely a slip of the tongue.

Her hesitancy was noticeable, as was her sudden heartbeat's erratic rhythm.

She moved further closer to the entrance's double doors as she watched me advance forward.

"You keep saying my efforts are pointless, Hinata," I clicked my tongue, my bare feet brushing across the carpet floor in front of me, "That wasn't the first time you said that," I shook my head, my blonde bangs following my movements.

As I made every effort to uncover the hints that were in front of me—hints that were interwoven in Hinata's very speech—my voice conveyed an abiding amount of skepticism.

There has to be a way out of here.

Has to be.

The gears in my head were turning, activated to pick up every detail that has transpired in the past several moments.

Every word that was spoken, I considered.

Every action, facial expression, and hint of suspicion made by Hinata was carefully analyzed and inspected in my mind.

"No, it is you, my dear Naruto, who do not get it. You must realize that what you're doing is pointless, utterly meaningless, and just plain foolish."

"I must inform you that all of your deliberate attempts to leave are pointless."

My breath caught in my throat as I was submerged in my own head, lost in my thoughts, which seemed to consume me completely.

I shifted my gaze to the double doors that Hinata was crouching in front of, guarding.

My gaze returned to her.

Then something clicked.

Hinata's expression of panic, her frantic speech, her actions of cowering in front of the entrance door and constantly keeping her gaze rooted on the blade in my hands...

All of this led to a disturbing realization for me.

My movements came to a halt, and I was forced to combat the shakiness of my limbs and the shallowness of my breathing. The more frantically I combed through my mind to search for the missing piece of the puzzle of this place and the dark key to exit, the faster my heart raced.

I've been looking at this all wrong.

I've been ignoring the signs for far too long.

I've been observing the entire time that this prison functioned just like a real prison, one that contained a hostage by locked doors, and that this mythical prison was no different.

But it's not those double doors that are trapping me inside this room.

It's Hinata.

She is precisely what is keeping me in this situation, and if I don't deal with her appropriately, she'll keep doing so.

She stands between me and my liberation.

She is a physical representation of what the double doors behind her signify.

Imprisonment.

My lips began to tremble.

I knew that. I just didn't want to admit it.

I...

I was once again drawn back to the knowledge I had previously obtained, the dark answer to my imprisonment dilemma that I had devised before when push came to shove.

Once more turning my attention to the sword in my iron grip, I suddenly felt a pressure like never before crush my very heart with all of its might.

Those doors are not in my way.

Hinata is in my way.

That means I must take her out of the equation.

Such a mythical enchantment that has taken hold of my mind does not solely act as a prison that enslaves prisoners by dangling their desires in front of them, but it additionally serves as a test.

A test of discipline, and a test of suffering.

My breath increased in speed.

I have finally figured it out.

This prison is a two-way street and a representation of what it's like to deal with the devil—with those like my kind.

I growled, a vicious growl.

Tayuya, that pesky worm, appears to believe she's humorous.

The prisoner who is under the control of this fucked-up spell of hers receives everything they desire, but doing so means that they are imprisoned in their own minds, where they can indulge their desires as their bodies rot.

It's a way of tempting those who are incapable to become trapped in their desires forever.

It's a matter of giving individuals what they want in order to drive them to their own demise.

But letting go of such a desire, ending it, and becoming liberated from it are the keys to escaping this place.

That is the loophole.

That is the answer.

So that means...

I stared down at the weapon I was holding and then back at Hinata several times, attempting to process the situation and plan my next action.

Hinata's body trembled more and more from where she lay crouching in front of the room's shut doors, the robe she wore doing little to cover her. All the while, her gaze remained fixed on the sword in my grip.

She witnessed the sadness flash before my eyes as I came to a very horrible realization, one that visibly tore me to pieces.

Her lips began to tremble.

She knew what I was thinking.

Hinata began to beg.

"Please, don't do this, Naruto. Let's forget about all of this and just go back to how things were. Please don't let yourself ruin all that's good in your life—all good that is here."

In despair, she whimpered, "Remember. Remember what you once told me."

She cupped her hands together, her pout returning tenfold, "Remember how you told me you loved me? Remember how you swore you'd never let anyone hurt a single hair on my head? Remember when you promised you would never hurt me again?"

My breath hitched, and I snapped my head back toward Hinata. My crimson eyes widened as she spoke, and in reaction to my whirling emotions, they began to alternate frequently between blue and red.

It was my turn for my lips to tremble.

I do remember, Hinata.

Hinata gave me a faint smile, "You promised you'd change for me. You said you'd tame the monster inside of you to win back my love, and I'm here to tell you that you don't have to battle for it..."

Her cheeks lifted, and her eyes closed to express a declaration of unconditional love.

"You already have it."

Every area of my body began to lose sensation one by one. As I peered back at the magnificent sight before me, my entire body was rendered motionless, shivering like a leaf.

Nothing, absolutely nothing but my lover's words, words I had always wanted to hear from her, surged into my mind and filled my entire being with sorrow.

I whimpered.

What a total relief it would be to hear those words come from the real Hinata.

Yet again, I had to remind myself that the Hinata in front of me was not the real her.

And knowing that reality hurt me terribly, just like it did every time I had to remind myself of it.

My eyes, which were now cerulean, let out a single tear, which cascaded down my tanned cheek. I took a firmer hold of the sword's handle.

"The answer to escape this place isn't forcing my way through those doors, is it, Hinata?"

Another tear fell from my eyes, as the realization of my next move came to my attention; the inescapable truth.

I must kill Hinata.

I must let her go.

But arriving at such a conclusion just caused even more tears to stream down my face.

My eyes were like a leaking faucet, spewing out such foreign substances of moisture and warmth that I could never get used to. Such tears rushed down my cheeks and chin before landing with multiple splats on the carpet below.

Hinata watched, heartbroken, her watery eyes widening as I completely crumbled in front of her, now with the solution to leaving this place all figured out.

She stifled a sob, "N-Naruto please-"

"You've been telling me the answer all along, haven't you?"

As I made a big step forward, I cut Hinata's remarks off with a deep sob. Every second, my grip on the handle of my sword loosened.

My tears began to stream faster down my cheeks, multiplying, leaving me in a weeping mess as I peered into the pure lavender eyes that gazed back at me.

I was falling apart.

Never before have I experienced such anguish and grief over choosing to bring someone's life to an end by killing them.

I don't cry, I never fucking did for anyone. It has never been a regular occurrence for me or a chore that came naturally to me.

But for Hinata, however...

I sobbed.

"Oh, Hinata. Oh, my little one." I cried out in pain, my voice cracking hard.

Hinata retreated even more amid the room's entranceway, only to have her back brushed against the rigid material of the doors, halting her.

She gasped in shock, now with the discovery that she had nowhere else to go, nowhere else to run.

I was now before her, my body blocking her every exit and my weapon drawn. Even if she did manage to elude my grip, this room was only so vast...

I'd catch her.

She had nowhere to go.

It was now her turn to cry, and such tears streamed down her glossy eyes uncontrollably, one after the other, dampening her rosy cheeks entirely.

She shook her head violently, clutching herself in her arms as I drew closer and closer.

Every move I took was her worst nightmare.

Every tear I wept served as a reminder that I had discovered this place's sinister secrets and understood the price I was willing to pay to leave and return to reality.

I shook my head at her, "Please, Hinata, don't cry. Don't cry, my little one." I begged her pleadingly, hoping to comfort her while also appealing to her to spare me further devastation and guilt.

But it was no use.

She began to beg once more.

"Please, don't do this, Naruto. I know you. I'm c-certain that you won't f-follow through with th-this."

She shook her head once more, "You won't hurt me-"

"You're right, my love, I have vowed to never hurt you, ever again."

With a final step, I finally reached the terrified woman, and I watched as she arched her neck to meet my gaze, her tremors intensifying like never before.

She seemed so weak, frail, and vulnerable, and I found myself resisting the impulse to abandon my unforgivable plan to harm my innocent lover, to cause her additional suffering, and to submit to the monster that lives within me.

But, with much strength, I pressed onward, anyway.

I have to.

I fucking have to.

So, I lowered myself to the same height as my human lover by slowly bringing my body to a crotch, bending my knees.

Hinata struggled with her breathing, hyperventilating, heaving, and weeping, yet she never once took her eyes off me. She followed every move my body made with her gleaming gaze, even when I crouched fully in front of her.

I pouted at her and pursed my lips a little to hold back my tears. Yet it was useless.

I gave her a reassuring shake of the head, before moving one hand forward to cup her cheek. Surprisingly, she allowed me to.

"And I won't," I whispered under my breath, a response that caused Hinata's eyes to widen.

"Wh-What? You won't-"

"Yes, Hinata, I won't hurt you," I assured her with a faint smile on my lips.

I began to rub circles into her skin with my thumb, familiarizing myself with the warmth and suppleness of her skin.

In return, a lovely smile of relief raced across her pale face. But such a look was fleeting, as it vanished when Hinata caught the torrent of tears that streamed down my cheeks.

It was her turn to reach out for me, and she hurried her palm up and down my extended arm as I cradled her cheek.

She frowned, "I-If you're not going to hurt me..." Her breathing hitched, "Th-Then why are you crying...?"

No matter what I did to attempt to stop the tears from streaming down my face, they were unable to be stopped. They just kept coming.

The annoying little shits just kept spilling down my cheeks, upsetting my human lover considerably more than I had intended.

Hinata caressed my arm for comfort, even reaching out to wipe away the tears from my cheeks with her thumb, smearing the substance into my flesh. Her touch was delicate as she attempted to free me of my tears.

She gently stroked her thumb just beneath my eyes and down my cheeks, following the wet trail they left behind.

Her selfless actions, however, simply caused more tears to fall.

I bit my lip, my breathing shaky, "Hinata..."

With a heavy heart, I breathed her name and found myself fumbling for her hand.

I let go of my weapon, which clattered to the ground, before taking her extended hand in my own, tightening my grip, and laying it close to my face.

My body leaned into her touch, her warmth, and her love.

My chest began to tighten up. I hiccuped.

I disregarded Hinata's earlier question in favor of offering her everything my heart has been longing for her to know.

I sniffed, "I want to thank you, my darling, for everything you have done for me in this place. I want to express my gratitude for blessing me with your unwavering love..." I moved my head down to give her arm a kiss.

"Your kisses."

Another kiss.

"Your selflessness..."

Another kiss.

"and your acceptance."

The last kiss I gave her was on her forearm, where I was drawn closer to those gorgeous eyes of hers than before. I stared intently into her eyes, hoping that my gaze, my words, and of course my love would reach her very soul.

And I watched as a gorgeous smile spread across her lips, a smile so sweet but breathtaking that it made my problem even worse.

She rubbed my arm once more, "Oh N-Naruto..."

"Hinata." I whispered out, "we are in this room right now, because it is these moments of true intimacy that I spend with you that is where I find true peace. It is here, lying in your arms, underneath your gaze, is where I feel I belong the most."

I choked back a sob, my lips not appearing to stop moving at all. It was as though it had its own mind.

"Being in this room with you compensates for all that I lost, all of my suffering, all of my agony, and all of my internal brokenness."

I sniffed, pushing my face further against Hinata's palm, who sat and listened to every word I spoke, listening as I told her all I was feeling deep inside.

I bit my lip briefly, "And it is here that I wished deep inside that I would never leave. I wished that I would never leave your side, and that you would never leave mine." I croaked, "I found myself wanting that more than anything, true peace, with you and only you."

Now, nothing could stop me. My lover was the one and only person who could make me connect with my emotional side and cause me to cry, and as a result, my heart was now triggered and was spewing all of its secrets out through my lips.

The comfort I experienced after finally telling Hinata how much she meant to me and how much this particular room meant to me was uplifting. I experienced a lighter sensation than ever before.

I felt happier than I have ever felt.

I have no regrets at all.

And I observed as Hinata's lovely eyes expressed what her heart felt in its entirety—a boundless, blissful joy.

Her lavender eyes sparkled with happiness as she gave me the same unconditional love I had given to her—a love that made us both feel secure in one another's arms and secure in one another's hearts.

Hinata began to sob, tears of joy rushing down her face, "Oh Naruto, oh my beloved. I love you so much.

She nodded her head frantically, "Yes, you, are my peace."

A bright smile spread across my own lips, a smile of pure joy, "Yes, and you are mine..."

I exhaled a contented sigh as I took in Hinata as all of who she was, every nuance of the happiness in her eyes, and the radiant beam on her lips.

Once more I gave Hinata's cheek a soft caress. I bit my lip.

"Close your eyes, Hinata." I whispered, "Can you do that for me, my little one?"

Hinata hesitated at first due to the sound of my sharp order before ultimately obeying. I watched as she gave me a tiny nod before closing her eyes and hiding such gleaming orbs of hers from my vision.

At that moment, my fingers brushed over the sword just inches away from my huddled body, and I grasped it with all my might. But before I could do anything else, I heard Hinata's voice again.

"You're going to kill me, aren't you?"

My eyes widened at the sound of Hinata's voice asking such an ominous question, one that hinted at the acts I sought to conceal from her. It was as if she could read my mind.

I watched in disbelief as she opened her eyes again. Tears streamed down her cheeks, yet her smile belied everything.

"I-I-I..." I whispered, unable to conjure up a response. What could I possibly say to her?

Hinata shook her head as she watched my lips open and close, unable to speak the truth of my intended acts.

She smiled faintly before bringing her hand up to caress my extended arm, the one that grasped my weapon.

She shook her head, "You don't need to keep it inside, Naruto. I already know." She said with a nod, "I also know all that you desire, and what you desire most is yes, loving me, but you wish to love me freely."

She clutched my arm tighter, "not constrained or unheeded. You want my love, and you want it delivered to you completely and fully, without any restraints, deceptions, or forms of duress."

Her smile grew brighter, "That is what you desire most of all."

All time seemed to stand still as I stared in awe at the midnight blue-haired woman before me, who revealed the ultimate truth about my entire being. She probed my mind and soul with ease, interpreting my deepest thoughts and desires, ones I so resolutely keep hidden, ones that eat me up inside.

But Hinata is aware of my hardships. She is aware of my desires. She is aware of everything.

I lowered my head to sob, averting my eyes from the lavender-eyed woman before me. I couldn't look at her.

"H-Hinata, I'm s-sorry. I'm so sorry, that I have to..."

"Kiss me, Naruto." She breathed with a faint smile, her hand giving me one last caress on my arm. My head twisted to face her, and my drained blue eyes widened.

"It's okay, just kiss me."

That was all Hinata said, and I couldn't afford to waste a single moment.

I kissed her.

And in that time, we both flung ourselves at one another, exchanging a powerful kiss of love that gave our hearts a chance to fully unite and merge into one.

Hinata's lips caressed mine with such tenderness and passion, pouring her heart and soul into the kiss to express what she was feeling internally.

I did the same.

I gave her my all.

Such a kiss was far deeper than any other kiss I'd ever given Hinata. It was one in which I truly left her with all of my love, all of my wishes, and all of my agony. It was both a farewell kiss and an apologetic kiss that prompted me to make my final decision.

To fulfill my sacrifice.

My hand grasped my sword once more, grasping the handle securely in my grasp, and only then, did I perform what I must with all the strength in my being.

I didn't falter.

I didn't hesitate, because I knew if I did...

I wouldn't be able to do what needs to be done.

Another tear dropped down my cheek.

I'm sorry Hinata. But this is goodbye.

The strike I delivered to Hinata's body was swift and powerful, so much so that she was unable to register what happened in the initial couple of seconds.

The blade in my grasp cut straight through her torso, embedding itself in the massive double doors of the entryway behind her.

The kiss was cut short by a cry of pain that burst from her mouth. It was a piercing cry of pure anguish that caused my ears to ring, my heart to beat erratically, and my body to enter a state of shock.

Holy fuck, what have I done?

What have I done to you, Hinata?

My eyes widened as I focused down Hinata's body to witness the blood that was beginning to spill out of her chest and cover everything in sight in a matter of seconds.

Blood.

My body began to shake irregularly.

There was so much blood.

Hinata cried out in agony, blood spilling from the cracks of her mouth. But all the while, she held my hand tight.

"N-N-Naruto. Ahh, N-Naruto. It hurts! It hurts so much, Naruto!"

She yelled my name again and again, expressing how much anguish her body was in as a result of the wound I had inflicted on her.

She clung to my name like a broken record, as if it were the only thing her mind could think of. Her lifeline was my name.

She cried out my name and the extent of her suffering in tortured screams, and that was only then my heart officially shattered into a million pieces.

I shushed her, many times, to not only calm her, but to also ease my guilt.

"I'm sorry, Hinata, fuck. Everything is going to be okay. It's okay." I exclaimed in a panic.

To prevent the sword's might from further piercing her internal organs, I carefully eased it out of her chest. I used gentle force, and as I did, I tried my best to ease her by running one hand through her silky hair.

"It's okay, my love. You're okay." I tried to reassure her once more, but the pain broke through.

She whimpered in pain as I slowly pulled the blade out of her flesh, her fragile, hemorrhaging body shaking in its slouched position against the room's double doors.

The thick, murky blood from the inner depths of her body slowly gushed out of her like an ongoing faucet, leaking from her backside to soak the double doors behind her.

It didn't take long to slowly pry the bloody sword from Hinata's chest until the entire blade was free. Only then, did I throw the weapon away, across the room, to get it out of my sight.

I could no longer stand to look at it.

Following that, I delicately wrapped my arms around my human lover's body and drew her into a bridal position. My acts of relocating her, however, caused her much anguish, but I did my best to console her in her final moments, to be there for her, and to earn her forgiveness.

"I'm so, so sorry. Please forgive me, Hinata."

Like the wounded creature I was, I began to repeatedly recite those somber words. It was the only phrase my mind could come up with.

In a matter of seconds, I moved Hinata's body far away from the double doors leading to the room's entry and instead placed her on my bed.

I carefully set her on one of the bed's pillows while cupping the back of her head, hoping that by propping her body, she could feel less pain.

But I knew deep down, there was nothing I could do to help her.

I held her hand as I stood there over her and continued to say the same goddamn phrases, meaningless words of comfort.

"I'm so sorry, oh fuck. Please forgive me, Hinata, please."

I observed her as her trembling worsened, as the massive slice along the center of her chest spewed more blood, which slid down her naked body, coating everything in her vicinity.

Her hair.

Her robe.

My pillows.

My bed.

Everything.

There was no doubt that the cut I made to her body was lethal, given the force utilized and its current location along her chest.

She was going to die.

I stood there in disbelief as she wheezed and coughed up blood, unable to speak a single word. I watched as the very vitality within her began to depart from her body, the excruciating pain she felt taking every ounce of energy from her.

Her breathing became labored, trembling, and frantic as her body weakened.

My keen ears could clearly detect her once heartbeat, just like before.

Her heart, once steady and robust, was now progressively weakening. My misery and guilt increased as I was forced to listen to the thumps of her heartbeat as it approached the end.

Thump...

Thump...

I was forced to endure the calamity in front of me, which was entirely the result of my own actions; by my own hands.

And to make matters worse, Hinata's lavender eyes never left mine the whole while.

She stared up at me, ever so dully in her lying position, her eyelids hooded, lacking the brightness they once had, and now blanketed by a deathly fog.

Even her skin began to turn a sickly pale tint as a result of her significant blood loss.

She, however, continued to hold my hand with all the might she could muster. She also made a tiny gesture with her thumb, which I noticed, where she faintly brushed the back of my hand.

A gesture of reassurance.

It wasn't long until tears streamed down my cheeks again, this time at the sight of my little one in so much anguish, and her death approaching so swiftly.

The image in front of me was something I never expected to see.

I vowed to keep Hinata safe.

I vowed I wouldn't put her in danger.

I vowed she would never know pain to this extent.

I assured her that such a horrid fate—the one she's currently experiencing, would never befall her.

But I can't keep any of my promises.

Not a single damn one.

But my thoughts were interrupted by Hinata's unexpected action, which drew my attention immediately.

Even though she was in pain, she flashed me a faint smile, a gesture that unfortunately did not reach her dull eyes. She squeezed my hand one last time. It was only at that moment, I knew...

It was her end.

I began to panic.

"Hinata, fuck! Hinata! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry that I did this to you! I'm a monster! I'm a fucking monster, I know, to bring you so much pain. I-I'm sorry that this happened-!"

"Shh."

Hinata breathed out through her labored breath, bringing my panic to a halt.

Only then did she say her parting words, which caused me more grief than relief.

She smiled at me, once more.

"I l-love you, Naruto..."

And it was at that precise moment that I had to witness my lover draw her last breath and succumb to the cold specter of death.

And now...

On my bed, drenched in blood, is all that remains of her, a lifeless corpse.

Hinata's eyes became lifeless, no longer moving, but locked on mine. Her hand was limp in my grasp, and her heartbeat had stopped completely.

No longer could I hear anything from her.

Nothing.

Hinata was gone.

Dead.

And at that exact moment, I experienced a wave of unbearable pain that consumed my mind, body, and soul along with a sense of deja vu.

This pain was so great, so excruciating, that it reminded me of the agony I experienced when I witnessed the massacre of my family.

I felt something break inside of me.

It was all too much to bear.

Too much.

I was no longer aware, not even of my own physical movements. I simply placed Hinata's hand on the bed, mimicking the position of her other hand.

My eyes flickered from red to blue as I reflexively moved my palm forward to run swiftly over Hinata's face, simply to close her eyelids and officially lay her to rest.

I felt my body twitch.

I felt my body grow numb.

I felt my body...

And before I knew it, an agonizing scream ripped its way out of my mouth, one so loud, it filled the entire room, bouncing off of the walls and ringing in my own ears.

The pain I felt deep inside weighed so heavily on my shoulders, on my entire body, that I felt all of my muscles give way beneath the pressure. My body appeared to stop working entirely as a result.

I crumpled to the ground like a lifeless rag doll, clinging to the strands of my blonde hair with my claws with all my strength.

I repeatedly punched my skull with my clawed fists, screaming to the ground at the top of my lungs.

"Fuck! Fuck!! Fuck!!!"

I screamed in anguish, all the pain, sorrow, and grief I felt from inflicting and watching Hinata's death spilling out in a torrent of waves.

The agony I felt seemed to last forever.

The agony within me steadily grew and grew, devouring every fiber of my being to ultimately fester into something far worse.

So much worse.

The area around me didn't stand a chance.

My wrath was directed against the room surrounding me. I forcefully yanked my own body off of the floor to begin my hunt around the room in a blood rage.

I began to rip through every item of furniture I saw, everything my rabid eyes could land on.

I ripped my entire room apart, leaving havoc and destruction in my wake. I filled my room with anguished screams and roars, as well as the crash and smash of furniture, transforming the formerly tranquil place into a waking nightmare in order to replicate my broken heart.

And I didn't stop until I was satisfied.

Not until...

Ultimately, my broken body collapsed in front of the bloody entrance doors of the room, my red eyes peering up at it from my knees.

This time, though, I was confronted with an unexpected surprise.

My eyes widened.

The door appeared incredibly different. No longer did it bore the emblem of my demon marking. In fact, it looked to no longer be marred by any markings.

The snake-shaped handles were no longer dormant but now shone a bright blue, which was a significant change from before.

Shakily, I reached out with one clawed hand to touch the door, brushing my fingertips against it to determine if the forcefield was present.

It wasn't.

I wasn't repelled. I wasn't pushed back at all.

My breath hitched.

I did it...

I...

More tears streamed down my cheeks as I shakily turned my head to observe my lover's slaughtered and abandoned corpse on my bed.

I closed my mouth to hide the cries that were trying to escape. In shame, I cowered away.

But at what cost?

Even with the knowledge that, yes, I was liberated, that I had deciphered Tayuya's spell and defeated her at her own game, that is, by doing the one thing necessary to escape this mythical hellhole...

Even knowing all of that...

I still didn't feel even a shred of happiness or jubilation for the matter.

I did not feel accomplished at all.

I killed Hinata, for fucks sake.

However, I'm indeed liberated from this demented hellscape, after all this time. I'm finally free to leave and return to the real world to finalize the conflict with my adversaries once and for all.

But after all that's happened...

I gave Hinata's body a final look, noting the manner in which she pleasantly laid on my bed, so oddly still.

She didn't say a word. She didn't move one inch.

She simply lied there, in her own blood.

Such a heinous scene effortlessly etched its way into my mind, where I knew it would remain for all eternity. Forever haunting me, forever torturing me.

No matter what I do, or how hard I try, I know this very day will stay with me forever.

More tears fell.

No, I'm not free.

Not in the least. 

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

A.N.

Whew, that was... a lot.

Especially to come back to for a while, I know. I'm sorry about that. 😅

It's been almost a year since I updated this book (I believe), so I wanted to return with not only a long chapter, but also one that is eventful, engrossing, dark, and well... tragic...

In this chapter, Naruto had to make a virtually impossible decision. In order to escape the mythical prison world Tayuya had put him in, he had to commit an unimaginable act.  The majority of you already knew what that something was.

He had to kill Hinata; it's not actually her, but it's her, and it hurts him all the same.

And, of course, it was a VERY difficult task for him to make the sacrifice and be the one to kill the only person he loves. And doing so would cause him greater damage than before.

All I gotta say is, the demon hunters are in for it now. 😬😬

I'm sure you all shed a tear or two when reading this, as I did, writing this. It took me a while to get back into the swing of things, but once I did, I was able to write this chapter in the way that it should be written to fit in with the rest of the story.

As you can expect, the events made it difficult to write this chapter. It was so heartbreaking! 😭😭

But, I hope you all.. enjoyed?

This was a sad chapter, but an update no doubt, so I hope you all are at least happy about that!

I know I am! 😚

It's been so long, haha! I'll try not to take as long to write and update the next chapter.

But in the meantime, don't forget to vote and comment! I would appreciate it tremendously!

Also, take care! I'll see you next time, hopefully soon!❤️

-Powerful_Niya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 25.9K 85
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
610K 9.5K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
166K 5.8K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
1.1M 38.1K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...