To Be Loved...

By sybilish

[ description ] โคท In which David rossi persuades hotch to take on his god son under his wing to prep... More

TO BE LOVED
P L A Y L I S T
A R T G A L L E R Y
E P I G R A P H
A C T I โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„
i. mr. god son
ii. trial two
iii. trial two ( part 2 )
iv. dean byers
v. death has spoken
vi. the byers brothers
A C T II โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„
vii. welcome back
viii. teamwork
ix. the bro talk
x. smoke screen
xi. finally free
xii. then what?
xiv. sherwood, nevada
xv. sherwood, nevada ( part 2 )
xvi. dead ends
A C T III โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„
xvii. addicted to your touch
xviii. devilish acts
xix. devilish acts ( part 2 )
xx. i got you, you got me
xxi. for a night like this

xiii. birds of a feather

709 44 28
By sybilish

TO BE LOVED
:: xiii, birds of a feather

It had only been three days since Thomas found out about jj's news. He was a bit surprised but happy for her at the same time. He wasn't going to make much of a deal of it but, deep down he was kind of upset even though he had a relationship with Emily.

So just to suppress those feelings, he curled up in his bed with his laptop and turned on Netflix. He at least thought he would watch his comfort show to help him fall asleep and make him feel better. That show was none other than Gilmore Girls. He'd never admit it, but that's his favorite show. His favorite character is sookie. He would describe her as funny, smart, and hell if he had a bite of her food, then amazing cook.

Just as he was sinking into another rewatch, there was banging at his door. He paused the episode and hopped off the bed. He opened the door to his bedroom and walked out, heading to the front door. As soon as that door opened, he came face to face with someone who he thought he would never see again.

"Chrissy?"

"Hi, Tommy." She smiled.

She was sure a blast from the past, a past consisting of over a decade ago. He couldn't believe she was standing in front of him at his apartment after all this time. It wasn't that long ago she was brought up in a conversation with his brother who was currently out doing whatnot.

Thomas stepped aside, letting her in as he tried to find the right words.

"I-l'm just shocked that's all." He closed the front door, "I haven't seen you since high school and this is just blowing my mind."

She nodded, "It's been that long? Wow."

"Not to sound rude, but what are you doing here?"

"I need your help tommy." She was the only person to ever call him that.

• • •

"If there was a series of murders back home, I would've known about it." He told her as the two were seated on the couch at one in the morning.

She shook her head, "Doubt it. These killings go back all the way to high school. I did a little research before coming." She continued, "I know you're in the FBI and had to have something prominent or your team won't take the case."

"How'd you find out about this?"

"My brother still lives in Sherwood. He follows the news." She looked into his eyes, "So will you help?"

Just looking into her eyes, felt like high school all over again. He couldn't help but be in awe as he tried to form the words, "Definitely."

Right when that word left his lips, the door swung open and Dean walked through. He was quite stunned of who he found sitting on the couch with his bother.

• • •

After a goodnight rest of sleeping on the couch because he gave Chrissy his bed, his eyes fluttered open around six in the morning. He swung his legs over and stood up from the couch, rubbing his eyes. Thomas then made his way to the coffee machine in the kitchen and put one on, before heading to his bedroom.

Of course he knocked lightly before opening the door. He saw that she was still asleep and walked around to the side of the bed. He then tapped Chrissy's shoulder and just by that, her eyes opened.

"Morning." She stretched her legs under the covers.

"Morning." He whispered, "I'm getting ready for work but maybe you want to come with me to tell my team about Sherwood?"

"Yeah, ok."

He continued small talk as he made his way to his closet, "Hey, don't you have some place to stay? Last I heard, you married your high school sweetheart."

She scoffed, "That was five years ago. He's old news."

"What happened?" He pulled off the suit from the hanger.

"He wasn't who I thought he was. That's all." She continued, "The funny part his, I had that feeling back in high school and I was stupid enough to stay with him."

Thomas turned towards her, "I'm sure there's someone out there for you. Someone who deserves your love and who'll treat you right."

"Hope so." She mumbled, giving him a longingly look, "Always thought you were the one that got away."

"How do you mean?"

"I knew you had a crush on me, tommy." She shrugged, "It just sucks you never made a move."

He'd be lying if he didn't say that didn't make him smile on the inside. Knowing that he always had a chance back then but he was just too scared? It pissed him off but circumstances were different back then.

However, he continued to get ready in the bathroom, leaving Chrissy to get ready in the bedroom. By six thirty, the two were out the apartment and in Thomas' car heading to the BAU.

• • •

As soon as they got there, Thomas and Chrissy went to Hotch's office. Chrissy then told him about Sherwood and her knowledge. Hotch then asked for Thomas' input and all he said was that Sherwood would always be his home and if there's a killer on the loose, he needs to catch them.

With very valuable information, Hotch decided it was a go. He told Garcia to round up the team in the conference room. And since no one else had any knowledge about these murders, Chrissy was the one to debrief them about it. The looks she was getting while talking were indescribable, especially from Penelope.

After the debrief, Hotch announced that they would head on the jet in about twenty minutes. In those twenty minutes, Thomas showed Chrissy out.

"I'll keep you updated. Don't do anything drastic. And here." He gave his car keys to her, "So you can get to my place. Stay as long as you need."

"Thanks, tommy." She lightly smiled, taking the keys.

She soon stepped on the elevator and was headed towards the exit as he then began to return back his desk. Yes, all eyes were on him as he did so. Everyone was curious of Chrissy and her relationship to Thomas, especially jj and Emily.

However though, he was just happy to be helping out in anyway and maybe a little nervous to returning back to home because that's where he left his parents who he hasn't seen since he graduated high school.

a/n:
honestly, this was a twist when I was
writing it lol. i already know the faceclaim
of Chrissy.

Megan Fox as Chrissy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 15.6K 103
"how could a heart like yours ever love a heart like mine?" ...
131K 2.3K 29
Hotch x Reader You joined the BAU at a fairly young age, little did you know it would not only become your life but your family. When Jason left you...
73.3K 749 4
๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐Ž๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐š ๐’๐ฅ๐จ๐š๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐’๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ซ ๐‘๐ž๐ข๐'๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ. ๐œ๐ซ๐ข๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ 3-8 ๐จ๐œ ๏ฟฝ...
114K 3.1K 25
โ๐™„ ๐™จ๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ.โž๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ค ๐™จ๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™™๐™ง๐™ž๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง'๐™จ ๐™จ๐™š๐™–๏ฟฝ...