RWBY and JNPR Watch The Proje...

By CeruleanLancer

Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project Freelancer. The teams loved the Recollection Trilogy but it's... More

S9E1
S9E2
S9E3
S9E4
S9E5
S9E6
S9E7
S9E8
S9E9
S9E10
S9E11
S9E12
S9E13
S9E14
S9E15
S9E16
S9E17
S9E18
S9E19
S9E20
Mini-Series: Where There's a Will, There's a Wall
PSA's: Drafted/What I Did on My Summer Vacation
S10E1
S10E2
S10E3
S14E1
S14E17
S10E4
S10E5
S14E16
S14E19
S14E12
S14E21
S14E22
S10E6
S10E7
S10E8
S10E9
S10E10
S10E11
S10E12
S10E13
S10E14
S10E15
S10E16
S10E17
S10E18
S10E19
S10E20
S10E21
S10E22
S10 Extra Scenes
S14E2
S14E3
S14E4

Mini-Series: MIA

1.4K 22 10
By CeruleanLancer

Author's note:

Last chapter I fucked up and wrote Ruby doing the loser speech and not Weiss. Chalk that up to my stupidity writing that scene at 2 A.M. after work. Welp I fixed it, originally Ruby had lost and I forgot to change it. Ugh I woke up and saw my mistake and got so annoyed.

Fun fact of the day, if I take too long on a chapter. I'll usually cram to get it out late at night even though I have no deadline. I only had the 3 rounds scene left to write and that got less attention than the reactions. I went over their reactions probably three times because I knew it was more important.

Also, while there is a lot of runtime in this mini-series. There's not much for them to react to, I tried my best to make it interesting.

Cover Art: Cruz7808

Chapter 21- Mini-series: MIA

Team JNPR's dorm, an hour after their "Tournament."

"It's been an hour and you're still sulking." Yang rolled her eyes in Weiss's direction.

Weiss Schnee, proud heiress to the Schnee Dust Company and even prouder Huntress in training... huffed like a petulant child. "I was last and I had to make that ridiculous speech.

Snickers erupted around her.

"And I will never live it down." Weiss added.

"Oh come on Weiss, I placed second to last. It's not that bad." Ruby waved her off.

Weiss shot Ruby a glare, telling her it was exactly that bad. "I would like a rematch, with our weapons and semblances."

"Oh come on we do that enough in Ms. Goodwitch's class." Ruby whined. "I don't want to train, that was just for fun."

"Me neither." Jaune laughed, "But you're right it was fun, I'll take my score of thirteen in stride."

Ruby groaned, "Ugh I can't believe I did that badly with the pugil sticks."

"What happened to 'it not being that bad'." Weiss mocked.

Ruby ignored her, mentally chiding herself. I know weapons and I let Jaune beat me!... hmm well he has gotten better. Guess I shouldn't complain, at least I did good with the ice dust.

"I wouldn't take that first match to heart, we were kind of just messing around." Yang pointed out. "I mean I used my pugil stick like a bat." Yang turned to Ruby. "But you, you still need to work on hand to hand."

Ruby stuck her tongue out, gesturing to Crescent Rose.

Pyrrha chuckled, "It was nice to relax in a sparring match. I didn't feel the need to get a perfect zero score. I'm happy with my four. Anyway I'd like to start the next episode."

"Yes please." Weiss begged, anything to take her mind off the tournament. "So what is it we're meant to watch next? A miniseries?"

Jaune nodded, "Filss said there would be two mini-series. Probably set in between seasons nine and ten."

"Maybe not though, I was thinking one could be of the events with the real reds and blues and Carolina." Blake commented.

"I'd love to see Carolina and the group's first meeting." Pyrrha chuckled. "I hope you're right."

Blake nodded, "Me too, I'm mostly interested in what Washington's thoughts were when he saw her again. She was presumed dead for a long time."

"Well it looked like they had a good working relationship if anything." Weiss pointed out. "He called her boss so he wasn't worried about his position."

"What about the other mini-series?" Ruby asked.

"Probably freelancer related." Ren suggested.

"Hopefully," Blake's ears perked up.

"I'm hoping for more Blood Gulch scenes." Nora commented.

"I can see them doing more Blood Gulch scenes. Like stuff they couldn't do in the first few seasons. Or skits they never got to do." Jaune commented.

"That would be interesting I guess." Weiss frowned. "But I'd rather the more serious stories."

"Come on there'll be enough of that in the next season." Nora whined. "That stuff is cool and everything but every season gets more serious than the last. I want fun gags..." she pouted.

"I wouldn't worry, somehow they have been able to fit their fun gags in the middle of serious scenes and not ruin the tone." Blake laughed.

"Caboose's voice of god is one of the highlight's of last season." Pyrrha chuckled.

"Well let's see what the first mini-series is. Then tomorrow we can start season ten." Jaune said as he hit play.

" MIA: Episode 1" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"Missing in action." Pyrrha sat up, "This could be about Carolina."

"Probably after she was presumed dead.. KIA." Blake added.

Fade into Blood Gulch with Simmons poking in and out of Red Base and Sarge happily singing from afar.

"Yeah Blood Gulch!" Nora cheered.

Pyrrha chuckled, "Well maybe the next mini-series will show Carolina more."

"I'd like more character development on her part." Blake commented.

"Me too." Ruby whined, "She's like a mean clone of Pyrrha that's competitive."

Pyrrha laughed, "Yeah... I'm competitive too but not as reckless as her."

"I'd describe her as more selfishly ambitious than you. Or at the very least, ambitious for the director's approval." Blake explained.

Pyrrha nodded with a grimace, "For the director's approval, I don't think she can beat Tex there."

"Ooo I wonder who'd win in a fight." Nora pondered.

"Tex... unless her failure acts up again. She basically has negative plot armor." Yang quipped, Blake laughed at her joke.

Pyrrha chuckled, "I think Carolina, but only if she can concentrate and avoid letting her desperation to win get in her way."

"They both have strong flaws hindering them." Ren nodded.

Simmons: "(running around Red Base) Grif! Grif!"

Sarge: "(singing to himself) Dododo. It's Friday, Friday, gotta' get down on Friday, hey!"

"I love Fridays." Nora commented.

Simmons: "Grif!"

Sarge: "(still singing) Everybody's looking forward to the weekend, weekend."

Simmons: "Grif!"

Blake's eyes widened "Oh I get it."

"What?" Ruby asked.

"Grif's MIA." Blake explained.

"Probably sleeping somewhere." Weiss scoffed.

Sarge: "(humming) Dododododo."

"Whatever he's singing is really catchy." Nora commented.

"Sounds like pop lyrics." Jaune added.

Simmons: "HEY GRIF! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!? Hey... Sarge?"

"It's kind of like the start of season nine, when Tucker was yelling for Church." Jaune commented.

Cut to a close up of Sarge and Simmons.

Sarge: "Why hello there Simmons! What a fine morning! What can I do you for?"

"He's happy." Nora grinned.

Simmons: "Wow. You seem to be in a good mood."

Sarge: "I am! I have been all day! Can't figure out why though. But I'm just gonna' go with it. Who knows why these things happen? You have to embrace them while you can."

Ren smiled, "Very insightful wisdom."

"My mom says roughly the same thing." Jaune added.

"I always embrace it." Nora giggled.

"Yeah, just go with the flow." Yang nodded.

Simmons: "Hey, have you seen Grif?"

Sarge: "Damn it! I think I just figured it out. No, I haven't seen him."

"Grif's mere presence makes Sarge angry?" Pyrrha raised an eyebrow.

"Well he probably smells so.." Ruby shrugged tilting her head.

Simmons: "Yeah, me neither. And he's not sleeping. It's really not like him to be up and about this early."

Sarge: "Yeah, It's only 1 P.M. Did you check his usual napping spots?"

Simmons: "Yeah, I did. I checked the bunks."

Sarge: "Check under the bunks too?"

"Under?" Yang overdid a disgusted face. "I don't want to sleep with Blake's books."

"This joke is getting old." Blake rolled her eyes.

"Not for me." Yang chuckled.

Simmons: "And in all the foot lockers."

"He can fit in those?" Weiss asked.

"Oh you'd be surprised at how easy it is to fit in small spaces." Jaune rubbed his cheek, laughing nervously.

Pyrrha shook her head.

Sarge: "What about that space between the mattress and the springs? Where he keeps those magazines."

Yang laughed, Blake shot her a glare. "Don't you dare, I'm tired of these jokes."

"That's why they never get old to her." Ruby sighed.

"Or you, don't high road yourself." Blake narrowed her eyes into slits.

Ruby pressed her lips inward, blushing at being called out.

Yang turned to Blake with a shit eating grin. It fell a second later as she just laughed. "You know what, you're right. I make too many jokes about you reading porn books."

Blake raised an eyebrow expectantly, "But?.. I know you Yang. Spit it out."

Yang laughed, "I should start making fun of the over-dramatic romance in between the graphic sex scenes."

Blake sighed. "Sure, you do that."

Ruby frowned, turning to Yang "..How do you know so much about her books?"

Blake smirked, turning to look directly at Yang. She shrugged, "I read the summaries of the books we've caught her reading. Ninja's of love and her latest novel My Sweet Samurai."

Blake groaned, "Don't say caught as if I'm a child doing wrong. They're books."

"You hide those books behind other books when you're reading then. You're supposed to do that with scrolls, not porn." Yang pointed out.

"Wait that's what you're doing?" Nora laughed.

Blake slammed her head backwards onto a bed, refusing to acknowledge the group.

Simmons: "I did!"

Sarge: "Look in the mess hall pantry?"

Simmons: "Yeah, the food was all eaten, but he wasn't sleeping on any of the shelves."

"Dealing with him has to be an exercise in restraint." Weiss commented.

"Dealing with an obnoxious yellow colored teammate always is." Blake sighed.

"Hey. Grif is orange." Yang corrected.

Sarge: "So... he ate all the food... but made it more than ten feet before collapsing in a food-induced coma! That really doesn't sound like him."

"Does sound eerily like Nora though." Ren commented. "And Ruby." Weiss added.

Nora giggled, raising a fist to Ruby. "Sugar crash pals?"

"Yeah!" Ruby and Nora fistbumped.

Simmons: "I know, he could be hurt! He could be laying somewhere right now in trouble! He could even be dying! I'm worried, sir."

Sarge: "What are you worried about?"

Nora laughed.

Simmons: "I'm... worried about all the stuff I just said."

Sarge: "Well, don't worry Simmons. I'm sure that Grif is either perfectly fine, or he's dead."

"Grif being perfectly fine would worry Sarge." Pyrrha commented.

Nora giggled, "I know, I don't hate Grif but I love that Sarge hates Grif."

"I think Grif gets a bad rap compared to others." Jaune complained.

"I think Grif gets a pretty honest rap." Weiss snapped back. "Although in my opinion, Tucker is worse."

"What's wrong with Tucker?" Jaune asked.

"Besides his sexual deviancy?" Weiss asked. "Or lack thereof because in actuality he's a braggart of non-existent sexual conquests."

Jaune blushed, "Uhh yeah, besides that I guess. He's gotten better." He weakly defended.

Weiss hummed, "That is true, Grif hasn't changed much from his lazy ways."

"Blue team gets most of the development." Blake pointed out.

"That's fine by me, I love red team the way they are." Nora grinned.

"But you're wrong." Nora said to Weiss. "Grif isn't as lazy anymore. And he's only lazy because he doesn't respect Sarge."

"I think he only said that to anger Sarge." Pyrrha pointed out.

Nora nodded, turning to Blake, "And Sarge has changed too."

"I know." Blake agreed, "But blue team still gets the most development although red team has gotten some. Except for Simmons and Donut."

"Donut has been 'dead' for two seasons." Yang pointed out, making air quotes.

Blake nodded, "I wonder if Simmons not having an alternate personality at the beginning of season nine was an inside joke. Or a hidden fourth wall break."

"Because he hasn't changed much over the series?" Jaune asked.

Blake nodded, Pyrrha frowned. "He has changed some, he holds less respect for Sarge."

"He still kisses up to him though." Ruby pointed out.

Simmons: "That seems like two extreme scenarios, sir."

Sarge: "Not really, in either case, he'll just spend most of the day laying around and smelling bad. That effect on us is the same."

Mixed laughter erupted from the group.

"He'll die as he lived." Yang quipped.

"Flat on his belly." Nora added with a snicker.

Simmons: "You make a strong point, sir."

"And Grif makes a strong smell." Yang winked. "Ehh?"

The corners of Ren's lips turned up into a slight grin, everyone else groaned.

Cut to Caboose pushing out crates from Blue Base with Tucker and Church watching from a nearby hill.

Caboose: "Ah... ahh... ahhh... pushing. Ahhh... hernia."

Jaune laughed, "Another reference to an older season."

"What, hernia?" Ren asked.

Nora giggled, "Sarge said it when he was trying to push the jeep out of a ditch."

Church: "Tucker! What the hell are these boxes doing outside the base?"

Tucker: "Don't ask me, Caboose has been moving them all morning."

Church: "Caboose! What the hell are you doing man?"

Caboose: "Ah. You told me to clean up the storeroom."

"He's being thorough." Ren mumbled.

"I want to see what they have in their storeroom." Ruby commented.

"You know.. we've never seen the inside of the bases. Just the hallways and the big room in the center. Never the bunks or anything downstairs." Pyrrha commented.

"Probably because there isn't, I think we've seen all there is." Jaune explained.

Church: "Yeah, but all these boxes can't be just laying around outside."

Caboose: "Why not?"

"Sun-bleaching the cases and possible damage to the contents inside from water damage and/or heat damage." Weiss listed.

"Thank you professor." Yang drawled, Ruby and Blake snickered.

"It's important to know, it's why we don't hang our extra baggage out the window." Weiss shook her head.

"Do people do that?" Nora asked?

"Other people with small dorms didn't think to make bunk beds." Weiss explained. "You can imagine how well that worked out."

Church: "What do you mean 'Why not?' They're outside!"

Tucker: "He's got a good point, dude, the cases are water-proof. Who cares if they're outside?"

"Rules out water damage." Weiss commented.

"Water proof means water resistant for a short time." Jaune grimaced.

"Yeah nothing's water proof, it's all a lie." Nora gasped.

"Schnee Dust Company cases are.." Weiss murmured.

Church: "I told you to organize the crates. I told you to stack them in rows, remember? I said: 'It's just like Tetris.'"

"What's Tetris?" Nora frowned.

Caboose: "Well I did stack them like Tetris. But every time I made full row they didn't disappear like they're supposed to!"

"No idea what they're referencing." Jaune commented.

"And there are no clues for what it could be either." Blake added.

Church: "That's not what I meant! That's not how it works, dummy!"

Tucker: "Actually that's exactly how Tetris works. What, you haven't played the game before?"

"Oh it's a game." Ruby nodded.

"What kind of game involves stacking boxes that disappear?" Weiss asked.

"Probably an arcade game." Jaune shrugged.

Church: "This is real life, Tucker!"

Caboose: "The only way to win is not to play."

"The only way to win real life is not to play? That's depressing." Ruby grimaced.

"Caboose says things like that a lot." Pyrrha shrugged her shoulders.

Tucker: "Hey, Caboose, maybe you should try humming that Russian song! That might make 'em disappear."

"Rushing song ooo." Ruby's eyes widened slightly. "I like fast music."

"He said rushin really weird." Jaune added.

Caboose: "Dee dee dee, dee dee dee, deedeedee, deedeedee... Deedeedee, deedeedee!"

"This is catchy too." Nora laughed, "Sarge and Caboose should be the singers for this show instead of the golden alien and Weiss."

"Not me." Weiss sighed.

"I cannot wait for 'not you' to sing a song with no added effects." Yang pointed at Weiss. "You will see- no hear yourself sing."

Weiss scoffed, crossing her arms.

Church: "Stop that."

Caboose: "Deedeedee, deedeedee deedeedee, deedeedee deedeedee."

Church: "Caboose!"

Caboose: "Dee dee dee deedeedee dee dee dee! Dee Da Dai! Didon don dondondon... dondon!"

"He just got louder." Pyrrha laughed.

Church: "Caboose!"

Caboose: "Sorry..."

Church: "Okay come on guys, we can't just leave everything from the storeroom out in the middle of the lawn. Where are we going to put all this stuff?"

Caboose: "Well, the storeroom is empty."

Pyrrha laughed, Weiss shook her head.

Church: "Uh! Okay, great. Let's put it in there."

Caboose: "And I'll get back to work! Deedeedee deedeedee dee dee dee."

Church: "CABOOSE!"

Caboose: "Sorry..."

Scene cute to black

"Short episode, wonder how many there are in this mini-series." Jaune mumbled, hitting play.

" MIA: Episode 2" appeared on the screen with the theme.

Ruby hummed along to the theme, Jaune, Yang, and Nora joined in towards the end.

Sarge is seen standing outside Red Base. Simmons runs out to tell Sarge about the mysterious letter taped to the wall.

Simmons: "Oh, hey Sarge. Did you see this piece of paper on the wall?"

Sarge: "What is it?"

Simmons: "It's a letter. It might be a ransom note."

"That's a pretty strong leap in logic?" Weiss cringed, flabberghasted.

"It has the cut out letters of a newspaper." Ruby pointed out.

"Yeah that's like, ransom note 101." Jaune added.

Weiss shook her head, ransom notes are barbaric. Her thoughts turned to past family friends who disappeared. Although there was no ransom note for them, they weren't important enough. Her thoughts then went to the board members who had been executed, even after ransom had been paid. No ransom paid by the SDC only by the board member's family. Still executed, just to prove a point. "Money can't save you now."

Blake's thoughts mirrored Weiss's, she recalled the arguments with Adam over Sienna's brutal tactics and seeing her brothers in the White Fang crowd around scrolls, watching execution videos. Both forced the all too common thoughts and memories from their minds.

Sarge: "How can you tell?"

Simmons: "Well, it's made of a bunch of cut out letters from newspapers. Pretty uninspired design, now that I think about it. Kind of predictable really."

"Can anyone read it?" Weiss asked.

Blake shook her head.

Sarge: "Some people have no flare for presentation."

"Donut should have wrote it." Nora giggled.

Yang laughed, "He's all about presentation."

Simmons: "I think Grif has been kidnapped."

Sarge: "Kidnapped? Who would kidnap Grif?"

"Grif probably kidNapped himself." Yang snickered.

"Ugh." Ruby groaned.

Yang looked around to see no one laughing, "You know? Because he takes a lot of naps."

Complete and utter silence, Yang didn't mind.

Simmons: "Someone with a really strong back I guess."

"Lift with your legs, not your back." Pyrrha grimaced, "Even with aura you can really injure yourself."

Sarge: "Let me see that letter."

Sarge walks over to the letter.

Simmons: "Here ya' go."

Sarge stares blankly at the letter.

Simmons: "Umm... aren't you going to read it?"

"Why are we looking at Sarge and not the letter?" Blake grumbled.

Sarge turns to face Simmons.

Sarge: "Do what now?"

Simmons: "The letter. Aren't you going to read it?"

Sarge: "Oh, you know how these ransom letters go, Simmons. They have Grif, they want us to do something and then we have to get Grif back, Grif annoys me at some point in the future and I choke him to death! I say we just skip the whole process. Cut out the middleman."

Nora laughed, "He should have cut out the middle man a long time ago."

Weiss's thoughts again turned to the ransom note incident, only this time she thought of her father. " We will cut out the middle man, he is dead either way. No ransom will be paid, not a single Lien." Weiss shuddered, recalling overhearing her father's meeting with some remaining board members.

Simmons: "Who exactly is the middleman in this? Is it us, or the kidnappers?"

"Paying the ransom." Weiss sighed.

"Ohh that makes sense." Nora nodded, oblivious to Weiss's discomfort. Ruby looked helplessly at Weiss, but relaxed when Weiss took a deep breath and calmed herself.

Sarge: "Exactly. We can't give in to terrorists, Simmons."

Weiss shook her head, that was his reasoning given to the public. In reality it was spite and greed. He didn't want to dignify the White Fang by giving into their demands. Not for a higher moral reason, but simply because his ego wouldn't allow it. And any amount of lien, no matter how paltry.. he refused to give. Again Weiss calmed herself, poising herself upright.

Sarge: "Especially when those terrorists are working for a short period of time in a manner that benefits us! Now is a time when we need to turn a blind eye to terrorism, in this particular case."

"Torchwick's only reason to work with the White Fang." Blake sighed. "We still don't know what his end-goal was, all we know is that whatever it was. Benefited both sides."

"Enough about Torchwick and serious things, more Red vs Blue!" Ruby shouted.

Blake chuckled, "Fine, more red vs blue."

Simmons: "That seems like a bad long-term strategy, sir."

Ruby laughed, "I'll say, Torchwick is in jail as we speak! All thanks to us."

"Yeah, we're pretty awesome. He was real cocky about it too." Yang snickered. "I bet he thinks he can escape."

"Unfortunately for him, he has never been in an Atlas prison." Weiss smirked. "I hear he is being held on General Ironwood's flagship. He's to be transported to Atlas after the festival."

"Serves him right." Nora added. Blake chuckled, nodding along. I'm proud knowing I knocked him out.

Sarge: "Only time will tell, Simmons."

"That's not good if it won't work out in the long run." Weiss sighed.

Simmons: "Is it okay if I read the letter?"

Sarge: "Fine. I'll read it."

Sarge faces the letter.

Sarge: "Ahem. Dear Red Team, we have Private Grif and are not giving him back. Stop. We will kill him. Stop. Unless you meet our demands. Stop. Demands will be sent later. Stop."

"Who wrote this letter?" Blake shook her head.

"Who write's stop at every period." Weiss added.

Simmons: "Was the letter a telegram?"

"A what?" Ruby frowned.

"No idea, who do you think kidnapped him?" Jaune asked.

"Himself." Yang smirked. "He's definitely sleeping somewhere, probably ran away somewhere to do it."

"Waddled somewhere." Weiss corrected. "And while I think so too, if someone were to kidnap him. Who would it be?"

"I would say Lopez, but there's no reason for him to kidnap and steal Grif's identity." Blake commented. "It could be Wyoming, I could see him being brought back if only for a mini-series. He played a big part in Blood Gulch after all."

"Ohh I hope you're right, his voice was funny." Nora laughed.

Sarge: "Don't think so."

Simmons: "Then what was with all the stops?"

Sarge: "Oh, those were just all the places where the letter would have been better if it ended. 'We have Grif.' Stop! 'We will kill him.' Stop! 'Unless you meet our demands.' No! Stop it!"

Nora burst into laughter, "For Sarge the best place to stop would be right after the note said they'd kill him."

Simmons: "You really are a great leader, Sarge. It's comforting to know you will never leave us behind on the battlefield."

"He would only leave Grif behind." Nora laughed.

"Wait, he did try to rescue him once, technically." Ruby added.

Jaune nodded, "When Simmons captured him." He chuckled.

Sarge: "Simmons! I could never leave you behind."

Simmons: "Really? Thank you, sir."

Sarge: "You carry the keys to the jeep! Wouldn't get too far without those. Hehe."

Simmons: "(disappointed) Thank you, sir."

"Poor Simmons." Pyrrha sighed with a chuckle.

"At least he's not crying." Yang added. "This time he was just mad."

Sarge: "It also says here that we're being watched, we should make no attempt to contact the authorities."

Simmons: "The authorities?! We're the military! Aren't we the authorities?! Man, this letter gets more disrespectful by the second."

"I would strongly refrain from calling anyone in the red or blue army an authority. Even their 'leaders'." Weiss made air quotes.

"Captain Flowers was the closest to being an authority in that entire canyon." Blake added.

Sarge: "They probably mean not to contact someone higher up... we'd better call Command to see what they have to say about that."

Simmons: "Great idea, sir!"

Weiss shook her head, "Simmons is usually the sensible one."

"His kissassery wins out." Yang leaned back.

Cut to Tucker looking down at Caboose pushing the crates back inside. Church walks up to him.

Church: "Hey Tucker, what are you doing up here?"

Tucker: "Ah, just checking things out."

Church: "Oh yeah? You're avoiding helping Caboose move those boxes back into the Base?"

"Caboose is probably the only one strong enough to move them." Yang commented. "I wonder where Tex is."

"Do we even know when this mini-series takes place? Is this in actual blood gulch or the memory unit?" Ruby asked rapidly. "Definitely the memory unit." Jaune said. "And probably sometime before Tex showed up but after the start of season nine."

Tucker: "Maybe. Why are you up here checking on me?"

Church: "Same reason."

"Church and Tucker, the Grif's of blue team." Yang joked.

"Is Grif a synonym to lazy now?" Weiss asked.

Tucker: "Nah, I'm just doing that thing where you look around and gather information. What's it called? What's the word?"

"Reconnaissance." Weiss stated.

Church: "You mean scouting?"

Tucker: "No. No. Not 'scouting' it sounds way cooler than that."

Church: "Oh, yeah. Yeah. No, no. I, no. I know what you mean, it's umm... uhh... what do you call it? Uhh... reconnaissance."

Tucker: "Yeah, that's it. I'm reconnaissancing up here. Reconnaissancing all over this bitch."

"Wait is that the joke?" Yang asked.

"If that's it, it kind of fell flat for me." Blake frowned.

Church: "So, what have you reconnaissanced?"

Tucker: "Not much."

Church: "Well, keep up the good work, I'll just umm... I'm just gonna' stay here and supervise you."

"Church is a lot lazier than he used to be." Weiss commented.

"He's always been lazyish, but mostly because he didn't care. Though did make Tucker give him piggyback rides." Ruby giggled, turning to Yang.

"If you want another ride on the Yang train you have to refrain from pulling my hair."

"But your hair is the perfect handhold!"

Tucker: "Hey, does Red Base seem a little quiet to you today?"

Church: "Quiet in what way? Quiet in the sense that we can't hear them bickering at each other from halfway across the canyon?"

"Red team is that loud? Not surprising." Weiss commented.

Tucker: "Yeah. Quiet."

Church: "Would you say it's... quiet, too quiet?"

Jaune chuckled, "That cheesy line, it's almost as bad as 'This places gives me the creeps'."

Ruby held a hand to her mouth and giggled. "I've heard that said in real life, in context and everything."

Blake and Jaune laughed, "Really?" Jaune asked.

Ruby nodded, "In Mt. Glenn, some White Fang soldiers were on patrol. It was right before I fell in that cruddy hole!" She huffed.

"It was them?" Blake shook her head. "Lines like that irk me. Especially in action movies, I can't stand them."

"That's part of their charm." Jaune argued.

Tucker: "No, I wouldn't say that because that would be lame. I try not to say lame things, just on the off chance that there's a girl nearby."

"Is that why Neptune's so cool?" Jaune asked.

"He's a dork" Weiss chuckled, blushing. "I can attest that, that does not apply to Neptune. Also, Neptune is nothing like Tucker, it's insulting to him."

"Defending your boyfriend?" Yang waved her eyebrows.

"He is not my boyfriend." Weiss said with equal indignation and frustration.

"Sadly." Yang nodded, "And Tucker hasn't followed that rule of his. His crappy sex jokes are a perfect example."

Blake, Weiss, and Ruby gave Yang a look as if to say 'Seriously?'

Church: "Say it."

Tucker: "No!"

Church: "Sayyy it... (Whispering) say it!"

Tucker: "Uhh, dang it. It's quiet, too quiet."

Church: "Diabolical! Those Reds are up to something Tucker! Come on, let's fall back to base! We need to figure out a plan!"

"Church is having fun." Ruby laughed. "This is definitely in the memory unit, he's glad to be back and just messing around with Tucker and Caboose."

"We haven't seen this side of Church in the long time, it's refreshing." Ren smiled.

"Church and Tucker really are good friends." Pyrrha smiled.

"It's interesting to see Church enjoy himself in the canyon." Blake added.

"I know! It's a nice moment." Ruby smiled.

Caboose: "Why isn't anyone helping me?!"

"I have never heard Caboose sound more pitiful than that." Blake commented.

Church: "Actually, you know what? Let's hang out... up here... for a little while longer."

"No one ever helps Caboose, not even when he was low on blood from Tucker's child." Pyrrha laughed.

Caboose: "Ah! Hey! Are you guys doing that word for the scouting thing that I can't pronounce again?!"

The scene cut to black.

"Nice episode, next one?" Jaune asked.

Everyone nodded.

" MIA: Episode 3" appeared on the screen with the theme.

The Red team are on top of their base, calling Command.

Sarge: "Come in Command, come in!"

Vic: "This is Command, go ahead dude."

"Yay it's Vic!" Ruby cheered. "Dad but high-pitched."

"He doesn't sound that high pitched right now." Yang pointed out.

Ruby shrugged, "Still sounds like Vic."

Sarge: "This is Sarge, from Blood Gulch Outpost Number 1."

"Blue base is outpost Alpha." Ren mumbled to himself.

Vic: "Oh! Hey, dude, riiight! Blood Gulch."

Sarge: "Ah, you remember me?"

Vic: "Actually, no I don't. I was just faking. Said what you said. Hey, hold on dude, let me check you up in the old database here dude. (Taps away at keyboard while humming away). Ahh, here we go, got your stats right here, Blood Gulch. Wow... you guys are terrible at everything!"

The group laughed, "I love Vic." Nora grinned giddily, happy to watch Blood Gulch misadventures without the serious scenes in between.

Sarge: "One of our soldiers have been kidnapped!"

Vic: "Kidnapped? You mean captured?"

Weiss chuckled, "He has a point, if Grif isn't hiding. He was captured not kidnapped."

"Naptured." Yang giggled to herself.

Sarge: "No, kidnapped!"

Vic: "We don't really call it kidnapped in war, dude. Is there an enemy base nearby?"

Sarge: "Like Blue Base?"

Vic: "There you go dude, Blue Base. Yeah, let me... yeah... maybe you should check there. They probably have your dude, dude..."

"That's actually good advice from him, usually his advice is just... do better than you are currently doing." Yang mocked in a poor imitation of Vic's voice.

"I like his advice." Nora smirked mischievously, "It's what needs to be beaten into your heads for the tournament!"

"Yay... more training." Jaune grumbled.

Sarge: "Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that?!"

Simmons: "That's actually a really good question, sir. You blame the Blues for everything around here. You blame them when our equipment's broken. You blame them when we run out of ammo..."

"Well if they were a competent army they should blame all of that on their enemy. Equipment should always be maintained and only become damaged because the enemy breaks it. That's unavoidable, and they should run out of ammo by shooting it at their enemy." Weiss explained.

"Not by losing it or selling it." Yang snickered.

Sarge: "OK, Simmons..."

Simmons: "You even blamed them once when it rained!"

"Rain is blue." Ruby mumbled.

"Immaterial." Weiss sighed.

Sarge: "I get it, now shut up! I'm on the phone."

Simmons: "You yelled at me and hurt my feelings. So suck it, Sir."

"Yes! I love disrespectful Simmons." Yang cheered.

"Me too, I like it when he stands up for himself." Pyrrha smiled.

"Aka, when he has a psychotic break." Blake chuckled.

Vic: "Hey dude, here's what I can do for you. Since you're a man down, I can send you some reinforcements."

"Wyoming." Blake smiled.

"Looks like you're right." Yang added.

"As always, spoiling spoiler." Nora grumbled.

Blake ignored her, smiling while shaking her head.

Sarge: "You mean like a Freelancer?"

Vic: "No way, dude. Those guys are expensive as hell. Plus, attitude!"

Yang laughed, "Nevermind Blake, you're wrong."

Ruby snickered "Yang... he said attitude the same way dad does."

"When he wants to rile me up I know." Yang groaned. "I have not missed the old fossil."

"Qrow's the fossil."

"They both are."

The two sisters giggled to themselves.

Blake frowned, "What Vic said makes me wonder... why did Tex get sent to Blood Gulch. She said herself that she and some others broke into a facility to try and steal the Alpha."

"The director probably didn't know it was her, or he didn't care because she's his favorite." Yang suggested. "Or she could have intercepted the call for a freelancer."

"That sounds better than a ret-con so I'll go with that." Jaune laughed. Blake nodded in agreement.

Sarge: "Well, what have you got?"

Vic: "How about a medic?"

"Doc? Great! We missed him last season." Pyrrha smiled.

"Church was really against him coming for his hurt foot." Ruby added.

Sarge: "You mean like Doc?"

"You and Sarge think alike." Nora pointed at Pyrrha and the screen.

"What other medics are there in the show?" Blake asked rhetorically.

Vic: "Yeah! Hold on, I'll see if he's available. Let me, uh, add him into the call here. (Taps away the keyboard, humming). Come in, Doc. Hello, Doc. Ring-a-ding."

"I need to come up with a voicemail jingle like Vics." Yang commented to herself. Ooo I can force Weiss to sing it for me.

Doc: "Hello! this is Doc."

Vic: "Hey, Doc. This is Vic from Command. Got Sarge on the line now, gonna connect you."

Sarge: "Uh, hey, Doc."

"Why does he sound nervous?" Nora asked.

"He sounds more hesitant than nervous." Blake frowned.

Doc: "Hi... Sarge. It's... weird to hear from you."

Sarge: "Yeah... feel the same way. Listen, we have a kidnapped soldier over here."

"Why do they sound awkward talking to each other... is there some joke we're missing?" Ruby asked.

"Maybe we're reading into it too much." Jaune suggested.

"Yeah you guys do that a lot." Nora nodded.

Doc: "Oh no, who is it?"

Sarge: "Grif."

Doc: "Who would kidnap Grif?"

Weiss cringed, the voice acting sounds a little lazy... I'll be nice and not mention it.

Sarge: "Apparently someone with a lot of latex gloves and hand sanitizer. Bottom line is, we're a man down. And we think the Blues are going to attack at any moment. Can you help us?"

Doc: "Sure, what do you need?"

Sarge: "How's the kill count these days?"

Doc: "Super high!... Wait, do you mean on the battlefield? Zero. I thought you meant on the operating table."

"Doc is the worst medic." Weiss facepalmed.

"Of all time." Blake finished Wash's iconic quote.

"Has he ever managed to save anyone?" Yang asked.

"I don't think so, but he rubbed something called Aloe Vera onto Caboose which helped with the pain." Pyrrha pointed out.

Sarge: "Aw, great. Don't tell me you're still one of those lame pacifa-whatevers."

Doc: "Pacifists..."

"Laaaame!" Yang drawled, Nora nodded.

"Pacifism can't fight Grimm." Nora added.

"It can't but there are pacifist huntsmen and huntresses. They only fight Grimm." Pyrrha explained.

"If possible I would like to be one, but considering team RWBY's track record..." Ren trailed off. Team RWBY awkwardly rubbed their necks and hair, not meeting anyone's eyes. "It may be a difficult task."

Sarge: "Yeah."

Doc: "Yes, Sarge, I still am. You don't just turn that off when it's convenient. It's not like being a vegan."

Ren, Pyrrha, and Blake chuckled.

"I feel like it should be the other way around." Nora slammed her fists together. Yang repeated the motion in agreement.

Blake shook her head at the two, turning to Ren she asked. "Ren. Aren't you a vegan?"

"Vegetarian in everything but name, I'm not exactly against eating meat but I very rarely eat it." Ren explained.

"How can you go through life without meat." Yang shook her head. "I like turkey."

"Me too." Blake added, but Tuna is much better.

"Yeah meat is great, I like those tiny beowolve shaped chicken nuggets." Jaune admitted.

Ren shook his head, "While meat products do contain vital nutrients, plant based products are much richer and contain a larger variety of nutrients."

Sarge: "Well, get down here. We're attacking soon, and we need all the help we can get."

Simmons: "Oh, wait a second sir. I thought you said the Blues were attacking us?"

Sarge: "We're not gonna wait around for that to happen, Simmons. As everyone knows, the best defence is a good offense. So let's put our defence to work attacking their offense, before they have a chance to establish a good defence... by attacking us first!"

Nora nodded, "Exactly! Defense is boring. Except when I'm defending my table castle from evil RWBY invaders."

"Justice was swift, painful and delicious!" Ruby shouted.

"When Ms. Goodwitch isn't around we will have a rematch!" Nora growled. "The Queen will be crowned again!"

Simmons: "I'm just gonna... go load my gun, sir."

Sarge: "Good man. (To Doc) Doc, get down here. Need you to patch up Simmons when he gets killed."

Doc: "On my way!"

"Doc always says he can't help people after they die." Jaune mumbled.

"I mean... he's kinda right." Ruby shrugged.

Cut to Tucker and Church walking up to Caboose outside Blue Base. He is breathing heavily from exhaustion.

Church: "Hey Caboose, we're gonna help you move all the boxes back in the, uh... oh man, you're done?"

"They knew that." Ruby snickered, Pyrrha looked at the screen, disapproval written across her face.

Caboose pants heavily

Caboose: "Yes."

"They made Caboose do all the work." Pyrrha sighed.

Church: "Oh, no, look Tucker, we didn't get to help Caboose the way we wanted to."

Tucker: "(deadpan) Oh man, that's terrible. I was really looking forward to that."

Church: "I guess we'll just have to help you next time."

"They're really laying it on thick." Yang commented.

"It's insulting." Pyrrha added.

"Caboose wouldn't get it, he doesn't understand sarcasm." Yang waved her off.

"That's insulting too." Pyrrha laughed. "It's rude to pile on."

Caboose: "(still panting) Ah, it's okay. Yeah, I had fun doing it.... Oh, also, some of the boxes and the things inside the boxes are broken now, but I'm pretty sure that's how they were like before I touched them... and then dropped them."

Church: "(sighs angrily) Caboose... !"

"He has no right to be angry, he didn't help." Pyrrha groaned. "At least Caboose had fun."

"He's being as ridiculous as Sarge." Ruby added.

"Hey!... no you're right." Nora giggled.

"Physical labor is fun to some, it's almost a form of meditation." Ren commented.

Caboose: "Oh, also, the work went super-fast because I found a new radio station to listen to. It had a cool song about a Red Base and a Command."

"He intercepted their radios?" Jaune frowned.

"Sounds like it." Blake nodded.

"It's going to be a repeat of the conversation he and Church had before. About command sending a freelancer." Jaune laughed.

Church: "Whoa, whoa, wait a second, wait a second. What radio station were you listening to?"

Caboose: "Oh, the one inside my helmet. You know, the ones with all the voices right waiiit, (concerned) we have radio stations in our helmet right?"

Tucker: "Yeah."

Caboose: "(relieved) Oh, thank God."

"Aww he's worried about voices in his head.. because of Omega." Pyrrha sighed.

"It deeply affected him, mainly with his untapped rage." Ren pointed out.

Church: "Uh huh... And what did these voices say to you?" Caboose: "Uh, they talked about how Grif was missing, and how Red Team only had two men now, and how they really needed help."

Church: "I think he might have intercepted a call from the Reds."

Tucker: "I think he's just crazy. (to Caboose) Hey, Caboose, if the voices tell you to do anything to your parents, just remember, Church is your father figure."

Pyrrha burst out laughing, "That's terrible."

Ruby hiccuped as she laughed, "Oh no! Caboose is our brother."

Tears came to Yang's eyes as she laughed "Ooo I've always wondered what it'd be like if we had a brother. I don't think Caboose is the best candidate."

"Caboose Xiao Long... sounds weird. Not a color." Ruby hummed. "Michael Rose?"

"Do we really want Caboose as our brother. I'd be worried about dads safety." Yang snickered.

Ruby laughed, "Dad can win against Caboose."

"Caboose is very... good at killing Church." Pyrrha rubbed her neck.

"Yeah somehow he would manage it." Yang nodded.

Caboose: "Yea, the voices don't say that... But they do call me a dirtbag every now and then. It makes me feel pretty bad about myself... Also, some of the voices... sound like some of the other voices."

Church: "(quickly) Well what can you do, casting is expensive, shut your mouth. "

"Wait do they mean Doc and Sarge?" Nora gasped. "That's why they were awkward. That was a fourth wall joke!"

"And so was this... but do Doc and Sarge have the same voice actor?" Yang stuck her lips out. "I don't see it, or hear it."

"Think about it!" Nora begged.

"Hmm well I can kind of hear it." Blake's ears twitched as she thought of their two voices.

Nora nodded, "Yeah right?"

"Cool, can't believe we never heard it before." Jaune tilted his head.

Nora gasped even louder, "And what Church just said! Casting is expensive... is that why so many of their voices sound like people we know!?"

Weiss rolled her eyes. "This is real life, not a show. We don't have actors."

"Yeah that'd make us puppets." Yang added. "But if we are puppets, Blake would be held up by ribbons." Yang's lips twitched as she tried not to laugh.

"... Why do you make these terrible jokes?" Blake asked.

"Yeah the setup was a little long, kind of a stretch." Yang sighed.

Church: "(Looks around) Wait, don't you guys see? If the Reds only have 2 guys, we have a strategic advantage."

"What about Donut?" Nora asked. "Is he gone too?"

"He hasn't been mentioned..." Blake frowned.

"Sarge and Simmons haven't mentioned him, he could just not be in the mini-series." Ruby suggested.

"Aww, boo." Nora pouted.

Tucker: "How so?"

Church: "What do you mean, how so?! We have more than they do, it's simple math."

"Well it's nice to know blue team is bad at math too." Weiss sighed.

"They should ask Caboose some math problems." Yang quipped.

"Well if Donut is gone too then it's just three minus two." Jaune explained.

"Caboose isn't that dumb." Pyrrha shook her head. "He can solve three minus two."

"Four! I win, A plus." Nora grinned, Pyrrha chuckled. Both recalling Caboose's quote.

Tucker: "Dude, if I was good at math, do you think I'd have joined the Army? The Space Army?"

"That's a rude joke." Weiss commented.

Church: "They have two guys, we have 1... 2... 3 guys. We have an advantage."

Caboose: "Two."

Church: "What do you mean, two?"

Caboose: "We have 2 guys."

"I see what Tucker meant, Caboose would take forever when asked math problems." Weiss commented.

Church: "(irritated) No... no! 3. 1... 2... 3."

Caboose: "Ah, see, you're counting yourself!"

Pyrrha laughed, "I- wow."

"Woah burn!" Nora whooped.

"I don't think he meant that as an insult, I love Caboose's lines." Pyrrha wiped her eyes.

Church: "Yes, so what? I'm still in the team! Still count myself, even though I'm the one counting."

Tucker: "No, but it does matter that you're a really, really crappy soldier."

"Can't aim at all." Ruby commented.

"Terrible leader too." Yang added.

"It's sad that Tucker is the best soldier, everyone is below the low bar he set." Weiss chuckled.

"Tex's bar reaches the stars." Yang smiled.

Church: "OK, that's a good point. Look, the deal is, we have more guys than they do, which is an advantage. And we should use this advantage, to our, uh..."

Tucker: "Advantage?"

Church: "Yes, advantage, thank you."

Tucker: "Maybe we should use this opportunity to buy a Thesaurus. Help you learn some new words."

"None of them can talk in this mini-series apparently." Blake commented.

"Reconassinced." Yang quipped.

Church: "Caboose, what else did the radio call say?"

Caboose: "Yeah, there was one other thing. Erm, thinking, thinking... thinking..."

"Oh, he must have heard Sarge's plan to attack them." Blake nodded.

Church: "Come on, think. Think, Caboose!"

Tucker: "Church, how long have you worked with Caboose? Do you really believe that just saying 'think' is gonna help?"

"It's so annoying when people do that." Ruby groaned.

Caboose: "Ah, yeah, they said they were gonna get another guy, and then they were going to do something... What were they going to do? They were going to..."

(Reds charge over the hill, firing their guns, and throwing grenades at the Blues)

Sarge: "ATTACK!"

Screen fades over the sound of gunfire

Caboose: "That... that's right. That's it. THANK YOU, Sargeant!"

The scene cuts to black.

"Caboose is so polite and sweet." Nora giggled, Pyrrha smiled.

"They haven't had an actual fight with each other for a long time." Jaune pointed out.

Nora's eyes widened. "Ohhh! You're right! Play it play it play it!"

"MIA: Episode 4" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"Ugh it's been so long! I liked it when they fought each other." Nora commented.

"When it was actually red vs blue?" Blake raised an eyebrow.

Nora nodded, "Yes!"

The Red team is heard firing at the Blue team

Church: "Get down!"

Tucker: "Man, screw these guys!"

The Red team are on a hill overlooking Blue base, Church and Tucker hidden behind cover

"Yeah! Fight fight fight!" Nora cheered.

"Kiss kiss kiss?" Yang asked.

"No! Only fighting! Also no standing around talking!" Nora ordered.

Sarge: "Hey, Blue team! We have come to destroy you in a surprise sneak attack! Surrender immediately before you have time to recover and do anything crazy!"

Simmons: "Yeah! Like count how many soldiers we have."

Sarge: "Simmons, stop helping!"

Simmons: "Sorry, Sir! I'm really bad at banter."

"He and Grif have great banter." Pyrrha disagreed.

"As always, the dialogue in this show is incredible." Blake added.

"I think that's mostly because it had to be, in the beginning they didn't have animation. They couldn't do a lot of physical gags so pretty much all the comedy had to be dialogue." Jaune explained.

"That is an excellant assessment." Ren complimented.

Church sticks his head out of cover, Tucker is still crouched

Church: "Hey, Reds! Go screw, we know you're missing a guy!"

Sarge: "You know that because you kidnapped him!"

Tucker: "Why would we kidnap Grif?"

"Aww they're just standing around talking." Nora whined.

"I don't mind, any fight scenes in game can't compare to the fight scenes in animation." Yang explained.

Church: "I don't know. Maybe they think we have a collection of the most disgusting people on the planet. We need an orange one to complete the full set."

"Gross." Ruby grimaced.

Caboose steps on screen behind Church in the background

Caboose: "Gotta catch 'em all!"

"....that feels like a reference." Jaune frowned.

"Another to the pile of ones we won't get." Yang shrugged. "Meh, whatever."

Simmons: "Suck it, Blue!"

Tucker: "(To Church) Get down!"

Church: "Why?"

Tucker: "He said 'duck it!'"

"What? Guess they can't hear either." Blake shook her head.

"Their communication skills have failed them miserably." Weiss sighed.

Church: "No, he said 'suck it!' Why would he say 'duck it' if he didn't throw something?"

Tucker stands up

Tucker: "Hey, Red! Did you say 'suck it' or 'duck it'?"

Simmons: "I said 'suck it!' Why would I say 'duck it' unless I threw something?"

"Ugh no fighting." Nora whined. "Eh I shouldn't complain. I'm getting more blood gulch!"

Church: "(To Tucker) See? Told you."

Sarge: "Give us back Grif, you dirty Blues! (pause) What do you want for him?"

"He's giving into demands? Boo!" Nora booed.

Church: "What do we want?! We don't want anything - we don't have him! Besides, you guys don't have crap, we know that."

"They have a flag." Jaune pointed out.

"Ohh maybe blue team will finally capture the flag." Ruby grinned.

Sarge: "We have stuff, like... wuh, we have a jeep!"

"They'd offer up that bad boy? If I was blue team I'd accept." Yang commented.

"I'd accept just for the turret, ohhh Coco's turret is going to be amazing! Need to add a flamethrower to it because of that flamethrower guy." Ruby's eyes were wild. "It's going to be overkill, but I don't care."

"Why do you have to create any and all weapons you see in this show?" Weiss asked.

"You're just mad because I haven't made you anything!" Ruby stuck her tongue out, avoiding Weiss's question.

Weiss rolled her eyes with an indignant huff.

Tucker: "Dude, are the Reds trying to give us their jeep?"

Church: "It sounds like it."

Tucker: "Church, I have an idea. If we can find Grif before they do, we can use him as a bargaining chip to get all the Red team's stuff!"

"Their jeep is worth more than Grif." Nora pointed out.

"It's worth more than Simmons." Yang added.

"Not Lopez though." Weiss made sure to comment.

Church: "Tucker, the first thing any great leader learns is how to support great ideas from a squad just enough so they can take credit for them later when they work, or claim no responsibility when they fail miserably. So, let's - kind of - do this."

"The first thing I learned as a leader was that if I'm not performing at my absolute best. No one on my team has any reason to follow me." Ruby commented, remembering Ozpin's words.

"Aww, you're always performing at your best sis!" Yang moved to give Ruby a noogie.

Weiss nodded, "I agree, it's why I try to be the best teammate I can possibly be."

Blake smiled, "You've never given me any reason to doubt you. Don't worry about leading Ruby."

Ruby swelled with pride, "Aww I have the best teammates ever!" She smiled at each and every member of her team.

And I'm the best, Weiss thought proudly.

Jaune turned to Ruby, "The first thing I learned was that as a leader I'm not allowed to be a failure." Ruby gave Jaune a knowing smile. "It's not just about me anymore." Jaune finished.

"You lead very selflessly." Ren complimented.

"Our fearless leader will never lead us astray!" Nora shouted.

"I never saw you as a failure, you just needed a little push." Pyrrha scrunched up her shoulders as she smiled.

Now it was Jaune's turn to smile at his team, "I think I have the best teammates."

Tucker: "Hey, Reds! We're coming out! Now, we're just gonna-"

As Tucker starts to edge out from behind a rock slowly, Sarge and Simmons open fire and Tucker runs back behind the rock Tucker: "Hey! What the what?! I said I was coming out!"

"Hey what the what?" Yang laughed. "I like his, W.T. Fuck more."

"You remember that line?" Jaune asked.

Yang shrugged, "It was funny."

"Church smiting people." Ruby shook her head.

"The offensive connotations of that were not lost on me." Ren added.

Sarge: "Yeah... So we shot at you! That's how battles work, genius!"

Simmons: "Actually, you're announcing when you were leaving cover really helped!"

Tucker: "Well, I have a plan and you should hear it!"

"That would make it worse, announcing your plans to the enemy." Weiss commented.

Sarge: "Yeah, we really don't want the other team to have plans. Gonna refer to my previous statement about this being a battle."

"Exactly! Stop talking!" Nora shouted.

Tucker: "No, a plan to get your guy back for you."

Sarge: "(to Simmons) I don't know, I don't trust him. This could be a trick, Simmons."

Simmons: "Or we could get Grif back..."

Sarge: "That was the trick part I was talking about."

Nora giggled, "They should let Grif switch sides."

"Would that be more akin to having a spy in their base or more like chemical warfare?" Blake asked with a smirk.

The group laughed at her joke.

"Chemical warfare." Weiss answered.

Back on the Blue side...

Church: "Tucker, are you sure about this?"

Caboose: "I'm not sure about it."

Tucker: "Caboose, you're not sure about anything."

Caboose: "I'm not sure what you mean by that."

Tucker: "See?"

"Just like Caboose isn't sure about anything, Donut's impressionable and will believe anything you say." Pyrrha made the connection with a chuckle.

Simmons: "Ok, we'll listen to your plan!"

Tucker: "Great! I'm coming out then! (pause)... to tell you the plan!"

Sarge: "Ok!"

Nora giggled, "Here it comes."

Tucker: "Which means you shouldn't shoot at me!"

Sarge: "Oh... Ok. Damnit..."

"Aww." Nora gave a dejected sigh.

Two hours later, the Reds and Blues have discussed the plan, with the Red team's jeep visible beside Blue base

"Two hours!" Weiss shouted.

Jaune laughed, "It's a reference to their long negotiations back in the Blood Gulch Chronicles."

"They took forever on surrenders." Ruby giggled. "It took them hours to come of with Grif's loser speech."

Weiss took a deep intake of air, growling beneath her breath. Everyone wisely chose not to meet her eyes.

"They also spent a while arguing about what was ironic or not." Blake added.

Tucker: "And that's it. That's my plan."

Sarge: "Your plan is to help us find Grif and in exchange we give you all our supplies and vehicles?"

Tucker: "Yup."

"Two hours to explain that.. ridiculous." Weiss commented.

Simmons: "Why did that take two hours to explain?"

Tucker: "I don't know. I guess because Caboose kept interrupting and asking questions."

Pyrrha chuckled, rolling her eyes at Caboose's antics.

Caboose: "Just one last time to be sure. When you say 'give us their stuff'... you mean our stuff, right?"

"What?" Weiss frowned.

Tucker: "Their stuff."

Caboose: "Which would then make it our stuff?"

"Ohh I get why he's confused. He's kind of right." Nora laughed.

"Caboose's logic is always flawed in great ways." Ren chuckled.

Tucker: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, once they give it to us."

Caboose: "Ok, you lost me again."

Simmons: "How are you gonna help us find Grif?"

Tucker: "You said he was kidnapped, right? Well, I got this guy in the city. He can help us, give us a lead."

"City.. what city?" Jaune frowned.

"Do they mean the city from the heist! Ooohh!" Ruby's mouth hung open.

"I didn't know it was near Blood Gulch." Blake frowned.

"It could just be the memory unit, Blood Gulch was in the middle of nowhere in the real world." Jaune explained.

Church: "What guy?"

Tucker: "Oh, you don't know him. Don't worry, I got a guy."

Church: "You have a kidnap guy?"

Tucker: "No, he's just a guy with good connections. My kidnap guy's on vacation."

"What? He has a kidnap guy?" Weiss wrinkled her nose. "That is revolting."

"And it doesn't make any sense." Blake added.

"It makes perfect sense, he's a disgusting pervert." Weiss growled.

"No I mean character wise, Tucker has never been predatory. Just perverted." Blake explained.

"That's what you're upset about? Tucker being out of character." Weiss asked incredulously.

"I'm disgusted with that and the joke, but it is just a joke." Blake explained.

"A kidnap guy, at least this is just in the memory unit." Pyrrha grimaced.

Simmons: "I'll grab the ransom note."

Tucker: "Good, everyone in the jeep."

"Road trip!" Nora shouted.

Caboose: "I still can't figure out whose team this is..."

Everyone: "Just get in!"

Simmons, Sarge, Church and Caboose stand in a mossy canyon looking lost in front of a metal structure, with Tucker standing atop a tree trunk

Sarge: "Where are we?"

Simmons: "Um... Don't worry, the city has to be around here somewhere."

"Wait this place looks familiar." Ruby commented.

"It does? They've only shown Blood Gulch in the new game." Jaune pointed out.

"Look at it." Ruby pointed, "That arch Tucker is standing on. I know we've seen it before."

Jaune hummed, staring. "Wait I recognize it too."

Ruby gasped, "Oh I know what this is! Jaune don't ruin it!" Ruby started to giggle.

"I won't...? I still don- oh! Hahah!" Jaune laughed.

"What?" Weiss asked. "Ruby what is it."

"Just wait!" Ruby grinned.

Blake's eyes widened as she recognized the place too. "Ugh.." she groaned.

Church: "You've been saying that for the last three hours. Just admit it. We're lost! You have no idea where the city is."

Simmons: "We're not lost, I know where the city is. I'm just not sure where we are in relation to it."

Church: "That's what 'lost' means!"

"Angry Church is the best Church." Ruby giggled.

Simmons: "Hey, I'm not used to driving. Normally, Grif does it."

Church: "Well, what do you do?"

Simmons: "I navigate."

Church: "Then how did we get lost?!"

"It's different when your driving." Yang commented. "If you're a passenger it's easy to backseat drive and know where you are. But driving.. you have to focus on so many other things it's easy to get lost."

Simmons: "We're not lost, I just don't know where we are now."

"That's what lost means!" Weiss shouted.

Church: "Stop saying the definition of the word lost and then saying we're not it!"

Caboose: "Ok, now I'm lost."

Church and Sarge: "Join the club."

"Jinx!" Nora yelled.

Sarge looks into the doorway of the structure

Sarge: "Hold on a hot minute. I think I recognise this place."

"Ohh no." Weiss groaned.

Blake nodded, "Yeah, it's this."

"What is it?" Yang asked. "I still don't remember this place."

Blue Grunt Leader: "Gentlemen! Let us bow our heads in praise of the flag!"

Yang, Jaune, Nora, and Ruby burst out laughing.

"Oh why did they have to show up? They're so annoying. And they sound even worse now!" Weiss complained.

"I love the fanatics!" Nora cheered.

Blake sighed, leaning back and rubbing her temples.

Sarge: "Oh no!"

Church: "What?"

Sarge: "Um I think you guys better go in and ask directions."

Church: "Wait, why?"

Blue Grunts: "Kill the reds! Kill the reds! Kill the Reds! Kill the Reds! Kill the Reds!"

Nora, Jaune, Ruby, and Yang all snickered as the Blue grunts chanted.

"Church was never here for this." Blake pointed out. "He can't remember any of this."

"Maybe it's not in the memory unit." Weiss sighed.

"Eh, I wouldn't think your head off trying to fit this into the storyline. It's just a fun mini-series. Made better now that the fanatics are back!" Yang cheered.

"Boo." Weiss and Blake chorused half-heartedly.

Other Blue Grunt: "Yeah!"

Sarge: "Um... Y'know... For some reason."

The scene cut to black

"That was.. unexpected." Pyrrha commented.

"This is great, I'm so happy they're back!" Ruby grinned.

"They've got a ton of references from the Blood Gulch Chronicles down. Now they just need O'Malley to make an appearance." Jaune commented.

"Well Doc has already shown up, should happen soon." Weiss mumbled.

"That'll be good, and that canyon looks so much better. I guess it's a remaster of that map." Yang commented.

"Yeah I didn't recognize it at first, it looks so different. Anyway.." Jaune hit play.

" MIA: Episode 5" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"This is the longest mini-series yet." Blake commented. "I would have liked Recovery one to be this long."

"Yeah, what could be better than angsty dark Washington." Yang snickered.

"Nothing." Blake smirked.

Open to the Blues searching the Battle Creek base

Church: "Okay, Sarge said these guys can be a little, uh... Fanatical."

"That's putting it lightly." Blake commented.

Tucker: "Hey Caboose? Didn't you meet these guys before?"

Caboose: "It's hard to say. I meet so many people. I'm very popular."

Pyrrha chuckled, "I wonder if that's a fourth wall joke, I could easily see Caboose as a fan favorite."

"I could see all of them being fan favorites." Ren hummed, "The main cast is well done."

Blue Grunt Leader: "Halt! Who's there?"

"The fanatics sound different." Blake commented.

"Maybe a different voice actor, or just different editing. I doubt anyone can make that voice naturally." Weiss explained.

"They just raised their pitch, Blake's impression of Ruby is basically the same thing." Yang gestured to Blake.

Ruby groaned, "Blake you sound nothing like me when you do that voice."

"(Dr. grey's voice) I'm Ruby Rose, leader of teaaaamm RWBY!" Blake coughed as she rubbed her throat.

"I think it's a spot on match." Yang said in between laughs.

Ruby groaned, "Whyyyy!"

"I'm hearing double." Weiss chuckled.

"Weiss you hypocrite have you no heart!" Ruby accused.

Church: "Uh, hey. Hi, uh, we're just some Blue guys, trying to get some direction-"

A group of blue grunts are seen jumping in the background

Blue Grunt Leader: "New recruits!"

"Woah his helmet looks awesome! All their helmets do!" Ruby stared in awe.

All Grunts: "Kill the Reds! Kill the Reds! Kill the Reds!"

"Kill the Grimm kill the Grimm kill the Grimm." Nora began to chant with Ruby and Yang joining in.

"If you start chanting that on a mission I will let the Grimm kill you." Weiss snapped.

"Pfft, as if they could." Ruby laughed at the thought. Recalling her training against a horde of beowolves.

Church: "No no no, no, no. Not new recruits, just Blue guys. Like you."

Tucker: "Well, better than you guys, though."

"Tucker is one hundred times better than the fanatics." Weiss sighed.

"Do you hate the fanatics that much?" Ruby asked.

"Or like Tucker that much?" Yang smirked.

Weiss frowned, "Ten times better." She corrected herself.

Church: "Okay, okay. Yes, yes, sure, okay, but still Blue, and therefore, you know, not-shootable."

"He's still wary of being teamkilled." Ruby snickered.

"Does he see them as a group of Caboose's?" Pyrrha took in a

breath. "Caboose isn't that bad."

Blue Grunt Leader: "Hmmm. What do you think, Blue soldier?"

Blue Grunt: "It could be an evil Red plot, sir. (Looking at Caboose) that one looks okay, but those two (looks at Tucker and Church) look a little un-blue."

Ruby and Yang snickered.

"Unblue." Blake shook her head.

"Ironic that the blue they think is ok is the only one to have teamkilled." Ren chuckled.

Blue Grunt Leader: "Would you say 'non-blue'?"

Blue Grunt: "Off-blue."

Blue Grunt Leader: "Disgusting! Maybe they're sick."

Blue Grunt: "Or maybe, they're Reds in disguise."

"Their armor doesn't look as bad as Simmons's did." Weiss pointed out.

"Or Lopez's." Jaune added.

Blue Grunt Leader: "Only one way to make sure. (To Church, Caboose, and Tucker) I need your leader to step forward."

Church: "(To Caboose and Tucker) Why are you guys looking at me?"

Tucker: "You're the leader."

"Technically he's not, he's just a private with a dead captain." Weiss recalled.

"Oh yeah, why does Tucker even follow his orders?" Ruby asked. "Does he?" Jaune asked back."

"Good point." Ruby nodded.

Church: "You know, we don't technically have an assigned leader."

Tucker: "Oh, you're gonna pull that now? Dude, you always want to be the leader!"

"He doesn't want to be the leader when it's dangerous." Yang laughed.

"Wimp!" Nora called out.

Church: "Well somebody has to be."

Tucker: "Yeah, especially right now in this room full of idiots with guns."

"That's the most dangerous kind of room." Ruby commented.

"Eh, Junior's bar isn't so bad." Yang argued.

Weiss looked disapprovingly at Yang, "I don't like Tucker but I love his assessment of the fanatics." She said as she turned back to the screen.

Church: "Fine. (Grunts and steps forward) Hello, I am the leader."

Blue Grunt Leader: "Fellow Blue, if you are who you say you are then surely you will know the Blue team password. If you know it, you are welcome here, if not, you are not. And also, we will kill you, because of the not being welcome thing."

Tucker: "Man, I am so glad right now that I have absolutely no ambition."

"That's sad." Weiss commented.

"I have no ambition." Yang raised her hand.

"My point stands."

"Wow, cold as ice."

Church: "Password?"

Blue Grunt Leader: "Yes! The Blue team password, which every Blue learns when he sets foot on the path to Blueness, and once achieving full Blue-bility, the Blue carries a word with him whenever the Blue way of life is threatened. What is the Blue password?"

"Is the password; password?" Blake asked.

"No that's red team's password." Nora pointed out.

"I thought their password was codeword?" Ruby frowned.

"No, their codeword is codeword." Nora corrected.

Weiss facepalmed, "If the blue team password is as ridiculous as that I won't be surprised."

Church: "Ummm... Is it Blue?"

Blue Grunt Leader: "Okay, yeah, they check out."

Weiss facepalmed again.

"We should have a password!" Nora gasped.

"For what?" Jaune asked.

"To have a password, people need these things. They're important." Nora argued.

"We don't need a password." Jaune laughed her off, Nora pouted but accepted it.

Cut to the Reds, Blues, and the Blue Grunt Leader standing in a small field

Sarge: "See, we need to get to the city to find out where our soldier is being held."

Simmons: "The kidnapper left this note. (Lays the note on the ground)"

Blue Grunt Leader: "Hmmm?"

Church: "You see something there?"

Blue Grunt Leader: "Yes! The man you are looking for has terrible handwriting."

"That's not handwriting." Weiss shook her head.

"Why do they do the cutout thing again?" Ruby asked.

"So handwriting can't be used, and so no one knows where it came from." Blake explained.

"... Can't you just type a ransom note up?" Ruby asked.

"It doesn't make much sense to me either, it's Saturday morning cartoon logic." Blake explained.

Simmons: "That's not... (sighs) never mind."

Sarge: "Can you tell us which way to the city?"

Blue Grunt Leader: "I don't know. I don't really like the idea of helping Reds."

"I can't believe he is." Weiss frowned.

"Maybe they're not as bad as we thought." Pyrrha shrugged.

A Red grunt pops up from behind a rock

Red Grunt: "Did somebody say Red team? Yeah! Red team all the way! Suck it -"

Blue Grunt Leader shoots the Red Grunt in the head, knocking him to the ground

Red Grunt: "I can see the light. And it's a red light!"

"Nevermind." Pyrrha chuckled.

"Red light? Is red team heaven a red light district?" Yang quipped.

"Ohh gross Yang." Ruby gagged.

Tucker: "We told you, these guys are cool."

Blue Grunt Leader: "You sure?"

Simmons: "You really think we're cool?"

"Oh no." Yang sighed.

Tucker: "Okay, well maybe 'cool' was the wrong word."

Simmons: "No takebacks!"

"Simmons isn't cool, but Sarge is." Nora commented.

"Yeah, gotta admit he is pretty cool." Ruby agreed.

Blue Grunt Leader: "Okay, we updated your GPS, it was good to see you guys. (Looks at Sarge and Simmons) You two, never come back."

Simmons: "Done."

Sarge: "Hot-diggity done!"

"Last time he was there he and Caboose fought wave after wave of both sides." Blake commented. "I'm not surprised he doesn't want to go back."

Cut to the Reds and Blues standing on a street in the city

Simmons: "Ah. finally, we're here."

Blake's eyes widened. "This is the city from Recovery one!"

"You recognized it instantly." Ruby laughed.

"I may have rewatched it a few times." Blake held up her scroll. "The show is on all of our scrolls."

"You haven't watched ahead have you!" Nora accused.

"No, I wouldn't do that." Blake met her eyes. "I'm guessing it's a... remastered map?"

"Yeah you got it." Yang nodded.

Church: "Cool. Okay, you guys go find Tucker's kidnap guy-"

Tucker: "Information guy."

"Guess his information guy is his version of Junior." Yang commented.

Church: "I'm gonna grab Caboose and go get some supplies that we can't get in the canyon."

Simmons: "Like what?"

Church: "Like, everything, the canyon doesn't have crap."

Simmons: "Good point."

Sarge: "Hey Blue, would you mind pickin' us up a few things?"

"It's strange to think of them in a.. normal setting. Won't they look weird in full body armor?" Jaune asked.

"We don't look weird carrying our weapons in crazy outfits." Yang pointed out.

"Oh yeah..." Jaune blushed, looking down at his crazy outfit and insane weapon.

Church: "Why? What's the point of that? We're just gonna take it all back the moment we help you find Grif."

Sarge: "Maybe we'll just wait a few days, stock up then."

"They're going to have to buy back their full inventory." Weiss pointed out.

Church: "Yeah, good idea. Come on Caboose."

Caboose: "Where are we going?"

Church: "Weren't you listening?"

Caboose: "Nope, sorry. These buildings are really tall and that's distracting for some people."

Jaune nodded, "Yeah it was kind of distracting when I first got here."

"It's nice." Pyrrha smiled, "It's similar to Argus but bigger and more colorful."

Tucker: "Yeah, for you."

Caboose: "I'm people."

Church: "Just forget it. We're going shopping. Okay? (Walks away)"

Caboose: "Ah, shopping? Ah, God, I hate shopping! Ah, it's so boring, and I have to try on pants..."

Pyrrha laughed, "Caboose is like a child sometimes."

Jaune blushed, remembering shopping trips with his mom. I always had to try on new clothes. Mom made me try on every shirt even though they were my size. Just to make sure they fit.

Fade to black

Church: "Come on, I'll buy you a toy."

Caboose: "An ice cream-toy?"

Church: "Don't push your luck."

The scene cut to black

"If Caboose is like a child, that makes Church his mom." Ruby giggled.

"I can picture Church holding a tiny Caboose's hand." Pyrrha giggled along with her.

"Next to Tucker and Junior, two moms with their kids." Yang cackled.

"That is foul." Weiss shook her head.

"No it's cute!" Nora argued.

"Foul." Blake agreed.

"How is it foul? Church and Tucker shopping, each with their respective kids." Yang could barely hold it together.

Weiss shook her head, "Just play the next episode."

"MIA: Episode 6" appeared on the screen with the theme.

Open to the interior of a beaten-up building, with Tucker,

Simmons, and Sarge facing Informant Guy

Tucker: "Okay! That's him."

"Ohh his armor is different too, I'd love to see all the variations."

Ruby mumbled.

"Please don't become an armor junky too." Yang begged.

"You're a car junky." Ruby retorted.

"..Yeah alright that's fair." Yang conceded.

Simmons: "That's your kidnap guy?"

Tucker: "My informant guy!"

Informant Guy: "Actually, mes amis, my name is not Guy, it is pronounced Gee."

Nora giggled, "His accent is funny."

"It's kind of hard to understand." Jaune added.

Yang nodded, "..Wait... is the joke that his name is spelled G.U.Y. But is pronounced Gee? Pretty lame joke." Yang commented.

Tucker: "Oh, right. Gee. (To Simmons and Sarge) Also., he's French."

Simmons: "No kidding."

"French." Ren noted.

Informant Guy: "Oui. What do you want, Monsieur Tucker?"

Tucker: "Well, we've got a Red team member who's kidnapped, need some help finding him."

Informant Guy: "Well, why don't don't you contact Guy?"

"Wait the kidnapper guy's name is guy?" Ruby frowned.

"I guess." Weiss shrugged, Yang cringed.

Simmons: "Aren't you Guy?"

Informant Guy: "Oui! I mean other Guy! One who handles kidnapping!"

Simmons: "The kidnap guy?"

Tucker: "I told you already! He's on vacation!"

"I don't get the whole, Tucker has a kidnap guy, I'm with Blake it doesn't make sense." Ruby frowned.

Blake nodded, "I'm guessing it's just a joke but, I don't like it."

"I can take it or leave it." Nora shrugged. "So far the mini-series has been funny."

"Yeah it has." Yang agreed, "Just one or two weak jokes. But that's normal."

Informant Guy: "Lucky prick... Okay, what do you have for me?"

Tucker: "He left this note. (Sets note on the floor)"

Informant Guy: "Ah, I see."

Tucker: "Sound like anyone to you?"

Informant Guy: "Well, first of all, this person has terrible handwriting."

"He's just as idiotic as the fanatics." Weiss sighed.

"I have no confidence in his ability to find Grif." Blake added.

"Me neither." Ren chuckled.

Simmons: "It's not handwriting, it's a ransom note."

Informant Guy: "No."

Sarge: "No?"

Informant Guy: "Oui. No. This is not ransom note."

"What?" Weiss raised her eyebrow.

Simmons: "Yes it is!"

Informant Guy: "He don't demand ransom. He just says 'demands coming', this is more like ransom announcement. Like, uh, how you say with the movies, that are coming out?"

"A trailer? A ransom trailer?" Blake asked.

"It definitely got them excited." Yang shrugged.

Tucker: "A preview?"

Informant Guy: "Yes! Like that. One thing is certain though."

Sarge: "What's that?"

Informant Guy: "Whoever wrote this note..."

Everyone leaned forward.

Simmons: "Yes?"

Informant Guy: "... has your friend."

Yang, Blake, Ruby, Jaune, Pyrrha, and Nora laughed. Ren chuckled. Weiss alone scoffed, "Really?"

"Yeah, obviously Weiss." Yang taunted.

"You frustrate me." Weiss pinched the bridge of her nose.

Simmons: "What?! We know that! That's the one thing we did know."

Informant Guy: "Aha! See, Guy is right again."

Tucker: "Best informant in the business."

"He's worse than Junior and that's saying a lot." Yang commented.

Weiss shook her head. "Your shady underground informant friend aside, this is ridiculous." She sighed.

"Which is just what I was hoping for!" Nora grinned.

Sarge: "We came all this way to talk to this Guy -"

Informant Guy: "Gee! It's pronounced Gee!"

Yang cringed, "I don't like Guy. He's annoying but not in a fun fanatic way."

"He's annoying just like the fanatics." Weiss nodded.

"The fanatics are fun." Nora laughed, Ruby and Jaune nodded.

Sarge: "And this is all we get! What a wild goose chase! Well, I guess we'll never see Grif again now, but, we also don't have to pay the Blues. I suppose I should try focusing on the positives, We'll never see Grif again."

Nora laughed, "That's a big plus."

"Agreed." Weiss nodded.

As if on cue, Church, Caboose, Donut, and Grif start walking down the stairs toward Informant Guy.

Church: "Hey, look who we found!"

Nora laughed even louder, joined in by the rest.

"Oh Donut is in the mini-series." Jaune exclaimed.

Simmons: "Grif! Also, Donut."

Donut: "Hey guys."

Informant Guy: "It's pronounced- (frustrated sigh) just forget it."

Guy leaves.

"Good." Weiss mumbled.

Donut: "Blue Team says you guys were looking for us."

Sarge: "For Grif! We got a ransom note that says he was kidnapped."

"They completely forgot about Donut didn't they?" Pyrrha sighed.

"I just thought he wasn't in the mini-series, that's bad. He gets left behind enough." Nora huffed.

Donut: "Kidnapped? No..."

Grif: "Yes!"

Donut: "We went shopping."

Ruby laughed, "He was kidnapped by Donut."

"So what was the ransom note for?" Weiss asked.

Grif: "Donut went shopping, I got dragged along because I know how to drive!"

"... wait but Sarge and the others took the warthog?" Yang pointed out. "How did they drive there?"

"I just won't think about it, just like I won't think about how five of them fit into one warthog."

Nora giggled, "By sitting on each other's laps."

Simmons: "Let me guess, he promised to buy you a toy didn't he?"

Grif: "Maybe."

Pyrrha chuckled, "Grif has a childish side?"

"I wouldn't want Donut to buy me a toy." Yang laughed. "He might misunderstand."

"You're the one misunderstanding." Blake chuckled.

"Why are you laughing at her joke? Don't encourage jokes like that." Weiss huffed.

Sarge: "Whaddya mean you didn't kidnap him? He said that you were making demands."

Donut: "Yeah. We were demanding more time off. Remember?"

"That was his preview demand." Ren noted, raising one finger.

Sarge: "You cut up a bunch of letters!"

Donut: "Presentation is important."

"That explains the ransom note design." Ren held up another finger.

Sarge: "You said you would kill him!"

Donut: "I said we would kill him. 'Red Team'. We're working him to death! Stress is a killer!"

"And that explains the rest." Ren let his hand fall down.

"What? Grif barely works as it is. If at all! He's not under stress." Weiss snapped.

"Stress is relative." Jaune argued.

"Grif supersedes that rule with his laziness." Weiss argued.

Sarge: "Oh."

Simmons: "But at least we found him now."

Donut: "Hello, you mean found them."

Simmons: "Huh?"

Donut: "Us. You were looking for both of us, right? Since we were both missing? You guys noticed I was missing too, right? (voice breaks) Ri-right?"

"Aww poor Donut." Pyrrha chuckled. "No one noticed."

"We didn't really notice either, I kind of got used to him not being around." Yang commented.

"Everyone forgot about him, even blue team." Ruby added.

Simmons: "Hey, uh, we should probably go home now."

Cut to Blood Gulch, outside of Blue base. Sarge and Simmons are seen walking up to the Blues, with their equipment piled up behind them.

Simmons: "I can't believe we did all of this for nothing. And lost all our gear!"

"They got the short end of the stick. They lost everything and kept Grif!" Nora groaned.

Church: "Yep. Suck it chumps!"

Tucker: "Hey Church, how are we gonna fit all of the Reds' stuff in our base? I thought we were outta room?"

Church: "What?"

Tucker: "Yeah, we didn't have any space in our store room, remember? That's how all of this stuff started."

Weiss facepalmed, her forehead now a visible shade of red.

"Oh my g-" Ruby laughed.

"That's ironic." Jaune chuckled.

Church turns to look at the base. Cut to a wide shot of Blue base revealing it to be filled up.

Church: "Ah damn it."

"Well does it matter if they leave the red's stuff out to the elements? If it gets damaged, who cares." Ruby commented.

Cut to the Reds.

Sarge: "Ha! Don't worry Blue, we'll take all this stuff off your hands for ya. Right Simmons?"

Simmons: "Sure, we'll take it back. Just let me get Grif and we'll move it all back. (looks around for Grif) Grif?... Grif? Ah damn it!"

Fade to black.

"And Grif is gone." Yang clapped. "Nice ending."

"What did you all think?" Jaune asked.

"It was alright." Blake started. "Although it felt kind of rushed- no.. not rushed.. not polished. More like a second draft and not the final draft."

"How so?" Weiss asked. "I agree with you by the way."

"Some of the jokes were bad or lazy." Blake started off.

"Yeah I know what you mean." Yang nodded. "But only one or two. Overall it was pretty funny."

"They also jumped from one thing to the next without much of a transition." Blake explained.

"I don't know what you mean by that, it felt like normal red vs blue to me. Like a long sub-plot from the Blood Gulch Chronicles that never got put in. It was nice." Jaune smiled.

Blake shrugged, "I still enjoyed it, some of the jokes were great."

"I liked it, let's watch the next one. I wonder if it's more Blood Gulch." Nora hoped.

"I hope it's a freelancer story." Blake begged. "Or the events outside the memory unit during volume nine."

For ages people have been requesting that I have the teams react to "Drafted and What I did on my summer vacation." Originally I thought I'd make those non-canon reactions.. then I thought "eh, screw it."

So after "Where there's a will, there's a wall" I'll make a chapter that's both of those episodes. So a takeaway from this is, if you beg for something long enough. You might get it. Key word "Might"

QUESTION: What RWBY lore are you interested in seeing before the series ends.

I want to know where the Faunus came from, JNPR's life before Beacon, Qrow and Raven's clan, History of Faunus subjugation etc. What about you?

Thanks for all the love and support! No more cramming for me, Quality over speed. I hope to get the next mini-series out soon though. I can't wait to get to season 10.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 1.9K 66
The teams have kept up with Red vs Blue for a while, and now it all comes to an end. What will the crew think of this new and final arc? Realistic in...
26.9K 392 40
Hi I'm Jewel Rose. Ruby and Yang's Sister this is my story of my time at beacon with my teammates friends and family as the world continues to go on...
1.7K 46 24
Things were starting to get out hand in the World of Remnant. Creatures of Grimm attack closer to the borders of the kingdoms, people start to go mis...
6.1K 166 14
After an eventful first semester, it's now time for Kai Blaze's SECOND semester at Beacon Academy. Would this semester be fairly normal, or would it...