The Princess & the Football P...

De caniirove

Summary: "They say they want to make the monarchy more modern, to be closer to the people, but then your pare... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 22

1.1K 19 2
De caniirove

"Welcome, your Royal Highness. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas, Jones. Has anyone arrived yet?"

"Just us" someone says to my right.

"Merry Christmas, grandmama."

"Merry Christmas, darling" she says, kissing my cheek. "You look beautiful. What is your secret?"

"Oh, you know. Eating and sleeping well, drinking water, working out..." I chuckle.

"Alone?" she smirks.

"Grandmama!"

"I know you, Eleanor. You are definitely seeing someone, that smile betrays you."

"How is that I am the first one to arrive?" I ask as we walk towards the library, trying to change the topic of conversation.

"Your aunt and your uncle are always late, you already know them. The girls said something about some late shopping, and your uncle was supposed to be here already, but Pierre's connection flight got delayed."

"Poor Pierre. He probably lost his flight on purpose because he doesn't want to meet us all."

"But he already met us last year when he cooked for us!"

"Exactly" I smirk.

"Oh, Eleanor" my grandmother laughs. "I love seeing you this happy."

"Thank you" I smile. "What about Sophie and my parents?"

"They... They are arriving late because they are waiting for some guests."

"Guests? Who?"

"Please don't get mad, Eleanor."

"Why would I... No. Please tell me it isn't Charles and his parents."

"Eleanor..."

"I thought we were done! That we had agreed that pushing it will only make it worse! Why is my mother so stubborn?"

"Camille and Jean are your parents best friends, they just want to spend the holidays together."

"Yeah, sure" I snort. "What they want is for Charles and I to get back together, and that isn't happening."

"Ellie, darling. Give them the benefit of the doubt."

"No!" I say, walking towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Back to London. I'm done with this."

"Oh, don't be like that!"

"Like what, grandmama? I'm tired of my mother deciding my life for me!"

"She does it because she loves you, because she wants the best for you."

"If she did, she would be more like you. You never opposed to her and dad dating, and as long as dad was happy, you were happy too. You didn't care about mum not having a job or what she had studied."

"At first I did have my doubts."

"But you never tried to set up dad with the daughter of any of your friends, telling him that anyone that wasn't them, wasn't enough for him!"

"This boy you are seeing... He isn't from our world, is he?"

"What?" I say with a nervous laugh.

"Your mother has been pushing you towards Charles for years and you've never behaved like this. You've never been this angry."

"Maybe I just reached my limit" I shrug.

"Or maybe you are just afraid because you know she won't approve of him. That's it, isn't it?"

"I don't know if any of you will approve of him" I whisper.

"Was he in jail or something?" my grandmother laughs.

"What? No!"

"Then what is it? Is he divorced and with kids?"

"No, it's nothing like that. It's... It's about his job."

"Oh, I see. It isn't enough for a future queen."

"It isn't enough for anyone decent like mum would say."

"Eleanor... Are you dating one of those actors? You know, the ones who do... Adult movies."

"Grandmama!"

"What? You said it wasn't enough for anyone decent" she shrugs, air quoting that last word.

"He... Urgh."

"It's ok, Eleanor. You can tell me" she says, caressing my cheek.

"He... He is a football player. There, I said it."

"Oh, so you also fell for one" she laughs.

"What?"

"I know about Roberta and that boy. Her grandmother called me the other day saying that she was taking him home for the new year."

"She... What?"

"Julia is my best friend just like Roberta is yours, we share these things. But tell me more about him. Is he English? Famous? Hot?"

"Grandmama!" I laugh, a shrug as her only reply. "He is all of those things, yes. His grandparents are half Irish, but he was born and raised here."

"You and boys with Irish blood..." she chuckles. "So you met him this summer in Canada?"

"I did, yes."

"And do you love him?"

"I do" I whisper, looking down at my bracelet and touching it. It already has become something I do all the time when I think of Declan.

"Did he give you this?" she asks, also touching it.

"When he asked me to be his girlfriend."

"Oh, you are official already!"

"Just for a few days, but we are, yes."

"I'm so happy for you, darling."

"Really?" I say, meeting her eyes. "You don't mind that he is... Not enough for someone like me?"

"Poppycock" she chuckles. "I can't remember the last time I saw you this happy, Eleanor. If he makes you look like this, glow like this... He is more than enough for you."

"I wish mum would think the same" I sigh.

"Let me talk to her. I know I can convince her to respect you and your choices. It'll be my Christmas present."

"Ok" I smile. "Thank you very much, grandmama."

"You don't have to thank me" she says, taking my hands on hers. "I love you, Eleanor."

"I love you too."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Merry Christmas, Declan Rice."

"Merry Christmas, your Royal Highness. How did last night go?"

"Better than I expected. I think the talk my grandmother had with my mum actually worked."

"Really?"

"Yep. She didn't try anything with Charles. Though my cousins kidnapped him the whole night, we barely exchanged a few words."

"Good. Let's hope it lasts."

"The kidnapping or my mother behaving?" I chuckle.

"Both? I don't like seeing him around you."

"Oh, Dec, don't be jealous. You know I only have eyes for you. You are my boyfriend."

"Yeah, yeah. But he is just so... Handsome. I think I'm not just jealous because you dated and your mum wants you to get back together. I think I am also jealous because of how handsome he is."

"What?" I laugh.

"Yeah... Don't you ever get jealous of other girls because they are stunning? This is the same but with men."

"I mean, he is very handsome. But he doesn't have your eyes."

"But he has dimples. And really nice hair."

"So do you. Or do you think I'm constantly touching it because I'm bored?"

"Maybe" he shrugs. "But what about his nose? You say you love mine, but his also is kind of there."

"He has a nice profile, but yours is bigger. All of you is bigger than him."

"All of me?" he smirks.

"Yes, Declan. All of you. Happy now?"

"I guess."

"Men" I say, rolling my eyes. "Have you heard from Mason and Roberta?"

"Nope. You?"

"Nothing yet."

"They are probably still sleeping. Mason is so lucky he is injured and doesn't have to train on Christmas day..."

"But he will be missing his Boxing Day game, and that one is always special."

"Yeah... Anyway, I should probably get out of bed and meet everyone downstairs before I have to leave. I can already hear my nephews screaming."

"I should do the same, yes. My grandmother and I always go on a little walk and gossip about everyone."

"Today you will probably gossip about me" Declan laughs. "I can't believe you told her about us, and that she's fine with it."

"She looks scary, but she actually is a softie. Though now she will want to meet you in person, get ready."

"Looking forward to it" he smiles. "And I better go, Ron is crying already."

"Go and make peace, uncle Dec."

"I will, future untie Ellie."

"Untie Ellie? Really?" I laugh.

"They are into nicknames" he shrugs. "Anyway, Merry Christmas, Eleanor. I love you."

"I love you too, Declan" I smile before hanging up.

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

1.1M 37K 63
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
35.1K 899 62
[Quick Time Travel] The villain boss is targeting Maomao again" Author: Stone Girl Introduction: [Multiple breeds of cute kittens vs. the paranoid, c...
559K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.1M 40.6K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...