Third Time's A Charm

By ShanayJones629

Esmeray was raised in a shitty orphanage and she didn't attend college. She started working at the age of eig... More

β€’Must Read β€’Warnings
Characters & Background on Main C.
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19🌢️
20
21
22?️
23🌢️
24🌢️
25
26
27
28🌢️
29
Bonus Chapter.
New book alert Jamican

09

8.6K 413 155
By ShanayJones629

I pulled on a robe and went downstairs so I wouldn't be there when he got out of the shower.

I was running from him

I was scared he would indeed gobble me up and eat me.

I entered the kitchen and I saw Hailey having breakfast.

"Good morning Hailey," I said with a sweet smile.

"Good morning Auntie," she said as her father walks in.

Aww

I told her she didn't have to call me that but she insisted.

"Auntie?" he questions and she nods with a smile.

"Okay," he said and I sat down.

I was served breakfast and we had small talks before she left with her father.

"Can I get you anything?" Amelia asked and I shook my head.

"Doesn't Raphael have breakfast here?" I asked after awhile

"No," she said.

"Is there a reason?"

"Well, ever since he's been stuck in that wheelchair. He doesn't like everybody seeing him that way," she said sadly.

"Well, would it be okay if I visit him?"

"Yeah," she said and I nod with a smile.

I finished my breakfast and went upstairs. I slowly opened the door and peep inside.

Steele was asleep inside the bed. I entered the room quietly and I went to the bathroom. I had a shower and got dressed.

I left the room and went to the other side of the house. I was about to knock on the door I thought led to his room when the door on the other side of the hallway opened.

"Raphael," I smiled and he returned it.

"Hey," he said

"I hope you don't mind my company," I said and he smile.

"I don't," he said while exiting the room. He locked the door with a key and I leaned on the wall.

"How are you?"

"Bored," I said

"You?"

"Same," he said and I fold my arms.

"Do you have any plans for today?"

"Well I'm stuck in a wheelchair, there's not much to do," he said in a sad tone and I slid my back down the wall.

"I'm sure that's not true," I said while tilting my head to look at him.

"Okay then try coming up with something I can do," he said

"While if you're in painting, learning a new instrument, dominos or-"

"Do you know how to play dominos?" he asked and I nod.

"Let's go," he said and I followed him with a smile.

•••

We ended up playing a lot of games that you play while sitting down. We did things he liked and he started smiling more and laughed.

"Let's watch a movie," he suggested.

"Sure," I said while placing the marker down.

We were playing a game where you draw something and the other person guess what it was.

"Follow me," he said and I did.

He stopped at a door and I opened it. I allowed him to enter before me. I entered the room and was shocked.

I've never been to a theater before but they look like this in movies.

Wow

"Wow," I breathed out and he smiled.

"How rich are you guys,"

"Well I'm a millionaire, Steele and Velda are billionaires," he said and I looked at him.

I didn't expect him to answer but damn

"You say Velda like she's not your mother," I said and he smiled.

"Do you want snacks?" he asked

"Yeah, why not?" I said and he pointed to my left.

There was a packed snack station. We got snacks and went and have a sit. I had to help me into his though.

After picking a movie, we ate and watched it together. After the movie had ended, Raphael spoke.

"Thanks," he said and I looked at him.

"For w-"

"You're the third person to spend time with a crippled guy without any problem," he said while looking at the screen.

"Hey, don't call yourself that," I said and he smiled.

"It's true," he said and I sighed.

"Hailey will be searching for me soon so we should go," he said.

"She visits me every day after she comes home," he said and I awed at him.

"Could you help me?"

"Of course," I had while getting up

I help him up and he lifts himself into the wheelchair. I put back what we did eat and brought the garbage with me.

We exited the room and heard a small voice down the hallway.

"Uncle Raph? Are you sleeping?"

"Hailey," Raphael called out and she turned towards us.

She hugged her toy while looking at us. "Hey," she smiled and we returned it as we made our way towards her.

She also had something in her hand. She held it out to Raphael and he smiled.

It was yogurt

"Where did you get this?" Raphael asked while taking it.

"I bought it at school," Hailey said.

"I know you love it and Amelia didn't get any at the store. So, I bought it for you," she added and Raphael signal her for a hug.

She hugged him and I smiled "Thanks Hail, can I pay you back though?"

"No, I bought it out of the goodness of my heart," she said and Raphael ruffled her hair.

This little girl is such a sweetheart

"I'm gonna leave you two now," I said and they nod.

"Let's play cards," Hailey suggested.

"Okay," Raphael said as I walked away. I went to my room and opened the door.

Steele was still in bed but this time he was awake. He was leaning on the headboard while typing on his phone.

"Where were you?"

"I was with your brother," I said and he raised a brow.

"For eight hours?"

"We were having fun," I said and he looked at me.

"We played games then watched a movie Steele," I said and he got up

"Have a shower or whatever but be dressed in the hour. You're coming with me to a club," he said before walking towards me.

"Why-"

"Just get dressed, " he said

He walked around me then exit the room in loose sweatpants and no shirt.

I walked to the bathroom and had a shower. When I made an exit he was inside the room.

The bed was made and he was dressed in usual outfits. He didn't tease me since his attention was buried in his phone.

I entered the closet and got dressed. I walked out in a short black dress and was a bit scandalous.

"No," Steele said and I looked up at him.

"No?"

"Yes you have a nice body Esmeray, covering it up a bit won't hide it. You need to dress like the boss's wife. Look like the boss not the slut who's trying to get in for free," he said and I looked away.

"Change and when you're done meet me downstairs," he demanded.

He left the woman and I changed.

I didn't wear a bra so my nipples were poking out a bit. I grabbed a purse to match my outfit and went downstairs to meet Steele.

Kade was sitting down next to him when I walked in. Steele spared me a small glance before standing to his feet.

Kade followed after him and they walked to main door. I followed them like a lose puppy with my head down.

I hate this life.

I wanted to break free so badly.

We got into the limo and the driver drive us to the club. Steele rest his hand on my lower back as he guided me through the club.

As expected we went in with ease

His large palm left a burning sensation under my skin.

"Stay close to me," he said into my ear as we approached a staircase.

I didn't respond so he stopped me as Kade went up the stairs with a man that seems to be a bodyguard.

"Esmeray,"

"Steele?"

"Did you understand what I just said,"

"Yes," I said and he looked up the stairs.

"Only take drinks offered by me," he said and I nod.

"I need to hear words so I know you understand,"

"I understand Steele," I said before looking around.

He spun me around and led me up the stairs. We met Kade on the top stair and he smirked at me.

I looked away and he opened a door. He offered that I went before him but Steele entered before me. I walked in after him and followed by Kade.

The room was occupied by two black large couches and a small bar area. We were the only ones inside the room.

"Sit," Steele said

"You're annoying me with your orders," I said and Kade chuckled.

Steele walked over to me but did nothing. I stared into his challenging eyes and didn't back down.

"Sit your fucking ass down," he said before pushing me into the couch.

"Easy bro," Kade said and there was a knock on the door.

Kade open the door and revealed two old guys. One of them had pale white skin and the other had dark brown skin.

They walked in after greeting Kade. "Mr Perez," they greeted and Steele fold his arms.

They smirked before walking towards Steele.

"It's good to see you again," the black man said and Steel sat down next to me.

"Let's just get into business James," Steele rushed and they looked at me.

"Of course but first aren't you going to introduce the beauty you have never to you,"

"She's my wife Daniel, move on," Steele said

"Oh the last one died, I'm terribly sorry," James said and I looked at Steele.

He looks at me and I saw nothing in his eyes.

He didn't care that she was dead and he didn't care that they were bringing her up.

"It happens," Steele said and I looked away from his dark empty eyes.

The men sat down and soon they stared talking business. I zoned out for must of it and soon Steel got up with Daniel.

"Follow me to my office to sign our contract," Daniel said

Steele adjust he suit and before looking at me.

"She can stay here, we don't need her signature. We already know you're married," James said before looking at my wedding ring.

Steele nodded and walked out with Daniel. Kade let out a sigh as his phone buzzed.

He got up and walked out leaving me with James.

"So what's your name pretty lady," he asked

"You can talk to me don't worry," he said when I didn't respond.

He got up from his seat and sat next to me.

I was about to get up but he grabbed my arm.

"Sit down or I'll break your fucking arm," he said and I looked at him.

"Name?"

"Esmeray," I said

"Nice name for a nice girl," he said

He took my hand and smirked. "Soft hands, I like that," he said and I tried pulling away.

Both Daniel and I walked back to the booth and decided to celebrate. I had enough business talk for the night.

I wonder if my little bird can handle her alcohol.

Well, tonight I'll find out.

I wanted to push her buttons

Push her to the edge,

See how far she can go,

He opened the door and Esmeray bumped into me. She looked at him before looking at me.

I cupped her cheeks and she shoved my hands away. Tears were streaming down her cheeks and anger flooded through.

I should be the only reason, she fucking cries.

"You're a fucking asshole," she said and I raised a brow.

Just then Kade came up the stairs and she hurried past us before I could stop her.

I looked into the room and James was  fixing his pants. I stormed into the room and start punching the living shit out of him.

I released him once his face was bloody and he could hardly move.

"The deal is off motherfucker," I spat before turning around.

Daniel ran to help him and I hurried out, in search of my wife.

Fuck!

"I'm gonna kill you-"

"Someone stole your guns," he said and I paused.

"I just got the call and left," he said

"You shouldn't have left her!"

Fuck, I was shouting at myself.

I shouldn't have left her.

I pushed pass him and ran down the stairs. I pulled out my gun and took the safe off. I raised my hand into the air and fired it twice.

Everyone started running and women were screaming.

My little bird is out of her cage and I can't find her.

My eyes skimmed through the club as I tried finding her. Just then I saw Jeremy running towards me.

"Have you seen my wife?"

"She's in the limo, Danny is with her," he answered.

"Go back and watch her," I said and he nod.

"Steele-"

"Go," I said and he nod before running out.

"Let me out!" I screamed as I tired breaking the window of the limo.

Before I could make a run for it, the driver and bodyguard that came inside with us, caught me and locked me in the limo.

Hot tears trailed down my cheeks as I broke down. I stared at my hands in disgust as I cried.

I still haven't gotten use to it,

How could I?

It was sexual harassment

I was always marked as a victim

Everyone was running out of the club as I tried breaking out of the limo.

The windows were either bullet proof or something.

Just then the club went up in flames and my body froze. The doors burst open and Steele walked out as the club burned.

Steele opened the door and I backed away. "Come here,"

"Fuck you," I spat.

He turned to Kade and spoke. "Drive in the front,"

But there was three of them

"But-"

"In the front," Steele said before entering the limo. He locked the door as I glared at him.

He grabbed my arm and I slapped him. He released me and I moved away from him.

"You're a monster," I cried.

"Esmeray-"

"You brought me here for him to do that. How could you do that to someone-"

"I didn't do anything-"

"He said your wives were the best. You brought me there for a reason,"

"What did he do to you?" he asked and I looked away.

"How much long until your mother decides to kill me?" I asked.

"Esmeray," he said and I closed my eyes while zoning him out.

"I hate you," I whispered.

~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 4.4K 47
[𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐒𝐚 π‘π¨π¦πšπ§πœπž] Once lovers, now enemies, but their love was stronger. Milana Levine used to be one of the most well known assassins in N...
44.5K 588 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...
160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
21.7K 358 48
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...