Hurt | Remus Lupin

By soft_multi_fandom

Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two b... More

~1~ A New Professor
~2~ Care of Magical Creatures
~3~ Sara's Boggart
~4~ Tea with Lupin
~5~ Hogsmeade
~6~ Sleepover in the Great Hall
~7~ The First Quidditch Match
~8~ Crippled Finnigan
~9~ Necklace from a Secret Admirer
~10~ Gryffindor's Win
~11~ The Quidditch Cup
~12~ Sara and Remus
~13~ Sara's Discovery
~14~ The Werewolf
~15~ Remus Departs
~16~ The Burrow
~17~ Table Crashers
~18~ Quidditch Campsite
~19~ IRELAND WINS
~20~ Death Eater Attack
~21~ Auror Training
~22~ The First Task
~23~ Date with Charlie
~24~ Yule Ball
~25~ The Second Task
~26~ Sara the Matchmaker
~27~ Cedric's Death
~28~ Aftermath
~29~ The Fight
~30~ Angry Reunion
~31~ Lies
~32~ Shitty Spy
~33~ Advance Gaurd
~34~ Harry's Arrival
~35~ Questions
~36~ Clean up
~37~ The Hearing
~38~ Prefect Party
~39~ The Apology
~40~ Kings Cross
~41~ What are we?
~42~ Run in with Percy
~43~ Birthday Party
~44~ Dumledore's Army
~45~ A Night to Remember
~46~ Snake Attack
~47~ Christmas at St. Mungo's
~48~ Cured!
~49~ Valentine's Day
~50~ Dumbledore's Departure
~51~ Harry in the fireplace
~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts
~53~ Hagrid and McGonagall's Attack
~54~ Battle At The Minsitry
~55~ After the Battle
~56~ The Dusley's
~57~ The Finnigan's
~58~ Family Dinner
~59~ The Twins shop
~60~ Moving In
~61~ Anger
~62~ Full Moon
~63~ Harry's Suspicions
~64~ Christmas Eve
~65~ Percy's Big Fat Stupid Face
~66~ New Years
~67~ Ron's Birthday Surprise
~68~ Return
~69~ Dumbledore's Death
~71~ Proposal
~72~ Sara and Remus' Wedding Day
~73~ Rescuing Harry
~74~ Battle of the Harry's
~75~ Unexpected Death
~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding
~77~ The Year

~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall

419 12 0
By soft_multi_fandom

The doors of the hospital wing burst open, making us all jump: Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were striding up the ward, Fleur just behind them, her beautiful face terrified.

"Molly – Arthur –" said McGonagall, jumping up and hurrying to greet them. "I am so sorry–"

"Bill," whispered Mrs. Weasley, darting past Professor McGonagall as she caught sight of Bill's mangled face. "Oh, Bill!"

Remus and I moved closer to Tonks and Ollie to make space for Mr. and Mrs. Weasley to crowd around Bill's bed. Fleur came to me and I hugged her tightly. 

"You said Greyback attacked him?" Mr. Weasley asked Professor McGonagall distractedly. "But he hadn't transformed? So what does that mean? What will happen to Bill?"

"We don't yet know," said Professor McGonagall, looking helplessly at Remus. 

"There will probably be some contamination, Arthur," said Remus. "It is an odd case, possibly unique... we don't know what his behavior might be like when he wakes up ..."

Mrs. Weasley took the nasty-smelling ointment from Madam Pomfrey and began dabbing at Bill's wounds

"And Dumbledore ..." said Mr Weasley. "Minerva, is it true ... is he really ...?"

McGonagall nodded, and Fleur moved away from me, closer to the bed, and gazed down at bill. 

"Dumbledore gone," whispered Mr. Weasley, but Mrs. Weasley had eyes only for her eldest son; she began to sob, tears falling on to Bill's mutilated face. "Of course, it doesn't matter how he looks ... it's not r – really important ... but he was a very handsome little b – boy ... always very handsome ... and he was g – going to be married!"

"And what do you mean by zat?" said Fleur suddenly and loudly. "What do you mean, 'e was going to be married?"

I looked between the two women with wide eyes. 

Mrs. Weasley raised her tear-stained face, looking startled. "Well – only that –"

"You theenk Bill will not wish to marry me any more?" demanded Fleur. "You theenk, because of these bites, he will not love me?"

"No, that's not what I –"

"Because 'e will!" said Fleur, drawing herself up to her full height and throwing back her long maneof silver hair. "It would take more zan a werewolf to stop Bill loving me!"

"Well, yes, I'm sure," said Mrs. Weasley, "but I thought perhaps – given how – how he –"

"You thought I would not weesh to marry him? Or per'aps, you 'oped?" said Fleur, her nostrils flaring. "What do I care how 'e looks? I am good-looking enough for both of us, I theenk! All these scars show is zat my husband is brave! Just like how Sara's face shows 'ow she  is brave! And I shall do zat!" she added fiercely, pushing Mrs. Weasley aside and snatching the ointment from her.

Mrs. Weasley fell back against her husband and watched Fleur mopping up Bill's wounds with a most curious expression upon her face. Nobody said anything. I wrung my hands nervously, waiting for Mrs. Weasley to explode, as Remus took my hand in his.

"Our Great Auntie Muriel," said Mrs. Weasley after a long pause, "has a very beautiful tiara – goblin made – which I am sure I could persuade her to lend you for the wedding. She is very fond of Bill, you know, and it would look lovely with your hair."

"Thank you," said Fleur stiffly. "I am sure zat will be lovely."

And then both women were crying and hugging each other. Everyone stared at them with startled expressions.

The hospital doors opened again and Hagrid walked in. "I've ... I've done it, Professor," he choked. "M – moved him. Professor Sprout's got the kids back in bed. Professor Flitwick's lyin' down but he says he'll be all right in a jiffy, an' Professor Slughorn says the Ministry's bin informed."

 "Thank you, Hagrid," said Professor McGonagall, standing up at once and turning to look at the group around Bill's bed. "I shall have to see the Ministry when they get here. Hagrid, please tell the Heads of House – Slughorn can represent Slytherin – that I want to see them in my office forthwith. I would like you to join us, too."

As Hagrid nodded, turned and shuffled out of the room again, she looked down at Harry. "Before I meet them I would like a quick word with you, Harry. If you'll come with me ..."

Harry looked to all of us and muttered, "See you later."

We all watched as he followed McGonagall out of the Hospital Wing. 

I sighed, leaning against Remus. "I should have asked McGonagall if I can go see Shay."

"They just got all the students to bed Sara." Remus said softly. "You can see him tomorrow."

"I suppose." I watched Mrs. Weasley and Fleur, who were not hugging anymore, but were standing side by side as they still looked down at Bill. "Hey Rem?"

I was speaking so softly so that only he could hear me. 

"Yes?" he whispered back.

"Have you ever- have you ever thought -of...." I trailed off.

"Thought of what darling?" he prompted.

"Marriage?"

Remus stiffened slightly. "Well I.. I mean...."

It turned out the others could hear our conversation too.

"You two live togezzer." Fleur said. 

"Yeah, for like the past two years." Tonks said, while Ollie nodded. 

"But marriage is.... it feels different... I mean my condition-" Remus started. 

"I don't give a crap about your stupid condition dumbass." I huffed. "Haven't these past two years taught you nothing about me?"

"I know." Remus sighed. "I know Sara. I know. But it's just, I don't know...you'll be bound to me if we get married. The Ministry-"

"Can kiss my ass." I snapped. 

"Can we talk about this later." Remus asked, exasperated. 

"Fine." I crossed my arms and moved to stand next to Tonks and Ollie instead.

"Sara." Remus looked at me wearily. 

I just turned my head away.

Mrs. Weasley shook her head. "I keep telling you you're being idiotic Remus."

"You've talked about this before?" I narrowed my eyes.

"He's come to me about it before." Mrs. Weasley said. 

"You have?" I turned to Remus.

"I have." he sighed. "I've been thinking about it for a while but... I don't know. Like I said, the thought of it is just so-"

He trailed off and I dropped the subject. 

The next day, just a bit after noon,  I set off to find my brother, with Remus by my side. I found him right away, walking towards the Great Hall with Dean.

"SHAY!" I cried.

Shay turned around and sprinted towards me, barreling into me. I stumbled backwards at his force. "Woah there Bráthair."

"Shut up." Shay laughed, pulling away from me. "Are you alright? McGonagall told me you were fightin'"

"I was." I said. "But I'm alright. Check me out." I stepped back and did a little twirl.

Shay turned to Remus. "Hello Remus. Er, doing alright?"

"Yes, thank you. And yourself?"

"I'm fine."

"Oh you two need to stop being so formal." I shook my head.

"I'm sorry, it's still weird for me having my professor dating my sister!" Shay cried.

I smiled a bit and turned to Dean. "Hey Dean. Er, sorry about you and Ginny."

Dean shrugged. "It's alright. I have my eyes set on someone else anyway." his eyes flickered towards Shay for a split second. 

I snorted. "Right well, anyways I-"

"Seamus! Seamus! Sara!"

We turned around to see our mam, standing in Entrance Hall. 

"Mam?" Shay and I cried at the same time. 

Mam ran forwards and pulled us both into a hug. Other students around us watched the scene, their eyes mostly flickering between Remus and I, while Remus stayed back. Mam let go and turned to look at Remus. "Remus! Come here." she pulled Remus into a hug too. Remus patted her back awkwardly. 

"Now. Seamus, you are coming home tonight." she said. "Sara, I- I can't really tell you what to do anymore but, please go back with Remus or something."

"I don't want to go home yet mam!" Shay cried.

"You have to! I don't want you staying here anymore. It's dangerous." Mam said angrily.

"No! I'm staying for Dumbledore's funeral!"

"No you are not. You are coming home this instant-"

"NO! Dumbledore protected our school and he died! He took risks and he died! The least I can do is stay for the funeral."

I glanced around. Professors were standing on the side, watching the scene unfold. I spotted Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny watching too. 

"Seamus Finnigan you will listen-"

"I AM NOT LEAVING BEFORE DUMBLEDORE'S FUNERAL AND THAT'S FINAL MAM!" Shay screamed.

I had never seen Shay shout like this before. I stared at him in awe. Mam looked at me for help but I shook my head. "Sorry mam, I'm staying for the funeral too."

Mam huffed. "Alright. Fine. You can stay for the funeral. I'll- find a place to spend the night in Hogsmeade."

When Mam kissed us both and left, I turned to Shay. "Damn Shay. What was that?"

Shay shook his head. "I love mam. I really do. But I need to start making certain decisions for myself. Like what I think is the right thing to do. Sometimes Mam is blinded by wanting to protect us, which I get but-"

I hugged him again. "You're a good kid Seamus." I leaned down to whisper in his ear. "Now, pluck out the courage to ask Dean out already, before it's too late. Trust me."

Shay turned a bright red but he smiled slightly, before turning away and grabbing Dean's arm, while pulling him away. 

"What did you say to him?" asked Remus curiously. 

"I told him to ask Dean out already." I said.

"He hasn't done that yet?" asked Remus, looking surprised. 

"They're both oblivious boys. But they also needed time to.... figure out their identities I suppose. Why else was Dean dating Ginny, even though he liked Shay at the time too?"

"You're right." Remus smiled at me. "You really are an observant person, aren't you."

I puffed out my chest. "I know I am."

Over the next couple of days, we visited the Hospital Wing, where Bill was finally awake, though he really liked very rare steaks now.

"BILL!" I screeched, running over and throwing myself on top of him. 

"AGH!" Bill cried. "Fleur help me!"

"No, it eez sweet." Fleur beamed at us. 

I pulled away, and pat Bill's head. "I'm just glad you're alright big brother."

"One younger sister is enough thank you." Bill joked, and Ginny and I both frowned dramatically. 

"Anyways," I tapped my face. "We're matching now, eh?"

Bill smiled slightly. "Yeah, still a bit of a fright when I look in the mirror but I'll get used to it."

I shrugged. "You'll get used to it fairly quickly. I sort of did."

I felt Remus let go of my waist at that, and I huffed. "Oh, stop that Remmy."

"Sorry, I still get so guilty...." Remus said softly.

"Don't." I said firmly, before kissing his cheek.

Ron let out a noise of disgust and I swatted his arm.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 4K 47
(Y/n) Black is going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry to learn all about her newly found powers. She will either be sorted a Slytherin o...
77.6K 1.4K 79
all I can ever ask of you is to stay. just stay. ----- i do not take credit for the s...
1.3K 77 16
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...
308 20 24
Sarai McKinnon grew up in her Uncle Remus's household. Not knowing her parents as her mother died at a early age and her father abandoning her. Remus...