~66~ New Years

New Years was nearing up close, and Mrs. Weasley decided to throw a little party. She was very sensitive ever since Percy came over, but I could tell that she was trying not to think about him. She made me help her with the planning.

"I'll have to make a lot of food." she said anxiously. "And decorations.... maybe Fred and George could provide with a few fireworks, that would be nice wouldn't it?"

"Yeah Mrs. Weasley. But, it doesn't have to anything lavish. I'm sure people will be enjoying the company of friends even if there's not much decorations or things like that."

She shook her head. "We are all in stressful times. I want to do something nice for everybody."

There was no talking Mrs. Weasley out of it, so that's how I found myself in the Muggle Village with Fred and George buying decorations. 

"I don't know how to use Muggle Money." Fred whispered. 

"I do, it's fine." I said. 

Growing up with a Muggle dad, I was an expert. We bought the decorations, and heaved our bags through the snow, back to the Burrow.

"Hey, whatever happened to that Muggle girl you were talking to George?" I asked him.

George shrugged half-heartedly. "She likes girls. Turns out she was hoping I could teach her my 'tricks' so that she can show off to this other Muggle girl she fancies."

I laughed loudly. "Ah, poor ickle Georige."

Fred was laughing too. "It was hilarious when she mentioned that she fancied a girl. George really thought he had her in the bag."

"Don't put it like that Fred." George looked a bit annoyed.

I pat his arm with my free hand, as we walked along the pathway to the Burrow. "Ah George, don't be like that. You'll find your person soon, love."

"I suppose so. At least you'll  have your New Years kiss." he grumbled. 

I grinned. "Hah, yes that I do."

When we entered the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley was rushing around making food.

"Mum, we still have a couple days left, you don't have to rush it." said Fred, placing his bag on the table.

"I know, but I want to make sure we all have enough food. I can't make it all the day before now can I?" she snapped. 

We didn't argue again. The twins and I started decorating around the living room, along with Ginny's help. Remus strolled in at one point, sitting down to watch as I directed everyone with decorations.

"No, Fred don't put the ribbons there, there's already so much there." I said.

"Why can't we just do it ourselves?" asked Ginny, getting a little irritated at all of my instructions. 

"Because Ginny, as much as I love you, your Christmas decorations looked like a snowman threw up all over the living room." I said.

Ginny started swearing at me under her breath while the twins laughed, and Remus smiled lightly. 

"Now, would you come on to fuck?" I said in my light Irish accent, forgetting that no one else would understand what I actually meant. 

Remus' eyes widened while Ginny and the twins stared at me. 

"What?" I asked. "Why are ye all looking at me like that?"

"What did you just say?" asked Ginny with a laugh.

"You just asked us all to fuck you." Fred laughed.

"I wouldn't mind that-" George started, before I slapped the back of his head.