~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding

I was so close to not going to Bill and Fleur's wedding, but I couldn't do that, not to my two best friends. And so with Remus' help, I slipped on my simple purple dress and did my hair and makeup while Remus put on his only suit. 

"Ready love?" he looked to me, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. 

I gave him a small smile, clutching our wedding gift for Bill and Fleur. "Ready." I said softly.

His lips pressed into a thin line, seeing the sadness in my eyes, but he took my hand gently and we took a special Portkey to the Weasley's. We approached the large white tent, where Ron, Fred, George and another red-headed boy, who was Harry disguised as a Weasley, were holding little clipboards. 

"Ah, Remus and Sara!" Fred said grinning, as he looked as his clipboard. "Allow me to show you to your seats. You're sitting next to Ollie and Tonks. Looking lovely Sara." he winked at me.

I smiled slightly. "You look very dashing Fred."4

After he showed us to our seats, his eyes gleamed. "Ah, I think I see a few veela cousins...." he dashed off and I couldn't help but chuckle slightly. 

Sitting down next to Tonks, Ollie reached over and squeezed my hand. "Doing alright Sara?"

I gave him a slight nod but didn't speak, knowing that if I opened my mouth I'd start crying. He squeezed my hand again and stayed silent. Soon, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley strolled up the aisle, smiling and waving at relatives. 

A moment later Bill and Charlie stood up at the front of the marquee, both wearing dress robes, with large white roses in their buttonholes; Fred wolf-whistled and there was an outbreak of giggling from the veela cousins. Then the crowd fell silent as music  swelled from what seemed to be the golden balloons. 

"Oh how beautiful." I murmured.  

Everyone let out small sighs and gasps as Monsieur Delacour and Fleur came walking up the aisle, Fleur gliding, Monsieur Delacour bouncing and beaming. Fleur was wearing a very simple white dresses and seemed to be emitting a strong, silvery glow. While her radiance usually dimmed everyone else by comparison, today it beautified everyone it fell upon. Ginny and Gabrielle, both wearing golden dresses, looked even prettier than usual, and once Fleur had reached him, Bill did not look as though he had ever met Fenrir Greyback.

"She's gorgeous." I whispered to Remus.

Remus smiled down at me. 

"Ladies and gentlemen," said a slightly singsong voice. "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls." The tufty-haired wizard spoke, and I let my mind wander slightly, until he said "" . . . then I declare you bonded for life."

The tufty-haired wizard waved his wand high over the heads of Bill and Fleur and a shower of silver stars fell upon them, spiraling around their now entwined figures. As Fred and George led a round of applause, the golden balloons overhead burst: Birds of paradise and tiny golden bells flew and floated out of them, adding their songs and chimes to the din.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" called the tuft-haired wizard. "If you would please stand up!"

We all stood, and he waved his wand again. The seats on which we had all been sitting rose gracefully into the air as the canvas walls of the marquee vanished, so that we stood beneath a canopy supported by golden poles, with a glorious view of the sunlit orchard and surrounding countryside. Next, a pool of molten gold spread from the center of the tent to form a gleaming dance floor; the hovering chairs groped themselves around small white-clothed tables, which all floated gracefully back to earth around it, and the golden-jacketed hand trooped toward a podium.

Waiters popped up from all sides, some bearing silver trays of pumpkin juice, butterbeer, and firewhisky, other tottering piles of tarts and sandwiches

"Let's go find Bill and Fleur." Tonks said, looping her arm through mine. 

We pushed through the crowd, until we finally reached them. Fleur looked at Tonks and I will a wide grin. "OH SARA! TONKS!" she wrapped her arms around us and gave us large kisses on our cheeks, before turning to Ollie and Remus, and Tonks and I looked to Bill. I gave him a big hug. "Congratulations Billy. I'm so happy for you."

"WE'RE ALL MARRIED NOWWWW!" Tonks screeched. 

Soon, Bill and Fleur were whisked away by family, and the rest of us were thrust back into the party. Remus grabbed my hand and I laughed as we started dancing, him pulling me close. 

"We both have two left feet." I giggled, as we both almost tripped. 

Remus grinned at me. "I know."

It seemed like hours hade passed, until  something large and silver came falling through the canopy over the dance floor. Graceful and gleaming, the lynx landed lightly in the middle of the astonished dancers. Heads turned, as those nearest it froze absurdly in mid-dance. Then the Patronus's mouth opened wide and it spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt. 

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

It was silent for a few moments, as people tried to register what happened, before someone screamed and all went to hell. Guests started to panic and Remus and I pulled out our wands.

"EVERYONE STAY CALM!" I screamed, but no one was listening to me. "Shit, where's Harry?"

"I can't find him!" Remus cried.

"OVER THERE!" Tonks yelled.

I ran towards where Ron, Harry and Hermione were, but right before I could reach them, they had Dissaperated.

"Focking hell!" I cried.

Most guests managed to dissaperate, before Death Eaters arrived.

"WHERE IS HARRY POTTER!" a Death Eater's cried.

"I will make you proud Mad-Eye." I muttered, staring down at the Death Eater. "He's not here!"

The Death Eaters pushed me and I gripped my wand, pointing it at his neck. Remus stiffened beside me but let me do my job.

"Don't try me pretty girl." the Death Eater whispered. "Everyone in the house!"

We were all marched into the Burrow, and the Death Eaters took turns asking us were Harry went. The good thing is no one was lying, we really didn't know where Harry went. The interrogation took hours and hours on end, and we were all heavily breathing by the end of it. The Death Eaters searched the burrow from top to bottom, and found the Family's ghoul. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley told them it was Ron suffering with Spattergroit and that made the Death Eaters back away from it.

Soon the Death Eaters left, and I collapsed on the couch wiping my forehead. "Fucking hell."

"Is everyone ok?" asked Ollie.

Everyone nodded weakly.

"Everyone, go home." Mrs. Weasel said shakingly. "Go home okay?"

"Molly...." Remus started, but Mrs. Weasley shook his head firmly. "Go home."

And so everyone slowly started to leave, Remus and I putting extra barriers around our cottage, before I kicked off my shoes and jumped under the covers, not bothering to get out of my dress. Remus did the same, taking off his tie and jacket but nothing else. He cuddled me and pulled me close.