~22~ The First Task

I was not surprised when Shay sent me a letter, telling me that Harry Potter had managed to become one of the Tri-Wizard Champions. All my friends were thrilled when I updated them on my successful exam, and my mum and thrown a small dinner party, with me and Tonks. Percy and Ollie were invited. Ollie of course, wasn't able to come as he had a quidditch practice he couldn't skip. The big league were not nice when it comes to missing practice, so I was okay wit that. I know that Percy could come have if he tried to, but he didn't. So that just left the three of us, and that was okay. Mum really liked Tonks.

"Talks a lot that one." she said after Tonks went home. "But incredibly sweet. I'm glad your making some friends you are girls. You have too many male friends, it's getting to your head. Maybe that's why your such a slob." she teases.

"I get it from you." I tease back.

After a short break after my exam, it was back to training. Kingsley also updated us on our new little job.

"The first task with be dragons." he explained. "Each Champion will need to get a Golden Egg from the dragons nest. We will need to stand guard in case we really need to intervene."

So, on November 24, we Apparated into Hogsmeade, before walking up to the castle. I wasn't expecting to be back so soon, but here I was. We headed towards the Stadium, where all the students were already seated. I blinked, forgetting there were two more schools and the audience would be much bigger than usual. Dumbledore greeted us warmly. "Kingsley, Tonks, Sara, lovely to see you all."

Each of us had to separate to stand all around the stadium. I happened to be keeping watch right by the entrance, where the dragons would be coming in from. 

"SARA! SARAAAAAA!"

I looked up and squinted my eyes, waving at Shay and Dean, were were jumping around.

"THAT'S MY SISTER!" Shay was screaming proudly. "SHE'S IN AUROR TRAINING!"

I blushed as students around him turned to look at me in awe. I averted my eyes, but was still positively glowing at my brothers praises. 

Soon, it was time for the tournament to start. I was hoping to see Harry to wish him good luck, but I hadn't seen him at all. 

"Hey Sara."

Charlie was grinning, walking past me, with about a dozen other trainers as they brought the first dragon into place.

"Swedish Short-Snout." Charlie said, coming back and now standing beside me. "On duty?"

I nodded. "You can stand here, but don't distract me."

"I won't darling."

I blinked at those words, glancing sideways towards him, but he was looking straight at the pitch. I shrugged off his comment as the Tournament started. Cedric Diggory was the first person to challenge the dragon. I kept my eyes glued to his, becoming rigid when the dragon breathed fire, burning one side of Cedric's face. Luckily he was okay and got the egg. Then it was Krum, then Fluer. Thankfully, nothing drastic happened that needed any of us to help out. And finally, Harry's turn. 

"Can't believe he managed to get it, that kid." Charlie said quietly, as Bagman announced Harry.

Harry stepped into the enclosed area, staring at the Hungarian Horntail. 

"It's considered the most dangerous dragon type." Charlie said, actually looking nervous as he watched Harry.

"Shut up." I said, clutching my wand so tightly my knuckles were turning white. Charlie noticed and grazed his fingers on my knuckles, just ever so slightly before pulling away. I shook off the feeling that was gnawing in my chest at his touch.