real people - j.k.

By pettigrews_puthay

Lynna is comfortable with her simple life, floating by with her bestfriend. Josh is occupied by his up and co... More

notice
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two

twenty one

101 6 6
By pettigrews_puthay

Lynna's POV

It had been a little over a week since they left. It was just as miserable as the first day. The only thing that made it irritable was knowing I was getting to see him soon.

Jake, Frankie, and I had been planning to surprise Josh. It wasn't going to be some grand thing, just have us show up to their show, surprising Josh. It was the only thing that kept me from ripping my hair out. Josh was oblivious to the plan, sounding as dreadful as could be.

I was on the phone with him while I worked. I talked my boss into letting me work outside, giving me the opportunity to talk on the phone with Josh. My boss was actually a very lovely lady, she didn't mind the whole phone thing. Josh did most of the talking, I didn't mind. They had their first show a few days ago, he had very mixed feelings about it. He felt like he didn't do nearly as well as he could, but he loved every moment of it. I really wanted to see them perform in the larger setting.

"Lynna?" Josh asked, startling me.

"Hm?" I hummed, trying to remember what he was saying.

"Are you even listening?" He laughed, amused at my reaction.

"Sorry, I was trying to get this thing off." I said, feeling bad for zoning out. "I promise I'm listening, I just had a moment."

"It's fine." He said, I could feel the smile on his face. He was in a very chipper mood today. "Do you have any big plans this week?"

"Mhm...not really." I couldn't help the sneaky smile, knowing full and well I was going to be on my way to see him. "Why?"

"I was just wondering." He said. "I feel like I've been talking about myself too much."

"I don't mind, I like when you talk about yourself." I said, being truthful. Something about the way he talked, he had such a way with his words you just wanted to listen to him.

"But, I want to hear you talk." He said. "I get bored of myself, as surprising as it is."

"I don't know what to talk about." I said. "I'm not touring, and you're just much more spontaneous than I am. The only interesting thing I do is watch a new movie."

"What new movie have you watched?" He asked, seemingly interested.

"Uh...oh, I finally watched 'girl, interrupted'." I said, struggling to remember the name for a moment. "That was on my list forever."

"What's it about?" He asked.

"This girl, Susanne, she goes to a mental hospital. It's really just her going through it, finding herself again. I don't know how to explain it, but I liked it." I said. "Made me think of 'the bell jar'."

"That's the one you want me to read, isn't it?" He asked, making me smile at the fact that he remembered that.

"You are correct." I smiled. "Oh, and I'm going to kill Frankie."

"Why's that?" He laughed, surprised at the sudden topic change.

"She won't stop playing that stupid french music, as long as possible." I complained, growing irritated just thinking about it. "She says she's 'embracing her roots,' she's barely fucking french."

"I didn't know she spoke french." Josh said, amused.

"She barely does, she's taking a class at college." I said. "All I wish is that she didn't play it so loud. I can't imagine how everyone else feels about it."

"I'm sure they'll be fine." Josh said. "Is it weird that I miss being in the apartments?"

"Yes." I replied, not even hesitating. "I would trade to be in your spot in an instant."

"Lynna." He breathed, sounding exasperated. "You literally could! I've offered a dozen times!"

"I know, I know!" I laughed. I wanted to tell him I was going to see him, but I couldn't just yet. "Oh, and Frank offered to be Sergio's part-time mother if I go with you guys."

"Then what's holding you back?" He asked. "I fully believe Frankie can take care of Sergio."

"No, she cannot." I laughed. "She can't keep fish, plants, basically anything living, alive."

"We'll take care of him, we could even take turns." Josh offered, determined to convince me to leave.

"Josh, I'm not sure that would work." I sighed.

"I wish it would." He said wistfully. "I want to see you."

"I know." I said, wanting to tell him so bad. "We'll see each other before you know it."

"When do you think we'll get to see each other?" He asked. His tone was a bit more longing as we spoke, making me wish there wasn't so much miles between us.

"I don't know." I said, feeling guilty. "I hope soon."

"Me too." He said, a silence falling between us. I wanted to be with him so bad. I didn't realize how hard this would be. It wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't kissed, or we hadn't confessed, it would've been a bit more bearable. I kept thinking back to those mornings where I woke up next to him, the comfort I felt. I wanted to sit around while the boys bickered. I wanted to be with them more than I knew possible.

The days were getting tantalizingly slow until I got to see Josh. It felt like the day would never come, even then, I had a long road trip ahead of me. Frankie and I were leaving the apartments at 6 am, due to it being a 9 hour drive to where they were, wanting to be there when they performed that night. You'd think we'd just get a hotel or a plane, but we were too broke for that.

I wasn't looking forward to the trip, but it'd be worth it. I was so excited to see him, I almost couldn't stand it.

"This is too fucking early to be awake." Frankie complained, lugging her suitcase down the hall.

"I know." I laughed, feeling much more chipper than her. I was going to drive for the first half, Frankie the second part. "Wanna stop at that coffee place before we get out of town?"

"But, I want to sleep." She said, debating it in her head. "If I drink coffee, I won't be able to sleep. You don't mind if I sleep, right?"

"No, I don't mind." I laughed. It was funny to see her like this, the eye bags under her eyes proving she didn't go to sleep early last night. "How about I just get a coffee and you can drink from it if you want to."

"Alright." She shrugged. "I'm starving."

"We'll get a muffin." I suggested, her nodding in agreement. I think the only reason I was so awake was because of Josh. I was actually a morning person, but not this early. Everything inside of me was ready to see Josh, I felt like I was going to explode.

Frankie wasn't lying when she said she was going to sleep. She fell asleep in the first 30 minutes, and had just woken up before it was her turn. I was amazed, I sang, talked to myself, almost wrecked, and she didn't wake up once.

"Are you excited?" She asked as she climbed into the driver seat.

"Excited? I don't think that's the word for it." I smiled, wishing I was already there.

"God, you make me want throw up." She said, failing to hide the smile on her face as well.

"You asked!" I laughed.

"I know, I regret it." She said. "It's cute, don't get me wrong, but then I remember it's Josh."

"I think you're projecting. You wish you had your loverboy to say that about." I said, making her scoff offendedly.

"Don't call him that." She said, raising her finger.

"I apologize." I lied, not sorry one bit. "I can't wait to get there, I can't wait to see all of them."

"I know, I didn't realize how much time we spent together until they left." She said. "And, I just want you to see Josh so you'll stop complaining."

"Me too, I'm sick of myself." I smiled. "I'm also so nervous, I don't know why."

"Probably because you haven't seen him since you confessed your love." She said, partially mumbling as she focused on switching lanes.

"Probably. I'm just nervous for his reaction." I said. "So, we're just gonna get in the crowd, wait til he sees us?"

"That's what we decided." She shrugged. "It sounds very romantic, I can't wait to see his face when notices you."

"I hope he doesn't do anything stupid." I said, knowing Josh all too well.

"Oh, he most definitely will." Frankie said, making me feel worse about my chances. "He might even run off the stage."

"Frankie, stop." I groaned, laughing at the thought of it. "That's the last thing I want him to do."

"Hey, don't complain, the fact that someone would do that for you." She said. "He's so in love with you it's crazy."

I smiled thinking about what she said. I think I was so nervous to see him because I hadn't wrapped my head around the fact that he liked me. It was hard to believe for me. He made it obvious, but I was still nervous. Also, the thought of him doing something stupid when he saw me was terrifying. I wondered if he suspected anything, if Jake might've let it slip. I wasn't even sure if Jake told Sammy or Danny. Sam had a tendency to suck at keeping secrets, so I doubted he told him.

I eventually settled in to take a nap, trying to get as much rest as possible. It took me a while to finally fall asleep, my mind focusing on Josh. That's all I seemed to think about these days, Josh never left my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 364 34
Rhiannon lands a job working for a band on their first real tour. She instantly catches the eye of one of the members. This fic goes along with my...
19.5K 499 11
Sky is invisible. That never seemed to bother her though, but that is until Jake Kiszka, the only person she wants to be noticed by, starts dating h...
5.9K 145 23
Raegan Jones has been friends with Sam Kiszka since their sophomore year of high school. She's always had a crush on one of his older brothers, Jake...
308 17 9
When Layla is forced to leave behind her home in Australia, a new chapter in her life opens in the small town of Frankenmuth. Navigating relationshi...