The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remn...

By User456as

When a young Ex-Gang lord was betrayed by his own blood is suddenly transported Remnant to start again... or... More

Chapter 1: New Line of Work
Chapter 2: Talking it Through
Chapter 3: Me?
Chapter4: The Hunt continues
Chapter 5: Sea Problem
Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 7: Snow Day
Chapter 8: Transport
Chapter 9: Scout
Chapter 10: Motion
Chapter 11: Mentor
Chapter 12: A Regular Day
Chapter 13: Confrontation
Chapter 14: A Friendly Meeting
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Hostage
Chapter 17: Corrupt
Chapter 18: Heists
Chapter 19: The Showdown
Chapter 20: The Seeker
Chapter 21: The Air Ship
Chapter 22: Travel
Chapter 23: Again?
Chapter 24: Trouble
Chapter 25: Massacre
Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal
Chapter 28: Meeting
Chapter 29: Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Discipline
Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: More Truths
Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 35: Finding the Train to Hell
Chapter 36: Found the Train to Hell!
Chapter 37: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...
Chapter 39: Lesson Learned
Chapter 40: Beacon Days
Chapter 41: Beacon Days Pt.2
Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon
Update!

Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory

778 20 8
By User456as

After the Brawnwen Tribe incident Hector and the rest of the town celebrated knowing that the Brawnwen tribe wouldn't be destroying any towns any time soon.

Hector held up Vernal's weapons in his hands as evidence of his victory.

Traya was less than amused since she saw his tendency to collect his bounty's weapons as trophies was barbaric behavior.

Qrow was less than amused as he stood outside the town while dialing Ozpin.

"Hello Qrow, what news do you have?"

"Our little bounty hunter agreed to join you but..."

"But?"

"He... just killed half of my sister's tribe."

"What? How?"

Ozpin said in a tone that very few people hear Ozpin in. Shocked. This revelation changed how Hector would come to Beacon since word can travel fast at times Hector could perhaps by just his presence alone ward off Amber's attackers and make them miss the opportunity to capture them.

Catching and stopping them was priority number one. So Ozpin had to think of a new way to get him into Beacon.

"How... how did Hector eliminate half of Mistral's most feared bandit tribe?"

"He killed some of them in their sleep before tangling up the rest. He then killed my sisters second before Grimm came and... I don't need to explain the rest."

Qrow replied before taking a swig of his flask and trying to forget the event.

"I... see. I knew he wasn't all too well in the head but this was beyond what I imagined. It honestly saddens me to think what or where in his life led him to this point of murder and destruction."

"You're not the only one. Hell I can't even imagine him and my niece getting along. He'll either get annoyed by her or Ruby running the opposite direction." Qrow said before taking out his flask and drinking it.

"Is Traya coming along? Or has Hector left her?"

"Honestly Oz I don't even know if he even told her yet but I'll let you know first thing tomorrow-"

"I SAID I JUST WANT TO TRAVEL ON MY OWN AGAIN!"

Qrow turned around to see Hector running for his life as Traya followed suit with her three swords pointed at him.

"You can go after I'm done cleaving you into pieces!" Traya yelled back.

"Um Oz... I think he's going alone but..."

"But?"

"I think he's coming back to Beacon in a coffin."

The Next Day...

"You ready kid?"

"Yes and I ain't a kid." Hector replied to Hector as he readied his things along with Vernal's and the Smiler's mask.

Traya was... displeased to say the least but respected the bounty hunters's decision... after a few slaps.

Before they left however they had a call to Ozpin set up a flight directly from Mistral to Vale.

It was currently just Qrow and Hector as Traya was meditating as always.

"Glad you've decided to accept my invitation to help Beacon but due to your reputation and notoriety your going to have to be subtle about it."

Ozpin explained since he didn't want Hector leaving piles of bodies. He hoped Qrow would... manage that.

"A disguise? Sure I've got some but some further information regarding this security work. And what about Atlas since they're gonna be there for the Vytal Festival." Hector said which Ozpin nodded in agreement.

"For Atlas you don't have to worry, I've taken care of that. And for the security detail you'll have to be here in person to discuss it."

"Seems pretty serious. Fine, but don't think I'm accepting the job now." Hector replied before Qrow shut off his scroll.

After getting his things together Hector headed out to say goodbye to Traya.

"I see you're about to leave." Traya said in a meditating position with her back facing towards Hector.

"What gave that away? My luggage?"

*BONK

"Damn it Traya!"

"Just because you're leaving doesn't mean that you can still be a smartass to me. Don't forget who teached you how to wield a sword." Traya responded.

"And I figured out on my own the weaknesses of aura despite me not knowing it existed-"

Hector then suddenly stopped himself with wide eyes that would put an owl's to shame. He simply told her that he didn't know much about aura but not that it didn't exist.
Traya then slowly turned around in a way that made even the Bounty Hunter freeze in fear.

"Hehe... ehhhh." Hector said shrugging before Traya got up and said.

"What do you mean you didn't know it existed?"

She then walked over towards him which Hector replied,

"Well since... we were isolated... we kinda... maybe... yeah we thought it was a load of bullshit that it's a person's soul protecting them but... g-get this... we might... yeah thought it was a myth."

He lied of course. He wasn't going to say that he came from another world that was on the brink of it's third world war.

Hector actually planned for something like this before. While in Atlas he knew one day he would have to explain what and where Los Angeles was and how he ended up in Vale.

Hector planned to tell that his people isolated themselves to avoid everyone else's problems. Then there was the main problem right now aura.

Traya then rubbed the side of her face with her hands which told Hector she was about the kill him or was gonna tell him to leave... he hoped for the latter option.

"I would ask more but seeing as you're walking into Ozpin's trap I'll let you go." Traya said walking past him.

As she turned around the corner of the wall Hector looked up at the sky and softly.

"Thank you grandma."

Unknown to him, a old lady was watching him from a distance. She was saddened to see someone so young get involved with bounty hunting. But she couldn't shake the feeling that... she saw him somewhere before.

LINEBREAK

After Qrow and Hector tagged along a caravan that was heading towards Mistral the ride was rather quiet... and frustrating.

For one, one of the cart's wheels popped off like nothing three times.

Two was because they had to fight some racist bastards who didn't want faunus walking on their turf. Hector didn't kill them... though the gene pool wouldn't have as many racists... Hector didn't know if it worked like that. He made a mental note to check his phone later.

And three was because... there wasn't really a third one. Hector just didn't like inconveniences.

Two Days later...

"We finally made it. Welcome to Mistral." Qrow said as the cart dropped them off a few blocks outside the kingdom's walls.

"Better get your disguise kid- oof! What the hell!" Qrow yelled at he got suckered punched in the stomach.

"I ain't a kid damn it!" Hector yelled back before opening his luggage.

A few moments later...

"Alright let's go." Hector said as he walked out from behind a tree.

He was wearing his dark grey military pants with knee guards and his plain black coat and boots and his black chest armor piece with a black shirt underneath.

He decided to wear Deathslinger's hat well other than a trophy it was actually a nice hat. He also wore his arm bracers as he wasn't going in naked without any type of weapons.

Speaking of weapons he wore three knives. One on his left boot opposite to his air booster. Another on left side of his waist and another right below his right knee. Of course Deathslinger's revolver on his hip, overall he looked like someone from Vacuo coming in.
Finally he opted to use his secondary gas mask which he colored gray and black for intimidation purposes.

"I thought you said you knew how to be subtle?"

Qrow asked while trying to see under the black cowboy hat but really couldn't since he was tall and Hector was the opposite.

"I am, to everyone else I look like some gunslinger visiting from Vacuo. Plus, I was going to do some shopping. Kinda need some things from here." Hector replied.

"Shopping really? Didn't take you for the shopper type." Qrow said teasing him which Hector responded.

"You can never have too many weapons. If you do you can always hang them on the wall."

Qrow shook his head before following the bounty hunter towards the city.
Hector had to admit it was beautiful. Every kingdom was beautiful in it's own unique way for example Vale was overall pretty nice weather, green trees, sorta a spot one would consider if raising a family.

Atlas, despite the cold Hector could somewhat... enjoy a warm meal next to a scented candle while watching snowflakes fall from the night sky.

Vacuo with the cool nights, watching shattered moon as millions of stars were brightly glowing behind it.

Hector himself liked the Mediterranean architecture but Mistral was up there.

"Knowing your type you definitely know where to get a bandalier and some armor no?" Hector asked as they walked through the streets.
"I know a place. I would say it's pricey but for someone like you it shouldn't be a issue right?" Qrow replied.

"You know it."

A few minutes later...

Qrow was watching Hector as he shopped through:

Becker's Armor and Wear

Hector was looking at the bandalier that could attach itself to his belt holding his revolver. It had four punches followed by small holsters(if that's what its called) where one could put a bullet. Around twelve in total.

Grabbing it he then went to the armor section where there was armor that were placed on mannequins.
Some too big to the point only a Samoan could fit in it or too small like they were selling these to kids. However he did lay his eyes on a armor piece that could be on his left shoulder and one sleeker one on his right shoulder.

Taking the three things to the front he purchased them which was around five hundred Lien.

Putting it on his current outfit he had on Qrow said.

"I think you're the only guy I know who changes outfits when going to different kingdoms."

"Survive. Adapt. Overcome. That's a motto I live by." Hector replied before both walked down the busy streets.

It was sorta a homey feeling with houses, food stands, and people going about their day.

"Give me your fucken money!"

Grabbing Hector's and Qrow's attention they snapped their heads towards an alleyway where a man was beating on a elderly woman holding her groceries.

Qrow then suddenly noticed how still Hector was looking at them.

"Hey-" Qrow tried talking to him to see what's up but got shoved back before heading in their direction.

Hector was no means gonna kill him... but making sure he'd regret hurting an old lady.

"If you're going to do what I think you're gonna do, you're gonna make this trip to Vale more harder than it needs to be."

Qrow said before Hector shot back.
"If you don't wanna beat up a asshole then that's fine but I am."

Deep down he was right...

One minute later...

The thug who tried robbing the old lady was beaten to a pulp to say the least. Both eyes were swelled to the point it looked like a bunch of Rapier Wasps had stung his eyes exclusively and thrown into a nearby trashcan.

"Such wonderful young men you are." The old lady said which Qrow let out a light smile while Hector did everything in his power to try and not hug the living hell out of the woman.
He was standing beside Qrow but the loving feeling of his grandmother had always alluded him since her disappearance.

She then held Hector's hand and tapped it with another before saying.

"Don't ever stop being a good young man."

She then left the bounty hunter standing there... sad. It reminded him of his abuela, the only person to show compassion, the only person to love him.

But then... came anger. He remembered what happened after she disappeared. The beatings, the yellings, the gang that used him, then stabbed him in the back.

All of them.

Qrow looked at the bounty hunter mildy concerned as he just stood there as if remembering something. However before he could say anything he suddenly felt intense anger seemingly radiating off from him.

"Let's go."

Hector said marching off seemingly pissed off which left Qrow to the conclusion that the old lady triggered a memory from the Bounty Hunter's past.

Author's Note:

I would've posted yesterday but my phone straight up broke so I had to get a new one the same day.

Hope yall are having a good week so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 119 7
What if a certain mercenary or a bounty hunter was revived and brought back to remnant filled with desire for revenge. Let's go ahead and witness the...
95.7K 966 33
(Y/n) is a famous bounty hunter called "The Anti Fang" notorious for striking at crucial parts of the white fangs operation. But when he is offered a...
74.4K 1.4K 26
A boy no less then 16 years old was always nice to everyone no matter how rude they was how mean they was he would help them but he always had though...
70.7K 2.1K 48
Fangs as sharp as swords. Wires so strong that rumors said he could trap gods. Poison so strong that it could kill or paralyze Grimm. The most wanted...