VENGEANCE

Από BieAmanda

An action romance. Diana, the princess of Christoria, was abducted by her father's enemy, King Sebastian, whe... Περισσότερα

Teaser and aesthetic
Prologue: Tragic Birthday Betrayal
The Return
Who Is She?
Kill Me Instead
Leave Me Alone
He's a lier
Stuck with you
Apple wine and Beer
I'm thirsty
a/n
Nowhere
Rabbit
The Aim
The Snipers
Eleanor
Exercise

Louis

26 17 3
Από BieAmanda

Diana's POV

I wake up to the sound of Thompson pouring water on our fire.
"What is wrong with you? why are you putting out the fire? Do want us attacked?" I sit up. My head's spins for a few seconds because of the sudden movement.

"If you would stop asking me twenty questions, maybe i'ld explain" he whispers "shut up"

I clam my lips shut. I see him faintly due to the lack of light. Unfortunately for us , the moon isn't bright today.

I hear footsteps of people coming towards our direction. I don't hear voices, just footsteps.  Thompson grabs the gun and stands infront of me.

I feel a fluttering sensation in my gut as he does the simple action. I hold unto my stick tight and hope it's a rescue team sent to get us. My heartbeat quickens and I struggle to make my breathing quiet.

Thompson tries his best to cock the gun without it making a loud sound. The footsteps proceed towards us and we see torches directed at different directions, as if they are looking for someone.

As we begin to see people's silhouette, I grab Thompson's shirt in fear. "Keep calm" he whispers. I nod clamming my lips shut.

"Thompson!" We hear a masculine voice call out. Could it be the assassins sent to kill us.

Please let it be a rescue team.

“Young master! It's Pedro " the voice shouts.

"Pedro he -" I whisper before I'm cut short

"It could be a trap. " He grabs my hand as he's still backing me " remain rooted"

I nod, still shaking in my boots - or in this case, slippers. A shiver runs down my spine as the direction of a torch almost shines on us.

After a few seconds, the continue towards another direction. A sigh escapes Thompson. He stands, dusting his palm of the sand.

"Achoo!" A loud sneeze rings accross the expanse of land. Thompson slowly turns towards me with an icy glare.

If looks could kill, tomorrow might as well be my funeral. He grabs my shoulders shaking me furiously.

We hear the footsteps run towards our direction. " I should just kill you!" He holds my neck lightly. I push his hands away.

"Shut up" I look at the ground in guilt "you were the one that triggered the sneeze"

He rolls his eyes and picks up the gun.

The team find us sitted there. Thompson raises up his two hands in surrender. I follow, looking confused.

"Young master, what are you doing?" It's Pedro and he's casting a wierd look at Thompson.

"Pedro" Thompson says in realization and immediately drops his hands.
"Took you guys long enough. Mosquitoes would have already had their fill with us"

"We apologize sir" another warrior bows

Thompson waves his hands dismissing the topic. "Let's just get out of here"

"This way sir"

***

Men surround us as we exit the forest.

"If I remember clearly, you said it wasn't Pedro calling us"  I smirk at him

"It could have been the assassins. Be grateful it's not" he snaps at me. He's probably still bitter that I was right

"No. Be grateful for my sneeze" he opens his mouth to interrupt but I stop him "Nuh uh. No more excuses"

He grunts out some insults and increases his pace. I chuckle at his childish behavior.

***

We arrive at dawn. The kingdom of Rolleto looks just like we left it. Calm, boring and void of life. Life in the sense of happiness, love and good quality of life.

Standing at the entrance is Sebastian with a permanent scowl on his face.

Thompson and I stand before him before he utters a word. "How was bonding" he smiles at Thompson "I'm glad you are still alive"

He turns around walking into the house. We quickly follow suit. " Both of you have been joking around for the past week." He stops as Slate hands him a document " there would be changes"

Thompson and I glance at each other. Oh oh

"First change, bodyguards" Sebastian looks up from flipping through the document

"Bodyguards?" Thompson echos in question

"Personal bodyguards" two men stand beside him. The man on the right is tall, scarily pale, striking green eyes and red hair. He looks like he's from a fairy tale. He's ofcourse very built with a hard physique. He smirks at Thompson.

"What is this?" Thompson steps forward " I already have Simon breathing down my neck"

"Yes but I am yet to introduce Diana's bodyguard. " The second man I guess he's referring to squares his shoulders.

He's not as built as Simon. Just fit. He has light chocolate skin, a normal low cut but his most striking features are his eyes. His eyes are blue which is strange for someone of African decent. He sends a pleasant smile my way.

I smile back.

"They know everything about this kingdom. From day to day activities to international activities. They are specially trained to guide the king and queen. So as you continue training and getting familiar with the routine, they'll be your guides but also protecting you."

He looks through the document" second change, miss Diana would now be treated as her position here in the palace. Word of her being the next queen won't be disclosed to the public until your wedding. Ruth would put you through the rest" he directs the last part of his statement at me.

"You would also start meeting other leaders and we'll figure out a game plan on how to terminate whatever association is against us." Sebastian turns to leave. "Heal up fast we have alot on our plates "

And with that said he storms out.

I glance at my bodyguard and see him smiling sweetly at me. "I'm Louis. Nice to finally meet you, my princess"

"Princess" I exclaim. I hear Thompson scoff beside me

"As if" he mumbles

"Yes, you aren't yet queen so it's only right to call you princess" he smiles

"Oh but i'ld really prefer you call me Diana. Everyone calls me Diana"

"Called you Diana. From now on, you are no more just an ordinary woman"

"Both of you are to receive intensive care at the clinic " Simon leads us to the clinic
The nurses run to us and help us to get to the bed.

They treat my wounds, cuts, bruises etc and also give medication for pain relief, antimalarial drugs, and overall vitamins.

***

In the afternoon, Ruth walks into my room.
"Long day yesterday huh?" She smiles at me

I sit up from my lying position on my bed.  She rushes to my side and examines my wound that's now covered up "oh little Diana all bruised up"

"Who are you calling little. I'm a woman" I pout at her

she pokes my cheek. "I've got excellent news"

This piques my interest "and that is?"

She walks across the room and opens the door. About five maids hurry in with racks of clothes.

"What's this?" I place my legs on the floor to stand up

"No, remain resting" Ruth instructs me

I hesitantly obey. Resting my back on the headboard, I watch as they start removing my few clothes from the closet and restocking it with the new clothes

"Sir said we should change your wardrobe. In his words ' no future queen of this kingdom would continue to look like a stable rag' " Ruth smiles at me

"How charming " I roll my eyes.

She turns to see that they've finished stuffing my closet. "Alright get out!"

They hurry out and shut the door. She turns to me with a wide grin "I'm so happy for you. You're getting the treatment you deserve " she sits on the bed beside me

"I'm just someone they kidnapped "

"Don't say that. If you weren't captured I'm sure they would have treated you like the princess you are back at your kingdom "

"Well this is my kingdom now " I rub my elbow that's stinging a bit.

"About that, why would sir want you as the next queen. He's handing over two of his most precious things to you. His son and his kingdom "

"Sincerely speaking, I don't know either" I see her looking at me with this worried look. I hug her.

She hugs me tightly

"Whatever he has cooked up , I know it's evil but I'll be strong and try my best to sail through this unscathed "

She leans back and rubs my cheeks "I hope so. I won't lie, I'm worried"

"Don't be" I say in an authoritative voice "I'm a woman now"

she gets up but remembers something so she sits back and smiles widely at me

I lean back slightly "what is it?"

"How was your time with young master?" She holds my hands and looks into my eyes as if searching for answers

"I would say it was an experience. He made me laugh at some point then he became cold then he'd do something that impresses me then he'd be a jerk again then at times, just a spoiled rich brat"

Ruth lets out a laugh. "That sounds like a lot went down "

"Yes" I then fill her in on every detail of what went down

"I'm glad you are safe. Those men wanted to kill you. You need to itensify training."

"I know " I smile at her "thank you for being here with me "

"Oh it's my pleasure " she leaves the bed "let me get going. See you at dinner "

I hear the door shut. I flop down on my bed.

Yesterday was actually fun. It was an experience for a girl that had hardly left this mansion before. Thompson was a jerk but he's actually really smart.

The next few days are gonna be intense. I need to be ready for another attack and not just ready to fight but ready to win.
I hear a commotion at the door.

"Give it to me," a voice demands.

"No, it's for Diana," another voice insists.

"I'll give it to her."

A forceful kick lands on my door. I quickly slide my slippers onto my feet.

A knock sounds, and I call out, "Come in."

The door opens roughly, startling me. "What's happening? What's with all the noise?"

"My princess, this is your soup, recommended by the dietician," Louis beams, his smile radiant.

I shift my attention to Emily, a familiar young maid from the mansion. "And your presence?"

"I was instructed by Miss Ruth to personally deliver it to you," Emily glares at Louis, "but he took the tray from me."

"All matters concerning the princess come through me," he maintains his smile.

"It's fine, Emily. You can go," I dismiss her.

"Yes, Princess," she curtsies before exiting, leaving the door ajar.

"Did she just curtsy?" I gesture toward the open door.

Louis pushes the door closed with a kick. "The king's orders."

He strides toward my bed. "Please sit up."

"Yes, Sir Louis," I comply.

He chuckles, shaking his head. Placing the tray on my lap, he says, "Enjoy."

"Thank you." I offer a sweet smile. Though I've just met Louis, there's a gentle charm about him that makes me feel oddly at ease.

I grasp the spoon and begin sipping the soup. It carries a strong herbal flavor with an unusual spice, yet it's surprisingly delicious.

Louis moves to my mirrored table, picking up my class notes from Mr. Seth's lectures. Flipping through them in silence.

"Are your lessons progressing well?" he inquires, still engrossed in the pages.

"Yes," I nod, even though he's not looking at me. "But Thompson's perpetually irritable attitude tends to annoy both Seth and me. Oddly, he seems to genuinely benefit from the lessons; he displayed impressive knowledge yesterday."

"In what way?" He sets the book down, his expression puzzled.

"His demeanor was quite different. He also demonstrated a good amount of survival tips and knowledge about various situations. Most astonishingly, his  gunmanship skills were impeccable. He appeared highly experienced for someone recently introduced to training."

Louis ponders silently. "I'm unaware of any  prior training in Scotland. I'll discuss your training with Pedro later. Preparedness is crucial; neither Thompson nor the guards will be by your side at all times."

"I understand," I agree. "But now I have you"

He stares at me for a moment with no expression on his face.

"What?"

He shakes his head laughing
"Very well, I shall take my leave. Ring the kitchen when you've finished" he points at a new addition to my room, a phone "and someone will collect your plate," he flashes a charming smile before exiting the room.

Bless you 🤎

What food are you craving for rn
I'm craving french fries man, with ketchup and some chicken. Someone take me to KFC asap.

VOTE IF YOU LOVE FRENCH FRIES

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

44.5K 1.8K 60
"You need to understand this." He stepped closer, "I'm going to protect you Seraphina. Now and forever. Even if you choose to leave. You're someone I...
98.5K 3.4K 39
She was a noble woman, grown up with all the luxuries that many had only dreamed of having. But this life wasn't as it seemed to others. Melani crave...
A TALE OF VENGEANCE Από Red Sword

Ιστορικό φαντασίας

26.3K 1.8K 47
YURANI ALEKHYA DEVRAJ....... A name, a title and living goddess of war. Where ever she goes a faint torment of fear follows her like shadows. Entire...
White Prince Από Kainat

Φαντασίας

1.4K 274 30
"I stared at him , unwillingly . It feels like as if I can't tear my gaze away from him or I don't want to" ----------------- ELOISE RICHARD is a 18...