Mind Reader

By tomoesleftcheek

Matthew James was always known to be the quiet boy, hot, talk handsome you name it. He hangs out with a group... More

Mind Reader
playlist
Prologue
Chapter-one
Chapter-three
chapter-four
chapter-five
chapter-six
chapter-seven
chapter-eight
chapter-nine

chapter-two

1.1K 32 3
By tomoesleftcheek

After all that shenanigans I had my last class of the day. History, I loved history. History made me not want to sleep like every other class.

I sat in my chair. This time Maisha was not with me, which was quite the bummer.

I took out my textbook and a note book preparing to take notes. I also took out my doodle book to pass time by.

I started drawing a body of a male, which turned into me thinking of Matthew. Honestly how could someone be so fine.

I've literally never had any crush besides him. I drew his flawless soft looking dark brown wavy hair as I tucked my own black curly hair behind my afro.

Next I drew his face structure. The structure of knives put together to form such a sharp jawline. I didn't even know that existed.

I drew his eyes. Eyes that are big but have a low look to them. Eyes that are down turned him button type of eyes. Long eyelashes. Surprisingly longer then mine own.

I drew his nose next. The sharp pointy nose yet also mixture of a button nose, which I found quite attractive.

His nose led to his lips. His full, pink plump lips that decorated his face, beautifully.

I drew him with the clothes he wore today. And I realized that I had drawn him writing in his book.

The bell suddenly ran and I jumped and closed my book. I put it in my bag as students piled up.

I layed on my arms waiting for Mr Elgado to come and teach us. I felt a thump next to me. I did not want to see who was next to me.

"Hello, little puta's" Mr Elgado said. I raised up my head and smiled. My favorite teacher.

Personally I think he should be teaching Spanish but his also good at history.

Something or someone kicked my table and it slightly moved. I gave the person next to be a bombastic side eye but I stopped and my eyes Bulger when I saw that it was Matthew. Matthew James.

I immediately fixed my back but sighed. What am I doing for this man. I slunched over the way I was before pretending not to care and started listening.

I could smell that sweet and musky smell of his cologne, Blue de Chanel.

It had been leaked recently what cologne he uses. But honestly the things I would do to him. But let me stop my thoughts and listen for once.

I could feel his burning gaze burning the side of my face and I ignored me. After he stopped being my friend all those years ago, for what reason I don't even know.

I turned to face him. It was getting really annoying but deep down I knew I thought of something else.

"What? " I questioned raising my brow. I wasn't loud nor quiet. A few people turned back to look but I didn't care.

He stared into my eyes. For a moment or two. He cracked a smile and laughed.

I looked away and my mind went into a frenzy. What is going on?

'She made him smile, let alone laugh! '

'He shouldn't be smiling at her, but me! '

'I just wish so bad, like why her when is it going to be my turn'

I cringed at the thoughts of some of the girls.

I pretended like I was doing my work. And I saw him glance at me a few times. Hiding his smile behind his hand. While his other hand was in his pocket.

I took out my doodle book. Deciding to be brave I continued the drawing.

The drawing of the man of my dreams.

He glanced at me for a second and looked away completely turning his head from me.

"Matthew are you okay? You look a but sick, because you a bit red? " the girl besides him asked.

I make people look sick from one glance. Wow

I sighed and turned a new page. I drew and listened to Mr Elgado speak.

The bell rang soon and it was finally time to go home.

I packed up my things and stood up.

Soon I was out the class before someone stopped me. I looked back to see him. I know I'm gonna sound like all the girls but he touched me!

"Tell Dru I'm coming over with Luka to play game's " he said and then started to walk away.

Mentally my mouth was open. His so, I don't even know what to say. His harshness is like nice because in a way it feels like his dominating you but not at the same time.

"I know you don't like me but can you at least say please, it's my house too dude" I said but then cringed because, why just why would I say that.

Sometimes I don't understand myself. He doesn't have manners though.

More like always.

"Don't do it, I'll call him myself " he said rudely. I had it with him. Him and his Shanenagans, him and his rude self.

He stood there looking at me. He expected a comeback, or probably a please.

I turned my heel and started walking away. No one has time for his bs.

Well everyone has but not me.

I got home to Dru trying to prepare sleep over and game night for his friends, that means Matthew staying over.

If he can bring his friends, I suppose I can bring Maisha. But the house would be too over filled. And my mom would get pissed since it's a school night.

Rather not get into trouble so I decided not.

"I heard everyone talking about how Matthew oogled you" he said giving me that grin, he always has on when theres drama.

"Shut up" I said flicking him off.

"I'm not lying tho, look" he said and brought out his phone. It was a picture of Matthew smiling while looking at me.

Then he showed me an edit of that exact scene and then the comments, saying.

'Istg of that man even glanced my way I'd evaporate'

'We need Matthew in life'

'Who is that girl, we need to eliminate possible threats to marrying Matthew'

Okay I knew he looked at me, but not like that. And I still don't think it's like that.

'That girl is so lucky because the way he blushed right after! ' another read and my eyes widened. He was blushing? No ways. Nigga doesn't blush for no one.

I sighed, my cheeks started to hurt. I wanted to smile. But never in front of Dru, he'd just tell everyone with his big ahh mouth.

'Nsuku, I can see that smile' his thoughts said.

"Can you shut up" I said running up the stairs.

He laughed from down stairs and I banged my door. No way I was coming out from here because I already hear the two voices of Luka and Matthew.

I layed on my bed after changing. J was wearing pijama shorts and a big shirt that didn't go over my shorts. This isn't some smutty book.

I tied my afro in a bun and plopped on my bonnet. I washed my face and took off down the stairs to go scavenge the kitchen for food. Hoping that Dru didn't take it at all.

Their talking could be heard from the living room.

"Matthew I command you to bring me water from the fridge now" Dru screeched and they all laughed and Matthew came running to the kitchen.

He didn't see me yet but he was wearing grey sweat pants and a regular white tee and some shark slippers.

He had eye bag masks under his eyes and his lips has some glossy substance.

Are all of them gay? Did I miss something or is this normal?

Matthew snorted and I glanced at him as I fried my mushrooms.

He looked away and stood there. Leaning against the wall. Dru and Luka came running into the kitchen and looked at me.

"Dru cook your own food or order it" I said dishing my food on my plate.

Dru huffed and puffed. "Nigga I was  always kind to you, since birth and you treat your own twin brother like that" he said imitating a sad person.

Matthew and Luka laughed. His laughed sounded healthy and hearty and deep, i sounded like a hungry rat.

Matthew Snorted again and this time I didn't think of it.

I took my food and my drink and started walking out.

"Momma taught both of us how to cook, not only me" I said as he followed me.

"Please, Ku I won't ask again ever again" Dru begged and I smirked. I knew what he was going.

He was already holding a plate in his hand. I took my hand I put a good portion on his plate.

He jumped happily and flew past his two friends.

"Dru, your friends are hungry" I said wanting to laugh. He has the baddest hosting skills I've ever seen.

The way I wanted to burst out laughing was not even okay. They looked at me dumbfounded as if they where used to it. Which they where.

I started laughing. Laughing uncontrollably I struggled to even walk to my room.

My laughter died down and I felt a tap.

Behind me was Dru. Eating while standing. "Make food for all of us" he said giving me the most puppiest eyes.

Dru is the type of person to ask you for things but when you ask he says no, and won't take anything else.

"No" I said, the no coming out so sternly that I  even surprised myself.

He gasped mutterting something about snitching on me to mom.

I turned back around and smirked. "Okay let's see what mom says about you not taking care of your friends in her house" I smirked at him and he frowned knowing that I was right.

I walked into my room closing my door in their faces. I could hear him groaning from the living room. He didn't have his card because mom took it cause she saw how much he was spending on useless stuff.

Today is too good. He knows how to cook and how to do everything his just lazy.

I then heard a loud yay. And soon the house was smelling like the most exquisite food.

I frowned. Yes he knew how to cook but not this well. I opened my door quietly and walked down the states to peak down into the kitchen.

Matthew stood there. Wearing an apron while stirring something. He looked even taller without his shoes on.

I heard a snap and turned around frightened. Dru stood there with Luka laughing on the floor.

"Now you are the one who is oogling him. Both of you what is wrong with y'all huh? " Dru said smirking.

He knew how to make someone's most hated nightmares come to life.

"Nah I just smelt the food and I wondered who was cooking " I said with a straight face.

"Hmmm okay sure" Both Luka and Dru said as I looked into the kitchen again.

Matthews side profile was showing and he had a smile on his face.

It disappeared as he looked at me.

"What? " he asked rudely while giving me this harsh look.

"Eh? " I asked too while pretending to walk in and get water.

He continued with his cooking.

Not only can he be as fine as he is everyday, good grades and cooking too?!

This man had everything. Everything that I needed.

Everything she wants was playing in my headphones as I bent down to get ice.

Might as well go all out with getting my water.

I got up, sharply when I smelt his cologn near me.

I bumped into him from behind.

He was standing right behind me and he didn't move.

At this point I was trapped in the kitchen corner between the fridge and cabinets.

His mind was as silent as though an ant.

I didn't say anything but I kept quiet and held my breath.

He held his breath too  until we both heard a snap. He jumped and moved to the side. I turned around and we saw Dru and Luka both with shocked faces.

"I thought this was supposed to be a slow burn but y'all getting right into it huh" he said looking at his phone.

I glanced at Matthew and he glanced at me too. His ears where red but his face was straight.

Without saying anything I got my water and walked out the room. I let out the breath that I was holding once I closed my door.

'That was crazy' I thought as I slid my shoes off and gulped down the water.

I got onto my bed and held my phone in my hands. I went onto Instagram to see what was going on because my phone was blowing up.

As I'm scrolling. The picture that Dru took popped up and all the other pictures too.

He tagged both Matthew and I. Saying:

"You girls don't have a chance😂😂" I started laughing but it died down as I went through the comments.

They.Fw.Karah:
"You can clearly see that, it was a mistake🙄"

Maya🦦:
"When is my turn coming?? @MatthewJames"

I started laughing at that one. Clearly Matthew saw everything

Whois....layla:
"Isn't it that girl from the pictures before? She lucky lucky fr"

I found myself smiling but I shook it off when I realized, that it probably didn't mean anything and that he was probably looking for something.

But I can't even fool myself into thinking that.

I stopped there because there where more then 2 million messages already.

But when I scrolled up the next one almost made my eyes bulge.

MatthewJames(pinned 1 min ago) :
"🫀🍃"
Reply... (18279371 more replies)

I hid my face in my pillow closing my eyes as hard as I can. This is for real happening.

I looked at the pictures again.

The first one was him and I in a cornor with his hands on the table besides me. Literally trapping me into a cornor.

I smiled but this time I didn't take it off. I swiped to the next picture which was me peaking into the kitchen while Matthew was in the background with an apron on.

I slapped myself a bit and swiped. I was getting whipped.

The next one was in class where he was smiling.

His smile was contagious and I couldn't help but let my brown skin lighten a bit.

Turning off my phone I threw it to the side of the bed and got my bag.

I did my homework until I heard a buzz.

I picked up my phone and it was from Instagram.

Yes there where a bunch of messages from girls but I ignored those. I'd check them out later.

I went to the small heart shaped button that had a '1' on it.

I presses on it and my eyes Bulged. It felt like I was reading a book with many plot twists.

'MatthewJames has requested to follow you'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 33 8
Revenge Hatred Excerpt "I told you to calm down didn't I?" the voice spoke as it came close, I closed my eyes and prayed to God, I was scared out of...
198K 8.1K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...
18.1K 627 108
"Listen to me very carefully," He said after putting me against the wall. "I cannot breathe without breathing in your air." "I cannot hear without li...
87.9K 1.8K 26
*COMPLETED* The way he walked, the way he talked. The way he acted around her. Best friends since they were five. She receives all the hate. Is it h...