Salvation

By RLWhite

⚠️ CONTENT WARNING ⚠️ Domestic violence, emotional abuse and sexual assault. Violent scenes and violent lang... More

Salvation
Before Reading Please Read!
Main Cast
Content Warnings
•Playlist•
Chapter 1: How I fell
Chapter 2: How I met Mr Alexander
Chapter 3: How I found an old love
Chapter 4: How I remembered
Chapter 5: How Mr Alexander met David
Chapter 6: How I couldn't stop thinking of her
Chapter 7: How I couldn't look at him (NEW)
Chapter 8: How I got a day off from work
Chapter 9: How I met Nathan's Mother
Chapter 10: How Grace fell asleep on me
Chapter 11: How my tears fell subconsciously
Chapter 12: How I met Nathan's family
Chapter 13: How I ran from everyone
Chapter 14: How I watched the snow falling (NEW)
Chapter 15: How I felt disappointment (NEW)
Chapter 16: How I confronted him (NEW)
Chapter 17: How he came to my house
Chapter 18: How I went on a business trip
Chapter 19: How I was willing to take a risk
Chapter 20: How We Watched the Stars
Chapter 21: How he found out
Chapter 22. How she keeps running
Chapter 23: How I faced the consequences (NEW)
Chapter 24. How I realised (New)
(Not Edited) How I passed out at his door
(Not Edited) How I held her
(Not Edited) How he took care of me.
(Not Edited) How I stayed with him.
(Not Edited) How he came back
(Not Edited) How I couldn't breath
(Not Edited) How I woke
(Not Edited) How I was speechless
(Not Edited) How we shopped for the wedding
(Not Edited) How we said I do.
(Not Edited) How he carried me through the door
(Not Edited) How my life was perfect

(Not Edited) How my heart broke

24.7K 775 78
By RLWhite

A/N, so everyone is freaking out about the last chapter, so hopefully, this one clear that up. :D

Nathan's POV.

"No, please stay with me", I yelled, and the lift door pinged, and I heard gasps. I looked up and saw Rosie and my mother. Rosie started to cry as she looked at Grace.

"Mother, phone an ambulance!" I yelled at her as I sobbed into Grace's shoulder. Rosie rushed to my side, ripping strips of Grace's dress and used them to try to stop the bleeding.

"Nathan, I need your belt. The glass has cut her femoral artery," Rosie said, her voice cutting through the mess and the silence. I stumble to my feet, my hands slip due to the blood as I undo my belt.

Rosie tightened a tourniquet tightly above the bleeding - I watched as Grace groaned, her face twisted in pain.

"I love you so much," Grace told me, wiping my tears, and she held my cheek. I put my hand over hers, holding it against my cheek.

"I love you; we have so much to look forward to," I say, my voice shaking against the burning of a sob.

"We do?" She whispered, her voice rough and her eyes filling with tears. I tighten my hand around hers, holding it against my cheek. I feel the warmth of her hand, the stickiness of the blood against my cheek, but I focus on her.

"Of course we do. We have our whole lives to spend together, so you have to hold on for me,"

"I feel so tired; my head is burning," Grace stutters, her eyes rolling before fluttering closed.

"I know, you just gotta stay awake," Rosie calls to her, ripping the material of her dress to bandage other cuts on her body.

Grace mummers in response, her eyes open, but they are hazed over.

"We are going to be so happy together, Grace. You have to hold on." I cry, my throat constricting, and tears drift uncontrollably.

"What are we going to do?" She asks weakly, her hazel and honey eyes shining with pain. My mind panics and I try to focus on the dream that I had planned for us.

"We are going to travel to any place that you want. We will see the world, every beach and spend hours in the book shops," I begin, and she smiles, blood staining her teeth. Her breathing is pained and laboured. My mum collapses to the floor, holding herself as she cried.

"That sounds nice," Grace tells me, stucking a painful breath through her teeth.

"You'll get to write your book; I'll paint, and there will be a little dog running around our feet," I continue, smoothing down her hair with my free hand. The other still clamped against hers on my cheek.

"Atticus," Grace faintly whispers, squeezing her eyes shut as Rosie works on her.

"That sounds like the perfect name," I cry, bringing her hand from my cheek to my mouth. I kiss it gently, holding it to my chest.

"We'll be happy," She says, her eyes closing and her breathing flatters.

"No. No. No, stay with me, please," I cried into her shoulder, and I pulled her closer.

"Nathan, I need to do chest compressions. You need to let me help her," Rosie states, her voice calm, but her eyes hold fear and the same sadness that hangs in the air.

I move away, allowing Rosie to keel over Grace. Her hands clasp together, and she begins CPR.

"I don't have a pulse," Rosie tells me, but she doubles her efforts.

"Mum, where's the ambulance?" I yell, my heart ripping in half. My mum looks at me, the tears running down both our faces. I looked back at Grace at her pale white face, and I could feelthe grief poisoning me.

"Please don't leave me", I sobbed in despair as I grip her hand. "You're supposed to be happy; this was your happy ending,"

"I got a pulse, it's weak, but it's there," Rosie calls, relief ringing in her voice. "Our girl is a fighter; she's not giving up that easily,"

"Paramedic," A voice booms through the office; Grace lays unconscious and bloody on the ground.

"Nathan, they're here," my mother told me as she kneeled in front of me.

I looked up with my blood and tear-stained face to see the paramedics. They took her out of my arms and placed her on a bed. Another took David's Body then put it in a body bag.

I couldn't believe he tried to shoot Grace. He's an ex-cop, for god sake!

They wheeled her into the lift, and as we rushed outside, the flashes of the camera's went off. I held Grace's cold hand as we rode in the ambulance. Her heart rate was weak but there. My family were in the car behind us, following us to the hospital.

I tried to get into the room with her, but I got pushed out by a group of Doctors.

"Sir, please stay out here," One told me before closing the door, and I hit my hand off it in frustration.

I saw Rosie, my parents and my brothers running up to me, and my mother pulled me in for a hug as I sobbed on her shoulder.

"She's going to be okay. Isn't she?" Rosie cried into Noah's chest, but no one answered her.

"What the hell happened?" My father asked, and I looked up at him, wiping my eyes.

"He got to her; I don't know how but he got to her. When she didn't come down with the paperwork, I went up to find her, and when I got there," I said, my voice breaking.

"He was on top of her strangling her. So I tackled him off her," I told them, " But he got the better of me and hit me over the head with something from my desk. When I woke up, all I saw was Grace and David fighting over something; then I heard a gunshot go off. At that moment, I felt my heart stop. I ran over to her; she was covered in blood; I pushed David's dead body off her and her....." I trailed off, sliding down the wall.

Rosie sat down beside me, and I held her as she cried with me. "Mum, I love her. She can't die," I told her, and she nodded, tears in her eyes.

"I know, honey," She told me solemnly as she cried.

We sat for hours waiting for some news that seemed never to be coming. Rosie was sleeping on my lap, using my dinner jacket as a pillow. I left my bow tie hanging around my neck, and my shirt was an array; it was stained with Grace's blood.

"Nathan Alexander," A doctor said as he stood with a clipboard in his hands.I stood up and rushed over to him with Rosie by my side.

"I'm Doctor Martin," he told me, and I shook his hand.

"I'm sorry to tell you that Grace has a haematoma of the brain due to a severe head injury," He told us, and I felt like I was in a dream-like this couldn't be real. Like Grace would walk up to me and hug me.

"Can we see her?" I asked, and he cleared his throat.

"Well, there is something you need to know, she is in a coma, and we do not know when she will wake if she will wake," He told me, and I got angry at him.

"Not if! She will wake up!" I said through gritted teeth, and he nodded with a gulp.

I felt the tears come to my eyes, but I forced them not to fall. "Can I see her?"

"Yes, in you go," Doctor Martin told me before walking away. I put my hand out to open the door before letting it fall to my side.

"What's wrong?" Elliot asked me as he put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm scared", I breathed out. I don't think I've ever been this vulnerable in my whole life, not even when Natalie cheated on me. I was just hurt and angry. This is a whole lot worse - I have too many feelings running through me that I didn't even know what most of them were.

Elliot nodded. "I know you are, but she needs you right now," he told me, squeezing my shoulder, and I opened the door.

My heart broke into a million pieces as I saw her pale face with a breathing tube and serval other wires and tubes.

I collapsed into the chair beside her bed, and I broke down.

"Please, Grace, I'm begging you. I'm begging you to come back! Please just wake up," I sobbed as I held her hand.

I couldn't believe what was happening. I'm still hoping that I will wake up any minute from this horrible nightmare and see Grace sleeping soundly beside me, but I know I just wish on something that won't happen.

Soon my family made their way into the room after they gave me time alone with her. Rosie and my mother were a mess.

Bradley walked in, and his eyes filled up with tears. "I'm so sorry, Grace", he breathed out as he kissed her cheek.

"She has to wake up!" Rosie sobbed into my shoulder. "She's family, my sister."

I closed my eyes as I held in the tears as I hugged her tight, still holding Grace's hand.

We stayed sitting in silences, just watching over her. Everyone wishing and hoping that she would open her eyes, but she didn't.

"Goodnight," I said with a slight smile as I hugged my brothers and my father.

"Get some sleep and eat," Elliot told me as he pulled away. "She'll be fine."

My mother looked at me, and a tear ran down my face. "Come here" she pulled me in for a hug.

"Listen to me, Nathan Alexander, that girl there is a fighter. She can do this; it is you who has to keep faith and hope," She told me, holding me at arm's length.

Bradley and I sat back down.

"Nathan, I'm so sorry," He told me, and I nodded numbly as I stared at her face.

"I love her more than anything Brad, I would give up all my money just to have her wake up," I told him, and he nodded.

"We mustn't give up hope," he said to me, and I nodded, pulling my knees onto the chair with me, and I started to fall asleep into a dreamless sleep, still holding Grace's hand. I will never give up hope, and I will never let go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3M 122K 50
Book 3 of New York series (Does not need to be read as a series) His hand travelled further up my thigh causing my skirt to move along with it. I bi...
4.1K 140 36
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
5.9K 104 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...
44.9K 1.8K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...