[Discontinued] BEN Drowned X...

By Miuu-Chan

Discontinued Story Posted cover photos and art can be found on my Deviantart account: http://miuu-chan.devian... More

Introductions
Chapter 1: Distorted Little Dream
Chapter 2: I Nominate You
Chapter 3: That's gonna leave a mark..
Chapter 4: Point Blank
Chapter 5: The Inmate
Chapter 6: Bad Dream after slumber- reality.
Chapter 8: A whole new light
Chapter 9: Memory Lane
Chapter 10: Couple?!
A/N:
Chapter 11- Tipping the Balance
Chapter 12: Cosplays
Chapter 13: Choice of Compassion
Author's Note #2
I'm Sorry.
ben

Chapter 7: Hospital Dilemma

788 49 29
By Miuu-Chan

WARNING: Curse words/Bad Language.

Chapter 7: Hospital Dilemma

Your P.O.V

Morning had came. It's about 5:47 am now, according to my alarm. I haven't seen BEN yet. I haven't slept yet too. Well, I guess It's better than having nightmares.

Right now, BEN 'in' my laptop. I don't know how THAT works. I still have so many questions. I'll have to ask him later. Or maybe not. I'm not sure if I want to know, however I need to know more about his background.

I got up from my bed and walked towards the living room. On the way, I started flicking some switches to light up my way. I found my mom's spare phone (She always kept one) and I tried dialing her other number.

It rang for a couple of moments before it picked up. "Hello?" The voice of my mom said from the other line. "Mom!" I'm overjoyed. They're okay!

"(Y/N)?? Where are you? I didn't find you anywhere! And you left your phone there, I was so worried.." She didn't sound mad, just overwhelmed. "I took off to find some help, I didn't find any, but I met this person who--" I halted immediately. I almost told mom about BEN. He said I can't tell anyone. Especially family.

"Person?" She asked, confused. "Ah, no- yes, I meant an old lady. Sh-she got me home safely. But she didn't have any phones there so I couldn't call 911." I half-lied. But it seems my lie was believable enough. My mom seemed to believe it. Or maybe brush it off. "A-Alright. I'm coming home soon, honey. Just wait til' I get some stuff from James' house and-"

"Is James okay?!" I asked a bit too loudly. "Y-Yes, he's fine. But he's wounded. He's still out cold. The nurse in this ambulance said that he was going to be fine. Don't worry." Mom cleared out for me. "I'm still at the hospital, I'm going now so-"

"I'll go mom, I'll get James the stuff he needs. Just stay there. But, what about Mr Bart??" I asked her. Mom paused for a second and continued with a sad voice.

"The man that we found along with him.." She trailed off. "He.. Didn't survive. I'm sorry, (Y/N). He was stabbed 7 times in the torso and his throat. What on earth happened there??" She asked. "I-I'll explain about everything when I get there, please hold on until then." I promised. "Alright, but explaining will have to wait. I have work today. Are you sure you aren't hurt?" My mom asked. "I'm fine. I only have bruises from the trees that I ran into a couple of times." I said. My mom gave a light chuckle at this. "Be safe. I have to go too. We're close to the hospital now. Goodbye, I love you." My mom said as the line abruptly ended.

So I started my day. I'm going to James house quick and then to the hospital. Hopefully, he'll be awake by then. I bet he's very confused as well.

A few minutes had passed. I took a shower, dressed myself, combed my hair, and everything else. James' house isn't that far. I'll just have to eat some break fast and then set out.

I exited my room and headed for the kitchen. I wonder if BEN is hungry right now? He did say that he has to eat. Maybe I'll make him some break fast too, that's something nice to do. But as I was passing the living room to get to the kitchen, I heard clattering noises from it. Followed by a louder sound, as if objects fell to the ground.

"Shit." A voice hissed. That was BEN's voice. I spoke of the devil and now here he is. Making a mess in the kitchen.

I sigh and enter the room. Seeing all the pans, pots, and other kitchen utensils scattered on the floor. While BEN on the other hand, was searching the cabinets and cupboards. "What the? What are you doing??" I asked as I knelt down before the scattered objects and began picking them up one by one and returning them to their proper places.

"Finding food. Otherwise, I wouldn't show up." He said as he carelessly threw out a jar or strawberry jelly from the cabinet. I scurry to catch it as it was about to hit the ground. I wouldn't want jelly all over the floor. I just mopped it two days ago!

"Be careful! You're making a mess!" I scolded him, but it came out to be more of a plead as I wouldn't want to annoy him. He stopped raiding the cabinets and scoffed. "Whats the point in cleaning up if it keeps getting messy? It's not like you can keep it clean forever." He stated. "Make me breakfast then, if you don't want me to mess up." He walked past me and sat down a chair before the table. How rude.

"Fine. But you're gonna have to learn how to cook for yourself next time. I'm not always gonna be here." I agreed, starting to cook breakfast. "You okay with pancakes?" I asked him. He just waved his hand at me dismissively, I took that as a form of a yes. So I started to cook.

"(Y/N). Who is this 'friend' of yours again?" He asked out of the blue. It sounds foreign to hear him say my name. Well, lots of people say my name. Big deal.

"His name is James. We've been friends since we were young, I dunno when it started exactly, but maybe around kindergarten. As I told you last night, he was the friend who needed help. He got shot and hit is head on a rock. I hope he's alright." I answered. BEN slammed his fist into the table.

"Um.." Was it something I said? BEN was acting like an angry bull. His finger nails dug in the table sheets and he was twitching a little bit. But despite that, he still tried to maintain his composure.

"This 'James'. What's his last name?" He asked curiously and edgy. Almost cautiously. As if he knows what the answer would be but refuses to accept it.

"Ivory" I answered. BEN cursed under his breath. "I fuckin' knew it." He hissed. "What do you mean? Do you know him??" I asked.

Breakfast for me continued. BEN didn't touch the food I made anyway. He was waiting impatiently. He asked me if he could borrow some clothes, so I gave him some of dads'. Everyone will stare if they see him in the mental institution-like clothes he had worn. He waited out the front door right now. Sigh. I guess all these pancakes are to be eaten later.

"I want to come with you to the hospital. Explain what happened." BEN simply said. Good. I don't wanna lie to James.. He knows when I do. It'll jeopardize the situation. BEN didn't say anything else after breakfast, just stared at me like I was some sort of peculiarity. No, he didn't seem to be 'disgusted' but more curious about me.

Little did I know, he had other intentions.

***

"What's in your mind?" I started to talk to BEN. I really couldn't stand the silence. I'm used to talking to James a lot. And with this boy, it's just plain silence. He didn't answer my question. He was quiet all the way there.

After a few more minutes of walking, we got to the front desk and asked where James was. They said he was confined to room 201. I thanked them and turned around to check on BEN.

"Let's go." I told BEN. We went up to a flight of stairs. People around us were tending to each other. Some were in wheel chairs, some had dextrose tubes attached to them, and some are just visitors or nurses. James is supposed to be in the 4th floor.

"You know, BEN, if you keep staring like I just grew two heads you might as well tell me why you're doing that. " I told him. "It doesn't concern you. Ignore me and focus at the task at hand." He said.

"I need to go to the bathroom. Go on ahead. I'll find my way." He cut me off and walked away. disappearing off from my line of sight into one of the turns of the building.

"You're strange." I say to no one in particular, continuing on. At least I can walk with ease now. Without him stealing glances at me from the corner of his eyes as we were silent.

Normal P.O.V

James sat up on his hospital bed. Watching television. (Y/N)'s mother left a while ago, saying that she had to attend to her job. (Y/N) was coming here. He was glad that she was okay at least.

He gripped his bandaged, left shoulder. Where he was shot by an anonymous man whom he never saw or knew. Good thing (Y/N) wasn't shot.

"My perception was off. Even if I didn't do that, she wouldn't really have been shot anyway." He sighed. He continued going through the channels. Nothing in them was relevant.

He rested his chin on his hand. Over his forehead were bandages as well. And a couple of band-aids over the smaller wounds on his face. Made by his land on the ground.

Investigators were called by Mrs. (L/N). They interviewed James a short while after he woke up. But he knew that the case will never be solved and will be considered as just another camping ambush by thugs or something. Not just because they will never find the culprits or they don't know half the shit that happened.

But because they would never let them know. The facility.

Everyone, (Y/N), his other friends, the whole society, doesn't know of it. The facility doesn't 'exist' to them. It has it's own world. No one knows but him and all who works there. Also, the monsters.

Monsters, Freaks, Psychopaths, Sociopaths- you name it. The most notorious and lethal living and non-living organisms to ever exist. All of them are kept there. And each and everyone of those things are pure evil.

To James, that facility is cleansing the world of evil. He himself doesn't know much about it. What they do other than keeping them there. Everyone there keeps secrets. You cannot trust anyone, but you have to.

No one dares speak of that organization with people who doesn't know. They will be marked as traitors. Simply put, traitors are hunted and killed. You do your job to follow the orders and there

He wondered how much longer he can take it all. Other than the life of danger he has, the guilt consumes him. He can't just keep (Y/N) in the dark. They were attacked, and they will be attacked again. Bart, James' co-worker, was killed by one of the monsters. He doesn't want that to happen to (Y/N) or other people. He has to track down the inmate that had escaped before it gets to them. And he knows that it knows (Y/N)'s face as well.

It's hunt or be hunted.

As he was caught up in his thoughts, there was a knock on the door. He thought it was (Y/N). He was both excited and even more guiltier than before. The door opened, but no one came in. Strange.

He narrowed his eyes at the door and waited for whoever was to come there. Maybe it was their attacker? Someone else? Someone from the facility? Either way, he was unarmed. But he's been in worse conditions.

"Show yourself." James called out with a fierce, commanding tone. No response came. But his guard didn't falter at this.

"James Daniel Ivory." A voice said his name. A boy stepped into the room. A boy with dirty blonde hair, Pale skin, and infamous, unflinching blue eyes. "Long time no see." He leaned at the door frame and crossed his arms, glaring at James with distaste.

Your P.O.V

"Ugh. Going up and down the stairs sure is tiring.." I sighed, exhausted. My shoulders were slumped and I was too lazy to walk. I should have took the elevator instead. But no matter, I'm almost there, just a couple of rooms more. James' rooms is on the end of the hallway.

*BOOM, CRASH*

Suddenly, an explosion erupted from before me. On the far end of the hall. There were immediately people scrambling to run away, screaming. The patients, visitors, and personnel got out from all the rooms and went past me in a panicked crowd, desperate for escape and safety. But I just stood there and watched what unfolded before me.

About 12 more rooms ahead until James' room. He must have been caught up with the mess.. "Oh my god.." I muttered as I ran past the crowd.

I ran and ran until I reached the site of the explosion. It wasn't that bad. But there was a few cracks and broken debris on the door frame and walls. There are also black burn marks a over the marble floor, and slight flames crackling and creating dark clouds of smoke. I dared to look up the frame to see the numbers '201' above. Slightly burnt. James'.. Room..

I got in the room and searched about. Even if everything was ashes, smoke, and fire. But there was no sign of James. Maybe he got out and I just didn't notice him?? I need to get out of here then!

*BOOM*

As I was about to exit, another explosion broke out.. I fell to the ground and some dust and small particles of the ceiling fell down. But I wasn't hurt. I scrambled to my feet and got out. The explosion came from me left, just outside the room. It was very loud. It sounded very near here and was stronger than before.

"What the?!" The first thing I saw was the sky. The very far end of the hallway was gone. It was open space where debris, foundation, metal, and gravel was hanging. There was no more walls. And parts of the stone and cement fell down into the ground. I was here, at the 3rd floor. Very high up.

There was also crackling fire and volts or electricity. Must have been an electric explosion from some type of machinery that malfunctioned.

I scan my surroundings and see two figures from the far end, one was dangling from a metal bar hanging from what was left of the broken floor. And while the other, just stood before them in safe distance from the edge of the floor, safe from falling. Doing nothing to help. It's almost as if they were just watching the other person die. I had this gut-wrenching feeling that I know those boys...

One had brown hair, slightly tan skin, and hazel eyes. He had bloody bandages over his head and shoulder. He wore a hospital gown. The one and only James.

While the other one.. You guessed it. Was none other than BEN. Grinning maliciously at James. They were talking. But I couldn't hear what exactly they were saying. James was glaring at BEN with hate that I've never seen him possess before. James dangled on the metal bars, knuckles turning white as he hung on for dear life.

I'm only a few meters away. I'm tired, but there was enough adrenaline to get me through. The smoke is intoxicating and I could hardly breathe as well. I halt and face them.

"James!", I shouted. Both of them looked at me. James was slightly shocked, but BEN showed no interest in dealing with me.

"(Y/N)? Why are you here?? For God's sake, why are you always in the wrong place at the wrong time?!" James exclaimed, frustrated and tired.

"Tired already? Too bad. You have to rest then." BEN said, stepping at James' hands that clung to the metal bars in which his life depended on.

"Stop!" I scream, but BEN ignores my plea. So instead, I try to run my way up to them. I started to jump from one platform of the broken floor to another. Nearly falling in the 5th step, but I kept going. There is no way I'm letting this happen.

I got up to their level. They were across me now. I ran up behind BEN and tackled him with most of my strength without thinking. It caught him by surprise, but I guess I put too much strength that we tumbled towards the wall very painfully.

"Ow.." I mutter as I got off him. BEN took some damage as well. I rubbed my right arm which collided with the floor earlier. I took advantage of the situation and ran to help James get up.

"James!" I grab on to his wrists and try to get him up. But me being not really that physically fit and athletic, I couldn't bring him up fully. He seems very pained and tired. I notice his fingers sliding down.

From down below, I could see crowds of people pointing at the disaster that was happening here. People were screaming and some recorded and took pictures of this. I most of them all are too distracted to call the cops. Later on, they'll post this on their social medias. When one of two of us dies here.. Why are they just gawking at us?!

Behind me, I heard BEN groan. I snap my head towards him in surprise. He was getting up. "Why the hell would you do this?!" I shout at him.

"I'm merely taking out this pest. Now, walk away and let me do my job." He retrieved something from out of the rubble on the ground. A bone saw. "Stand aside, (Y/N)." He ordered.

"Are you nuts?! No!" I mustered up the courage to defy him. I have nothing to fight with. And his eyes perfectly shows that he won't take no without a fight.

"(Y/N), just run and get the cops," James said from behind me. BEN sneered at his comment and cracked another mocking grin.

"..James is my friend.. Why are you trying to kill him?!" I asked BEN. He stared at me then answered, "That is none of your business." Under his bangs was an undecipherable stare. The same look he had on his face last night when I asked him about being friends with him.

From behind him, I could see people with guns stealthily sneak up on BEN. He had his back facing the hallway. If I could distract him..

"What has he ever done to you?" I asked BEN. "..'What has he done to me?' Oh, I could think of MANY things," BEN replied. "But, I think what he's done to YOU are more heavier. But I guess he plugged all that up too huh?" He added. I could see the men behind him come closer and closer.

"...I hate to tell you this, (Y/N), but your attempts of having me distracted are failing." And in the next split second, he spun around and the men met with the bone saw in his hands. I could watch it cut them like butter. And their heads went clean off..

I stared, horrified of the display of decapitated heads on the ground. The men that was once alive and in action, now limp corpses with fresh blood dripping from the decapitated parts of the necks. Their face holding only shock. Their glazed eyes were looking straight at me.

This was the first time I ever saw someone drop dead instantly. Before me. And there was nothing I could do but stare.

Around me, the sounds were muffled again. As I focus all of my attention only to the dead men. Some of the remaining men had been scurrying about. Helping James, shooting BEN, whatever else. I also heard more crashes, cracking of something unknown- like twigs, and some things being squished like jelly.. I dare not to look. For all I would see are corpses. Dead men.

"(Y/N)!!" James shouted. I snap my head to see him being helped out by the men. But I see James look above me. So I follow where his gaze rested on.

James tried to run for me. To save me again. There was a large chunk of debris that was going to fall directly at me. I could get squished. My eyes widened in surprise. I tried to run but, someone else did the running for me.

From the corner of my eye. I see BEN push past the men and run for me. He successfully did so and got my away from the falling debris. But, I was standing near the edge. So we fell down..

"(Y/N)!!!" James screamed my name once more. From the 4th floor we fell and yet, I was still terrified and scarred by the headless men. BEN had saved me. He can both kill and save..

As we were nearing the 2nd floor, BEN had spotted a lamp post. He braced himself for it. I stared at the sea of people below gawking at us. Before I could brace myself for death, BEN had suddenly stopped falling, so did I. He grabbed and hung on to the lamp post before we had his the ground. Then I blacked out due to intense fear and shock.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 634 28
(Cover art is by me!) You, a writer. Him, a serial killer. Your friend insistently pestered you into downloading a dating app to try and get yourse...
2.7K 36 34
so this is a Y/n (you) and Ben drowned love story so there may or may not be a "lemon" in this story so i can't really guarantee about the detail in...
9.8K 410 16
A relatively comfortable life for (Name). She has a little brother, Jake, that she loves dearly, and a mother and father that she adores when they're...
4.5K 39 25
1 week, 7 days, 168 hours, 10080 minutes, and 604800 seconds. Was all you had left with your friend, Ben Lawman till his sacrifice by a cult called t...