The Fighter and The Swordsman...

By The789Guy

You're a Huntsman hailing from Vacuo. You travel Remnant helping others to make up for the many mistakes you... More

Chapter 1: Meeting a Fighter
Chapter 2: Welcome to Sanus
Chapter 3: Forest Mission
Chapter 4: Regrets
Chapter 6: Bitter Past
Chapter 7: Mistakes
Chapter 8: Feeling Better
Chapter 9: Vacuo Defense
Chapter 10: Team Reunion
Chapter 11: Fire in Our Hearts

Chapter 5: Redemption

151 9 0
By The789Guy

You were having a flashback from a year ago. You woke up and saw that his legs and right arm have been replaced with prostheses.

You looked around and saw a professor next to you.

"Where am I?" you asked. "What happened?"

"Hospital," the professor said. "You really messed up this time."

You were consumed by the horror of the professor's words.

"Wh-where are the others?! They're okay... right?"

"One is gone," the professor said while nodding, "and the others have gotten their licenses and left as soon as they can."

Tears begin to fall from your eyes as you lifted your right arm up and shakingly moved it.

The Professor handed you your scroll.

Professor: "Here's your license. Things are going to be a lot harder from now on. Godspeed, Y/N."

The professor left the room as you grabbed a glass of water and held it in front of yourself. Looking at your reflection, you felt nothing but shame and sadness.

You closed your eyes as you crushed the glass.

Returning to the present, you saw yourself camping in the Emerald Forest. The sun rose up and you rode on Solaris to Vale.

You looked at the mission boards was is indecisive about what to pick. Checking out your scroll, you began to shake in nervousness upon seeing your Huntsman license.

Yang: "Hey, what's up, Y/N?"

"Oh, nothing," you said as you put your scroll away. "Just couldn't make up my mind on what to choose."

Yang: "Well, here's one for us."

She walked up to the mission boards and pointed at one.

Yang: "Searching for a group of lost kids in the Emerald Forest. We should do something about it."

"Good idea."

You and Yang headed into the Emerald Forest and you tracked the footprints left by the children.

Yang: "I didn't know you could track people."

"Well, I can track people and animals. You can't always rely on technology for these things. It also helps to be able to read the land to properly navigate it."

Yang: "Awesome! Think you can teach me?"

"If you can be patient with it. I found out the hard way that no matter what, you have to be patient."

Yang rubbed the back of her head.

Yang: "Yeah, I also learned that the hard way."

You saw the direction of where the prints are facing.

"They went this way."

You and Yang ran in that direction.

Yang: "What could have caused them to not be home for days?"

You saw some claw marks and a small amount of dry blood on a tree, as well as several torn pieces of cloth on the plants.

"Grimm."

You and Yang ran faster and saw a pack of Grimm surrounding an old bunker.

Yang: "Let's save those kids!"

"I'm on board with that."

You and Yang charged at the Grimm who charged back at you. Yang propelled herself up and created an explosive wave when she landed.

You use your sword's Dual blade mode and threw one straight through an Ursa. You then grabbed the blade and slashed through multiple Beowolves. Yang took care of a good amount and killed the other Grimm.

A Deathstalker appears right in front of you, growling.

Yang: "Let's show it what we're made of!"

She propelled herself and attacked the Deathstalker. You did the same and Yang dodged the Grimm's tail. You stabbed it through the head and Yang ripped its stinger off, killing it.

You and Yang rescue the kids and drove them back to Vale. They all explained everything and both you and Yang received your payment.

Yang: "Hey Y/N, you look like you haven't eaten for a while. Wanna grab dinner?"

"Yeah," you said after thinking about the question for a second. "I'll pay for it."

Yang wrapped her arm around your shoulders.

Yang: "Oh please, you did the tracking, this meal's on me."

You and her walked away to get dinner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

951K 21.8K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
563K 10.4K 43
_____𝐋𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐮𝐩. 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐝 • 𝐊𝐍𝐘, 𝐔𝐳𝐮𝐢 𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐧. 「 🌠 」 • a kimetsu no yaiba zodiac book.
88.4K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...
418K 10.9K 115
Kurosaki (F/n) is a very kind girl that everyone knew well. Being able to be part of the generation of Miracles and the only girl in boys basketball...