Third Time's A Charm

By ShanayJones629

Esmeray was raised in a shitty orphanage and she didn't attend college. She started working at the age of eig... More

โ€ขMust Read โ€ขWarnings
Characters & Background on Main C.
Playlist
01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
20
21
22?๏ธ
23๏ฟผ๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
24๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
25
26
27
28๐ŸŒถ๏ธ
29
Bonus Chapter.
New book alert Jamican

05

8.5K 421 111
By ShanayJones629

I checked under the bed, inside her closet and bathroom.

"There's no monster Hailey," I said while walking into her room.

"But-"

"Hey, remember what I said?" I asked

"Uncle Steele is the only monster in the house," she says and I nod,

"That's right," I said before passing her stuffed toy back.

"Maybe I shouldn't have watched that scary movie," she said while hugging the teddy bear

I'm gonna murder Kade for letting her watch that scary movie.

"I'm sorry for waking you," she said and I tilt my head.

"Hey, you didn't okay, and my favorite niece is free to wake me up anytime," I said

"I'm your only niece,"

"You are?" I asked and she nods with a smile.

"You want some chocolate milk," I asked and she nods with a bigger smile.

I took her small hand into mine and we both moved in the direction of the kitchen. I placed Hailey's small body up on the counter and she sat comfortably.

I walked over to the fridge and opened it.

After pouring her a glass of chocolate milk, I gave her chocolate cookies.

"Uncle Steele?"

"Yeah?"

"Is Daddy coming home tomorrow?" she asked and I answered "Yeah," she nods before taking a sip from her glass.

I grabbed a mug and poured some whiskey inside as she was busy eating.

After she was done, I followed her back to her room. "How about we leave the lights on tonight?"

"I like that idea," she said and I smiled

I tucked her in and she snuggled the stuffed toy into her small body.

She's attached to the ugly thing.

"Uncle can you read me a story?" she asked and I look over at her bookshelf.

"What book would you like me to read?"

She hums as she stared at the books.

"Gangsta granny," she smiles.

"I love that one," I said before grabbing book.

Hailey loves books and I love reading them to her.

She scoots over and I sat down. The moment she fell asleep, I got up and placed the book down.

I exit her room and went back to my room. I opened the door and Esmeray was sitting on the bed.

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. It was around 3 a.m. I got dressed and left the house.

I head to one of my near warehouses to get some work done.

•••

The door opened and Steele walked in. He had a huge box in his hands.

For the first time, he had no trace of blood on his outfit. I looked at the box and was disappointed.

The box has blood on it

He placed the box on the coffee table and walked towards me.

"Get up," he said before pulling out a pocket knife.

"Wait! Don't hurt me, I didn't do anything-" I started.

He grabbed my hand and place the knife into my palm. My racing heart slowed down for a bit as I stared at him in confusion.

"Open the box,"

"Why?"

"Because it's yours," he said while hauling me towards the box.

"Mine?"

"Yes," he answered

"Why does it have blood on it?" I asked

"I had a bit of an accident," he said and my brows drew together.

"Open the box," he said while ignoring my questionable stare.

"No, you open it,"

"It's for you," he said in frustration.

"I don't want it," I said and he grabbed my hand. He hand guides my hand and cuts through the tape.

"Open it," he said

"No,"

"Why not?" he said and I looked at it.

"Because I think it's a head or body parts. You're a mob boss and I know you people are capable of bad things. Plus it coated in blood,"

He sat down while looking at me.

"Will you please just open the box. You'll like what's inside," he said and I looked at the box

I used my feet and open the box. He face-palmed himself and let out another sigh. I stepped closer and look at what was inside with a racing heart.

Wait-

"Books?" I said before looking at Steele.

"You bought me books-"

"Don't get over your head now," he said

He got up and began walking away. I look back into the box and pick out a couple of books.

If you're a bookworm and just got a box full of books, you'll want to hug and kiss the person.

I look at Steele and I saw was hatred. I wanted to punch him, something.

"What's the catch?" I asked while looking at him.

"There is no catch little bird," he said with a smirk.

"Do you like them?"

"No, in fact I don't want them either,"

"Trying to be nice here-"

"Fuck you,"

"In time little bird,"

I hate that name

Little Bird, ugghh

"They only way you'll manage to fuck me, is if it's rape," I said and he walked towards me.

"You get wet from fear, I've noticed it and you like my body. It excites you, is because I'm dangerous or hot, or maybe both,"

"You're over your head,"

"Am I little bird?" he questions and I rolled my eyes before looking away.

He can't get to me.

"Yes," I said before walking around him.

He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me into his chest. My back collided into his body and he brought his mouth down to my ear.

"One day I'll make you cry and begged. I'll teach you how to scream my name and I'll give you another reason to roll those God damn forsaken eyes at me. I'll break you then add pieces of me to make you whole again. You'll want me, you'll crave me, and you'll need me Esmeray," he whispered before releasing me.

I started unbuttoning my shirt as I walked to the bathroom. I could feel her eyes burning into my body.

Watching me like a hawk,

I took a shower and then went to the closet to get dressed. I exit the closet and Esmeray was sitting on the couch looking at the book.

"Just read one," I said before walking to the door.

I made an exit and locked the door behind me. I went downstairs and I saw Hailey in her uniform. She was having breakfast while Amelia waited on her.

I went and sat next to her and she smiles.

"Good morning Uncle Steele,"

"Good morning little gangsta," I said and she gave me a toothy grin.

"Your driver is waiting Hailey," Aaliyah said while walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning Don," Aaliyah said and gave her a nod.

"Hailey how about I bring you to school,"

"Yes," she said and I chuckled.

She placed her spoon down after finishing her cereal. I got up and grabbed her backpack.

We walked out of the house as she walked by my side. I open the door and she got into the front seat. I strapped her in her seat then got into the car.

Look I never said I was one of those responsible uncles

I'm the reckless, cool uncle and I'm not ashame.

I drove her to school and walked her to her class. Some of her teachers flirted with me and I simply ignored them.

I gave her extra cash and a hug. I left the school ground and went to one of my clubs.

Axel and Kade will come home today so I'll pick them up from the airport when they arrive.

••••

I checked the time on my watch as I made my way to my room. I saw boxes outside the room and I picked them up, already knowing what it was.

1:23 a.m.

I was fucking tired

I entered the room and turned the lights off. I placed the boxes down and close the door. My eyes searched the room and I saw Esmeray fast asleep on the couch.

I let out a sigh while walking over to her. I took a minute and let my eyes scanned her face.

She looked.....beautiful

Drool on her face, snoring, and all, ha

I picked her up and the blanket fell from her body. I brought her to the bed and placed her down.

I pulled the duvet up to her chest and she snuggled into the bed as she tried to find warmth.

I went over to the boxes and started unboxing. After putting the shelf together I grabbed the box of books.

After I was done, I took a shower and climbed into bed.

I looked at the bookshelf as I sat down.

Did he really-

Of course, he did.

I got and I picked up a book I had my eyes on. I sat down and I pulled my legs up on the couch.

I ended up reading until Steele came home. He didn't say anything, he just took a shower and went to bed.

He didn't even care that I pulled a gun.

He slept peacefully knowing I pulled a gun on him.

I took a shower then got back to reading.

••••

I jumped when Steele's alarm went off. It didn't take long until he reaches over and turns it off.

He opened his eyes and turned to look next to him. When he didn't see me, his alerted eyes drifts over to the couch.

His eyes squint and he sat up. "Do you sleep at all," he asked and I shook my head.

He looked at the door then look at me. He sighs before climbing out of the bed.

He walks over to the bathroom and closes the door once he's inside. My eyes went to the clock and read 6:31 a.m.

Thirty minutes later Steele walked out of the bathroom and went to the closet.

When he exits the closet, dressed in a suit I looked back at him.

"Go to bed Esmeray. You're body and brain need to rest,"

"This book is too good," I said while looking back at the book.

I started reading and the book was snatched from my hands.

"Steele-"

"Get your ass in bed,"

"Stop trying to boss me around," I said

"Try?"

He threw the book down before lifting me into his arms. He brought me to the bed and threw me down. My body bounces a few times as I stared at him.

"Get some sleep or I'll take them back," he said in a serious tone.

He placed the covers over my legs and turned the lights off. He exits and I was about to get up.

The door opens and Steele's face came into view.

"I'll take them back Esmeray,"

"Okay fine," I said before laying down.

I closed my eyes and soon sleep takes over.

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 4.4K 47
[๐Œ๐š๐Ÿ๐ข๐š ๐‘๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž] Once lovers, now enemies, but their love was stronger. Milana Levine used to be one of the most well known assassins in N...
269K 3.8K 42
Alejandra Martinez had the perfect life until she lost her mom and childhood to a violent tragedy that she witnessed. As a result, her dad fell into...
2.5K 156 19
๐–๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ข๐ง ๏ฟฝ...
17.4K 365 15
๐ŸŒน Elaya O'Donnell's fascinating life story began in the shadowy alleys of London. Shrouded in an aura of the unknown, Elaya was drawn into a world w...