SleeplessโœŽ

By saaliwritesss

A serial killer. A fed up teenage girl too smart for her own good. What could possibly go wrong Cover by : @a... More

๐•ฌ/๐•น
๐•ฎ๐•ณ๐–†๐–—๐–†๐–ˆ๐–™๐–Š๐–—๐–˜
๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
13
14
15
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
20
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—
๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ
๐•ฐ๐–•๐–Ž๐–‘๐–”๐–Œ๐–š๐–Š
๐•ฌ/๐•น

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–

74 15 66
By saaliwritesss

ILARIAS HEART PLUMMETED RIGHT DOWN TO HER FEET. Her breathing came out shallow, as much as she didn't want to know what was on that file... she couldn't help opening it.

She pressed the link and turned the volume up, Kai was a statue next to her. When the file opened they were greeted with a black screen and heavy breathing, a girls heavy breathing.

Ilaria wanted to switch it off, everything in her told her to do so but she couldn't move. Whoever was holding the camera mounted it and they finally got a view, a sick, twisted, terrible view.

There was a girl, she was strapped down in nothing but her underwear, burn marks - the same as Ilarias dotted her inner thighs. She was crying, thrashing, pulling at her restraints with all her strength.

Everything around Ilaria was silent, there was a ringing in her ears. Look away, she told herself but she couldn't, her eyes were transfixed on the laptop almost as though they had a mind of their own.

The girl had short brown hair, there was something about her eyes. Ilaria gasped and slapped a hand over her mouth, it was Ammarah.

Kai hadn't moved, she wasn't even sure he was breathing as she turned to him, finally getting herself to move, she shut the laptop and turned back to him. He was still staring at the laptop, as though if he stared long enough it might shatter and take away the horrible image with it.

"Kai" Ilaria whispered, she moved to stand infront of him, her back slightly pressed against the desk "Look at me"

Kai moved his eyes to hers, tears were silently moving down his cheeks. Ilaria stood on her tip toes and hugged him, he buried his head in the crook of her neck and then he cried.

Ilaria could feel him slumping and they both slid down to the floor, Kai's head still buried in her neck as he let out sob after sob.

He was sucking in air violently, like he was drowning and was desperately trying to breathe under water.

Ilaria moved slightly to sit on his lap, she wrapped her arms around him, ran her hands through his hair "it's okay" she murmed as he cried "you're okay, just breathe"

His hands were fisted in her shirt so tightly, like he was afraid if he loosened his grip a little bit she might dissapear.

She held him for what felt like centuries. Ilaria wished she could absorb his pain that way, if she held him tight enough maybe it would all go away. She would hold him that way forever, if it made him feel any better.

After hours, she felt his grip loosen ever so slightly, he pulled back to look at her. His hands trailed through her hair, over her face, down her arms, like he was convincing himself he wasn't in a dream.

He cupped her face and rested his forehead against hers, then he lifted his head slightly and kissed her.

Ilaria shattered and scattered and came back together again as she gasped into the kiss, he kissed her like he'd never be able to again, like he was starved and his hunger was insatiable.

Her hands moved into his hair, pulling him impossibly closer, her whole body was on fire, she could feel his heartbeating as frantically as her own as he parted her lips. He would never be close enough, she decided.

Through the fog in her head, she pushed away with a frown "you don't want this" she shook her head, her eyes moved away from his now swollen lips "you're not thinking straight."

Kai wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her closer and placed a single kiss on her neck "I want this. I've wanted this since the day we met."

Ilaria pulled back again causing Kai to frown "you're not thinking straight" she said again as she turned her head away from him.

"Ilaria if you don't let me kiss you again I might just disintegrate" He turned her face towards his own and kissed her before she could respond this time it was slower, like he was trying to memorize the feeling of her lips on his.

He pulled away for air and grinned at her, tracing her lips with his thumbs "you're so beautiful" he mumbled and began kissing her neck, instinctively she tilted her head so he could have more access, he nipped at her neck and Ilaria shut her eyes, the whole world fell away. In that moment nothing mattered aside from Kai and his lips on her neck, he moved lower to her collarbone and sucked on it causing a whimper to fall past her lips, her breaths came in short, if Kai hadn't been holding her so tightly she probably would've fell right off his lap.

"no hickeys" she managed to mumble and Kai pulled away, eyes on her collarbone. He looked up at her and bit on his lip "too late for that" he chuckled as he traced it.

Ilaria let out a long breath and rested her head against his chest "you're insufferable"

"you love it" he told her as he began playing with her hair, they stayed like that for a while before Ilaria pushed up and Kai whined "no come back"

Ilaria rolled her eyes "your back is going to die."

Kai nodded and stood up too with a yawn.

"you should get some rest" Ilaria said softly "I'll get Tate to pick me up"

She began pulling her phone out but Kai stopped her "can you stay?"

After a moments hesitation Ilaria agreed, she could tell he didn't want to be alone and neither did she.

SJe had told her mother she'd be sleeping over at Rose's and informed Rose, her mother was definitely going to double check with her.

After pulling on sweatpants Kai borrowed her and rolling them like 50 times, she walked out with a roll of her eyes "you have NOTHING smaller than this?"

Kai shrugged "it's not my fault I'm this tall"

"sit" He said and Ilaria rose her eyebrows "why?"

"just sit and let me be nice please" Kai chuckled and so she did, he kneeled infront of her and began rolling up the bottom of the pants, when he was done he folded his arms across her thighs and grinned "see, that's all you had to do."

Ilaria stuck out her tongue childishly, Kai screwed up his nose and laughed "okay, I'm starving"

"we can bake?" Ilaria suggested "I'm craving choc chip cookies"

"I don't trust you, you can't even make toast" Kai shook his head "I'll do it"

"you know how to bake?"

"I'm very wifey material, Agent" he replied as he stood up, pulling her up with him "you're making the coffee though"

Ilaria pouted "thought you were going to spoil me just this once" she trailed behind him down the stairs.

Kai scoffed as they made their way in the kitchen and Ilaria sat on the counter, her eyes trailed as she watched Kai make the dough, she tried stealing a piece for herself but he swatted her hand away.

"Are you going to glare at me the whole time?" Kai laughed as he held up different shaped cookie cutters for her to choose from.

"heart" Ilaria mumbled "I love cookie dough, you've hurt my feelings"

Kai moved over to her and kissed her nose and then her lips, despite herself Ilaria leaned into it. She'd never get enough of it. When he pulled away he tilted his head "that better than cookie dough?"

"you can't just win me over with kisses from now" she narrowed her eyes.

"yes I can" Kai shot back.

♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎

As they sat eating their cookies which Ilaria loved though she wouldn't admit to Kai that she liked them, she kept her eyes trained on the movie they were watching, a nagging thought in her head.

When she couldn't take it any longer she turned to Kai "what are we going to do about the file?"

"take it to the police" Kai replied as he bit on the edge of his heart biscuit.

Silence filled the room again and Ilaria finally asked what she'd been meaning to ask before he kissed her "are you okay?"

Kai pulled her closer to him and she snuggled into his side, he had one arm around her and dropped a kiss on her head "I'll be okay."

She was about to push him further but decided against it. He'd talk when he wanted to talk.

Ilaria rested her head on his shoulder. They were taking the file to the police but she had a plan. She just had to copy down the file before Kai took it in, who knew what she could find from that video? They hadn't exactly watched it and she wouldn't let Kai watch it with her, it's too much. She had to do it on her own.

Just this one thing. She told herself. Then she'll let it go.

♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎♠︎
Heyyy heyyy

THEY FINALLY KISSED!? Literally grinned like an idiot writing this chapter lmfao.

What do you guys think of this chapter?

And what do you think the Killers are trying to do taunting Ilaria and Kai this way?

If you enjoyed this chapter dont forget to vote!

And if you are enjoying the book please share it with others whom might enjoy it too <3

Thanks for reading! ❦

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 793 90
2 teenage girls, 5 famous boys, 1 alien, 1 time machine... What could go wrong?
39 12 5
There's a new girl in town. She's used to a big town where you don't recognize anyone unless you know them, but now that has to change. She never kne...
644 44 23
Your typical high school loser and a typical fallen angel. What could possibly go wrong?
1.5K 238 35
One girl, Two boys What could possibly go wrong #cover by @PreshyO_โ˜บ๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ