Saffron, Cardamom & Jasmine F...

Por DezKMonsterz

"The anomaly is from Earth-616" Y/N L/N enjoyed Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse. No, she did not expect to... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 7

401 14 28
Por DezKMonsterz

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

    I've been checking my email the past few days. I haven't gotten back anything from any of the places I applied at.

     There were a few places, around four or five I applied to. And none of them got back to me with anything. I still checked my email every morning when I wake up and every night before I sleep. 

     When I say my email, I mean it's Pavitr's, because my email didn't work. I tested it before trying to log into my social medias. I guess it makes sense that the internet doesn't work the same in every universe. I wouldn't expect it to. 

     Pavitr wasn't here. He didn't have school today but he said he had 'other stuff to do', which I assume was Spiderman stuff. 

     The only thing that was able to be heard was the clacking of the keys of the laptop keyboard. I had gone down a rabbit whole of searching for what movies, music and media in general, the comparisons and contrasts in the media in this universe and my universe. 

     Every few minutes I was checking the email. I clicked back into the email like I have been the past hour I've been on the laptop. 

     But instead of being the same emails, there was a new one this time. One in bold, and unread. I straightened up in my seat at the sight of it, my chest filling with hope. 

     I gasped in delight upon opening it. It was the western style restaurant I applied at. The email said that I was approved of the job and can start working there from next week.

     I had a grin on my face. I was happy. I wasn't even going to be on the job for that long but it still felt like an amazing accomplishment.

      I bounced in my seat, feet stamping lightly on the floor in elation. I couldn't even tell anyone, not until Pavitr came home.

      So I shall wait.

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦ 

     Around half an hour later, Pavitr finally came back. As soon as I heard the door unlock, I was out of my seat and standing in front of the door.

     The door opened and Pavitr walled in, but stopped in his tracks upon seeing my giddy grin and energetic stance.

      "Hello?" He greeted as if he was asking what was up. My grin didn't falter.

      "Guess what I've got." I said with a cheeky smile. He put his hand on his hip and gave me an amused smile.

      "I don't know, what have you got?" He asked me.

      "A job!" I announced as I shot my arms up in the air. 

     Pavitr's face lit up at my words, and now suddenly he's matching my energy. He's got a toothy grin on his face.

     "Y/N! Wow! That's amazing! We have to celebrate." Pavitr exclaimed bouncing on the spot.

     "Celebrate? It's only a small job it's nothing to celebrate about." I said. Pavitr scoffs and waves his hand as to brush my disregard away.

     "Any achievement is an achievement. Let's go get sweets!" He declared as he yanked the door open again and skipped out cheerfully to head towards the sweet store.

      I laughed, but didn't argue and followed him. I was starting to think his idea of celebrating my success was an excuse for him to go out and get sweets.

      There was a sweet shop very close to the hostel. Pavitr mentioned before that it was his favourite sweet shop and he often bought sweets from here.

     He seemed way more excited about this than I was. I had to jog a little to catch up to him. By the time I got into the shop, he was already picking out some sweets.

     When he saw me, he gave me a wave, gesturing to come over to him. I walked over to him as I shook my head a little, a smile still plastered on my face at how silly he is.

     "I got us two of the sweet mix box. It includes most of the sweets here on display! This is also the perfect chance for you to try some Indian sweets!" He told me when I walked over to him. 

     The woman behind the counter was taking sweets out of the trays there on display. There was a assortment of sweets, and the woman was taking one from almost all the different types of sweet they had. 

     We both stood and waited patiently as she picked them out and put them in a small thin cardboard box. She packed them up and passed both boxes to us. I grabbed the sweet boxes as Pavitr dug into his pocket to pay her. 

    After he did, he grabbed one of the boxes from my hands with a grin. As we strolled out of the shop, he gave me a nudge. 

    "That box is for us." He said nodding to the box in my hand. We were outside the shop now and instead of heading towards the hostel, Pavitr had started walking in the other direction. I followed him. 

    "Where are you going?" I asked him as I caught up to him. 

    Instead of answering my question, he stopped the first person he saw and opened the box for them. I furrowed my eyebrows at his actions. The person didn't seem confused or anything, they seemed happy. 

     "What's the occasion?" They asked. 

     "She got a job!" He exclaimed, pointing at me. I stiffened on the spot, and gave them a nervous wave. 

     They took a sweet with a polite smile, and as they walked past me, they gave me a small 'congrats'. I just nodded at them with another polite smile, still confused with what just happened.

      "What are you giving away the sweets for?" I asked him.

     "Oh! It's Indian tradition. We give out sweets when we get good news. I'm not sure what the meaning is behind it. But I suppose it's just to spread the same happiness we feel!" He explained cheerfully, still full of energy and excitement. 

     I hummed in acknowledgment. That's such a nice culture touch, to share your happiness and achievement to others through sweets, even if they're strangers.

     Pavitr continued to give out the box of sweets he had. Every time someone asked what the sweets were for he'd look back at me with a smile and tell them that I succeeded in getting a job. 

     He was nearly finished with the box, and stumbled upon a mother and her two kids. The kids were happy with the sweets, so Pavitr ended up giving them the rest of the box. When the mother asked what it was for, Pavitr told her to take is was because I had got a job, and looked back at me with a smile.

     As he smiled back at me I felt my heart race. Not only that, but my whole chest felt like I was floating. I felt the tips of my ears heat up. I cover my mouth and my eyes widen a little at the realization of what this was.

     I was starting to fall for him.

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

     After Pavitr had finished his box of sweets, we headed back to the hostel to put the box of sweets in my hands away. He told me to put it in the fridge so I did. 

     Pavitr clapped his hands together and looked at me. His lifted his eyebrows and looked at me expectantly.

     "I've called us an 'auto'. What shopping would you like to do next?" He asked me with a mischievous smile. I signed and looked at him with an apologetic smile.

     "I'd rather go shopping after I get my money, you know?" I said.

     "Fair enough." He pauses before giving me a giddy smile. "But we have to at least go clothes shopping. We could get you Indian clothes!"

     Nothing was stopping the sugar high this boy was on. He was so full of energy and was ready to do so much today. I don't think the smile ever left his face.

     And so I let him drag me along to clothes shopping. He brought me to a big clothes store. It was five floors tall, and the insides seemed fancy. It had tiled floors and air conditioning, and smelt strangely nice for a clothes store. 

      I learnt that shops like these had people in the elevator that stops at the floors we ask them to stop at. 

     Pavitr tells the elevator man to go to floor two with no hesitation. He's been here before, he's familiar with the shop. I looked up at him, and he looked down at me. He gave me a giddy smile. He was bouncing on the spot. It brought a smile to my face. 

     He's so cute.

     As soon as the elevator stopped on said floor, he grabbed my wrist and gently brought me over to a section on the floor. My heart skipped a beat at his actions. I tried focusing on the clothes we walked past and ignoring the skin that tingled at his touch. 

     It was when he let go I properly looked around to where he had lead me. We were in the sari section. I gazed in awe at the beautiful clothes around me.

     "We have to get you a sari!" I heard Pavitr say from behind me. I looked back at him, a bit skittish. I shook my head a little.

     "Pav, I can't- I mean I don't know-" I fumbled with my words. He discarded them with a wave.

     "Don't be silly! Come on, let's choose one!" He said before he walked over to one of the counters.

     I turned around to follow him when something caught my eyes. I turned my head to see mannequins with saris on them. One particular on had caught my eye.

     Instead of following him, I walked up to the mannequin. I looked at it closer, it was a pretty one. I liked the colour and design on it. I reached out to touch it. It felt delicate, the silky material tickling my fingertips. 

     "You like that one?" I'm startled by Pavitr's voice at my ear. I yelp in surprise. I didn't hear him approach me either.

     "I-" I fumbled with my words. I looked back at the sari that had caught my eye, and gave a small nod. "Yeah. Yeah it's pretty."

     "Okay then! We'll buy it." Pavitr said and didn't even give me the chance to respond, because he was gone to ask the person at the counter about it.

     My jaw dropped at his hastiness. I quickly walked over to him and tugged on his shirt.

     "Pav! Wait, but- how much is it? I didn't even check, it could be really expensive if it was on display like that."

     "Ah don't say that. Think of it as a gift, okay? No thinking about prices." His smile sent an arrow through my heart, so I stayed silent, letting him buy this for me.

     "Here it is, sir." The woman behind the counter gave Pavitr a box with the sari he asked for.

     "Thank you ma'am!" He thanked her.

     Pavitr put his hand on my back and hurryingly pushed me. I yelped at his quick actions, but that didn't stop him.

     "Let's make you try this on." Pavitr said as he lead me to the changing rooms.

     I turned around to look at him with a hesitant look. When he gave me a reassuring smile, I turned back around to look for an empty changing room.

     Upon finding one, I slid into it and close the door behind me. Pavitr was standing outside waiting for me.

     I decided to try the sari on top of the clothes I was wearing. I wasn't bothered to try the blouse underneath yet, I wanted to see the sari first.

     I took the sari out of the box, letting the cloth fall. There was a heap of clothing on the floor of the room now. I searched for the end of the cloth to try start somewhere. 

     This is where I learned I could not do this. After a few tries of fumbling with it, I couldn't get it to work. I groaned in defeat as I wondered what to do. 

      Would Pavitr know how to do this?

     "Pav? I uh- I need some help." I called out sheepishly from behind the door. "Don't worry! I'm decent, I have my clothes on, I'm just trying the sari on top of the clothes."

     I see Pavitr look left and right before quickly sliding into the changing stall with me. I backed up a little to give him some space in the tight room. 

     It seems he did know how to put saris on, because he quickly got to work and wrapped the silk around me skilfully. 

     "Where did you learn how to put saris on?" I queried. 

     He was on the floor now, doing the bottom part of the sari, folding the cloth between his fingers. He looked up at me with a sheepish smile.

     "I've helped my auntie a lot with this." He said and went back to folding.

     Before long, he was finished, and had put the sari on me. The first thing I noticed is the weight of the sari. I didn't expect it to be this heavy to wear. He stood up and gave me a proud smile. 

     "All done! Turn around and look at yourself in the mirror." He said.

     I turned around to the tall mirror on the wall of the changing room to view myself. I gasped at the sight of myself. The sari was beautiful, it looked stunning on me. It made me feel confident too.

     That's when I felt Pavitr grab my shoulders. I felt my heart shudder. He was looking at me through the mirror. I peer at him through the mirror too.

     "It looks beautiful." He complimented with a genuine and warm smile. His cheeks were starting to tint a little red.

     I see my own cheeks start to flush as well. I smiled back at him.

     "Thank you." I thanked him in response.

     I continue to stare at the both of us through the mirror. Pavitr standing behind me, smiling with his arms on my shoulder, and myself looking pretty in a sari. My heart swelled at the sight.

     I was getting too used to this universe that wasn't mine.

✦❘༻அவங்க༺❘✦

they're still friends i swear

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

405 34 4
❝ Plus, I know whatever 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 to me. 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘 it's for the 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. ❞ ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ✶ Wendy Sta...
420 9 4
UNDER RECONSTRUCTION <3 (and cross posted on ao3) " I F Y O U W A N T I T , G I R L C O M E A N D G E T I T , A L L T H I S I S H E R E F OR Y O...
24.8K 1K 28
𝐌𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝐄𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐧𝐨𝐭-𝐬𝐨-𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 �...
45.5K 1.6K 21
Seeing as the new movie came out, I decided make my own story with Miles. Because I know Everyone is going after Miguel💀 This book will contain both...