Saffron, Cardamom & Jasmine F...

By DezKMonsterz

"The anomaly is from Earth-616" Y/N L/N enjoyed Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse. No, she did not expect to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

343 13 25
By DezKMonsterz

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

     Pavitr was hanging out with Hobie in his universe. The two of them sat on Hobie's bed in his room, chatting after a mission.

     Hobie's room was punk styled room and it was obvious that it was. There were posters all up on the walls, not a space left on the walls. A guitar and whole ass speaker in the corner (god bless his neighbours). Yet it was strangely comforting and relaxing room. 

     They decided to stop by Hobie's universe and take a little break. And have a conversation. A bit of a deep one.

     "Hobie I'm confused." Pavitr starts. Hobie leans back and crosses his arms to look at him.

     "Elaborate." He demands.

      "I think I'm falling for Y/N." He confesses. Hobie snickers at this which makes Pavitr send him a look.

     "What, you just figured that one now?" He says with a snicker. Pavitr rolled his eyes and whines.

     "Hobie, I'm trying to be serious!" Pavitr groaned. Hobie put his hands up in surrender as Pavitr continued. "But I've been falling for her as both Pavitr and Spiderman."

     Hobie squints his eyes shoots him a confused look. "The fucks that supposed to mean."

      "Like, I don't know whether to fall in love with her as Spiderman or Pavitr. Who would she like more? What would be easier? What-" He cuts himself off before he droned on with questions that neither him or Hobie had the answer to.

     Hobie looks at him. Though it wasn't that obvious on his face, he had a sympathetic expression. He listened to him ramble on about his love life, knowing that the girl he was talking about was an anomaly and would have to leave someday. That they probably wouldn't be able to be together.

     With these thoughts in the back of his mind, Hobie still listened. He chose not to tell him about them and to ignore those little thoughts.

     "But I don't know. I don't want something 'casual' you know? I don't want to be just dating, dating is stupid western culture!" Pavitr continued to ramble on. "And I-"

     "Yeah yeah you don't believe in it. Have you told her that yet?" He asks.

     "No! That's- that's the biggest problem right now, I suppose. I feel like I'd have to let her know beforehand and-" Pavitr groans, once again burying his head in his hands.

     Hobie leans up from his position and edges closer to his best friend. He wraps his arm around him in an attempt to sooth him and gives him a pat on the back.

     "I don't know nish about love and all'at so I can't be much help here." Hobie admits truthfully.

     Pavitr looks up from his hands and gives Hobie a friendly smile. "That's okay. You put up with me and that's enough."

     Hobie smirks and gives him a bit of a harder pat of the back this time. Pavitr yelps before they both burst out into laughter.

     "Oi, say, let's go see Y/N." Hobie suggests. "Miss that girl now, I do."

     Pavitr nods. "Yeah. Yeah sure, I'm sure she'd appreciate it."

✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

     I didn't expect Hobie or Pavitr to be in the hostel room when I came back from work. They sat on the bottom bunk, and both turned their heads towards me when I unlocked the door and walked in. I smiled at the sight. 

     Hobie got up from his laid back position on the bed and walked over to me. He had grin on his face and brought his hand up. 

     "How'd my favourite friend?" Hobie said with his hand in the air. I met my own hand with his, giving him a hard high-five. 

     "Don't say that around Pav, he'll get jealous." I joked. I see Pavitr lean out to catch my gaze. I give him a wave as he does. He rolls his eyes playfully, making me chuckle.

     As me and Hobie stood by the door, I see Pavitr check his watch. Whether it was an actual watch or the gizmo I couldn't tell, because he was wearing a full sleeved shirt, and as soon as he checked he covered the watch with his sleeve.

     "I've got somewhere to be now, unfortunately." Pavitr announced. He flashed us a quick smile before squeezing out the door. "See you later!" 

     "Yeah, of course. Stay safe!" I called out after him. It became a habit of mine to tell him to 'stay safe' or 'be careful' when he leaves. It's not like it makes him be more careful on Spiderman duties, but I like to think it does.

     Me and Hobie watched as he closed the door behind him. Now it was just the two of us in the room. I don't think me and Hobie have ever hung out together as just the both of us before. 

     "Hey Y/N." Hobie calls for me. I turn around to him and nod my head. 

     "Yeah?" I respond. Hobie sticks his hands in his pockets and leans against the bunk bend.

     "Do you like Pav?" He asks. I furrow my eyebrows. 

     "Yeah, of course I do, why?" I say as if it was a stupid question. Hobie scoffed at my answer with a smile. 

     "Nah, I mean like like him." He clarifies. I feel my heart quicken in pace. 

     "What?" I ask despite knowing damn well what he meant. It made Hobie roll his eyes, but the friendly attitude still there.

      "What, do I have to spell it out for ya? Do you fancy him or nah?" 

     I stay silent for a minute. My gaze fell to the floor, as I feel my cheeks heat up and heart start pounding in my chest. Leaning back, I felt myself smile. I leaned back against the door and crossed my arms.

     Should I tell him? Hobie is a good friend, I feel like I can trust him. 

     Looking back up at him, I smiled shyly and nodded. When he got his answer, let out a small cheer. I laughed at his reaction.

     "Don't tell him, please!" I pleaded. Hobie put his hands up in defense. 

     "Of course not. Promise." He promised. 

     "You better keep your word." I jokingly threatened, pointing at him. 

     Hobie made a gesture as if he was zipping his lips shut and locked them. He put the figurative key in his mouth and imitated swallowing it. I laughed at his silly gesture.

      He stuffs his hands in his pockets and looks up at me with a more stern and serious expression.

     "You should tell Pav." He says. My eyes widen, mouth falling open. I stare at him for a moment in silence before speaking up.

     "Tell him? Hobie I don't know who you think I am but I do not have that courage" I exclaimed with a tone of disbelief.

     Hobie chuckled and clicked his tongue, shaking his head at me. "Not that. I meant tell him that you know he's Spiderman."

     When I don't respond right away, he continues. "He's been getting a bit confused. He doesn't know whether to get to know you as Spiderman or Pav, and what to reveal as who and stuff."

     I didn't say anything though. Instead I moved my gaze away from him. I stayed in that position for a minute, in thought. If I tell him I'm an anomaly, he'll have to send me back, and I wanted to stay here, for a little while longer. 

     But nothing would happen if I told him I knew he was Spiderman. Hobie was right. I can't just be here knowing all this, and have him confuse himself. 

     I nodded and turned my gaze back to look at Hobie. "Yeah. Yeah I'll do that."

     Hobie nodded too. There was a moment of silence before Hobie spoke up again. "Did you ever learn how to make chai?" 

     "Yeah, I did actually." I responded with an expression of pride blatantly showing on my face. Hobie laughed at it.

     "Lovely, want to brew some up for us?" He asked before walking over to the desk and hoisting himself onto it. 

     I give him a quick thumbs up before heading into the little room to do just that.

     ✦❘༻♡♡♡༺❘✦

     Hobie ended up leaving after an hour, because he got a call from Spider HQ for a mission. After he left I ended up alone with my thoughts. 

     I was left to think about how I could tell Pavitr that I knew he was Spiderman. How would I say it? If he asked how I found out how would I explain? 

     Would I even muster up the courage to tell him?

     I ended up making my self three cups of chai, stress brewing. It wasn't even stress, it was anxiousness. Uncertainty. I was sitting on my top bunk with my third cup of chai when I heard the door open.

     I immediately straighten my back and sit up straight when I see Pavitr walk in, hitting my head off the roof. There wasn't much space between the bed at the ceiling, which I established quite early on. 

     Pavitr gasped at the sound of a thud as I winced. He strode in haste over to the bed and looked up at me with concern.

     "Are you okay?" He asked. I chuckled nervously. 

     "Yeah! Yeah, it's okay, I'm okay. My head's also okay. I think." I blabber nervously. Pavitr definitely noticed because he shoots me a confused look.

     "Are you sure you're okay? Not because of the hit. You seem tense." He says with concern. I look at him, mouth open to say something before closing it again. I break eye contacts, looking away.

     "No, I'm fine, I swear." I lie. Pavitr wasn't dense enough to fall for my lies.

      He climbed up the bunk bed ladder to sit at the end of my bed. He was a bit hunched as was I, because of the ceiling height. He was looking at me, so I brought my eyes up to meet his.

     "Are you sure? You can tell me, you know. Only if you want to!" Pavitr said trying to show me some comfort. I smiled at his efforts before taking a deep breath.

     "Yeah, uh, there's just something-" I couldn't finish my sentence. Not because I stopped myself, but because I was interrupted. I saw Pavitr raise his eyebrows in shock before it happened. His Spidey senses.

     The room shuddered. No, it was more like the whole building shuddered. The bed vibrated. My eyes were wide with panic and confusion. As were Pavitr's. Did they have earthquakes in India?

     Then came the sound. The ear ringing sound that sounded like an explosion. Now I'm gripping onto the bed for dear life. Pavitr, being Spiderman and all climbed down the bunk bed ladder and leaped over to the window.

     The shuddering had stopped, and it didn't seem like the building was collapsing. It felt like a minor earthquake. I climbed down the ladder to join Pavitr by the window.

     By the time I could get to the window, Pavitr had turned around ready to go out the door. As he walked past me, I stared out the window in horror.

     A black fog was to be seen. It wasn't far enough to be called 'in the distance' but it wasn't close enough to do any fatal damage. It was a mushroom shaped fume, with fires dancing around it.

     It was a bomb. A bomb had gone off.

     I turned around at the sound of the door lock being turned. I called out to Pavitr who was about to leave.

     "Wait, where are you going?" I asked him. It hit me a second later that he was probably going off to do Spiderman stuff. Despite that, he answered quickly with a lie.

     "I know someone who lives near that area, I should go check on them." He says as an excuse. "You get somewhere safe."

     And with that he's out the door. I skidded over to the door and pulled it open. I ran out to find Pavitr running down the corridor.

     "Be careful!" I call out after him. He turned around, still moving but moving backwards now. He gave me a reassuring smile and a thumbs up before turning back around and darting down the stairs.

     I stood in the middle of the corridor as I watched him leave. I twisted my head around to scan the area. No one else seemed like they were leaving, so I assumed I was save in the hostel for now.

     I turned on my heel to head back into the room. I opened the door, which still opened with a high pitched creak. I closed the door behind me, and decided to sit myself by the door.

     My back leaned against door and my feet were on the floor. I patted my feet against the floor. Pavitr would come back when he's finished with dealing with the explosion, right?

     I stand up again to sit over at the desk. I plop myself down and open the laptop to pass some time until Pavitr returned. 

     But after half an hour of waiting in the room, Pavitr still hadn't returned. I stood up from the chair, pushing it back with a screech. I walked to the window to peer outside and towards to where I saw the explosion before. There wasn't anything significant to be seen, so I assumed everything was dealt with.

     Except Pavitr still hadn't returned. 

     Letting anxiety get the better of me, I head out the door and decided to go towards where the explosion had happened, where Pavitr had gone. 

      After heading in somewhat the direction of the explosion, taking a few turns here and there, I managed to find myself at the site. 

     There was rubble almost everywhere. And also webs everywhere. It was evident that a fight had happened. The smell of smoke was also unmissable. 

     Ambulances had arrived, and there were people on stretchers and sitting around the place, on the curb and in the ambulances. There were nurses and doctors tending to people as well. 

     As I looked around, I couldn't spot him. Spiderman was nowhere to be seen. Neither was Pavitr. I was fidgeting on the spot, shifting my weight from one feet to another.

     "Madam who are you looking for?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I turn around to see a nurse with a friendly expression. I looked at her with obvious tension on my face.

     "Um, Spiderman." I admitted. 

     "Oh, he left some while ago." She replied nonchalantly. 

     My heart dropped. A while ago? Then he should've returned. He would've easily been able to swing his way back over to the hostel. But he hadn't returned, despite leaving a while ago according to the woman. 

     I gave the nurse a grateful nod before turning on my heel and heading back. I silently prayed to myself that he was safe, and had decided not to come back or something.

     Despite that I kept my eye out as I walked back. Peering around any alleyway I passed. And I'm glad I did. 

     Glancing into an alleyway, there was a flash of a familiar red and blue with shimmering gold. I glanced back into the alleyway to find Spiderman, sitting at the wall.

     "Oh my god, Spiderman!" I exclaimed, bolting towards him.

     Spiderman's head perked up at the sound of my voice. I see the diamond shaped part of his mask widen, as if his eyes were widening.

      I had a smile of relief on my face upon seeing him. But that smile faded as soon as I got closer and stood right in front of him. I gasped in alarm upon seeing the state he was in. 

     Parts of his suit seemed to be a darker red than it should have been. He was bleeding. From the head and his stomach. He hand one hand on his stomach, clenching it. 

     I bent down and reached my hand out in concern, but his other hand stopped me. I looked back up at his face. 

     "You're bleeding!" I exclaimed. I hear Spiderman let out a mocking laugh. 

     "Yes, I am indeed, well done for noticing." He joked. 

     "This isn't a time to be joking around!" I pressed. "You need to get treated. Let me wrap you in bandages."

     "Y/N, you can't." He said. I stared at him.

     "Why not?! Do you not have your bandages on you?" 

    "No, it's- if you want to bandage me, I'll have to remove my mask."

     I hadn't thought about that when I mentioned it. But I still shook my head now when he pointed it out.

     "I know." I deadpanned. 

     "I can't show you my identity Y/N." He denied. 

     "Please! You're hurt! I won't tell anyone of your identity."

     "I know, I know. But it will put you in danger if you know who I am. I can't do that." He explained further. 

     "But-!" I went to protest but was almost immediately cut off. 

     "Y/N please! I can't have you be in danger ever again!" His voice had started cracking. But so had my heart. 

     I stayed silent analyzing whatever expression I could see on his mask. He wasn't going to back down. He wasn't going to give in and show my face, he was stuck on that. 

     I sighed. "Fine. Just- get yourself fixed. Please."

     "I will. I have someone to do that for me. You go back." He said with a small sad smile.

    Despite everything, I obeyed. I stood up and slowly turned away from him. I dragged my feet alone to go back to the hostel. I gave him one more glance before continuing to head on my way.

     My heart felt heavy the entire way back. Tears were stinging at the back of my eyes. I stomached them down, I did not want to cry in public. 

     Why did it hurt? It shouldn't, what he said was entirely fair. And I should be glad that he didn't want to tell me because he thought he was looking out for me and protecting me. So why did it hurt that he didn't want to tell me?

     Hell I was lying to him. I knew his identity, the fact that he didn't want to show me his identity didn't even matter. 

     No, I knew why. It was the thought that he didn't trust me enough to tell me. It was a stupid thought, we only met a little over two weeks ago. But it had me upset nonetheless. 

     I made it to the hostel soon enough, staring at me feet as I walked and ignoring everything around me. I was desperately holding back the tears in my eyes from streaming down my face. 

     I walked into the hostel, up the stairs and unlocked the room door. I closed the door shut harder than I wanted to, slamming closed. 

     I was being dramatic. This was so dumb, why was I upset over something small and pointless as this? 

     "Get over yourself, Y/N." I said out loud to the empty room.

     Despite all that, I clambered to the top bunk, and dug my face into the pillow. 

     And as much as I tried swallowing down the tears, I failed. I sobbed into the pillow.

✦❘༻இல்ல ༺❘✦

i can't write angst :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.8K 1.3K 44
Marked complete. On break until further notice. a preference and one shots book based off of spider-man:across the spiderverse, although there will...
7.6K 170 12
[Finished] As Miles fights for his own path of his universe and trying to go against the stupid canon rules, he escapes from Miguel and flees to an u...
404 34 4
❝ Plus, I know whatever 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐬 to me. 𝑲𝒏𝒐𝒘 it's for the 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. ❞ ︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ✶ Wendy Sta...
76.8K 1.6K 16
y/n met peter parker one time at the one of the university bus stops & shared a pizza with him in the rain. he seemed like the nicest kid & so when y...