Viridity

By Chrysanthemum-_-

[Various!BNHA X Fem!Reader] Always hiding in the shadow of your siblings, you slowly learn that you don't wan... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
A/N
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78

32

4.8K 280 70
By Chrysanthemum-_-

The results of the Cavalry Battle were finally announced by Present Mic. As you all submitted your attained headbands, they tallied all the numbers and declared the passing teams.

"ALRIGHT!! NOW, FOR THE RESULTS OF THE CAVALRY BATTLE!!" Present Mic's energetic voice rang in your ears and you looked at all your teammates with enthusiasm.

"IN FIRST PLACE!! WE HAVE... TEAM BAKUGO!!" Present Mic enthusiastically boomed, with your team cheering even though you guys knew that you all were in first place.

"IN SECOND PLACE! WE HAVE TEAM... TODOROKI!!" A few of the teammates actually seemed content with coming second but one of them stood out. Todoroki, himself. He seemed to be fixed in a trance like state where he was staring at the ground constantly.

"IN THIRD PLACE, TEAM MIDO-NO, WAIT!! IT'S TEAM SHINSOU?!" The said purplette smirked and his teammates looked like they were stoned.

"AND FINALLY, IN FOURTH PLACE!! WE HAVE TEAM MIDORIYA!!" You gave an encouraging smile to the participants of the said team, which mostly consisted of your good friends, like Midoriya, Uraraka and Tokoyami. But there was also this cute pink head, most probably from the Support Course because of the many gadgets she wore.

"THESE FOUR TEAMS WILL BE ADVANCING TO THE NEXT AND FINAL EVENT! FOR NOW, WE WILL HAVE A HALF-HOUR BREAK! ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE ALLOWED TO RELAX AND REFRESH THEMSELVES IN THE CAFETERIA!!" You let out a deep sigh of relief. Because you do not want to fight anyone with how tired you are.

The first and second matches had you totally exhausted and you wanted to just get this over with.

But thankfully, all your female friends formed a circle and dragged you with them, saying that you all should get some refreshments together.

And of course, you agreed. You were happy to spend your time with your precious girlfriends.

After all, you can never have enough of cute girls!

With a smile, all of you made your way to the cafeteria, and many of the girls congratulated you and all those that managed to get to the last round. That is, Yaoyorozu, Uraraka, and You. There was another girl, the cute pinkette from the Support Course. Mina and Hagakure were rather excited for you all, saying that you guys absolutely needed to win against whoever you went up to (you wondered if they thought about what would happen if you guys were pitted against Bakugo or Todoroki).

Meanwhile, Jiro and Tsu were calmly congratulating you and telling you to do your best. You passed by the stadium full of crowd, and actually tried searching for your sister. But with all these people, it was hard to do so. So you just opted to get some food first, before looking for her.

When you all arrived at the cafeteria, you weren't exactly that surprised to see it jam-packed with students in their PE uniforms. If anything, it motivated you guys to hurry and get your lunch or else you'll starve.

This prompted you to pick something that wasn't exactly one of your favorites. I mean, you liked it. But it wasn't your go-to meal whenever you went out to eat. But you guessed that beggers can't be choosers and decided to eat it anyways.

But after picking your meals, next came the difficult part.; Getting a table.

Most tables were already taken and full. The few that weren't, had a few students that were seated, preventing your entire girl squad from sitting together. After a while of searching for a table and failing, you all just decided to sit down wherever you could and at least fill your stomachs with some food.

Which is why, you and Uraraka ended up on an another girls' table. There was a pretty orange haired girl with her hair pulled to the side, a girl with vines for her hair, a girl with dusky green hair that reached below her shoulder, and a girl whose brown bob covered her eyes. You shared a look with Uraraka before you both smiled sheepishly at them.

"Um, excuse me? Do you mind if we sit here? We can't really find any other seats..." You gave them an awkward smile, but thankfully the orangette gave you guys a wide smile and ushered you over.

"Please! Go ahead, you shouldn't bother asking, it's only appropriate since today's jam-packed!" She reassured and both you and Uraraka smiled at each other before thanking her and sitting down.

"I'm Kendo Itsuka, nice to meet you!" She greeted and everyone at her table followed suit, "My name is Shiozaki Ibara, pleased to make your acquaintance." The vine haired girl gave you both a small, professional smile and resumed eating. The girl with curly, dark green hair smiled happily at both of you, "Hey, there! My name's Tokage Setsuna! It's really nice to meet you!!"

Aww, she's so nice! Just like Kendo.

Then, the last girl smiled softly and introduced herself, "I'm Komori Kinoko, pleased to meet you..." You both smiled kindly at all of them and decided to introduce yourselves too, "Hi! I'm Uraraka Ochaco!" Your brown haired friend greeted and you smiled at them for your introduction.

"I'm [Last Name][Name], it's very nice to meet all of you!" They all seemed to have recognized you both as two of the only four girls that reached the final event, and thus, they all began to congratulate you.

"Wow! You both are amazing! Your team won first place, right [Last Name]-chan? Oh, by the way, we're all from 1-B! You guys are from 1-A, right?" You nodded with a small smile as you took a bite out of your food.

"Yup, for both the questions!"

"Oh! That's so cool! But, how did you guys just vanish near the end?! Monoma told us that he was baffled when you guys vanished infront of him! He was even blinded for a small while, right?" Tokage asked as she leaned over, as if she was asking you a state secret. However, you simply giggled as you winked, "I'd love to tell you, but that would ruin the surprise, right?"

The 1-B girls laughed alongside you, nodding and agreeing that the surprise would definitely be ruined if they got spoiled like that.

All in all, the 1-B girls really did help you realise that Kaibara was right. Monoma and Tetsutetsu were the only ones who despised your class. The rest of 1-B seemed pretty chill, hell, you might even hang out with them! They're really fun to talk to. You made a mental reminder to ask Kaibara to let the girls know how much you enjoyed their company and how you'd like to hang out again one day.

Between you and Uraraka, you were a bit of a fast eater. Because you were already done with your food. Or maybe it was because you were really hungry right now, but you got up to put away your tray and were about to go tell the girls that you had to look for your sister when you were greeted by a familiar tuft of hair.

Red and white.

As soon as you put your tray down, he was at your side, and looking down at you, "[Last Name], can we talk?"

You really don't want to. But you figured that you might as well do it, because he didn't seem like he would leave you alone until you listened to what he had to say.

And so, you let out a sigh before nodding and pointing to your new acquaintances chatting with your friend Uraraka, "Let me inform them of my absence and then we can talk." He didn't seem that pleased but he nodded nonetheless.

At this, you decided to stride over to the girls and gave them a smile, "Hey, I'm gonna get going now. It's been really lovely talking to you, and I really hope we can all get together and meet up sometime after this entire festival is over!" The girls loved your idea and heartily agreed.

Meanwhile, you leaned down to Uraraka and slowly whispered, "If I'm not back by the time of the first battle, I'm probably getting murdered... Make sure to tell my family that I love them." She looked extremely horrified while you gave her a humorous smile.

To which, she only grew even more horrified when she saw you walking away with Todoroki.

"Oh, my God... Todoroki-kun isn't going to kill her, right?" She spoke to herself, mindful not to let the 1-B girls hear her thoughts.

Meanwhile, you cautiously followed the dual haired boy as he led you both to a secluded area-Ah, he really is gonna kill you, huh?

"Uh... Mind telling me where you're taking me?" You asked with suspicion to show him that you're actually on to him, but he didn't even look back to answer you, "Somewhere where we can talk privately."

'Yeah, sure. Privately, my ass. He's probably gonna stab me with an icicle or something, and leave me to bleed out, somewhere....'

After a while of walking, you guys finally reached a secluded area. He turned around to you and gave you a chilling glare, "Now, that we're here... Let's talk.... about what you've been pulling since the start of this Sports Festival." He walked a bit closer to you, making you instinctively step back.

"What?"

"Don't try to act so oblivious..."

"So don't act so oblivious!!"

Your breathing hitched when you recalled who said that. Those words, paired with that menacing glare... is enough to strike fear into you once more.

It felt like you were in front of Shigaraki, once more...

"I don't know... I swear..." You grit your teeth in annoyance. Why is Todoroki so terrifying?! Why can't you stand up for yourself?!

You hated how your voice was always caught in your throat whenever you were subjected to his terrifying glare.

"Then what's this entire thing been about? The first race... You did so, so I wouldn't even end up in the top three... And... then, the Cavalry Battle, I had the 10 Million... yet you stole it from me, right at the very end..." His crazed eyes bore into yours and you couldn't find it in you to look away.

"Tell me, is it really that fun to try getting in my way? Do you want to be crushed so badly?"

Annoyance, and fear. That's all you felt right now.

Fear, because of the constant recalling of Shigaraki as you looked at Todoroki. And annoyance, because he was so obnoxious. And you couldn't do a damn thing about it.

He suddenly shot his hand to grab onto your arm, and you finally snapped back to your senses. You immediately pushed his hand away and tried to steady your own gaze as much as you could, "What... do you want from me?"

"What?"

"What do you want? Do you want me to surrender? Is that what you want me to do right now?" He seemed baffled by what you were saying, "Stop twisting my words, I didn't-"

"I don't get it, then!" You finally snapped back. You could feel your breathing quicken, and you already knew this was a bad mistake. You were doing something that would not end well for you.

"You say that I keep getting in your way, but isn't that the whole point of the Sports Festival?! To win? To do your best? What do you even want me to do in an event where we're pitted against each other?! Not do anything, in fear of getting in your way?!" He scoffed, acting like you were the one who was being irrational, and not him.

"Like you haven't been trying to sabotage me-"

"No, I haven't! I've been trying to get first place, is what I'm doing! And it's not like the Sports Festival is the start of all the problems, you've been acting like an asshole ever since you found out I got into UA!"

"Yes, because you're constantly trying to get in my way. You knew I was aiming for UA, you knew that I planned on getting in the hero course, yet you went and decided to put all my efforts to shame by jumping in and trying to block my path." He grit his teeth as he spoke. He never understood why you decided to go against him. You said you were going to do Art, then why did you change just to sabotage him?!

"Oh, my God... You-You... What do you want?! I'm serious about this, what do you want?!"

"What?"

"All your blabbering on about is being first and at the top and shit! What do you want me to do?! I don't get jackshit unless you're willing to tell me! I won't know what I've wronged you over, until you fucking say it! And why do you even think I'm sabotaging you?!" His eyes widened when he heard your words.

What did he want? He... wasn't too sure...

He wanted to win this Sports Festival with just his ice side. But Midoriya had somehow managed to get him to accidentally use his fire side. And now... he's slowly loosing sight for what he wants for his own self.

Is it to pass All Might with his ice quirk only? Wouldn't that still be playing into his father's hands? Because at the end of the day, he's still following the path his father had set out for him.

But you, tired of his unresponsive state, finally spoke up.

"You know what, Todoroki?! Let me tell this to you, very clearly. That I am not competition! I am not trying to be number 1 or trying to steal your 'spot'!! In fact, I doubt that if I do survive these three years of highschool, I'll even end up as a well known hero!" You made sure to flail your hands to explain what you were trying to say.

"Do you understand?! I will most probably be a support hero! I can't fight for the life of me! And definitely not against you! I would never, ever stand a chance!! It's flattering, but seriously! I will not and cannot steal your so-called spot! So stop villainizing me!" By the end of the sentence, you were practically yelling. And now, you were glad he had chosen to go to a secluded area.

"That's not-"

"Well, it sure seems like it! Because I genuinely thought that you were a kind person! I thought that maybe you were just misunderstood, or-or you were just intimidating and people took that the wrong way, or you were just quiet! But you've been really mean!! Saying you're gonna crush me, or telling to stay out of your way!! What, am I a fucking bug?!"

"To me, yes." His answer caught you off guard. He shook out of his unresponsive state and glared at you. "And if what you're saying is right, and you don't want to get in my way, then act like it. Because like I said, I don't care. I don't care, if you are, or aren't aiming for the top, or if you doubt yourself. All I care about, is being number one with my ice quirk alone. That's all I've cared about, and that's all I will care about. I don't care if you find me mean, or rude. I'm not here to make friends to begin with."

You quietened down.

It wasn't that you didn't have anything to say. It's just that you had too much to say and you didn't know what to say first. Yell at him and call him a jerk? Call him a loser and how he's an asshole? Say he doesn't even deserve the spot he's working his ass off for?

You didn't find it in you to say all that. So you settled with a few simple words.

"I see. Good luck then, Todoroki-san." You gave him an empty smile, and his breathing hitched. That smile... reminded him a little too much of his mother.

"I hope you truly enjoy the loneliness that accompanies you, at the very top. Because you don't need friends, do you?"

His eyes widened for a fraction of a second, but unfortunately, you didn't care enough to see that. You simply turned away and left.

Once you were in the main hallway, you took a deep breath to call yourself down, "So much for relaxing... and getting some rest for the next event..." You sighed to yourself as you continued to haul your body through the hallway. In your way, you were met with a very disturbed looking Jiro, who dragged you away to the girls' locker room.

"Aizawa-sensei told us that it's customary for girls to dress up as cheerleaders!" Momo explained as she continued to produce dress after dress for you guys. But all they were met with was an annoyed frown.

"No, it's not. And if it is, make Aizawa-sensei wear it himself because not in a billion years am I wearing that. I'm enough of an embarrassment for my family, don't make me push my luck." You had a tone that let Uraraka know that whatever Todoroki had said to you, definitely upset you.

"Are you okay, [Last Name]-chan? You seem a bit... annoyed?" Hagakure asked, and you nodded, "Yes, because I refuse to believe that Aizawa-sensei of all people, would ask that of us. Did he come over himself to tell you guys that?" If he did, then at least you'll know if your teacher is a closet pervert or not.

"Uh, no... Kaminari and Mineta-chan were the ones who informed us of this, kero." Tsu added as she held the pom-poms in her hands, and you let out a long sigh while dragging your hand over your face.

"Girls, girls, girls... Really? Kaminari and Mineta? The same Mineta who said that he would make it compulsory to raise the girls' skirt by 35 cm if he became class president? Or the same Kaminari, who has asked all of us individually, on a date, at least twice by now?"

The truth seemed to dawn upon all the girls and Mina angrily threw the pom-poms on the floor, "Those assholes tricked us!"

"Yeah, no shit. Now, can we please beat them up or at least turn them in, to Aizawa-sensei? I'm sure he'll give them an appropriate punishment." You drawed out and all the girls nodded, seemingly ready to send the two boys to their deaths.

As they should be.

You made sure to stay in the back, while everyone went up ahead in anger. Trailing behind everyone, you reminisced over what Todoroki had said to you, and your eyes drooped.

You never had expected him to apologise.

But at least you didn't expect him to go this far...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 2.1K 27
" i got all the feels for you !" BAKUGO KATSUKI ╲FEM READER @orihimme › 2020 - 2022
84.2K 2.5K 35
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎/ ☁️ / ─ 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ 𝗒/𝗇 𝗆𝖾𝗌𝗌𝖺𝗀...
6 0 2
A girl who's trying her best to become great hero along side her friends and even someone extra special~❤️
122K 4.2K 26
Yae Todoroki. A name not bothered to be spoken. Not by her sister. Not by her brothers. And certainly not by her mother. TW!! Mental and physical ab...