The Princess & the Football P...

By caniirove

Summary: "They say they want to make the monarchy more modern, to be closer to the people, but then your pare... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 20

1.1K 18 2
By caniirove

"You are going to spend Christmas in Portsmouth with his family, then?"

"And the new year in Italy with mine" Roberta says. "I know you think we are going too fast, but it just feels... Right."

"I know I said that at first, but if I'm being honest... I've never seen you this happy and excited with any of the other guys you've dated."

"Because I've never felt what I feel for Mason" she sighs. "And I think you understand the feeling. I've never seen you smile the way you do when you are with Declan or simply texting him."

"Yeah" I say, my cheeks get a bit warm. Because she's right. These feelings I have for him... They are something new. Something I've never felt for anyone before. And they are very real.

"Are you seeing him before you leave for Scotland?"

"I am, yes. We are having dinner at his place and exchanging Christmas gifts."

"Oh... You mean it's time for the birthday dress to come out and play?" Roberta says with a mischievous smile.

"Yep."

"Perfect timing for my present, then. I know we said years ago that we didn't need to do anything for Christmas, but this is a special occasion."

"Thank you" I say, before looking inside the bag she's given me. "Oh, no. No, no, no."

"C'mon, it'll be fun!"

"Roberta... No."

"Think about it as a game. You take the photos, have fun with them, and then burn them or whatever you prefer."

"You are crazy" I chuckle, looking at the Polaroid camera.

"But you'll thank me later. You'll see" she grins.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Merry early Christmas, your Royal Highness."

"Merry early Christmas, Declan Rice" I giggle.

"Ready to go pick up your present?"

"Ready. But can you give me a clue or something?" I ask as he starts the car's engine.

"Your present is something I can't give you myself because it is very special, and we need the help of someone who knows what they are doing."

"That is so... Weird" I laugh.

"You'll understand it when you see it."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

We've parked in a small street in centre London, and even though there is no one around, we still need to wear the wig and the hat so we go as unnoticed as we can.

"Can I get another clue?" I ask while we walk.

"We are going to a shop" he says, David walking in front of us, another of my security members behind.

"And what do they sell?"

"Jewelry."

"What?"

"I'm not getting you an engagement ring, don't worry" he laughs. "Besides, I don't know if I'm allowed to do it since you are the heir and all that."

"There hasn't been a female heir in generations, I'm not sure about the rules. But maybe we can skip them."

"Which means?"

"That we can choose to not ask my father for permission, I can be the one asking you to marry me, we can use a ring that isn't part of the crown's jewels... Those things."

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now we are doing something smaller but still very important."

"Ok..."

"Do you always give me your right hand when we are holding them?" he asks, looking down.

"I think I do, yes. Why?"

"Because that's important for your present."

"Now I am completely lost" I laugh.

"You'll understand it soon" he says, lifting our hands and kissing mine.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Ma'am. Mr. Rice" David says, opening the door of a small jewelry shop. There are no other customers inside, just us and the shop assistant.

"Welcome, your Royal Highness" she says with a little curtsey. "Please follow me."

"Where are we going?" I whisper.

"To the back of the shop. We'll have the privacy we need there."

"Everything is ready" the shop assistant says, nodding towards a table. "Call me when you have decided and are ready."

"Thank you" Declan smiles as she leaves and closes the door behind her.

"Are you going to tell me now what the hell is this?" I ask with a nervous laugh.

"Have you ever heard about forever bracelets?"

"Like those you get in the summer?"

"No, not like those" Declan chuckles. "These are made of gold or silver, and attached in a way that doesn't allow you to take them off. You are meant to wear them forever, and many people get them with their partners as a sign of commitment. As a sign of their love, that will last forever."

"That's... Beautiful, Declan."

"I'm glad you think that. Because Eleanor, I... I want to gift you one of these bracelets because I... Because..."

"Because?" I ask, giving his hand an encouraging squeeze. We haven't stopped holding them since we left the car.

"I want to get you one of these bracelets because I want to be with you, Eleanor. Forever."

"I also want to be with you, Declan. Forever."

"Then... Will you be my girlfriend?" he says, finally looking up from the floor and meeting my eyes.

"Yes. I will be your girlfriend."

"Great! That's... Amazing. Like... Wow" he laughs. "I was so nervous."

"I can tell" I smile.

"Eleanor..." he says, cupping my face with his free hand, his thumb caressing my cheek. "Eleanor, I love you."

"And I love you too, Declan" I say before closing the little space that was between us and kissing him.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I love it" I say while I move my arm, the thin silver bracelet catching the light and making reflections inside the car.

"Best present ever?"

"One of them, yes" I say, kissing Declan's cheek. "I just wish you were able to wear one too."

"So do I. But West Ham has a no jewelry rule" he shrugs.

"Shame. Now I hope my present is as good."

"I'm sure it will be. Can I get a clue?"

"Nope. You'll have to wait until dinner to see it."

"Rude" he laughs. "I still love you, tho."

"I love you too" I smile.

"By the way, you better be ready to hear me say that I love you all day every day. I'm gonna be super annoying and cheesy."

"I think I'll survive" I laugh, my eyes fixed on him, on his profile. How can he be this handsome?

"You are staring."

"I know. You look so beautiful on this light, Dec. Like, you always look beautiful, but right now, your profile is just... Wait."

"What?"

"Just focus on the road, don't mind me."

"Eleanor..."

"Drive, Declan" I say, taking a photo of him and managing to do it when he smirks. "Perfect."

"Did you just take a photo of me?" he chuckles.

"I did. The first of many tonight."

"Is that part of my present? Taking photos?"

"It's gonna be an extra" I say, praying that everything goes well, and Roberta's idea doesn't backfire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 3.5K 32
A nemi story... Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato... what happens when these two friends work together on the neon lights tour?
81.6K 1.6K 32
Christina lives in London where she works as a sports journalist, trying to build her career despite all the adversities. Rúben plays for Manchester...
876K 19.9K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
10.2K 174 14
The one where Joe falls for a certain bartender