Hurt | Remus Lupin

By soft_multi_fandom

Sara Finnigan, the older sister of Seamus, is in her seventh and final year at Hogwarts. As she and her two b... More

~1~ A New Professor
~2~ Care of Magical Creatures
~3~ Sara's Boggart
~4~ Tea with Lupin
~5~ Hogsmeade
~6~ Sleepover in the Great Hall
~7~ The First Quidditch Match
~8~ Crippled Finnigan
~9~ Necklace from a Secret Admirer
~10~ Gryffindor's Win
~11~ The Quidditch Cup
~12~ Sara and Remus
~13~ Sara's Discovery
~14~ The Werewolf
~15~ Remus Departs
~16~ The Burrow
~17~ Table Crashers
~18~ Quidditch Campsite
~19~ IRELAND WINS
~20~ Death Eater Attack
~21~ Auror Training
~22~ The First Task
~23~ Date with Charlie
~24~ Yule Ball
~25~ The Second Task
~26~ Sara the Matchmaker
~27~ Cedric's Death
~28~ Aftermath
~29~ The Fight
~30~ Angry Reunion
~31~ Lies
~32~ Shitty Spy
~33~ Advance Gaurd
~34~ Harry's Arrival
~35~ Questions
~36~ Clean up
~37~ The Hearing
~38~ Prefect Party
~39~ The Apology
~40~ Kings Cross
~41~ What are we?
~42~ Run in with Percy
~43~ Birthday Party
~44~ Dumledore's Army
~45~ A Night to Remember
~46~ Snake Attack
~47~ Christmas at St. Mungo's
~48~ Cured!
~49~ Valentine's Day
~50~ Dumbledore's Departure
~51~ Harry in the fireplace
~52~ Fred and George's Escape from Hogwarts
~53~ Hagrid and McGonagall's Attack
~54~ Battle At The Minsitry
~55~ After the Battle
~56~ The Dusley's
~57~ The Finnigan's
~58~ Family Dinner
~59~ The Twins shop
~60~ Moving In
~61~ Anger
~62~ Full Moon
~63~ Harry's Suspicions
~64~ Christmas Eve
~65~ Percy's Big Fat Stupid Face
~67~ Ron's Birthday Surprise
~68~ Return
~69~ Dumbledore's Death
~70~ Shouting Match In The Hall
~71~ Proposal
~72~ Sara and Remus' Wedding Day
~73~ Rescuing Harry
~74~ Battle of the Harry's
~75~ Unexpected Death
~76~ Bill and Fleur's Chaotic Wedding
~77~ The Year

~66~ New Years

474 14 3
By soft_multi_fandom

New Years was nearing up close, and Mrs. Weasley decided to throw a little party. She was very sensitive ever since Percy came over, but I could tell that she was trying not to think about him. She made me help her with the planning.

"I'll have to make a lot of food." she said anxiously. "And decorations.... maybe Fred and George could provide with a few fireworks, that would be nice wouldn't it?"

"Yeah Mrs. Weasley. But, it doesn't have to anything lavish. I'm sure people will be enjoying the company of friends even if there's not much decorations or things like that."

She shook her head. "We are all in stressful times. I want to do something nice for everybody."

There was no talking Mrs. Weasley out of it, so that's how I found myself in the Muggle Village with Fred and George buying decorations. 

"I don't know how to use Muggle Money." Fred whispered. 

"I do, it's fine." I said. 

Growing up with a Muggle dad, I was an expert. We bought the decorations, and heaved our bags through the snow, back to the Burrow.

"Hey, whatever happened to that Muggle girl you were talking to George?" I asked him.

George shrugged half-heartedly. "She likes girls. Turns out she was hoping I could teach her my 'tricks' so that she can show off to this other Muggle girl she fancies."

I laughed loudly. "Ah, poor ickle Georige."

Fred was laughing too. "It was hilarious when she mentioned that she fancied a girl. George really thought he had her in the bag."

"Don't put it like that Fred." George looked a bit annoyed.

I pat his arm with my free hand, as we walked along the pathway to the Burrow. "Ah George, don't be like that. You'll find your person soon, love."

"I suppose so. At least you'll  have your New Years kiss." he grumbled. 

I grinned. "Hah, yes that I do."

When we entered the Burrow, Mrs. Weasley was rushing around making food.

"Mum, we still have a couple days left, you don't have to rush it." said Fred, placing his bag on the table.

"I know, but I want to make sure we all have enough food. I can't make it all the day before now can I?" she snapped. 

We didn't argue again. The twins and I started decorating around the living room, along with Ginny's help. Remus strolled in at one point, sitting down to watch as I directed everyone with decorations.

"No, Fred don't put the ribbons there, there's already so much there." I said.

"Why can't we just do it ourselves?" asked Ginny, getting a little irritated at all of my instructions. 

"Because Ginny, as much as I love you, your Christmas decorations looked like a snowman threw up all over the living room." I said.

Ginny started swearing at me under her breath while the twins laughed, and Remus smiled lightly. 

"Now, would you come on to fuck?" I said in my light Irish accent, forgetting that no one else would understand what I actually meant. 

Remus' eyes widened while Ginny and the twins stared at me. 

"What?" I asked. "Why are ye all looking at me like that?"

"What did you just say?" asked Ginny with a laugh.

"You just asked us all to fuck you." Fred laughed.

"I wouldn't mind that-" George started, before I slapped the back of his head. 

"Oh fuck, it's an expression. Sorry. It basically means to 'hurry up'. I swear." I flushed with embarrassment. 

"Damn, I thought you were asking if you wanted a..." Fred paused, counting everyone in the living room. "A fivesom."

I flushed an even bigger red. "Oh bugger off Fred. You're bleedin annoying."

"Okay, I know what that one means. That's mean Sara."

I shrugged. Once we finished with the decorations, Mrs. Weasley found an old photo back when all the Weasley's were in Egypt, and she starting crying when she saw Percy is the photo. That was our moment to retreat back to our rooms. 

On New Years Eve, Mrs. Weasley insisted that Tonks and Ollie spend the night, so that meant that Remus and Ollie would be sharing a room while Tonks and I crashed with Ginny and Fleur. Before bed though, I was sitting outside getting some fresh air, when Remus came and sat next to me on the porch.

"All right darling?" he asked, snaking his arm around my waist.

"Mmmm, just needed some fresh air. There's too many people in the house." I shrugged, putting my head on Remus shoulder.

"Sara."

"Yes?"

"I have to tell you something." he said softly. 

He sounded almost nervous, and that made me nervous. 

"What is it?" I asked him.

I pulled away and looked at his dace. His eyebrows were furrowed together and his eyes held guilt in them. My heart started racing.

"I'm going to have to go underground for a while." he whispered.

I blinked, feeling confused. "What? Underground? What the hell does that even mean?"

He sighed. "Dumbledore needs a spy. For the werewolves. Almost all of them are on Voldemort's side. I am going to try to recruit as many as I possibly can."

"Fuck Dumbledore." I blurted out. "He can bugger off."

"Sara..."

"No! That's dangerous! What if....what if they kill you? What if they find out you're a spy and they hurt you?" tears brimmed my eyes.

"That won't happen." he said softly, pressing his forehead to mine. "I promise you that."

"For how long?"

"A few months at least." he sighed. "I won't be able to write to you. It will be too risky."

"So I won't see you or talk to you for months?" my voice cracked. 

"I'm sorry Sara." he kissed my forehead. 

"Do you have to?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm a werewolf. I'm ready made." he said bitterly.

"Dumbledore is using you to his advantage." I said softly.

"I- no- I don't know." Remus looked at a loss for words.

"I don't want you to go. I'm scared for you." I whispered. 

"I know you are. But you don't have to be. Don't worry. I'll be perfectly all right. And I promise, the few months will fly by fast." he smiled slightly. "You can go back to live with your mother while I'm away. That way you won't have to live at our place by yourself."

"I suppose." I said sadly. "I hate Dumbledore right now."

Remus said nothing. He just pulled me in tighter. 

The day of New Year arrived, and I tried not to think about Remus mission. Throughout the day, we just spent as much as together as we could. We mostly hung around with Ollie, Tonks, Bill and Fleur, playing exploding snap in the living room, helping Mrs. Weasley with party preparations, and going down to the village just to have a walk around. It was nice, spending the day with a few of my favorite people, just enjoying ourselves and having fun. Remus shook the snow out of my hair when we got back to the Burrow. 

Soon, people started arriving to the party. First came Mad-Eye, stumping in, holding a bottle of firewhiskey in his hand. Then came Kingsley, and McGonagall. I was pleased that Dumbledore decided not to show up, because I did not want to see his face at the moment. I was also pleased to hear that Mrs. Weasley didn't invite Mundungus. I haven't seen him since he won our little duel, and if I saw him again, I would probably strangle him until his face turned blue. 

The party started off softly, with music playing from a record player, and a few people jumped around in the living room. We all started clapping when Mrs. Weasley and Mr. Weasley started dancing together too. I smiled at them and how adorable they were. Remus and I were sitting close together on a couch, basically taking up only one spot since I was practically on his lap, so Harry sat next to us.

"I've never seen you two so....." Harry started, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I'm going away for a few months." Remus said sadly. 

Harry's eyes widened. "Where to? Without Sara?"

"No, I can't go." I said bitterly.

"I'm going underground. Literally." Remus sighed. "Spying on the werewolf's. Most of them are on Voldemort's side."

"Oh." Harry seemed to not really know what to say.

"It'll be alright." I said, trying to lighten the mood. "The few months will pass by quickly..... I hope."

"It will." Remus said firmly.

"Can't you write to each other during this time?" asked Harry.

"It's too risky. The others might figure out I'm an outsider. It will already be very difficult to gain their trust, considering I'll have the stench of being amongst humans for so long." Remus said. 

"It'll be alright." I said again. 

No one said anything. 

"You'll be able to focus more on your training again anyway." Remus said, poking my nose.

"Erugh, you two are so cute but I want to throw up."

We all looked over to see Tonks, who's legs and hands were intertwined with Ollie's.

"Hypocrite. I can't even tell who's hands are whose." I said, with a light tone to my voice. 

Tonks and Ollie just grinned at me. 

"Ah come on Sara, I only tease." Tonks wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Shush." I laughed, before I checked my watch. "Oh would you look at that, it's nearly twelve!"

"Ohhh why don't we go outside?" Mrs. Weasley cried. "Fred and George will light up their fireworks!"

We all went out into the garden, feeling the cool air on our faces. People were still talking and laughing, while Fred and George pulled out their fireworks, setting them out along the grass. 

Remus and I sat down on the grass and I leaned against him. 

"I'm going to miss you." I said.

"Me too Sara."

"Sorry I keep bringing it up." I said sheepishly. "I'm trying not to think about it."

"I know. Me too." he sighed. "But it always comes back to my mind as well. I don't know how I'll be able to go months  without seeing you, or even talking to you."

"I'm not used to that." I said. I suddenly realized that we were together every single day for a year and a half. And then suddenly, we will go months without a single word to each other. Tears spilled from my eyes and Remus sighed. "Ah, no darling please don't cry." he whispered, using his thumbs to wipe my tears from my cheeks. 

"Sorry." I whispered. 

"Don't be sorry love." he said with a smile. Tears were threatening to spill from his own eyes as he gazed at me. "It will be hard but we will make it work."

"How? Without even seeing each other?" I asked. 

"We just have to trust each other and be patient. That's what we signed up for when we joined the Order." he said.

I sighed. He was right. We signed up for the Order knowing we would get missions and assignments, even if we did not like them. In this moment however, I detested Dumbledore and his stupid missions, and I detested the Order. 

"It's okay." Remus said. 

"IT'S NEARLY TWELVE EVERYBODY!" Mrs. Weasley yelled suddenly.

Fred and George ran to the fireworks, lightning them up.

"TEN SECONDS LEFT!"

We all started counting down together. 

"TEN....NINE....EIGHT....SEVEN....SIX...FIVE...FOUR...THREE...TWO...ONE...HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

The fireworks went off in the sky and Remus and I grinned at each other, pressing our lips together. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 8K 28
Delaney Black. The daughter of non other than Sirius Black. This year she goes to Hogwarts and discovers things about her father, herself and her fam...
748 75 27
Sirius Black and Remus Lupin have now been joined with Lucius Malfoy and Gellert Grindelwald. Olive Collins is a Hogwarts teacher who gets whisked in...
1.6K 35 12
Amelia Potter is the exact copy of her mother,except her hair, she has her fathers hair. During her life at Hogwarts she finds herself some friends b...
10.2K 347 25
Amaya and Sirius had always been close, until they started Hogwarts. They were sorted into separate houses and they sorta developed feelings for each...