ส™ส€แดแด‹แด‡ษด แด˜ส€แดแดษช๊œฑแด‡๊œฑ (แด€.แด„)

By aStoryWriter1

One was born to destroy, one was born to build. Melanie Mavros doesn't know how it came this far. Being throw... More

แด€แด„แด› แดษดแด‡:
ส™สŸแด€แด„แด‹
แดษดแด‡: ษช สœแด€แด แด‡ แด€ ษดแดส€แดแด€สŸ แด…แด€ษชสŸส แดแดœแด›ส™แดœส€๊œฑแด›
แด›แดกแด: แด˜แด‡ส€แด„ส แด€ษดแด… ษช แด€ส€แด‡ แด…แด‡แด„สŸแด€ส€แด‡แด… แด„ส€แด€แดขส
แด›สœส€แด‡แด‡: ษช ๊œฐแด‡แด‡สŸ แด€ษดษขแด‡ส€
Four: A promise to keep
Five: A god loves me (I think)
Six: Percy blows a toilet up
Seven: I finally get some food
Eight: I still have no dad
Nine: Percy freaks out
Ten: A talk much needed
Eleven: I almost turned into a pretty statue
Twelve: Annabeth is trying to be a therapist
Thirteen : Didn't I already tell you I hate water?
Fourteen: Killing Percy
Fifteen: Another god randomly talk to us
Sixteen A: Help! I'm in a horror movie
Sixteen B: my identity and archery lessons
Seventeen: I get taller... Yay!
Eighteen: Annabeth can apparently have a dog later in her life
Nineteen: Who betrayed who?
Twenty: Percy fights war
Twenty-one: Wow, that's the king of the gods?
Twenty-three: Saved and back where it all started
Twenty-four: 'Mother and daughter talk' it's called
Twenty-five: the beginning
แด€แด„แด› แด›แดกแด:
แดส€แด€ษดษขแด‡
One: in between my deadly summers
Two: try harder
Three: fading
Four: Christmas
Five: different perspective
Six: the prisoner that deserves death
Seven: before the deadly race
Eight: good luck, may the best charioteer win
Nine: a quest (i'm not invited *sad face*)
Ten: yay, whoop whoop, let's go, slay!
Eleven: he's just annoying
Twelve A: Percy lets out a huge fart
Twelve B: My boyfriend saves us

Twenty-two: Snakes

362 27 0
By aStoryWriter1

Just when I thought it was over

Melanie did not really like burning her shrouds. Lee Fletcher had healed her broken wrist the second she had entered camp. He had scolded her for not coming right away. They were the first heroes to return alive since Luke, so they were treated like celebrities.

According to camp tradition, they wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in their honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where they got to burn the burial shrouds our cabins had made for them in their absence.

Annabeth's shroud was so beautiful—gray silk with embroidered owls—Percy had told Annabeth that it seemed a shame not to bury her in it. Annabeth had punched him and told him to shut up. Melanie just laughed it off.

Percy had no other cabin mates. So, the Ares cabin made the worst creative project she had ever seen. They had grabbed an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle.

The Hermes and Apollo cabin had teamed up to make Melanie her shroud. It was green with black. Blue and golden swords and arrows were painted on it. Tim had said to her that Ava and him came up with the idea, after she had returned without an arrow or sword hitting her. Sure, the color scheme wasn't really it. But the though behind it was nice.

Grover had gotten a new searcher's license from the Council of Cloven. Ava had told Melanie that her sister would really love to meet her. She quotes; 'I need to see someone that bad at archery.' Ava was not staying the school year. She was attending the same school Melanie was going to.

She saw Matthew trying to calm down Clarisse, who had just been talking to Percy. He waved at her with a smile on his face. His platinum blond hair shining in the sun.

She found Tim and Justin at the Hermes table and sat down in between them. Wating for Dionysus's welcome speech.

"So, you guys missed me?" She asked. Tim raised his eyebrows. "I didn't even notice you were gone." He said sarcastically, his eyes were watching Luke who was talking to Silena. "Tim, means you aced the quest so fast that he couldn't even finish his movie marathon before you returned." Justin slapped Tim his arm, who nodded. "Yeah, that."

"You're both so weird."

"we're not." Tim protested, a small smile formed on his face. Annabeth walked passed them to the Athena table. She have small smile to the three friends. "Hey, want to go get an ice cream with me and Luke tomorrow?" Tim asked the blonde.

Justin raised his head. "Oh, can I come too?"

"Yeah, I want to go too." Melanie added.

Tim pursed his lips. Annabeth shook her head. "No, sorry. I can't." Melanie was sure that the girl had nothing to do. Tim looked deflated. "Yeah, sure another time." His dark blue eyes seemed sad.

"We can still go." Justin offered. Tim nodded. "Yeah, Luke already said no anyway, but maybe she would agree if he wanted to go too." Melanie wondered what kind of relationship the three of them had.

Dionysus cleared his throat. "Yes, yes, so the little brat didn't get himself killed and now he'll have an even bigger head. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday...." Melanie zoned out Dionysus his voice. Her eyes locked with Percy, who nodded.

Not much later, they found themselves on the beach. Sitting side by side. "I didn't betray you, Percy." Melanie mumbled. "I don't know what you are hiding about the prophecy, but it's not me."

He sighed. "I know, I was just so overwhelmed. The thought just came up." He looked down at his hands, playing with the sand. "I get it." She leaned back against the three. "So what did you talk about with your father?" She asked, looking at him making a sandcastle.

"He said he was sorry that I was born with such a burden. I told him I was proud of who I am. He said I was a true son of the Sea. And he was basically telling me some good stuff about my mom, but I already knew that she was amazing." Melanie smiled at his words. "But that doesn't matter. What does Annabeth know but you have refused to tell me?" He stopped building his sandcastle and looked serious.

Melanie gulped and twirled some grass in her hands. "It's really nothing."

"You had a mental breakdown on the beach...." Percy said carefully. Yeah, she did.

Melanie looked at the gentle waves rolling on the sand. "You know it's pretty messed up, that I've never actually drowned but now I kind wished I did actually almost drown, and I don't know why."

It was silence for a moment. The waves of the sea was the only thing that could be heard. "Maybe you just want think that your mother almost drowned you because you just can't your father doing something that twisted?"

Melanie thought about it for a moment. Maybe she was grown used over the years to the feeling of hating her mother that she felt like someone couldn't be worse than her. Her father had said that her mother had done something horrible. But what could be that horrible that he was also dragging their daughter in it?

"Yeah, I guess it's in the genes. He showed me the field of punishment like he was proud of it. I should have been shivering, crying and screaming. But looking back on it I have to admit it wasn't that scary. Maybe the people who are on that field maybe really deserved it. Does that make me a bad person?"

Percy shook his head and with his hand he titled her chin to him. "No, you can't say tat Melanie. Who your parents are, that doesn't matter. Your parentage doesn't define you." His green eyes looked at her eyes. So different but still the same. His eyes had a calming look, comfort and gentle. Her eyes were pure acid, poison and anger.

"You're strong. You've been living with him in your head for a while now. And I know he has been pushing you even harder for the last six years. But you can't let him get to you, he doesn't deserve you." Melanie nodded, he let go of her chin and held her hand.

A comforting touch. But, Melanie had a uneasy feeling in her stomach. Why was she this way? Maybe she understood deep down how her mother had been, maybe she got the way she acted around her. She was scared, of Melanie. Maybe her mother was hoping deep down she wasn't like the monster her father had promised her to be.

The question had been asked, the answer remains. Who will she disappoint?

"You know can talk to me whenever you need to, right?" Percy asked. Melanie nodded. "I know. The same goes for you." They sat in a comfortable silence, watching birds fly over them.

She felt lighter and more at easy when she told Percy how her father had been crawling his way inside her head, she had told him about her experience at the Fields of Punishments, and the hallway. She felt like she finally had someone to talk too that wouldn't call her crazy.

~~

The next day, she stood on Half-blood Hill, with Tim and Justin at her side. "Why are you all coming along, again?" Tim muttered, watching as two figures came walking up the hill. "Because it's just pathetic If you are going to get ice cream alone, when you can buy us ice cream instead." Justin said with a smile on his face. "Yeah, why not threat us to a nice ice cream, instead of sulking because both Luke and Annabeth ditched you." Melanie said, her eyes narrowing at the two figures coming their way. "Who did you actually ask, Justin?" She spotted a dark skinned boy with platinum blond hair, Matthew. Why?

"Matthew and Ava, of course. I owe them an ice cream because of the last 'Shoot straight or be lame', game." He laid his hand on Tim his shoulder. "It's a perfect opportunity to pay for my loss."

Tim scowled. "Great, I'm going broke."

"It's not like you were going to pay for the ice creams." Melanie noted with a smirk on her face. The son of Hermes raised his eyebrows. "I actually pay for ice cream. It's one of the few things that I actually want to pay for."

Melanie rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

Justin greeted Ava and Matthew with a smile. "Finally, even a snail was faster than you two walking." Ava sighed. "Whatever, Clarisse was bothering me with alliance strategies for Capture the flag. She said she couldn't find Lee, so I had to pass on a message. Let's say it took a while to get rid of her." Her black hair was tied of in a high ponytail with a golden tie. Her doe eyes looked at Justin. "So, you got cash?"

"Oh, I know what's going on here." Matthew grinned. He wiggled with his eyebrows. "A double date!" Melanie was confused, but Ava smiled. "What am I? A fifth wheel?" She teasingly said.

"No, you're date just cancelled. Bet, he wasn't into archery."

"Shut up, let's just get this over with." Tim grumbled, turning around and walking down the hill. Melanie hid her smile as she spotted a faint blush on the blonde boy. Matthew ginned. "Of course, wouldn't want to waste such a precious time with my date." He held his hand out of Melanie. She looked at it.

"What?"

"Take my hand, you're my date."

"I'm not your date."

Ava gripped Matthew his hand. "Well, I will do the honours, Adams." He watched Melanie for a moment but a smile formed on his face. "Oh, you're in for a good time."

Melanie next to Tim and Justin. Behind her she could hear Ava say; "You better not leave me with a monster today."

"Oh, come on. He looked fine. How could I know his teeth were real fangs? You had been begging me for searching a date for you." Matthew loudly exclaimed.

"Yeah, a human date."

The pair continued to make comments to each other.

"So, how long have those two been at camp?" She asked. Referring to the bickering pair behind them. "Oh, Ava joined us when she was twelve, so last year. Minji really wanted to come too, but their mother wants her to wait till she is thirteen. She claimed that Ava her grades had slipped during her stay at the camp. So this year Ava won't be a year-rounder." Justin explained.

"Yeah, she is going to the same boarding school as me." Melanie mumbled. Tim laughed. "Yeah, the school is pretty famous for troubled kids. And she won't be the only one joining you. I believe Matthew is coming too, it's will be his first time not being a year-rounder. Clarisse still hasn't forgiven him. And me and Justin are joining too."

Melanie her eyes widened. "You're telling me that half of the camp is coming?!"

"Nah, there are like two schools on the main campus, one for boys one for girls. You will probably barely see us." Justin gave her a reassuring smile. "yeah, but why is everyone leaving camp this year?" Melanie didn't understand it.

Tim looked over his shoulder, a dark gaze shifted in his eyes. "Everyone feels it, things are changing. I guess some want to stay away from the danger, or try to live normally."

"which are you two doing?" Melanie asked.

Tim titled his head, a distant look on his face. "I guess, I'm trying to stay away from the danger. Besides it's time for me to be someone different that Luke's little brother."

Justin sighed. "I actually want to go to college, so this is the only option for me."

Melanie watched Matthew trip over a tree root. "What about him?" She motioned her hand to the boy on the ground who was laughing while being dragged by Ava. "Matthew? He's been here a while, protecting the camp. An excellent warrior. Best friends with Clarisse, Sia, Chris and Silena. Don't tell Clarisse and Sia we said that, though." Melanie chuckled at Justin's words. She found the two Ares siblings very intimidating. "He is moving away this year, his mother got a new job at the boarding school. Matthew made the choice to leave camp this year to spent some time with his mother."

"Yeah, I believe he also got a little step-brother." Tim added.

Not much later they were standing inside the ice cream shop. "Alright, that will be 15 dollars, sir." The worker said to Tim. He smiled and handed her a twenty dollar bill. After he got the change, the five friends went outside.

"What flavours do you have?" Ava asked over her shoulder. Melanie looked up. "Oh, Vanille and Yoghurt." The Asian girl raised her eyebrows. "Interesting." While licking her pistachio and coconut flavours. She titled the cone towards Melanie. "Want to taste."

Melanie wrinkled her nose. "Yeah, no thanks. I might throw up."

"Melanie's right, your taste is horrible." Matthew popped up next to Melanie. Ava looked him up and down. "Yeah, I see it now. My date looks indeed horrible." The black-haired girl laughed. Matthew just deflated. "It's the haircut, isn't it?" He motioned towards his platinum blond dyed buzzcut. "The Stolls, really got me this time."

Melanie had found out that Matthew got pranked by the Hermes kids. He had never whished to dye his hair, but one day he woke up to his hair dyed. Till this day it was still a mystery how the Stolls got inside the Ares cabin and why the dye was still inside Matthew his hair.

Apparently it was some new experimental hair dye that the Hermes kids made for the Aphrodite cabin, but Matthew unwillingly became the test subject. The five demigods finished their ice cream and started walking back to the camp.

"What's that noise." Tim asked. Melanie stopped walking like the others to listen. A faint sissing sound could be heard. Ava shuddered. "I know that sound." Matthew got his switchblade out of his pocket.

Ava felt on her back for her bow and arrow. "Fuck, I don't have my bow with me."

"Of course you don't, we just went to get a fucking ice cream." Tim hissed at her. He got a small bronze stick out of the pocket of his jacket and pressed on the button. A bronze spear with bronze snakes circling it appeared. The snakes froze at the end and formed the point of the spear.

He angled it towards the hissing sound.

Melanie grabbed for her belt, but she didn't have her sword with her. "I don't have a weapon." She looked at Ava who was weapon less a few seconds ago, but now the hands of the Apollo's daughter had brass knuckles on them. Melanie noticed that the rungs she used to wear, had disappeared.

"Stay in the middle." Matthew mumbled, gently guiding her away from the hissing sound that came closer.

Justin stepped forward and flicked a bronze stick forwards. A glowing sword slid out of the casing with hot sparks, everyone stepped back at the heat of it. He made a circle with the tip of his sword, burning the grass and walked around the five friends. He seemed focused. Of course, the whole forest shouldn't be burned down.

Three half snakes and half humans appeared through the trees, hissing and sliding down the branches.. Ava shivered and stepped back. Of course, Apollo's children were afraid of snakes. Like Athena's children were afraid of spiders.

"Scythian Dracanaes." Matthew mumbled, snapping his butterfly knife in two, making two bronze axes appear out of them. Melanie felt hopeless, she had no weapon.

"Are the five demigodsssss losssst?" The bigger one with black sculps hissed. "Uhh, no?" Justin said, raising his sword. Sparks flew from it. "Let'sssss bring them to Queen Sess." The one on the left said. The black scaled snake hissed in anger. "No, I want to devour them."

The one on the right looked between the five friends. "But, he sssaid they could be useful." Melanie looked at Ava who was frozen and horrified. She placed her hand on the girl her shoulder and squeezed it. Ava snapped out of her trance and looked with teary eyes at Melanie.

Matthew looked at Tim and there seemed to be a conversation going on between their eyes. Tim nodded. "I don't care. I'm hungry." The black scaled snake advanced.

"Back!" Matthew yelled, and pushed the two girls behind him. Justin raised his arms and the ring of fire rose. Sweat started to form on his head as the temperature started to rise. Melanie had never felt so hot before. His Brown hair was stuck to his face, his gaze was locked on the ring of fire full concentration.

The snakes hissed and stepped back. "How long will you be able to protect your friendssss, demigod." The one on the right hissed, her greenish scales glinting form the reflection of the fire. Melanie looked around. How could they get out of here. Tim stumbled, and Justin his fire faltered for a moment.

"Focus." Matthew yelled at Justin as he caught Tim his fall. The blonde his eyes rolled in the back of his head. His body started to shake. Justin gritted his teeth as he let the fire rise again. Melanie sat down next to Tim his body and turned to Matthew. "You just help Justin."

Ava was pressed against the tree, breathing heavily. Tim his mouth fell open as hissing sounds came out of him. The three snake ladies their heads snapped to the boy. "What'sss he doing?" The left one said. "He can't be." The black scaled lady said. "But he issss."  The one with green scales hissed.

"Kill them." The middle snake screeched. Justin his ring of fire faltered as the lady's advanced. He stumbled, exhausted. "Ava!" Melanie yelled over her shoulder to the horrified girl. "You got to snap out of it, okay?"

Matthew pushed Justin back, and blocked the tail of the brown scaled snake with his two axes, he ducked and rolled away from the black scaled lady.

"You got stay with Tim, okay?" Ava nodded and with shaking legs said down the seizing boy. Melanie got the fallen boy his spear and twirled it in her hands. The green scaled snake was advancing on them.

Matthew was fighting the other two at the same time. Melanie could spot a platinum body moving past her from time to time. Justin was catching his breath but was starting to raise his sword again.

Melanie her eyes widened as the tail came to her with incredible speed. She leaned back, the tail narrowly missing her. She rolled to the side and swung the spear from left to the right. The snake lady laughed as she blocked it with her tail. Melanie her arm flung back at the force of it.

She could feel pain in her left shoulder but quickly stood up. She blocked the next killing attempt by blocking it with the hilt of the spear. Her arms were already getting tired by the amount of strength the tail seemed to have.

Her brain was moving quickly. Her tail was her strength, but her upper body was smaller and slower. It was her weak point. Melanie lashed out, trying to fake attack. But the lady didn't fall for it and instead whipped Melanie of her feet with her tail.

She felt the air leave her lung. The tail came down with so much speed, but Melanie rolled and felt the impact of the tail hitting the ground. The snake yelled in frustration as Melanie kept jumping and running around the lady. She saw the eyes of the snake getting disoriented, her nose was working overtime. Trying to smell where Melanie was running too.

The lady attacked. Melanie jumped over the tail and rolled closer to the snake. She brought the tip of her spear up, and felt it enter the soft flesh of the snake. Blood fell down on Melanie her face. The lady shrieked and her tail hit Melanie in her side.

The black-haired girl slammed against a tree, her vision blurred. The monster was vaporising. Nothing was left of the green snake lady. Melanie focused on the other two boys who were fighting the two bigger ones.

Justin his arm was bleeding, but Matthew seemed fine. He was moving slower then before but he hadn't been hit. Ava was slapping Tim his head, trying to bring the blonde back into the world. Somewhere to her left she heard hissing sounds.

She gritted her teeth in pain as she raised her spear towards the noise. A grunt could be heard to her right as she spotted Matthew his abdomen being impaled by the black scaled snake.

"No!" Melanie screamed. Ava looked up at the sight of Matthew slumped against the tree, The black scaled lady laughed. The apollo girl her brass knuckles appeared on her wrist again. She advanced towards the snake with a scream.

Melanie spotted more snakes coming from the trees left from her. Her eyes widened as she stepped closer to them. A dozen of them slithered towards Tim.  The one at the front their eyes were dark blue. The same colour as well... Tim.

Melanie her eyes widened in realisation. He was controlling them. She ran towards Matthew, while Tim's snakes went to Ava to help.

The son of Ares his eyes were half-closed as he clutched the big wound in his stomach. His breathing was ragged. "Matthew you got to stay awake, you hear me?" She rummaged in her jacket for some ambrosia. Would that help?

Figuring they had nothing to lose, she placed the small square at his cold lips. "Eat." She pressed it again. He slowly opened his mouth. "Chew." His face seemed to relieve a little as the food of the gods might have helped him a little. Melanie removed her own jacket and ripped the bottom of her own shirt with the help of Tim his spear.

Why wasn't she wearing that ugly camp half-blood t-shirt. Now, she had to ruin one of her favourites. She wrapped the cloth around the bleeding wound, attempting to slow down the blood gushing from it. She tightened the t-shirt with her jacket.

Her green eyes looked up. Matthew his eyes were closed. "Matthew?" She titled his chin to her. No response.

She turned around at a hissing scream as Justin defeated the brown scaled snake. But Justin fell on his knees. In order to come closer to the snake, he had used the tree to push himself at the snake. His sword had impaled her, but the tail of the lady had stabbed him in the back of his right thigh.

Justin grunted in pain as he tried to stand.

Melanie focused on Ava who was still fighting the black scaled lady. It had been five against three.

They needed help. Who would be coming to safe them? Tim  was still laying on the grass. Matthew was not responsive. Justin couldn't walk and Ava as the only one who was still fighting.

Melanie stood up next to the unmoving body of Matthew and raised Tim's spear. She aimed and aimed. Her eyes narrowing. She need to end it. She flung her arm back and screamed. "Duck!"

Ava her body flung to the ground as Melanie threw the bronze spear. The black scaled snake turned and was met by the tip of the object.

Her eyes widened, the woman looked down at the spear sticking inside her stomach. "You-." The monster vaporized, and Tim's spear fell on the ground.

How where they going to make it back alive?

~~

Where she can't have peace,

We're nearing the end. I swear.

Bye :)

Edited? 🔴

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3K 285 21
---๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™๐™š๐™˜๐™ฎ ๐™จ๐™ช๐™™๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™จ ๐™– ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ก๐™™๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ก, ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™–๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™จ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ฌ๐™จ ๐™š๐™ญ๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ...
3.6K 120 7
๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ. Luk...
3.8K 183 21
โ We were both young , when I first saw you โž WHEN Jason's gone missing, and in the process of looking for him, his protector floods a school, gets s...