Truth Behind Lies (Lauren/You)

By __GooDVibez__

You are a normal teenage girl when all the sudden Simon Cowell knocked on your door and took you to have anot... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
#LaurenIsOurPrincess
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
#DinahDefenseSquad
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
The End
Sequel
Thanks!
Truth Behind Lies

Chapter 30

6.5K 266 294
By __GooDVibez__

Lauren's POV

Still trending.... What a funny thing to do. Great job, Y/N you know exactly how to play. Well game on then! Gosh what am I even thinking? I know it was never intentional for Y/N to end up in the Cabello's household. Camila happened to live here in Miami as well, maybe-perhaps-maybe dammit Lauren make up your damn mind!

It's been 4 days since I let Y/N down, 4 days since I've talked to her. I've been ignoring her text messages every night and morning which actually consists of morning and evening greetings such as goodnights and good mornings. It's this kind of gesture, simple but passionate that always makes me realize how shitty of a person I was. Yes, I understand that what happened that night has most likely broke my relationship with Y/N, but all I'm trying to do is that I can't keep up with her lifestyle anymore, I can't live this way, to almost have her and let her slip away. I just want Y/N to realize as well that she doesn't need to push people away to get better.

Y/N is a very independent lady that she never really approach anyone for help.

While I'm sitting on my bed, my back resting against the headboard, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said and looked to see who it was.

"Hey." Luis said, I smiled at him, grateful that he's here by my side.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing, just came up here to check up on you." He said softly, approaching my bed. I gave him space to sit on and when he finally did I snuggled beside him.

"You know, it's going to be alright." He said.

I just nodded my head and closed my eyes but right when I did I received a phone call.

Not bothering to answer the phone I answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Lauren!" Camila greeted me with a very exciting time in her voice.

"Camila, hey, what's up?" I asked now sitting straight.

"Simon wants you over at my house or I to yours." she said.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know he said he wants to break something to us." Camila said.

"How about the other girls?" I asked. "Ally, Normani and Dinah?"

"Hey Lauser!" I hear Dinah in the background.

"Well, Normani and Ally?" I asked.

"They will be here in about 2 hours." She informed.

"Wait, they've been travelling to here?" I asked.

"Yup!"

"Am I the last person to know this?" I asked.

"Nope."

"Well?"

"I found out from Normani who was on the passenger seat to let you and Dinah know that they'll be coming here. I asked why and she said and I quote 'because Simon said so." Camila said.

"How about Dinah? Why is she there?"

"She loves me so much that she can't even last a two weeks of not seeing me." Camila said.

"You guys are weird."

"Alright, Lo, so are we gonna gather at your house or mine?" Camila asked.

"At yours." I replied.

"Oh ok see you in a bit then!" She said and hang up.

"Who was that?" Luis asked.

"Camila." I answered.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I gotta go see them in 2 or 3 hours." I answered and thought of it. "You wanna come with?"

"Sure! It's about time I properly meet your other sisters!" Luis replied happily. I smiled at him and went back to snuggling making sure to alarm my phone to remind me.

*End Of POV*

In the mean while at the Allegiance household you all are just jamming to songs and trying to hook up Brad to Hasley so far it's going great.

Your POV

"Do you think it'll work?" Miley asked since she's sorted beside me under an umbrella near the pool while the others are swimming, barbecuing or just video taping.

"What will?" You asked still leaning on a beach chair.

"Halsey and Brad." Miley said and sipped on her mango milkshake.

"I don't know to be honest, I mean, Halsey has been a sweetie ever since she came here. We don't even know if she likes Brad." I said.

"Not really a big fan of Brad are you?" Miley asked.

"We're cool, Brad and I that is. But yeah I may not be but c'mon have you been observing the two? Brad keeps on flirting while Halsey pretends to play oblivious." I said.

"So how do you know Halsey is just pretending?" Miley challenged.

"Ever since the day started, Brad was a gentleman, pulls out the chair for Halsey before breakfast but Halsey decided to beat him to it and sat beside Andres instead. Then, during breakfast when Brad and Halsey are talking she don't even laugh at supposedly funny thing Brad said but just smile and nod. So, clearly Halsey don't even get the joke. Now look where is Halsey? Sitting beside Cara." I explained. I looked over at Halsey and Miley did as well kidding her head she leaned her backs against the back rest of the chair.

To be honest I'm just feeling that something is not right about today.
I can hear Miley's little snores and find Cara talking on the phone, maybe with Kendall. Them Shay is not here because pretty little liars. Then Andres is talking to Zac. I then looked over to see that Halsey is walking inside and Brad following, but it's a bit odd because Brad is not too close to her but not too far as well and it looks like Halsey don't even know that she is being followed.

*End Of POV*

Then You followed what your guts told me and follow them inside. Then when you walk in the house and walk up the stairs You can hear muffled cries.

You ran towards Halsey's room and found it locked.

"Brad, no please." Halsey cried.

"Shut up! I know you so want this but you're just playing hard to get!" Brad hissed.

"No-" Halsey's voice was muffled and you can't help but to kick the door open.

"Brad!" You hissed dangerously to see that Brad pinned Halsey's hand on top of her head on the wall.

"Y/N you-" he said but you pried him off Halsey and you looked at Halsey and put the cover on her and when you made sure she feels covered, you looked at Brad to see his face pale.

"What the fuck!?" You screamed.

"Y/N I-" Brad said but you cut him off with a punch.

"Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!?" You screamed at him and punched him again by now he's lying on the floor because of your powerful blows.

"You STUPID PIECE OF CRAP!" You said again and before you can punch him again someone pried you off him.

Brad is currently standing and you got away from Zac's hold. You pushed Brad hard that he lost his balance and fell on his butt.

"Y/N, I'm sorry!" Brad said.

"You don't say sorry to me!" You hissed. "Brad! I never thought you would ever do that! I would never bet on anyone that you would do that! We all know I'm not a big fan of you but I respect you and I love you as my brother but I don't have a brother who disrespects a lady!" You shouted clutching your hand in a ball of fist. You can feel your face getting warm.

"Brad, get out of this house and cancel your tour with us. I don't want to see your face for a month nor do I want you near Halsey. If you are planning to talk to her you come to me first, understood?" You asked. Brad nodded shamelessly.

He walked near Halsey but not too close. He kneeled down and bowed his head. "I'm sorry, I know you might not see me as the person you used to look at me and I deserve that. I know you can't forget and forgive of what I just did to you, But know that I'm deeply sorry." Brad said and ran to his room. He packed his bag with a bleeding nose and bruised face. Then you waited at the end of the staircase to see him fully clothed and ready to go.

"Clean your face first before leaving. We don't want the paparazzi twisting this around, the ice and the towel is ready for you in the kitchen. There's a concealer there as well. When you're done you can go." you said sternly looking at him dead in the eyes.

"I'm sorry again, please, never let me near her again." Brad said. By that comment you followed him in the kitchen.

"What are you trying to say?" You asked.

"I-I don't know. I'm just I feel like a danger to her now. I just- I have a feeling that if I might see her again in a party or anything that can trigger me doing that again to her. I don't want to." Brad said.

"Brad, you know your limits and please don't do it to any girls out there! Brad! Cmon!" You said.

"I know, I'm sorry." He said and you sighed and left and went towards Halsey's room.

You walked in to see the gang comforting Halsey. Then when they heard you walk in Halsey immediately jumped towards you and hugged you.

"Hey, it's ok." you said and soothed her back. The gang then left the room and you say Halsey down on her bed.

You let her cry on your shoulders and then 30 minutes later she's dressed and so are you. The two of you are just seated on her bed and all the sudden your phone rings.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Hi, Y/N its-" the callers started.

"Mr Gomez?" You asked and Halsey looked at you with her eyebrows raised.

"Hi, I-I might need you a little early." Mr Gomez said and that's it for you to stand up and drag Halsey with you. While walking towards the car ignoring the questioning look that is being given to you you asked for Mr. Gomez's address.

"24 Privet Drive. Room 308 buzzer number is 0550. I'll be waiting Y/N." He said in a sad tone.

"Ok, first off, I don't want to get kidnapped." Halsey said fastening her seatbelt.

"Someone important needs my assistance." You said and Halsey looked at you questioningly.

"He got cancer, Mr. Gomez is a friend of mine and he needs me right now because he got a daughter that just turned 6 years old (I know I said 12 before but I got something in mind). He's a single dad and you'll see what's next." You answered.

"You're gonna keep the child." Halsey said after a minute of silence. "So does that mean I'm gonna have a sister?" She asked and made you press the break.

"Sister?" You asked and continued driving after a car horn brought you back to earth.

"Yeah, since you're my mom" Halsey said cooly while looking out at the window.

"Awe, did this badass girl call me her mom?" You asked and chuckled.

Halsey rolled her eyes at you and giggled.

"Ok, then, you're my first child." You said still chuckling.

Once the two of you arrived at the destined address. You ran towards the buzzer and buzzed the number that was given to you by Mr. Gomez.

"Y/N?" He asked through the speaker.

"Yup. So, can you please open up the front door down here in the lobby?" You asked.

Then a beeping noise came and you pulled the door open.

Quickly ran in an open elevator press three button.

"Which way do you think it'll be?" You asked Halsey. "Left or right?"

"Right." She said and the both of you ran towards the room then you knocked softly.

"Y/N thank goodness you're here." Mr. Gomez said stepping out of his apartment room for Clarissa to not hear anything.

"So, umm did you tell her yet?" You asked. "And by the way this is Halsey."

"Your girlfriend?" He asked.

"Oh, no sir, I'm her daughter." Halsey said.

"Wait what?" The old man asked.

"She sees me as a motherly figure that's all." You said.

The man nodded and looked at you. "I need you to be here when I tell her." He said.

"Which is when?" You asked.

"About now." He said and opened the door inviting you and Halsey in.

"Hey, Clarissa, look who's here." Gomez said. Clarissa turned around from where she was sat and her eyes widen and so did yours. You think you are going to faint because of the resemblance the young brunette holds.

Woah, is this fate talking to me? You thought. Clarissa got Lauren's hair, eyebrows and eye colour. However, she got the shape of your face, your smile and your nose that also twitches out of habit.

"Jeez, I didn't know that girl actually looks like you and-" Halsey started but you shushed her.

"Y/N? Halsey?" Asked the young girl. She wonders why you're here but she's happy and she's just containing her fangirl mode inside. I mean the girl don't want to embarrass herself in front you, her idol.

"Hi." You said. "You must be Clarissa. I'm sorry I was not there when you met the gang." You said and walked closer to her then sat beside her. Halsey took a seat on the adjacent single couch and watched the interaction between you and your soon-to-be daughter.

"It's ok, I didn't see Lauren there either." She said and looked at you with confusion when your eyes widen at what she just said. That only meant that Lauren was not there too?

Mr. Gomez took the advantage of this and went to his room to pack the stuff he needs in the hospital. He also arranged the papers that is needed, he stuffed them neatly in an envelop. All is ready to go you can just show it to the social services so you can be the legal guardian of Clarissa. The guardian payment is paid as well so you didn't have to worry about a single thing. Then Mr. Gomez went to Clarissa's room tears spilled out of his eyes as he end tweed and packed the important stuff Clarissa need and wants.

By the time Mr. Gomez is done and entered the living room where you, Clarissa and Halsey are laughing at the joke Clarissa made. Mr. Gomez cleared his throat and all of you looked at him. You gulped because you thought that you're ready for this, but then I guess you can never really prepare for goodbyes.

"Clarissa, my dear." Mr. Gomez started as he took a seat on the other side of Clarissa.

Clarissa just looked at him expectantly encouraging him to continue. "What is it papa?" She asked.

"Well, you know how papa is been sick lately?" He asked, his voice cracking. You looked over at Halsey and she's looking at the ground, sniffling quietly.

"What is it papa?" Clarissa asked, feeling the sudden grey of the atmosphere.

"I-you know cancer?" He asked.

By that Clarissa sobbed, she's an intelligent child and with that hint she hugged her dad and buried her head on his shoulders and hugged him tightly.

"I'm sorry, dear, I found out too late. I know that I promised that I'll watch your first soccer game. I'm sorry that papa can't make it. I know that I promised to be the one walking you down the road and screaming at people how proud I am of you when you graduate Collage." Gomez said and sniffled while soothing the back of his crying daughter.

"But of course, I'm not leaving without making sure you're in good hands. That's why Y/N is here, you'll be living with her now. I know that she's gonna be great with you because she puts that smile on your face the way I do. You love her too." He said his voice cracking.

By now you can't help but to avert your eyes somewhere else. The interaction that is happening in front of you is too heartbreaking to watch.

"B-b-but I promise t-to you too that I'll be good child. I- promise papa." She said.

"So you're gonna go with Y/N now ok?" Gomez asked.

"Can we spend the time together before I can go? I want to eat dinner with you with your amazing cooking skill." Clarissa said and smiled pulling away from the hug.

"You two spend the day, we'll be back. Just call us when you guys are ready." You said and smiled sadly. Both you and Halsey walked out the apartment building and walked towards the car.

Once that you two are in the car you guys broke in to sobs. "Shit." Halsey mumbled.

"That's yet the saddest thing ever." You said and stared ahead.

"Let's go grab some food and come back here with our drive thru."Halsey suggested and so the both of you did. Then you came back, parking your car on the top ground parking right outside the building.

The night has now fallen, the time is 10:30 when you received a call from Mr. Gomez.

"Hello Mr. Gomez?" You asked.

"Still calling me by my last name?" He asked and chuckled deeply.

"Sorry, Marcus."You apologized.

"We'll be meeting you on the top ground parking?" He asked.

"Yup. We'll be there." You said and started your car deciding to have a little tour around the area so Marcus and Clarissa can spend just a little more time.

"Where are we going?" Halsey asked.

"They're coming down." You said.

"Yeah, exactly and why the hell are you pulling out the parking lot?" She asked.

"For them to atleast spend time together just for a little while. If only I can just give my life to Marcus then I'll do it. I don't want Clarissa to suffer like this. Freaking Marcus don't want to be a burden so he said it's better if he die like this. Gave a proper good bye to his daughter." You explained knowing the feeling of farewell to a gravestone is not exactly ideal.

Halsey was silent the whole ride. Thinking, about your past. She's thinking if you suffered losing your dad. She was in deep thought that she didn't notice that you guys arrived.

"Halsey! We're here." You snapped her out of her trance.

"Oh. Sorry." She said Dan got off the car the same time you did.

"I'll miss you soooo much!" Clarissa said.

"I'll miss you too, dear. Now, I know you'll be a good girl to Y/N, but still be the good girl that you are ok?" Marcus said.

"Don't worry. I'm your daughter! I won't be a bad girl." Clarissa said and smiled.

"That's my girl!" Marcus said and smiled again.

"Halsey why don't you lead Clarissa in the car?" You said.

"Cmon," Halsey said and smiled sweetly at Clarissa, reaching out her hand for Clarissa to take.

"I'll see you dad." She said and waved last goodbye.

"I'll see you dear, but not soon." He said and looked at you.

"So, Y/N here it is. All the papers are set and the social services will be giving you a visit by surprise. Of course I'm not worried about that. Please take care of my daughter." Marcus said. you shook your head no.

"Marcus. Cmon. I will pay for the hospital. Just live! Clarissa is still young." You said but not making any gesture that will scare Clarissa away.

"No, if I ever did get the surgery there is now way I'll living long to walk down the street screaming because of pride. Sure I'll live but not long enough. You'll waste your money!" Marcus said. Which is true, he's going to die anyways He'll live longer but not enough.

"Fine." you said and hugged him. "I'll take good care of her. Don't you worry."

"Oh, I'm not worried" He said and chuckled.

After that last goodbye. You drove them to the mansion. Clarissa won't stop crying on Halsey's shoulder until she fell asleep on the middle of the ride.

"She's so young." Halsey said.

"Atleast she remembered her father well and alive." You said.

"That is true." Halsey said and the two of you settled silently until you guys arrived. Clarissa still sleeping.

"Don't wake her. I'll get her and you'll get her bags. Be careful with the envelop." You said.

"Will do." she said and you got off. Halsey staying in the car because Clarissa is still asleep.

Then you opened the passenger door and Halsey got off slowly and you quickly caught Clarissa and putting her head on your shoulders.

Halsey opened the door for you and you entered with Clarissa in your arms. The gang are in the living room chatting away. When they hear you enter they quickly bombarded you with question but when they saw you enter they quickly kept quiet and you rushed towards your bedroom not noticing the look Lauren is giving you over the camera. Since the gang is skyping with Fifth Harmony but you didn't know.

The girls of Fifth Harmony looked at Lauren who just stared. She admired the way you cradled the child in your arms with such care.

"Hey, sorry. Halsey and Y/N are back!" Andres said.

"Who's the child?" Camila asked.

"Don't tell me Y/N is now a kidnapper?" Dinah asked.

"Oh, the child's name is Clarissa. Y/N's daughter." Halsey said. "I'll be right back guys. I'll just put this in her bedroom, Clarissa's stuff."

"So, Y/N suddenly decided to adopt a child?" Normani asked.

"It's a long story." Halsey said and left.

Lauren then thought deeply. A sudden feeling of envy that Halsey got to know the long story, get to know you supposed child, how comes Halsey was by your side when you got your daughter. Then someone snapped Lauren out of her deep thought.

"OMG! I got a sister!" Halsey said sitting with the gang in the living room.

"Sister?" Camila asked.

"Yup! I started calling her my mom." Halsey said.

"Wait what?" The girls of Fifth Harmony said sans Lauren.

"What did we miss? We haven't seen each other for two weeks and bam! Y/N is a mother of two!" Ally said.

"What's next? Brad got kicked out of the tour because he pissed Y/N off?" Normani asked and the girls laughed and the gang looked at each other.

"Oh wow, of course we missed that too!" Camila said.

"You guys missed a lot!" Miley said.

"Yeah, when are you guys gonna come here?" Cara asked.

"I missed my Beyonces!" Andres said.

"Lauren." Someone from Miami's side called out.

"Who's that?" Halsey asked.

"Luis." Lauren answered. "I'll be right back guys."

"Who's Luis?" Halsey asked.

"I think it's Lauren's boyfriend. He was not really properly introduced." Dinah said quickly.

"Oh." They said.

Then you came downstairs with an envelop and you stopped to check on the gang to see Ally, Camila, Normani and Dinah live.

"Oh hey guys!" You said. "How's it going?"

"Hey Y/N!" They greeted.

"How's the child that you forgot to mention about?" Dinah asked.

"Oh, her name is Clarissa. She's an only child of my great friend who is suffering from a stage 4 cancer and he asked me to be the legal guardian of Clarissa. Now I'll just study the papers to see what the social services requires from me." You said.

"Which great friend." Miley asked.

"Marcus, the taxi driver I talked to you guys about?" You asked the gang.

"Ooooohhhhhh!" Sudden realization hit the gang but left the other girls confused.

"So she's his daughter?" Shay asked.

"Yup!" You said. "Alright guys, I'll be right-" you said but was cut off by Lauren appearing in the screen.

"Hey guys sorry. I was talking to-" Lauren said and looked at you "Luis"

"Hey Lauren." You nodded at her.

"Hey." She said. The two of you just looked at each other until Dinah cleared her throat.

"I better get going then." You said and left.

Others can feel the tension in between the two of you so they tried to lighten it up. Lauren might be there but her mind isn't. Her thoughts are invaded by you, how you said hi to her, the child, your daughter to be precise. She wants to be there for you but she's not sure if she's ready, she's not sure if it's the right time.

Two days passed and the girls of Fifth Harmony will be arriving tomorrow morning. Clarissa however is still reserved with herself. Not opening up to others but she's polite. Until, you walked past her bedroom to see it slightly open and you can hear little sobs coming from it.

You knocked on her door and she stopped. "Clarissa?" You asked and entered her room. You Opened the lamp that is on her night table and sat on her bed.

"Hey champ." You said.

"H-hey." She said sitting down.

"It's going to be ok." You said and wrapped your arms around her while she cuddled on your side.

"I miss him." She said.

"I do too. Your father is such a great man. He helped me see something that I wouldn't have." You said.

"He-he loves listening to your songs even if it's cover. He listens with me and dances with me." She said.

"I saw you checking out the piano." You said.

"I-I'm sorry, I should've asked." She said.

"Oh no, it's ok. You can play whenever." You said while soothing her hair.

After a minute of silence you sense that she's still wide awake.

"I have an idea." You said.

"Is it a cool idea?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"It is!" You said excitedly. You face your back towards her and she climbed on your back for a piggy back ride. You twirled and she giggled.

You ran down the stairs to the kitchen and put Clarissa down. You let her choose the snacks and you guys went towards the basement where all the instruments are settled. You put the snacks on top of the grand piano and picked up Clarissa on top of it as well. She sat cross legged and you sat on the chair and started playing.

Then when Clarissa recognized the song she started singing along.

You can buy me diamond earrings
And deny-ny-ny, ny-ny-ny, deny-ny
But I smell her on your collar so goodbye-bye-bye
Bye-bye-bye

I know you're lyin
'Cause your lips are movin
Tell me do you think I'm dumb?
I might be young
But I ain't stupid
Talking round in circles with your tongue
I gave you bass, you gave me sweet talk
Saying how I'm your number one
But I know you're lyin
'Cause your lips are movin
Baby, don't ya know I'm done

You played the piano while Clarissa danced on it. Little the both of you know that The gang watches silently, admiring the two of you. Of course Miley took a video to post on Twitter and Instagram. With a caption: Welcome to the family baby Clarissa.

Next day came and the girls of Fifth Harmony came earlier than expected.

"Hey guys!" Andres greeted.

"Hey! Sorry we didn't know we'll be here this early." Camila said.

"It's ok." Andres said.

"I'm preparing breakfast so you guys can settle in your rooms and wake them up so you can join us." Andres said.

Then all of them came downstairs.

"Where's Y/N?" Dinah asked when Lauren was about to.

"They're in the basement." Miley said.

"They?" Normani asked.

"Oh! Clarissa!" Ally said excitedly.

"Don't be too loud when you guys check on them because they were up too late last night, hanging out." Zac said and smiled.

Then the girls of Fifth Harmony checked on them.

"Awe look!" Ally said and cooed. You are laying on your belly while using your hands as pillow and Clarissa doing it too but on your back.

"Gosh, she looks like Y/N." Dinah said.

"It's fate!" Camila said. then they all decided to leave the two of you alone. The 4 girls went upstairs to join the gang for breakfast.

However, Lauren stayed behind and she sat in front of you. She took her phone out and took a picture of the two of you. She smiled And kept the cute photo.

Lauren doesn't know what's keeping her from going back to you. But she knows that it's not the time yet. I don't even know when she'll be ready. But it does take a while.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4K 16
Camila gets an opportunity to interview a famous artist, Ms. Lauren Jauregui. What happens when the two girls start to have feelings for each other t...
172K 5.6K 35
You are a Harmonizer and you just can't stop talking about Fifth Harmony... Your home life isn't that great though, you are an only child, your fathe...
342K 11.7K 41
Lauren Jauregui, she is a member from Fifth Harmony and she is 20 years old. She haven't dated anyone in a while, she was focused on her career and f...
93.1K 2.6K 16
A Camila/You Fanfic WARNING:Domestic Abuse Your a student in College currently studying to be a music producer. Your living your daily lifestyle unti...