Third Time's A Charm

Af ShanayJones629

Esmeray was raised in a shitty orphanage and she didn't attend college. She started working at the age of eig... Mere

•Must Read •Warnings
Characters & Background on Main C.
Playlist
01
02
03
04
05
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19🌶️
20
21
22?️
23🌶️
24🌶️
25
26
27
28🌶️
29
Bonus Chapter.
New book alert Jamican

06

8.5K 417 92
Af ShanayJones629

A few days passed and I had already read all fifteen books. After my shower, I got dressed and finally decided to leave this room.

Yes leave this room.

Steele told me this morning that I could leave the room.

I wonder what was the catch but then I didn't care.

I could leave this room.

The books Steele bought me had me forgetting that I wanted to leave this place.

They relaxed me more than they should have

Over the few weeks, I have lived fifteen different lives, fallen for fifteen different loves.

Steele hasn't been so bad but he's still an asshole sometimes.

I only see him when he needs a shower and sleep.

I exit the room and walled down the broad dark hallway.

It was night-time

Whenever I'm inside our room I have no idea whether it's night or day unless I look at the clock.

I look outside through a large window and I saw guards walking around outside.

A sigh left my lips and I continue walking.

I was still trapped an running wasn't a option here.

There were no signs of maids which means they left and had already headed to the maid's house.

I toured around the entire west wing before going over to the east wing.

The doors that didn't open I didn't bother in forcing them open.

While walking down the halls of the east wings I gazed around on the paintings and walls.

A door opened and Amelia exits the room with a man in a powered wheelchair. She was chatting to him before her eyes fell on me.

"Esmeray what are you doing here?"

"I got bored in my room," I stated and before she could speak I spoke again

"Um- who's this?" I asked while looking at the man.

Before she could speak he started making weird wheezing sounds and it seem like he was trying to talk. My eyes widened a bit as it got worst.

My brows drew together as I tried to comprehend what he was trying to say.

"Raphael stop," Amelia said but he didn't.

"He's just-Raphael please," Amelia begged. He stopped before smiling at me.

"Hello, my name is Raphael Perez, your husband's smaller brother," he introduced himself.

So he can talk

You sneaky little fox.

Wait he's Steele's brother

Is he that little girl's father?

I smiled before walking towards him.

"My name is Esmeray Pierce," I said

"I know, nice name by the way," he said

"Thank you and it's nice to meet you," I said while reaching my hand out.

"I'm paralyzed from the neck down and I'm also deaf," he said with a sly smirk.

But he said my name-

I slowly pulled my hand away but he took it and gave me a firm handshake. My eyes widen and he grins at that.

"I'm kidding I'm not deaf and I'm actually paralyzed from the waist down," he said and I looked at Amelia.

"He's telling the truth now," she said and I looked back at him.

"You're a sneaky little fox," I said with a smile.

"And you're beautiful," he complimented and Amelia hit him.

"I'm not flirting Amelia," he said and I looked at her.

She looks behind me and her body grew stiff. I turned around as Raphael looks behind me too.

My eyes met Steele's dark ones and my body grew tense under his gaze.

He looks angry

Oh shit

I'm in the he east wing

I'm fucked- the first time he allows me to leave the room I fuck up.

"Brother," Raphael said

Steele's eyes moved from mine and they softened once he was looking at his brother.

"Hey Raph," Steele said with a smile. He started walking towards us and I stepped aside.

Wow, it smiles.

"You're dismissed Amelia," Steele said and she nods before leaving.

"How was your day?"

"Boring," Raphael answered

"Tomorrow will be better, I'll make sure of it," Steele assured him.

"Good," Raphael said and I stepped back.

"I think I should go," I said

"Good idea, since you shouldn't be here in the first place," Steele said while looking at me.

"No, it's okay. She's not causing any harm, brother. Plus, I like her," Raphael said and I gave him a small smile.

Steele looked at him with an unknown expression before looking at me.

"Esmeray you mind coming with me to the kitchen?" Raphael asked.

"No-"

"I would love to," I said before looking at Steele.

"There's an elevator down the hall," Raphael informed and I look at him.

Elevator?

Wow

That's rich rich rich.

He pressed a button on the wheelchair and it started moving in the direction he wanted.

He turned around and started heading down the hall. Steele grabbed my arm and I looked at him.

"You're so lucky he's right there. I told you not to come over her," he whispered-shout.

"Are you coming sister-in-law?" Raphael asked and Steele released me.

"Don't call her that," Steele stressed and I followed behind Raphael.

"Come on grumpy pants. I'll call her what she is if I want to," Raphael said and I turn to look back at Steele.

His jaw was clenched tight as he stared at us. We arrived at an elevator and Raphael pressed a button to call the elevator.

I looked back at Steele and he turned on his heel before walking away.

"He's afraid of elevators," Raphael whispered.

"Oh really?" I said and he nod.

"He gets this weird tummy feeling so he avoids them," Raphael informed.

We entered the elevator once it opened and Raphael pressed some buttons and we started going down.

We exit the elevator and Raphael took my hand as we moved to the kitchen.

"You know it's kind of weird that I've never seen you around,"

"You've been locked up in a room for how long? I think we know why," he said and I didn't respond.

True

We saw Steele making his way towards us and I sighed. He looked at our hands before speaking.

"You two are holding hands like-"

"It's not a crime Steele calm down," Raphael said.

Steele lets out a breath and opens the kitchen door before looking at his brother.

"Ladies first," Raphael said before looking at me.

"She's not a lady trust me," Steele said

"Excuse me," I said and he shrugs

Asshole.

"Come on Steele don't be rude. I like this one she's actually pretty-" Raphael said

"And she's actually my wife. Don't call her pretty," Steele said

"You mind hiding your jealousy brother. It's awful to watch,"

"Jealousy are you kidding me?"

He shakes his head before entering the kitchen before us. I opened the door for Raphael and he sighs.

He entered the kitchen and I followed behind them.

"Sit with me," Raphael said and I nod.

I removed a chair from under the table and set it aside. He took its space and I sat down next to him.

"Smoothie right?" Steele asked and Raphael nods.

"Two," Raphael adds.

"I'm not making her a damn smoothie," Steele said

"Why not?" Raphael asked

"Because I don't like her and I don't want to," He said and I got up.

"It was nice meeting you Raphael-"

"Don't go,"

"Let her go and we don't need her presence," Steele said and I walked out.

My legs worked their way upstairs and I entered our room. I climbed in bed and sat there for a while.

A couple minutes later I got under the covers and laid down. The room door opened and my dear husband walked in.

He walked over to my side of the bed and I look up at him.

"I think you would like ice coffee more than a herbal smoothie," he said and I looked at the cup.

Is this man okay?

He's act like an asshole but buys me books and makes me, iced coffee?

"I know you like coffee,"

"How?" I asked and he ignored the question.

"Are you going to take it or not,"

I took it and he walked away. He went to the bathroom and I looked at the cup.

It had a straw inside.

I placed the straw between my lips and suck up the sweet bitter goodness.

Mhmm

By time he was finished bathing and putting on his clothes. My coffee was finished.

I got up and brought the cup to the kitchen without him bothering me about it. When I got back Steele was sitting on the bed, probably texting.

"I told you to stay out of the east wing," he said but I didn't say anything.

"Do you like disobeying me Esmeray?" he asked while looking up at me.

"No-"

"Then why do you always do the opposite in what I tell you not to do,"

"I'm-"

"Don't apologize," he said and I looked at my fingers. He lets out a sigh and I look back at him.

"Don't pretend to like him or laugh at his joke. He doesn't need any hurting him or faking-"

"I wasn't pretending or faking," I said and he stared into my soul.

He looks away and laid down.

"Come to bed Esmeray," he said calmly and I went towards the bed after a couple of seconds

"Raphael wants you to come with us tomorrow," he said as I climbed into the bed.

"Don't get any ideas and I mean it," he said and I nod even though his back was turned to me.

I turned and lay down. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take over.

~~~~

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

70.8K 1.9K 30
"Now I know why they call you the devil" "I told you I was anything but good Angel" - Two people that could have lost their lives find each other. An...
160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
44.5K 588 20
"P...please stop... I... I can't anymore... S...stop..." "I don't know the word 'stop' baby girl, I am not done yet. I need this so badly right now...
21.7K 358 48
There is nothing more beautiful than watching an innocent angel fall apart at my sinful actions. I'm going to ruin her. "Augustine." And she comes...