Fat To Fabulous

xoxoAbbeyxoxo

April Phillips is your typical nerdy girl with her typical glasses, typical unruly brown hair, and typical ac... Еще

Chapter One: Opportunities
Chapter Two: Run, Baby, Run
Chapter Three: New Looks
Chapter Four: Busted
Chapter Five: Victoria's Secret
*AUTHOR'S NOTE*
Chapter Six: All Eyes On Her
Chapter Seven: Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Ouch!
Chapter Eight: Treading On Forbidden Territory
Chapter Nine: Got A Secret, Can You Keep It?
Chapter Ten: Merry Christmas
Chapter Eleven: Trevor Off The Tracks
Chapter Thirteen: Mutiny and Overthrow
New Queen vs Old Queen
Chapter 15: The Final Round

Chapter Twelve: Fakin'

4.1K 136 27
xoxoAbbeyxoxo

WARNING: SHORT CHAPTER! JUST A FILLER!

April's POV

After about fifteen minutes of being outside, I dried my eyes and stood up, looking down at Dominic.

"Let's go back inside."

"Are you sure?" He asked, standing up. "We can go home if you want."

"No, I'm okay. Just had to get away from the party for a while. Let's go back inside. It's almost midnight anyway. And I don't want to miss it."

Carmen's POV

I sipped my drink as I surveyed the crowd. From afar, I saw Dominic and April come in through the back door. I took another sip before, saying, "She doesn't deserve to be here."

"Then why did you invite her?" Monique asked.

"I don't know. The angel in me won the mental debate."

"So how do you feel about your ex-boyfriend dating the girl that took your place as head cheerleader and queen bee?"

"She did not take my place!" I snapped. "She just substituted for me. When I go back to school next week, all will be normal."

"Okay." Monique said in a doubtful tone.

I took another sip before Monique said, "Who do you plan on kissing at midnight?"

"Dominic."

She coughed on her drink. "You can't do that, Carmen."

"Why not?"

She rolled her eyes. "You know exactly why. He is not your boyfriend anymore!"

"Who are you raising your voice at?" I said with a glare.

She kissed her teeth as she looked away and drank her alcohol. I looked up at the clock. Two more minutes.

I tapped the DJ and gave him the "cut it" signal.

He nodded as he scratched the track before cutting it off completely.

The crowds of teenagers ended their conversations and looked at the DJ where the music was coming from.

"How y'all feeling tonight?" He yelled over the microphone. Shouts and yells rose from the crowd as solo cups rose in the air.

"Well, we have two minutes left until midnight so find your partner and have some fun."

I watched as people scrambled to find a person to kiss and suddenly felt left out that I didn't have anyone to kiss tonight. I looked to my right and saw that even Monique and her boyfriend, Chris, were together. I sat back in silence and watched the pairs of couples look at the monitor expectantly. Thirty more seconds.

Twenty-five more seconds.

As soon as it reached ten seconds, the crowd began to chant.

"Ten!"

"Nine!"

"Eight!"

"Seven!"

"Six!"

"Five!"

"Four!"

"Three!"

"Two!"

"One!"

The monitor displayed fireworks with the words "Happy New Years!" in huge multi-color letters. I looked around and looked at the couples locking lips until my eyes fell on Dominic.

His arm was around April's waist and his other hand in her hair. Her hands were wrapped around his neck as they kissed passionately.

My throat grew tight and tears sprung in my eyes. But not from sorrow.

From anger.

She is going to pay for this.

I am going to make sure of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week later......

April's POV

Today was our first day back at school, much to my sadness. I rolled over the side of my bed and turned off my blaring alarm clock before sitting up and rubbing sleep from my eyes.

I made my way to the bathroom and took a shower, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and got dressed.

I went downstairs and myself a bowl of oatmeal and poured myself a glass of milk before finishing it and throwing the dirty plate and cup in the sink.

I walked outside and unlocked my car door and buckled myself in before pulling out of the driveway and heading down the street.

I parked my car in the student parking lot and slung my bag over my shoulder as I climbed out and locked my car.

As I made my way to the front door of the school, I felt an arm wrap around my neck and a kiss was planted on the side of my face. I looked and met Dominic's smiling eyes as he laughed at my reaction.

"Almost scared you?" He asked, walking alongside me.

"Yeah." I said, laughing. I was startled very easily. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I was thinking maybe you and I could-"

His sentence was stopped short as he looked around. I followed his gaze and met the scrutinizing eyes of passing students and teachers. Some were shocked and some glared at me through squinted eyes.

"What are they looking at?" I whispered to him as I tried to avoid everyone's gaze on me.

"Well, the second most popular girl in school is seen walking with the boyfriend of the most popular girl in school, so I can understand their reaction."

"There;s really nothing to stare at." I mumbled to myself.

"Well, let's give them something to stare at." He said. Before I knew what he meant by that, he spun my around and crashed his lips against mine and wrapped his arm around my waist while the other roamed through my hair.

I was taken by surprise but finally relaxed and kissed him back, draping my hands across his neck as I pulled him in.

I heard the sounds of cameras snapping pictures and the gasps of other students around us as we pulled back and gasped for air, leaning our foreheads together.

"Feel better?" He asked me, his chest rising and falling at the same rhythm as mine.

"Much better." I breathed.

Carmen's POV

I placed my books on my locker as before slamming it shut and pulling out my mirror to check my makeup.

Monique and Jessica's phones rang at the same time as a flash popped up on their screens. A worried expression crossed their faces as they both looked at me and back at their phones.

"What?" I asked them in confusion.

"You might not want to see this." Jessica said.

"Give me your phone." I demanded.

She sighed in surrender and handed over her phone as I looked at her screen. I felt my eyes bulge out as I looked at an 8 megapixel image of April and Dominic kissing. His hand was buried in her hair while her talons were wrapped around his neck.

I tossed Jessica's phone at her carelessly over my shoulder as I walked away. She fumbled to catch it before she and Monique followed me.

"What are you going to do?" Monique said. "You can't really call him your boyfriend now."

"Yes, I can. Dominic and I have been dating ever since the seventh grade. I'm not going to let some girl that I made take him from him."

"Too late for that." I heard Monique mumble. I glared at her over my shoulder as I approached April's locker and leaned against it and waited.

"What are you waiting for?" Monique asked. It was a stupid question.

"April, you idiot."

I heard her suck her teeth as she rolled her eyes and scrolled through her phone. I saw April coming.

Along with Dominic.

His arm was draped across the back of her neck and along her shoulders as they laughed about something. I rolled my eyes as I got off her locker and watched her as she came closer. Her smile dropped slightly as she saw me.

"Hey, April!" I said in an excited voice. I opened my arms to give her a hug, which she returned stiffly.

She and Dominic looked equally as confused as I smiled at her. It was a fake smile, but it seemed even genuine to me.

"Hi." April said as she moved aside and opened her locker, retrieving her books that she would need for her first few period classes.

"We are having practice after school today and I want you to come."

"Why?" April asked, confused. Just what I want.

"Because you're a cheerleader!" I said, as if it was obvious.

"No, I'm not." April said, tossing some hair out of her eye with a toss of he head.

"Yes, you are! The team decided and you are an excellent cheerleader. So I will see you after school in the gym at 4 pm." And before she could respond, I walked past them, taking long strides.

"What was that about?" Jessica asked. "I thought you hated her."

"I do. But I will have to fake nice for now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hola!!!!!! Yes, I know that this is a very short chapter but I just wanted to do a filler chapter for you guys and I have news!!!!!!

I have already decided on what my next story should be and I have a plot, book cover, and everything !!!!

Let me know what you think about the story by leaving your comments and don't forget to vote and share with your friends! Until next time!

Later

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Honey Lake v.s. Thunder Nessa

Любовные романы

91.8K 2K 28
Addisyn and Lavina Ryder are twins, but are completely opposites in character and physical features. While Lavina basks in her thin beauty, Addisyn i...
5.9K 163 13
Meliodas has been bullied since kindergarten cause of his glasses and always got mistaken for a girl cause of his long hair but that was only in kind...
From Fat to Phat Nessa & Nicole

Подростковая литература

230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...
Pumpkin and Plum Sowmya Venkatesan

Подростковая литература

24.4K 966 27
I am Sam, a 17-year-old in my junior year, weighing 200 pounds. I am fat; calling me fat is an understatement. I am obese. If you call getting a stra...