Chapter Eight: Treading On Forbidden Territory

April's POV

As I woke up the next Monday, a weird feeling enveloped me. As if something was going to happen today, although I didn't know what. I ignored the feeling and shrugged it off as I rolled out out bed and wrapped myself in my pink cotton robe as I trudged my way to the bathroom. I tied my hair into a messy bun as I took my shower, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and finished with mouthwash. I walked into my room and opened my wardrobe, debating against myself for what to wear. I finally decided to wear a thin red sweater over my uiniform top and black skinny jeans paired with red flats. Since Christmas was right around the corner, I decided to dress accordingly. The best thing about living in San Francisco is that we never had to worry about bad weather. I pulled my hair into a sleek ponytail and curled the ends and topped it off with a green and red ribbon. I quickly grabbed my bag, cell phone, and jacket before heading downstairs.

As I walked into the kitchen, I was greeted with the beautiful sight of sunlight pouring through our thin pastel curtains. I was also greeted with the smell of cinnamon french toast and churros, my all-time favorite breakfast.

"Good morning." My mother sung as she poured herself a tall glass of orange juice.

"Morning. Something smells good."

"Because I made your favorite churros and toast that you love around this time of year." She turned back to the stove and pulled out a plate as she loaded my plate with food. My mouth watered just looking at it.

"Here you go." She said as she slid the plate in front of me and sat across from me diagonally.

"Thanks." I said as I give her a quick smile and took the first bite of my churro. The cinnamon and sugar fused together to make the perfect combo.

"This is delicious." I said as I devoured more until there was nothing left but a pile of crumbs and sugar.

"My, it seems as if you haven't eaten in ages." My mother said as she laughed.

"Yeah, well I didn't have any dinner last night. I went straight to bed."

"Mhmm, makes sense." My mother said thoughtfully. Whenever she had that tone, I know that there was something she wanted to know.

"What is it?" I asked her, arching an eyebrow.

"What's what?" She asked, feigning innocence.

"You want to know something. What is it?"

"How's Trevor?" She asked, leaning closer to me. 

"Good. Why?" 

"C'mon, there has to be more than that. What's he like? Is he sweet? Is he nice? Is he a good kisser?" 

I nearly choked on my orange juice as I stared at her in shock? "What?!" 

"C'mon, you can tell me." She said with a smile. 

I quickly finished my juice and food and placed the dirty dishes in the sink before throwing my bag over my shoulder. "No, I can't" 

I laughed at her shocked expression as I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Bye, Mom." 

She laughed as she waved goodbye and turned to the sink to wash the dishes.

As I stepped outside, the warm sunshine greeted me as I headed to my car and threw my bag in the passenger seaat. I strapped myself in before shifting gears and pulling out of the driveway. As I approached a stop light, I felt my phone vibrate before playing "Got Me Good" at top volume. When the light changed green, I quickly pulled over to the side of the road and parallel parked before answering the call.