Chapter Ten: Merry Christmas

April's POV

The next morning, I woke up and rolled over to the side to find an empty bed. I braced myself up on my hands and rubbed the sleepiness from my eyes before I glanced around the bedroom. Everything was in place and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Except for Dominic not being in bed.

I glanced at the clock, which read 11:50 in the morning, before getting out of bed and heading to the bathroom. Using the guest bathroom, I brushed my teeth and took a shower before changing into Dominic's wife beater and shorts before heading downstairs.

Sunlight filtered through the white curtains which illuminated the living room and kitchen. The sound of sizzling oil and the smell of cinnamon toast greeted me as I turned into the kitchen. I was greeted with the sight of Dominic in nothing but a pair of basketball shorts, flipping bacon and eggs on the stove.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." He said as I walked over to him and leaned against the counter.

"Good morning." I said in a quiet, tired voice. "How long have you been up?"

"Since nine o'clock." He replied. "I went for a run and took a shower before coming back and preparing breakfast. You're a heavy sleeper."

I raised an eyebrow. "I am?"

"Yeah, you are." He said smiling. He turned down the fire on the stove before stepping in front of me and wrapping his arms around my waist. "You slept through the lawnmower, my shower, and breakfast."

I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck as I placed a kiss on his lips. "I was really tired last night."

"I could tell." He said in a husky voice. He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine as his hands ran over the small of my back. I kissed him back for a few minutes before pulling away. "But now I'm hingry." I said with a smile.

He gave me a look before turning back to the stove and putting eggs, bacon and cinnamon toast with butter on each plate before carrying both of them over to the table. We ate in comfortable silence for a moment before I asked him, "So what are you planning on doing today?"

He shrugged. "I really have nothing to do today, so I will probably be staying home."

"Your family doesn't have anything planned for Christmas? It's only a few days away, you know."

He nodded. "I know. But my family doesn't really take Christmas seriously like other families do."

"I respect that. I'm going to go visit Carmen today."

He looked up at me. "You're really going to visit her? You know that she is going to be coming back to school in a bout a week or so and she has been really bitchy lately."

I shrugged. "I don't care. Besides, I know how to hold my own."

He nodded again. "Okay, but don't say I didn't warn you."

I washed up the dishes before putting on my clothes that I came here in that was washed and dried before putting on my jean jeacket.

"Bye, April." Dominic said to me as he leaned against the doorframe of the front door.

"Bye, Dominic." I said as I shoved my feet into my shoes and threw my bag over my shoulder before giving him a peck on the cheek. "I'll call you later."

"Okay. Drive safely." He said as he closed the door behind me.

"Thanks." I walked down the pathway and into the garage where I started the car and pulled out onto the avenue.