The Amazing Spider-Luz (Owl H...

By Emperor_Drakkon

17 year old Luz Noceda had a life she loved. A family, friends, and a hometown she could always find out some... More

Issue 1: Humble Beginnings
Issue 2: Fantasy and Reality
Issue 3: Mystic Mutation
Issue 4: The Strangest Things
Issue 5: With Great Power
Issue 6: Comes Great Responsibility
Issue 7: Spider-Witch
Issue 8: Say My Name
Issue 10: Not So Secret Identity
Issue 11: Good As Gold
Issue 12: On The Hunt
Issue 13: Friendly Neighborhood
Issue 14: Witch Hunter
Issue 15: End Of The Hunt
Issue 16: Sittin' On A Tree
Issue 17: Second Rate
Issue 18: What Makes A Hero
Issue 19: Mysterious Mystery
Issue 20: Lights Out
Issue 21: Warhammer
Issue 22: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Issue 23: Sticks and Stones
Issue 24: Breaking News
Issue 25: Confident Confidence
Issue 26: Predator and Prey
Issue 27: Bitterness
Issue 28: The Blight of My Life
Issue 29: Grom Night
Issue 30: Break-Up
Special: The Amazing Spider-Anne
Issue 31: Intervention
Issue 32: Lumity
Issue 33: The Iron Owl
Issue 34: Magically Magical Magic
Issue 35: Death of The Golden Goblin
Issue 36: The Owl and The Spider
Issue 37: Rise of Scorn
Issue 38: Supersuit
Issue 39: Team-Up
Issue 40: The Sinister Six
Issue 41: Philip Wittebane
Issue 42: Heart Of Iron
Issue 43: The Boiling Isles
Issue 44: Titan
The End
Unknown Transmission (Teaser)
The Owl-Verse

Issue 9: The Golden Goblin

853 36 38
By Emperor_Drakkon

"Hey, Luz?" Vee asked. "You wanna go to that parade that's in the city tomorrow?"

Luz turned to her sister. "Why do you ask?"

"I...I guess I just wanna spend some more time with you. I dunno why, but...I get the feeling that you're not telling me something." Vee said, sitting up in her bed. "I mean...I honestly didn't think I'd see a smile on your face again for a while after..."

Luz's eyes softened and she sighed. "I didn't think so either...I think I'm coping in all honesty...I-I dunno what I'm feeling."

"Feelings suck sometimes." Vee said with a weak grin.

Luz chuckled. "Yeah...but, sure. I'd love to spend some time with my twin sis. Plus, parades are cool!"

"They can be." Vee said before yawning. "Night, sis."

"Goodnight, Vee." Luz said as she laid down and looked up at the ceiling. 'I wish I could tell you...but if I know anything about superhero stories, I...I can't risk losing you too...'

The very next day and after school, Luz and Vee went into the city...but, they did have a 'Find My Phone' app activated because Camila was honestly much too afraid of not knowing where they were.

An almost hour-long phone call was spent reassuring her that they would be okay. Neither Vee or Luz could really blame her worry though.

"Oh! Hey! I think it's starting!" Vee smiled, hearing drums and trumpets from a distance beginning to play.

Luz smiled as well and stood with her sister before something caught her eye. She turned and saw that Blight Manor was actually not that far from them.

And Blight Manor just so happened to be the home of Amity, if the last name didn't make it obvious enough.

Luz stared at the large home in awe before actually seeing Amity and her family on the balcony. But it wasn't just her dads, two others were there too.

Confused for a moment, Luz squinted her eyes before it hit her. Amity actually had two older siblings who had already graduated high school.

'What were their names again...? Eddie...? Emmy...? Man, you can't even figure out your own crush's sibling's names?! What the heck, Luz!?' She thought before blinking. 'Thinking about it, maybe that's not that bad. It's not like Amity would quiz me if I ever tried asking her out.'

Luz then silently sighed. 'Asking her out is a nice thought...but even with all the powers that I wouldn't even be able to show her, it's just...so scary. What would I even say to her? Amity's smart, cool, and classy! It would have to be-'

But then, Vee suddenly hit her arm. "Luz, are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh! Sorry, sorry!" Luz said before directing her attention to the parade.

The parade was naturally loud, colorful, and cheerful. Floats, mascots, music, dancers, all kinds of things. Not to mention a ton of balloons. That was always fun.

Luz looked at her sister and only smiled more when she saw Vee smiling. It was something she hadn't seen in a while...especially since she seemed to be very bothered yesterday for obvious reasons.

But then, suddenly, people began looking away from the parade and up into the sky, with too many voices speaking at once.

Luz's head suddenly began ringing and she whipped her head up to the sky as well.

There was a large trail of smoke and almost a screeching sound...and then, everyone could see that it was some kind of person flying around on a glider, which was leaving behind the smoke.

Vee's eyes widened and she stepped back. "Wait...is that Mr. Wittebane's glider thing!?"

The person in the sky started to fly downwards...before suddenly throwing something behind the last parade float.

And then? There was an explosion, sending the people flying and the float covered in debris.

Everyone began screaming as they rushed to evacuate...but what was even louder than their screaming was the person's cackling.

Vee's eyes were wide with horror before she turned to see her sister...only to see she was gone. "Luz!? LUZ!!!"

The person on the glider then began hovering in the middle of the city with one of his explosives in hand. He was wearing the golden armor from Wittebane Enterprises, but he had a torn up white cloak over his shoulders and head...and a strange golden mask that almost looked like a horned owl of some kind. Not to mention, he had some kind of bag likely filled with more explosives.

He then turned to Blight Manor and smirked under his mask as he began flying towards it, tossing the explosive towards the balcony.

It exploded after hitting the bottom of the balcony. Shrieks came from Amity as the part she was standing on began cracking open and she began slipping down.

"AMITY!!!" Alador screamed as he tried to reach for his daughter, only for a shadow to look over him.

"Sorry, but none of you will be living today." The golden villain cackled as a blade shot out from his gauntlet. He then used his other hand to take out another explosive as he looked at the slipping Amity.

Darius quickly grabbed his pistol and began shooting at the golden villain, who just barely dodged and used his glider as a shield before flying around.

"SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT, OFFICER!!!" He laughed as he threw the explosive at the Blight Family.

But then...a golden web suddenly grabbed the explosive and tossed it right into the air.

The golden villain stared in confusion before suddenly being kicked right off his glider. But, his glider only flew down right after him.

Amity then tried to run to her family, but she suddenly fell after the piece of the balcony finally cracked open...but she didn't even fall for a few seconds until someone caught her.

"I got you!!! It's okay!!!" A voice cried.

Amity turned and gasped when she saw she was in the arms of their city's supposed superhero. "S...Spider-Girl?!"

"Heh! Not my name!" She said as she hopped right onto the stable part of the balcony with Amity in her arms.

Luz then set Amity down, very thankful that she was even able to lift her in the first place. "Go! Get somewhere safe! I'll handle-!"

"BEHIND YOU!!!" Amity shrieked.

Luz's head began ringing just in time and she backflipped right off the balcony as she dodged the slash of her new foe.

The golden villain cackled and flew down after her, throwing another explosive at her.

"Awww, for me!? You shouldn't have!" Luz quipped as she webbed the explosive and threw it into the air again.

"No, really! I INSIST!!!" The villain laughed as he threw even more at her.

Luz swung around and twirled in the air as she barely dodged each explosive. But then, she was finally punched in the face and grabbed by the neck, now face to face with the villain.

"Ah...the infamous little spider...I was wondering how many bombs I would have to throw at people until you showed your face." The villain grinned, raising his blade in the air.

Luz then kicked him in the stomach and fell before webbing the bottom of his glider and swinging behind him. "This isn't my face, buddy! But I'm flattered!"

"You're sure that's not your face?" The villain asked suddenly as he pointed his finger and a red laser beam shot out of it, hitting Luz in the shoulder. "Masks are nothing but a face! Some of them are fake...but which one, little spider!? The one that hides your face or the one that is your face!?"

Luz grasped her shoulder before swinging out of the way when his glider shot at her. "Ooh! A riddle! I got one too! What really hurts and is so fast that you blink and miss it?"

She then shot a web at his glider and pulled herself towards him, punching him across the face. "Spoiler! It's that!"

The villain fell off his glider, but once again, it flew down and saved him. He cracked his neck. "I gotta admit...that actually smarts..."

Luz then landed on the side of a building. "But enough small talk, who the heck are you?!"

"If I wanted you to know that, why would I have a whole speech about masks, little spider?" The villain cackled as fired more of his finger-lasers at her.

Luz dodged each one with almost expert agility. She then began swinging away, well aware that her new foe was chasing her. She was trying to lead him away from the people.

After all, she was what he wanted.

"Well, if you're gonna call me Little Spider, I figured I might call ya something!" Luz grinned as she spun around and webbed his hands together.

The villain snarled and struggled to break free.

"Maybe Gold Crook? Gold Thug?" Luz asked as she swung onto the glider and punched him in the face again. "Cause none of this is yours!!!"

The villain then finally broke free and began pushing against her as they clashed on the flying glider. "A few guards had to die so I could get these nifty toys! Something tells me you're jealous!"

"Jealous? Nah! I'm more family-friendly!" Luz said as she hopped off the glider again, dodging a slash from him. She then shot a web-line onto the glider and was dragged along with him through the air. "You look like some kind of goblin!"

"...goblin, eh?" The villain asked before grabbing another explosive from his bag. "Fine! You want a name? How about...GOLDEN GOBLIN!?!"

He then threw the explosive right at her, with Luz barely managing to dodge.

"Not bad! But you should've kept the receipt in that man-purse!" Luz cried before pulling herself onto the glider and kicking him off.

The two then began fighting while falling through the air, that is, until Luz shot a web and Golden Goblin's glider caught him.

Golden Goblin then cackled as he began firing more lasers at her. "You really love to talk with your words! I prefer to talk to the voices in my head!"

"At least you know you're crazy!" Luz said as she landed on the side of a building, still swiftly dodging more lasers.

But she quickly began thinking of a plan...not only was Golden Goblin way more intense than any usual criminal, but he seemed to be able to take her super strength and deal it back.

Just who was this guy...? And why did he want her?

Luz then got an idea and after dodging another laser, she swung right under the glider.

"Whoever you really are, Goldie...have a nice flight!" She cried as she punched a hole into the glider before swinging onto a wall.

The glider began to spiral around, with Golden Goblin holding on as he lost control. He then threw one last explosive at Luz. "CYA ROUND, WITCH!!!"

Luz hopped into the air, webbing the explosive and tossing it upwards again. She then got ready to punch the Golden Goblin, only to see he was gone. She landed on the wall and looked up, seeing a trail of smoke.

He got away.

"...my first supervillain...and he's totally insane...oh my god...t-this is really starting to settle in." Luz said, hugging herself a bit before her eyes widened. "VEE."

She then quickly began swinging back to where the parade was, knowing that her twin was likely worried sick.

Like how she was worried sick about this Golden Goblin coming back...

She swung right into an alley close by and then let herself transform back. She then began looking around...only to hear the strangled gasp of a human.

Luz turned around...and then her eyes bulged of her skull. And sure enough, she had found Vee...who had just witnessed her transforming back.

"...uh oh." Luz whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 193 8
After Belos petrified Eda, Luz is left alone in the Owl House regretting not being able to stop it. In her sorrow and despair, a man appears. Who is...
90.3K 3.1K 69
ORIGINAL AU AND ART BY sketchyneeks on Tumblr. MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCE BUT WE ALL KNOW YOU STILL READ IT EVEN WITH WARNINGS! ONCE COMPLETE STORY WI...
160K 4.7K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...
77.9K 2.1K 44
17 year old Luz Noceda never expected to go to Hexide High, one of the biggest schools in the country. She wanted to start over fresh after her bad e...